Jump to content

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System


Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Here is a still - looking like Michael Jackson or Justin Thomas up on my toes

 

IMG_6959.PNG.387544d0cb689b990bc9d60938846071.PNG

 

  • Like 4

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

8 hours ago, revkev said:

 

Thank you!!!

 

As a follow up I’ve switched to the blue stick for the dynamic warm up. It seems to get me to a faster point right out of the gate.

 

Thoughts there SuperSpeed?

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@revkev thanks for the feedback. The warmup is so individualistic and we’ve seen success with each club being used. Some like like lightest club to really ramp up the nervous system beforehand, some like the way the heavy club activates more muscles beforehand. The one thing to keep an eye on is if one uses the light club only during a warmup and does full out swings, does it increase speeds enough on the first few holes to grow off carry distances? Then hat gradually will fade on the front 9. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=72268]tchat07[/mention] remind us what the issues were with the regular swing and when hitting a ball? 
Distance does not line up with my swing speed. I have been hitting some high slices. Those are the main pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to hit some drivers!  Hopefully this will help stop my big miss right because I'm not getting my upper body ahead of my clubhead, thus allowing the club to actually catch up at impact.  We shall see...

  • Like 2

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Distance does not line up with my swing speed. I have been hitting some high slices. Those are the main pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

@tchat07 Clubface is wiiiiiiiiiide open homie.  Also backswing might could be shortened a bit.

Check these photos out:

Might strengthen lead hand grip (looks very weak):

1.png.1e334d2ff3b62d3fcd76e83df486259e.png

Super long backswing with wide open clubface:

2.png.9e94545ad9b663f9a4177dfa3c17224d.png

Clubface wide open at transition and left wrist extremely cupped (opens clubface):

3.png.d23b54d4017af0119c727a93c4f48b8d.png

Clubface open:

4.png.2a8c22faf73ed9b961fbcfa46af93a92.png

Clubface veeeeeeery open (pointing at sky):

5.png.abcf13ffbd9c40b6b61a5253d411cec8.png

Clubface still very open (pointing at sky):

6.png.8c2ac4de050b8971e835a30b42a43112.png

Clubface still very open after impact:

7.png.03e9c2406001f9a33fa206c505eee4c0.png

Clubface still open (pointing to sky):

8.png.a76282912fcb13de1ee8a29ef0aa5a10.png

Might recommend starting with shortening the backswing length and strengthening the left hand grip some.  Also, maybe try a flat left wrist in the backswing and downswing vs cupping it so much.

Those are just my thoughts/ramblings.

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

@tchat07 It's like you are cupping and pronating (left palm facing the ground) the left arm in the downswing.  When combined with an already weak grip, extra pronating on the downswing will further open the clubface:

9.png.30ed77a28eedfe3fa75930709d9bab89.png

10.png.edc9a0914fae77b54f1a3c9e5b423606.png

11.png.02a93909ec5310c7a555cb70d1523ce7.png

12.png.15420884d4efd7195c5e45d51294af76.png

13.png.4c281eeb3ca55af811f53abca666d120.png

That is the recipe for high slice-ville.  Fast swing speed exacerbates the problem. 

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk what I ate this morning, but I’ve been resting for 3 days now on super speed protocol and my speed is back in a BIG way. I smoked a drive 330 into a stiff breeze today. Almost lost the ball because it was so much further than expected. 

Edited by zrumble
  • Like 4

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph
 

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Fix me!
http://

 

 


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

 

 

@twyatt700 the way the back leg loads leads us to believe there could be an issue with pelvis or thoracic spine rotation. 
These tests should help get started.

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_lower_quarter_rotation_test
 

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_seated_trunk_rotation_test

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

@tchat07 Clubface is wiiiiiiiiiide open homie.  Also backswing might could be shortened a bit.

Check these photos out:

Might strengthen lead hand grip (looks very weak):

1.png.1e334d2ff3b62d3fcd76e83df486259e.png

Super long backswing with wide open clubface:

2.png.9e94545ad9b663f9a4177dfa3c17224d.png

Clubface wide open at transition and left wrist extremely cupped (opens clubface):

3.png.d23b54d4017af0119c727a93c4f48b8d.png

Clubface open:

4.png.2a8c22faf73ed9b961fbcfa46af93a92.png

Clubface veeeeeeery open (pointing at sky):

5.png.abcf13ffbd9c40b6b61a5253d411cec8.png

Clubface still very open (pointing at sky):

6.png.8c2ac4de050b8971e835a30b42a43112.png

Clubface still very open after impact:

7.png.03e9c2406001f9a33fa206c505eee4c0.png

Clubface still open (pointing to sky):

8.png.a76282912fcb13de1ee8a29ef0aa5a10.png

Might recommend starting with shortening the backswing length and strengthening the left hand grip some.  Also, maybe try a flat left wrist in the backswing and downswing vs cupping it so much.

Those are just my thoughts/ramblings.

@ChasingScratch @tchat07 Tony has a great eye for swing mechanics here! Two main things that stand out are the very weak grip with both hands leading to an open club face. Would try strengthening both the right and left on the club.

Also, a bit of reverse spine happening at the top. Could be from simply overswinging but it gets you in touch position to deliver the club from there.

This could help https://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/reverse-spine-angle_v2

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
 Upper body rotation: the amount open/facing the target the chest and/or shoulders are at impact (my definition for our purposes). Looks like your upper body (both shoulder and chest) is pretty close to facing the ball (parallel to the flight line). Looking at some professionals, their chest rotation greatly exceeds amateurs’. However it is tough to tell from a face on view (DTL is clearer). Some have the shoulders more open at impact and others have the chest open but shoulders closer to parallel at impact. This is very unique to the individual golfer and I should think that there certainly isn’t any one ideal for everyone. Lag is not necessarily something you have to create consciously and it’s something that you can hold onto for too long (I do this and am actually working to unload the lag earlier to shallow my angle of attack with irons and woods. My arms are laid off but my angle down into the ball is steep).
 
I can send you a video in a PM if you want. I did one for consil as well.
 
If you have a good kinematic sequence, there really isn’t much need to create any extra lag, provided you don’t come over the top and need a scoop to compensate so you don’t hit a huge slice.
 
But again your lead arm and shaft seem to be aligned at impact which is all you want/need. You have good speed already. If you are hitting it with a good shape and consistently, I wouldn’t mess too much with it.
 
Only reason I said anything was because you said “fix me”
 
How far to you hit driver already?
 
 
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
 
 
 
 
 

Yeah shoot me over that video! And thanks for the feed back. I drive it 240 average but my last few rounds I was over 250 on all my drives. I also was fitted into a new driver and should be getting that this week. According to the numbers with that change alone I could see up to 10-20 yard increase. I was using the cobra f8 stock stuff shaft and was spinning it way too much, up to 4000 on some shot out of the center so the new club with theoretically help with that too.
I’m going to upload the video in a moment. I will say, didn’t feel great but promise they were straight/baby fades. The angle on the camera was a little off but hope you can give me some pointers


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=72268]tchat07[/mention] It's like you are cupping and pronating (left palm facing the ground) the left arm in the downswing.  When combined with an already weak grip, extra pronating on the downswing will further open the clubface:

9.png.30ed77a28eedfe3fa75930709d9bab89.png

10.png.edc9a0914fae77b54f1a3c9e5b423606.png

11.png.02a93909ec5310c7a555cb70d1523ce7.png

12.png.15420884d4efd7195c5e45d51294af76.png

13.png.4c281eeb3ca55af811f53abca666d120.png

That is the recipe for high slice-ville.  Fast swing speed exacerbates the problem. 

Alright this works perfectly and is an open question. I have tried strengthening my grip but it decreases the speed at which I swing. Wheres the give or take? Like speed is king but keeping the ball in play also helps haha. Also big thanks really appreciate the feedback from everyone!

 

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Alright this works perfectly and is an open question. I have tried strengthening my grip but it decreases the speed at which I swing. Wheres the give or take? Like speed is king but keeping the ball in play also helps haha. Also big thanks really appreciate the feedback from everyone!

 

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

 

 

 

Trust me, speed without clubface control/center contact is wasted energy.  I know SuperSpeed has clubface drills they have people do (I need to do them myself).

I was swinging it 123-124mph on GC Quad in my Level 1 post-test, but I had swings that would only travel 280-300yds because of all the backswpin and lack of centered contact.  When I hit middle of the face, 350yds.  My fitter who was a college golfer was swinging like 108-110 and was hitting it 300yds dead center of the fairway because he could hit the middle of the face.

If the stronger grip gives you more consistent centered contact and keeps the ball in play, go with it.

The average driving distance for scratch golfers is only like 250yds I believe (click link).

 

  • Like 2

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:


Yeah shoot me over that video! And thanks for the feed back. I drive it 240 average but my last few rounds I was over 250 on all my drives. I also was fitted into a new driver and should be getting that this week. According to the numbers with that change alone I could see up to 10-20 yard increase. I was using the cobra f8 stock stuff shaft and was spinning it way too much, up to 4000 on some shot out of the center so the new club with theoretically help with that too.
I’m going to upload the video in a moment. I will say, didn’t feel great but promise they were straight/baby fades. The angle on the camera was a little off but hope you can give me some pointers


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Awesome!  If you are averaging 250-260yds, you are above average.  As I said to @tchat07, the average scratch male golfer hits driver something like 250yds. 

4000rpm of backspin is WAAAAAAY too high. 

Hopefully the fitted driver knocks that spin down for you.

  • Like 1

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Awesome!  If you are averaging 250-260yds, you are above average.  As I said to @tchat07, the average scratch male golfer hits driver something like 250yds. 

4000rpm of backspin is WAAAAAAY too high. 

Hopefully the fitted driver knocks that spin down for you.

Yeah I know! I guess thats why my 9 degree driver still balloons up and falls out of the sky. I basically get no roll out on every drive!

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@twyatt700 the way the back leg loads leads us to believe there could be an issue with pelvis or thoracic spine rotation. 
These tests should help get started.

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_lower_quarter_rotation_test
 

https://www.mytpi.com/articles/screening/the_seated_trunk_rotation_test

Oh I know I have poor trunk and pelvic mobility! Been doing a lot of yoga and mobility workouts to combat it but I was in a bad car accident at 18 and my back has been very stiff ever since 😪

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming I am at the second jump, the struggles with good contact appear to have returned. I don't know if this is expected or if it because I am an inconsistent 15-ish handicap and ball-striking isn't my forte having an off night, but a couple heel strikes and a topped drive with big losses in distance. My driver swing never really felt right or comfortable tonight. I assume it'll come as I continue to get through the protocols. Problems were made worse by playing through a down pour for three holes. Strangely, irons were mostly ok through it all.

I may have to post some swings with a ball and have @ChasingScratch diagnose my swing - he seems to have a knack for it.

  • Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Assuming I am at the second jump, the struggles with good contact appear to have returned. I don't know if this is expected or if it because I am an inconsistent 15-ish handicap and ball-striking isn't my forte having an off night, but a couple heel strikes and a topped drive with big losses in distance. My driver swing never really felt right or comfortable tonight. I assume it'll come as I continue to get through the protocols. Problems were made worse by playing through a down pour for three holes. Strangely, irons were mostly ok through it all.

I may have to post some swings with a ball and have @ChasingScratch diagnose my swing - he seems to have a knack for it.

@ChasingScratch is the anti Max Homa for swing roasts.  "Send him your swings and he shall fix you!" 😆

  • Like 2

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 9* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid

:Hogan: UiHi 19*  *Official Tester*

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 34"

:taylormade-small: TP5x pix or yellow

-or-

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=86896]ChasingScratch[/mention] is the anti Max Homa for swing roasts.  "Send him your swings and he shall fix you!" 


I am more than happy to roast as well


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...