Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Today I did some practicing which included pitch shots and bunker practice with my SW. While in the bunker, I discovered the sensor which had snapped off so I'm looking for suggestions what is the best glue to use to reattach it to the grip (of course the screw section is still in the grip hole)?

Editorial comment: while I love Shot Scope's products overall, it is pretty disappointing that the sensor should snap off like this after about 18-months of use. I do not abuse my clubs and my Wingman wedge is only the third club that it has been installed in.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50*- Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 56* M/N - Recoil DART 90 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

7 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

Today I did some practicing which included pitch shots and bunker practice with my SW. While in the bunker, I discovered the sensor which had snapped off so I'm looking for suggestions what is the best glue to use to reattach it to the grip (of course the screw section is still in the grip hole)?

Editorial comment: while I love Shot Scope's products overall, it is pretty disappointing that the sensor should snap off like this after about 18-months of use. I do not abuse my clubs and my Wingman wedge is only the third club that it has been installed in.

Interesting - I've used the sensors for the past 3 years and none have snapped. One quick way to save it is to use either rubber cement or instant glue - both will adhere to your grip but it's a permanent fix so you won't be able to use it on another club. An alternative approach is to use one of the spare sensors but keep in mind that you'll have 2 sets of data for that club - one with the old sensor and one with the new one. 

EDIT:

I neglected to mention that I did order a spare set of sensors a couple of years ago, not because of broken sensors, but my original set had worn down from the constant use (pounding in my bag - I play 150+ rounds a year). The spare set is in reserve, however, even since I installed the silicone/clear cushioning pad I have not encountered any wear. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

suggestions what is the best glue to use to reattach it to the grip (

Double sided tape like they recommend when you have a superstroke grip.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks for the suggestions. The double sided tape sounds like a good idea.

This is actually the second sensor I've had break. The first one happened when I went to unscrew it from a Garsen Ultimate grip and broke it off. I have no idea how todays happened. I was working on my sand game in the practice bunker, and noticed that the sensor itself was lying in the sand.

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

8 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

Thanks for the suggestions. The double sided tape sounds like a good idea.

This is actually the second sensor I've had break. The first one happened when I went to unscrew it from a Garsen Ultimate grip and broke it off. I have no idea how todays happened. I was working on my sand game in the practice bunker, and noticed that the sensor itself was lying in the sand.

I had 2 snap this year as well, with  no clear reason why.  If you haven't all ready, I would suggest contacting support about them.  In my case, they sent replacement sensors at no cost.

:srixon-small:      ZX7 Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:   3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small: C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- PW Ventus Red 6-R

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope:  V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:   OnCore Elixr

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Interesting - I've used the sensors for the past 3 years and none have snapped. One quick way to save it is to use either rubber cement or instant glue - both will adhere to your grip but it's a permanent fix so you won't be able to use it on another club. An alternative approach is to use one of the spare sensors but keep in mind that you'll have 2 sets of data for that club - one with the old sensor and one with the new one. 

EDIT:

I neglected to mention that I did order a spare set of sensors a couple of years ago, not because of broken sensors, but my original set had worn down from the constant use (pounding in my bag - I play 150+ rounds a year). The spare set is in reserve, however, even since I installed the silicone/clear cushioning pad I have not encountered any wear. 

You can move tags around, use alternates, etc., and the data is tied to the club, not the tag that is used. You only get two  (or more) sets of data when you create another club, say change from a Callaway SW to a Vokey, or even a completely different set of irons. Also, tags will last longer if you use self-stick furniture pads or glass table-top bumpers to protect them from wearing while rubbing on the bottom of the bag. For putters that have backweights, I used rubber cement glue dots and crisscross electrical tape over them. None of these, the furniture pads, table-top bumpers or tape, seems to negatively affect the tags from being sensed.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

8 hours ago, sellemental said:

I had 2 snap this year as well, with  no clear reason why.  If you haven't all ready, I would suggest contacting support about them.  In my case, they sent replacement sensors at no cost.

I'm going to contact support today!

It's been a while since I've posted here even though I try to keep up with the content. But I've just run into an anomaly that I can't figure out and I'm hoping one of you have a suggestion. I'm testing out the new Vokey SM10 wedges and just got to the point where I've put them into play yesterday. I added the GW, SW, and LW sensors to the 52, 56 & 60 wedges respectively, added the new club description to "My Bag", and played 9 holes yesterday. I edited and signed off on the round where I counted in the hole-by-hole function that I used the 56 degree SW a total of five times. But that club does not show up in most of the Performance stats. Not the Club Distances (either active or all clubs nor PA, Avg or Longest nor for any number of rounds) and not the Approaches stats. It does show up in the Short Game stats.  I know I'm probably having a brain freeze and the answer is staring me in the face, but does anyone have any thoughts on why it's not showing up everywhere?

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

Oh, oh. I just re-read back a couple of posts and see that @PhilM75072 and @tony@CIC have talked about two sets of data for each club. Does that mean the 2 most recent sets of data? Or is that two total?

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

27 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

I edited and signed off on the round where I counted in the hole-by-hole function that I used the 56 degree SW a total of five times. But that club does not show up in most of the Performance stats. Not the Club Distances (either active or all clubs nor PA, Avg or Longest nor for any number of rounds) and not the Approaches stats. It does show up in the Short Game stats.

My guess is that you didn’t hit the club more than 50 yards so it is only in the short game stats area.  Approaches are 50 yards plus.   Club distance data would be desired only for full swing shots.  

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My guess is that you didn’t hit the club more than 50 yards so it is only in the short game stats area.  Approaches are 50 yards plus.   Club distance data would be desired only for full swing shots.  

Ah, that makes complete sense! I don't think any of the shots were longer than 50 yards. Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, MIGregB said:

Oh, oh. I just re-read back a couple of posts and see that @PhilM75072 and @tony@CIC have talked about two sets of data for each club. Does that mean the 2 most recent sets of data? Or is that two total?

Over the years since starting to ue Shot Scope devices, I have used 8 different putters, Each shows up with its own color, though colors repeat after 5 of the same club. You can have as many sets of irons, as many drivers, etc., and provided you created them as different clubs in MyBag, and made them active for the round you are playing, the data collected will be unique to those clubs for club specific data. Following is a screen capture of all the extra putters in MyBag. Also, during this time, I have only used two sets of irons and another screen capture shows how the data for the 5i from each set, for example, is displayed.

image.png.08d06b87056c2bc0a9041e152941fa1d.png

image.png.5e8c87c88b674484d81c209c70ab7f56.png

52 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Over the years since starting to ue Shot Scope devices, I have used 8 different putters, Each shows up with its own color, though colors repeat after 5 of the same club. You can have as many sets of irons, as many drivers, etc., and provided you created them as different clubs in MyBag, and made them active for the round you are playing, the data collected will be unique to those clubs for club specific data. Following is a screen capture of all the extra putters in MyBag. Also, during this time, I have only used two sets of irons and another screen capture shows how the data for the 5i from each set, for example, is displayed.

image.png.08d06b87056c2bc0a9041e152941fa1d.png

image.png.5e8c87c88b674484d81c209c70ab7f56.png

I always thought any club data over time should show, but the couple of posts before my 1st one confused me a bit. Thank you for the clarification!

I must be the "lucky one" - First V5 the one of the buttons would not work very well.  Got a replacement in about a week.

Now my V5 has shutoff & will not power back on.  Played 9 holes yesterday, went into clubhouse while I waited for my buddies to arrive at course to play 9 with them.  Get to the first tee with them & watch is black.  OK that is weird, tried turning it back on, no dice.

Charged overnight so it should be fully charged.  Charged again last night and still will not fire up.

Question for anyone also using Connex tags. Have any of you been able to log a full 18 holes with zero tag issues? I have 20 rounds logged and zero have had all shots recorded correctly. It isn’t that I mind adding a shot or two after the fact but a normal 18 hole round I have to add like 8-9 strokes. Most are putts because the process for logging a putt is slow and delays play of others which is really annoying. Is this just “normal” for Connex users? So far I haven’t been real impressed with comments about the watch bands for the V5. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

On 6/27/2024 at 8:37 PM, Preeway said:

Question for anyone also using Connex tags. Have any of you been able to log a full 18 holes with zero tag issues? I have 20 rounds logged and zero have had all shots recorded correctly. It isn’t that I mind adding a shot or two after the fact but a normal 18 hole round I have to add like 8-9 strokes. Most are putts because the process for logging a putt is slow and delays play of others which is really annoying. Is this just “normal” for Connex users? So far I haven’t been real impressed with comments about the watch bands for the V5. 

In coming from Game Golf to Shot Scope, I tried Golf Pad in the interim, which uses the phone like Connex. I could never keep my phone in the NFC mode, always having to take it out of my pocket to re-enable it. It didn’t take long for the frustration to set in, so I started with Shot Scope's V3 and upgraded to the X5. I experienced the early issues, but after a couple of firmware updates and learning how to do a factory rest, my X5 works practically flawlessly.

The only issues I encounter have to do with putting, also. I use the Manual mode and sometimes when marking the location of a tap in it will register more than one putt (easy enough to delete in editing), or I tap too close to the Flag icon marking the hole and the last putt gets missed (again, easy enough to add during editing). I rarely have a missed shot unless I grip the club with the tag too far away to be recognized and/or don't take a practice swing. Maybe I am just one of the lucky ones when it comes to using the watches.

2 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

In coming from Game Golf to Shot Scope, I tried Golf Pad in the interim, which uses the phone like Connex. I could never keep my phone in the NFC mode, always having to take it out of my pocket to re-enable it. It didn’t take long for the frustration to set in, so I started with Shot Scope's V3 and upgraded to the X5. I experienced the early issues, but after a couple of firmware updates and learning how to do a factory rest, my X5 works practically flawlessly.

The only issues I encounter have to do with putting, also. I use the Manual mode and sometimes when marking the location of a tap in it will register more than one putt (easy enough to delete in editing), or I tap too close to the Flag icon marking the hole and the last putt gets missed (again, easy enough to add during editing). I rarely have a missed shot unless I grip the club with the tag too far away to be recognized and/or don't take a practice swing. Maybe I am just one of the lucky ones when it comes to using the watches.

I would add that virtually all of my missed shots are putts, mostly tap ins, as a result of not wanting to delay others while they are putting. On a rare occasion I’ll forget to set the pin but it’s not often enough to make me that frustrated. More curious as to how many putts are you typically having to add/correct after the round and if it’s similar to my experience with Connex. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

9 minutes ago, Preeway said:

More curious as to how many putts are you typically having to add/correct after the round and if it’s similar to my experience with Connex. 

Between additions and deletions, maybe three or so, if that. If I don't get "quick" at the hole marking those short tap-ins, then it is unusual I have to add or subtract any.

Edited by PhilM75072

2 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Between additions and deletions, maybe three or so, if that. If I don't get "quick" at the hole marking those short tap-ins, then it is unusual I have to add or subtract any.

Thanks for this. I really love the data but I’m just annoyed at the mechanics of logging clubs with my cell phone. 

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

More curious as to how many putts are you typically having to add/correct after the round and if it’s similar to my experience with Connex. 

I mostly move putts and pins.  Commercial GPS simply isn't that accurate and when I have tap ins where I walk up and tap the ball in, the GPS probably doesn't have time to completely update to the new location.   This IMO would be a problem with any shot tracking system.   

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I mostly move putts and pins.  Commercial GPS simply isn't that accurate and when I have tap ins where I walk up and tap the ball in, the GPS probably doesn't have time to completely update to the new location.   This IMO would be a problem with any shot tracking system.   

I would agree with that. I find myself skipping the putt and just marking the pin if it’s a simple tap in and adding the putt later. Might be overthinking it but also worried my strokes gained for putting could be thrown off if I’m not accurate enough on tagging the shorter putts. But maybe the inaccuracy isn’t enough to make a significant difference?

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

I would agree with that. I find myself skipping the putt and just marking the pin if it’s a simple tap in and adding the putt later. Might be overthinking it but also worried my strokes gained for putting could be thrown off if I’m not accurate enough on tagging the shorter putts. But maybe the inaccuracy isn’t enough to make a significant difference?

It will;  you would have to track the putt distances and make sure to set them correctly.  

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

I would have to say 99% of my edits, what there are of them, are this, moving either the pin or putt locations.