Impact.jpg

http://www.addicted2golf.net/wp-content/uploads/Impact-audio.wma

I was surprised at the amount of hand action at impact here. I really didn't even realize I was doing it. This is why video is indispensable in my opinion. Nothing could have illustrated this any better.

At the end, I was asking him why I would sometimes hook my 3-wood or driver even though the face is that open. He said it was just timing.

Luke Donald was my second guess.

Ding Ding Ding. Give that man a cigar. I thought you'd get that right away considering he's a local guy.

Ding Ding Ding. Give that man a cigar. I thought you'd get that right away considering he's a local guy.

It looked a little too beefy for Luke at first, so it was a coinflip. I'm a big Luke Donald fan, probably just because he plays Mizunos.

Overall, I came away with some good stuff to work on. The nice thing about GolfTec is they host the photos and video on their site and provide a login to access them. He added notes, which I've included below. There were also some video drills tied to the notes that he included as part of the lesson package that focused on proper setup and grip.

1. GRIP - left hand in the fingers.. pad on top ... left hand over more ... right hand under

2. POSTURE - legs straighter and bent over more from the waist.... weight more in the TOES of the feet... Peter Heydecker

Overall, I came away with some good stuff to work on. The nice thing about GolfTec is they host the photos and video on their site and provide a login to access them. He added notes, which I've included below. There were also some video drills tied to the notes that he included as part of the lesson package that focused on proper setup and grip.

This is something I didn't know, and I really like it. When I took lessons, I got hand written notes, and I always go back to them. Having good video of your swing with notes and tips could be just as good.

These are great Blaine. After going through it it sounds like you have some simple things to work on and overall the lesson was worth your time.

Had my second lesson after practicing and playing with the new setup and grip. This time the focus was my impact position. I'm not getting enough hip and body rotation to properly lag the club and lead at the impact position with my hands.

This is a contributing factor in my high, weak ball flight with my irons. I'm not compressing the ball at impact like I should be.

So, Peter worked with me on some impact bag drills to feel the right body position at different points in the swing. He also made sure I was doing a full wrist prick on the back swing. By the end of the lesson, I had improved my hip turn and shoulder tilt numbers dramatically. They are still not in the "good" range, but Peter was happy with my improvement.

A series of slow motion drills and practice was subscribed until the next lesson.

Had my second lesson after practicing and playing with the new setup and grip. This time the focus was my impact position. I'm not getting enough hip and body rotation to properly lag the club and lead at the impact position with my hands.

This is a contributing factor in my high, weak ball flight with my irons. I'm not compressing the ball at impact like I should be.

So, Peter worked with me on some impact bag drills to feel the right body position at different points in the swing. He also made sure I was doing a full wrist prick on the back swing. By the end of the lesson, I had improved my hip turn and shoulder tilt numbers dramatically. They are still not in the "good" range, but Peter was happy with my improvement.

A series of slow motion drills and practice was subscribed until the next lesson.

Can you explain "full wrist prick on the back swing"?

During your lesson, do they fit you with the sticks on your hips and chest to measure your turn? I've noticed that on others taking GolfTec lessons.

Can you explain "full wrist prick on the back swing"?

During your lesson, do they fit you with the sticks on your hips and chest to measure your turn? I've noticed that on others taking GolfTec lessons.

Uh, good catch on the "wrist prick". It seems every time I type "wrist ####", the MGS board system automatically changes it back to "wrist prick". So, let that be a lesson to you high handicaps out there. You can never have too much wrist prick... :rolleyes:

They don't have the sticks anymore, but they did hook me up to a harness that goes over the shoulders and then belts at the waist. You hardly know its there after a few swings except for the fact that there is a big cable coming out the back that sometimes gets caught up in your spikes.

Thanks for this write up. I'm planning to start taking lessons soon, and this is one of the options I'm considering. Do you like GolfTec more or less than other lessons you've taken in the past?

Great write up, I always ask for some notes and things I need to work on and practice after a lesson.

Uh, good catch on the "wrist prick". It seems every time I type "wrist ####", the MGS board system automatically changes it back to "wrist prick". So, let that be a lesson to you high handicaps out there. You can never have too much wrist prick... :lol:

They don't have the sticks anymore, but they did hook me up to a harness that goes over the shoulders and then belts at the waist. You hardly know its there after a few swings except for the fact that there is a big cable coming out the back that sometimes gets caught up in your spikes.

HAHAHAHA! That's awesome. C*ck should be exempt from the filter due to its relevance to the golf swing.

Thanks for this write up. I'm planning to start taking lessons soon, and this is one of the options I'm considering. Do you like GolfTec more or less than other lessons you've taken in the past?

Actually, these are the first lessons I've taken where I truly understand where the flaws are in my swing and I feel like I am armed with a way to correct them. So, yeah, I'd highly recommend them. The client portal is great. You have access to all your images, vids, notes, and drills all in one place. Very cool.

Great write up, I always ask for some notes and things I need to work on and practice after a lesson.

Thanks John, it took me a little longer than I anticipated to pull the content over to this site but if it helps some folks then it was worth it.

Very much so, we can only improve through trial and error and study!

Actually, these are the first lessons I've taken where I truly understand where the flaws are in my swing and I feel like I am armed with a way to correct them. So, yeah, I'd highly recommend them. The client portal is great. You have access to all your images, vids, notes, and drills all in one place. Very cool.

Any update on how you are doing?

I recently did the one hour eval for $79 (?$99), just to check it out. I just started playing last year, am a high-handicapper, and do have a regular pro (whom I love). I loved the great video capture, seeing the club angel at impact, and all the tech stuff. What didn't work (for me), is not seeing the ball flight, hitting off a "tee" (I still chunk it 3 times a round) and, most significantly two things bothered me. First, the swing we did most of my analysis on was an early one, and not very good. After warming up I am getting more inside out, and transferring my weight, on this swing, not-so-much. Second, the main tip for getting my set-up correct would only work when the sun is directly overhead, or I carried a lighting tripod around - thus, not useful. I MIGHT consider one of their (expensive) packages for the winter months, but, when I can get outside, I do!

I got a gift card for an initial evaluation plus three follow up lessons for Christmas from my Dad. I called this morning to schedule an appointment.

I'm just wondering what kind of expectations I should have going in and what to expect. Thanks in advance.

Afternoon,

Has anyone had any luck doing fittings, etc at Golftec? We have a fitting place up here called the Green Room that just bought the Golftec license for Canada. They are switching over and will be selling franchise locations. I digress. I know that a few staff memebers will be changing and they'll be altering some business practices to go with the new name. Thus any good experiences with them or am I going to have to do the insane thing and drive down to Seattle?

Afternoon,

Has anyone had any luck doing fittings, etc at Golftec? We have a fitting place up here called the Green Room that just bought the Golftec license for Canada. They are switching over and will be selling franchise locations. I digress. I know that a few staff memebers will be changing and they'll be altering some business practices to go with the new name. Thus any good experiences with them or am I going to have to do the insane thing and drive down to Seattle?

I've never been fitted by one (there aren't any in my area...) but I've emailed them a few times with questions, and they've always been prompt to respond, curteous and very knowledgable. They're Golf magazine's new fitting partner, the stuff they talk about in the magazine is interesting, as well. Based on my stunted experience with them, If I were you, I'd give them a chance.