Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Adams Speedline XTD Super Fairway and Hybrid?

MmmmmmBuddy

Our rep brought these by the shop yesterday, and we all had a chance to hit them. Wow. Great looking and very strong flight was my initial impression. I didn't get a chance to snap any pics, but the crown is a brushed silver, like the Fast 12, with the Velocity Slot, and it ships stock with a Fubuki AX shaft. The big story on these is the CT (characteristic time). CT is shorter with XTD vs other fairways and hybrids on the market today. Street price is expected to be $299.99 for Fairways and Hybrids. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Here is the presser.

Velocity Slot Technology + New Multi-Material Construction = Hottest Fairway Woods and Hybrids Ever

PLANO, TEXAS, January 17, 2012 – The latest innovation from Adams Golf (Nasdaq:ADGF) combines a new multi-material construction method with Velocity Slot Technology for unmatched ball speeds and distance gains never before seen in fairway woods and hybrids.

”The unconventional, spare no expense, approach we used in our Super XTD line will wow golfers with unmatched performance. We are extremely excited to give the most discerning golfers the best performing clubs with this lineup.” said Tim Reed, Vice President of R&D for Adams Golf.

Speedline Super XTD Fairway

The Speedline Super XTD Fairway features a titanium body fused with an ultra-thin formed titanium crown, and tungsten weights in the sole to lower the club's center of gravity. The extremely low CG combined with the addition of Velocity Slot Technology and the titanium face creates a fairway wood that is as hot as a driver. The high CT makes the XTD Fairway Wood 36% hotter than a traditional fairway wood resulting in exceptional distance. In addition to the increased ball speed, the Super XTD Fairway produces a higher launch while keeping the spin rate low.

Idea Super XTD Hybrid

The Idea Super XTD Hybrid uses a new multi-material brazed construction to combine a one piece titanium crown and face with a stainless steel sole. By using Velocity Slot Technology along with optimal materials and construction techniques engineers deliver the CT of a driver while simultaneously producing one of the lowest possible centers of gravity (CG). This fantastic combination increases ball speed, increases launch angle and reduces spin rates. Combining Second Generation Velocity Slot Technology and multi-material construction makes the Idea Super XTD Hybrid the most advanced and hottest hybrid on the market. In our testing, we have seen this hybrid deliver fantastic performance gains for virtually all player types.

Fubuki AX

Adams Golf is happy to announce that the XTD products will be offered with one of the most widely used shafts on professional tours worldwide. The Speedline Super XTD Fairway will be offered with the Fubuki AX Fairway 65 gram shaft. The Idea Super XTD Hybrid will come standard with the Fubuki AX Hybrid 70 gram shaft.

Models, Pricing and Availability

The Speedline Super XTD Fairway will be available for an MSRP of $349.99 and will ship from Adams Golf on March 1st. The Idea Super XTD Hybrid will be offered at an MSRP of $349.99 and will ship from Adams Golf on February 15th.

Available Models and lofts are as follows:

Speedline Super XTD FW: 3+ (13°), 3 (14.5°) and 5 (18°) in right-handed

3+ (13°), 3 (14.5°) and 5 (18°) in left-handed

Idea Super XTD Hybrid: 17°, 19° and 21° in right-handed

17°, 19° and 21° in left-handed

Thoughts???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

My thought was to quit reading after the $299 for a fw/hybrid! So now off the rack FW/Hybrids have entered the price realm of drivers and boutique putters. That can't be good.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

My thought was to quit reading after the $299 for a fw/hybrid! So now off the rack FW/Hybrids have entered the price realm of drivers and boutique putters. That can't be good.

It will be interesting to gauge consumer interest in ultra-premium fairway and hybrid offerings. I can remember when some of the guys came back from a trip to Chicago raving about the most amazing fairway wood that they had ever hit... It was from a smaller company, and would cost $400.... I said that we would NEVER sell even one..

This was in 2004, and the club line was Tour Edge Exotics. I was wrong.. Again.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I said the same thing about the ultra-premium prices on irons (Callaway Razr XF, for example), but I have sold many sets of them.

There's a market for everything: $100 shirts, $200 pants, and $300 fairway woods.

The game is this: sell 3 for $300, make huge margin. Sell 3 more at $250 with really good margin. Sell 5 at $200 for good margin. Then sell 25 at $150 for small margin. This is the game TM has been playing with the Burner line for years, and it seems to work pretty well. Same game every "good" apparel company plays.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Our rep brought these by the shop yesterday, and we all had a chance to hit them. Wow. Great looking and very strong flight was my initial impression. I didn't get a chance to snap any pics, but the crown is a brushed silver, like the Fast 12, with the Velocity Slot, and it ships stock with a Fubuki AX shaft. The big story on these is the CT (characteristic time). CT is shorter with XTD vs other fairways and hybrids on the market today. Street price is expected to be $299.99 for Fairways and Hybrids. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Here is the presser.

Velocity Slot Technology + New Multi-Material Construction = Hottest Fairway Woods and Hybrids Ever

PLANO, TEXAS, January 17, 2012 – The latest innovation from Adams Golf (Nasdaq:ADGF) combines a new multi-material construction method with Velocity Slot Technology for unmatched ball speeds and distance gains never before seen in fairway woods and hybrids.

”The unconventional, spare no expense, approach we used in our Super XTD line will wow golfers with unmatched performance. We are extremely excited to give the most discerning golfers the best performing clubs with this lineup.” said Tim Reed, Vice President of R&D for Adams Golf.

Speedline Super XTD Fairway

The Speedline Super XTD Fairway features a titanium body fused with an ultra-thin formed titanium crown, and tungsten weights in the sole to lower the club's center of gravity. The extremely low CG combined with the addition of Velocity Slot Technology and the titanium face creates a fairway wood that is as hot as a driver. The high CT makes the XTD Fairway Wood 36% hotter than a traditional fairway wood resulting in exceptional distance. In addition to the increased ball speed, the Super XTD Fairway produces a higher launch while keeping the spin rate low.

Idea Super XTD Hybrid

The Idea Super XTD Hybrid uses a new multi-material brazed construction to combine a one piece titanium crown and face with a stainless steel sole. By using Velocity Slot Technology along with optimal materials and construction techniques engineers deliver the CT of a driver while simultaneously producing one of the lowest possible centers of gravity (CG). This fantastic combination increases ball speed, increases launch angle and reduces spin rates. Combining Second Generation Velocity Slot Technology and multi-material construction makes the Idea Super XTD Hybrid the most advanced and hottest hybrid on the market. In our testing, we have seen this hybrid deliver fantastic performance gains for virtually all player types.

Fubuki AX

Adams Golf is happy to announce that the XTD products will be offered with one of the most widely used shafts on professional tours worldwide. The Speedline Super XTD Fairway will be offered with the Fubuki AX Fairway 65 gram shaft. The Idea Super XTD Hybrid will come standard with the Fubuki AX Hybrid 70 gram shaft.

Models, Pricing and Availability

The Speedline Super XTD Fairway will be available for an MSRP of $349.99 and will ship from Adams Golf on March 1st. The Idea Super XTD Hybrid will be offered at an MSRP of $349.99 and will ship from Adams Golf on February 15th.

Available Models and lofts are as follows:

Speedline Super XTD FW: 3+ (13°), 3 (14.5°) and 5 (18°) in right-handed

3+ (13°), 3 (14.5°) and 5 (18°) in left-handed

Idea Super XTD Hybrid: 17°, 19° and 21° in right-handed

17°, 19° and 21° in left-handed

Thoughts???

This will no doubt be a sweet fairway wood. It is however, complete marketing fluff and rubbish about the CT vs other metal woods on the market. USGA and R&A limited COR and CT long ago and I believe Wishon was the first to hit the .830 COR on a fairway wood back in 2004. Since then Exotics has come out with hi cor woods, as well as other Wishon models. I'm pretty sure there are other companies that have achieved this as well. Anyhow, it's still going to be a sweet club, but other than paint, I'm not sure how it's going to differ from the previous Speedline Metal woods with the velocity slot technology.

Archived