Advice on a new 3-wood

JMcCann13

On 4/27/2022 at 10:52 AM, Kansas King said:

If you're really in it for accuracy, you may want to try a 4 wood around 16*.

Totally agree with Kansas King and others and would take it a step further...5 wood or 7 wood. I swing a driver 104 mph and found I didn't like the launch conditions of a 3 or 4 wood and that a Sim Max 2 5 wood (18*) carries as far, on average, as my 4 wood and is more consistent. Unless you are playing in high high winds all the time, the launch conditions of a 5 wood or 7 wood are excellent. 

Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5* with Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45g "A" Flex shaft (Otto-phlex) - Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Hybrid -  New Level Gi22 5-7 iron - PTxPro 7-PW - Ping Eye2 BeCu Gap Wedge - Ping Glide 4.0 LW - LAB Golf DF 2.1 Putter

Titleist White Box 2023 Prototype Golf balls review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/53743-member-test-titleist-pro-v1pro-v1x-white-box/?do=findComment&comment=870550

On 4/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, GaDawg said:

I would only suggest that you go get properly fit if you want to change clubs. Everyone's swing is different and to properly get the best value, hit different brands and different shafts. Just because a shaft says stiff, regular, etc. you need to hit them using a monitor and get advice from a professional. I am 63 and just did this for a driver. It was a great learning experience and feel that I was properly fit.

GaDawg is right on the money here. Take it from a guy that has tried to "buy his game" in the past and always getting the latest greatest. Go find a reputable fitter and have him help you. It could be that all you need is a new shaft in your existing club or perhaps a different stick all together. Point is, they can help, and show you what you need to accomplish your goal. Don't get stuck on one brand or the other. It may be something completely different from what you expect. My bag has 5 different brands represented for example. All because that is what worked for me. Best of luck!

I am brand agnostic. If it is in my bag it is because it works for me...