The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!  
Easy morning, helped SWMBO with her cats.  No golf today going to outside gym shortly.

Got bad news last night, our daughter’s dog 15 years old has to be put down this morning with kidney disease.  She a really nice dog that grew up with my granddaughters who are understandingly upset.  Both Gkids are not home one at Providence College the oldest living in Bethesda and interning at National Institutes of Health and can’t go with their parents and pup.  
Pup was a riot whenever we FT with the family she joined right in and wanted us to talk to her.  She will be missed.

So sorry to read this. Pets are such an important part of the family. 🙏❤️‍🩹

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

We found a kite festival.

20240921_121034.jpg.62b772d780a1e166124c0030f351d92a.jpg

20240921_120137.jpg.211c4b36fcfd72a0d15b67c9dd63db71.jpg

20240921_120401.jpg.38e206fb6724f83c71bde51c962292a5.jpg

20240921_120421.jpg.08abdced7253bfa315d1319f87da9e04.jpg

Wow, that is one serious kite! The others are cool as well.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

So sorry to read this. Pets are such an important part of the family. 🙏❤️‍🩹

Thanks, yes they are.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 9/20/2024 at 4:28 AM, BIG STU said:

Technically with The Carolinas Golf Association they are not post able either since most vintage irons have not been "tested and approved" by the almighty USGA. When I got my AM status back I was told my Macgregor Irons had not been tested and approved so were not "legal" in their events much less my 588 Cleveland wedges. I am at the stage of my life that I do not need anyone telling me what I can or cannot play. So basically I said screw it and joined the league at my course where no one cares what someone plays. Same with The Society Of Hickory Golfers. You cannot play hickory clubs made after a certain date unless they are made by a certain guy who IMHO is benefitting off of the SOHG pocketbook wise.

About 10 years ago one of my friends on another site talked my running partner Little Bear (RIP) and I into playing a vintage event in Charleston SC. We went. Now I do have a nice reproduction Ironmaster with the green graphite/steel mix shaft like a Steel Fiber. Bear brought that up about it maybe not being legal. So I threw my 58 Armour in the trunk. You had a team and individual comp in that event. I showed the director my putter and he and the rules chairman said it was in the spirit of the rules that it was ok. After the first day Bear led the individual by 2 shots over me and we lead the team event by like 4 shots. That Sunday morning this blowhard started raising hell about my putter. Both directors said it was within the spirit of the rules. The rules stated no Anser style putters or modern style with inserts. I told the officials no problem I can beat these Turkeys with the 58 Armour and went to the car and got it. Then they guy started again about me using a claw style grip with my hands which at the time I had been doing a year or so. I finally had enough and we loaded up and left. We stopped on the way back at a course and played a vintage round in peace and had fun. The director had called me like 3 times wanting us to play. I called him that night and told him sorry we did not need that crap. What was funny there was no money involved just like vintage club prizes which were not collectable. About 6 months after that Little Bear passed and the guy from the other site passed about a year later. I have not heard of that bunch playing anywhere either.

At this stage of my life I play what I want to play and do not give 2 hoots what anyone else plays either. I could give 2 rips what the USGA has to say either. Or any "organization" for that matter including the CGA. If you or anyone else wants to play with me fine play what you want to. Like say you would call me and say you want to play vintage fine we will play vintage or Hickory I do not care. If you say you want to play modern I may still pack the vintage stuff if the mood hits me. For me these days it is all about the kicks and giggles factor being on the course and trying to hit a ball 

Miss ya on the other site, bunch of nuckle heads now, best mocokid 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, that is one serious kite! The others are cool as well.

They are insane!  Some of the "ground" kites were really cool. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

14 hours ago, Javs said:

We have been to the rest of Britain, Wales, Scotland and Ireland before. Had a great time in each. Scotland was a golfing trip! Do you still coach?

Glad you've done the rest of the British Isles before. So many people visit the UK but only go to London and maybe Edinburgh, but you only really see the country when you explore away from the capital cities- and there is SO MUCH to see in a relatively small island... certainly compared to the US.lol

I currently coach rec soccer and field hockey. I played field hockey from age 8-40 and coached and officiated from college onwards. Indiana is close to a field hockey void, but we found a little startup club for one child to play at and they roped me in to coach and officiate.

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

We were able to make it out to Geekster today and spend a little time browsing their selection of vintage collectables. 

1000010157.jpg.e3a36c0a0448b2732e236d141c44afc5.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time looking over old Transformers and G.I. Joe Toys reminiscing over the ones I had and regretting the fact I took them out and played with them. It was a lot of fun and brought back a lot of memories of growing up. 

The only thing I bought was a video game for the Switch called Octopath Traveler that I've heard is similar to some of the older Final Fantasy games and I got a good deal on it. A lot of times the used video game market is overpriced to the point you might as well buy them new. 

It was fun and we're planning on going again next year. 

I had a G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip. 😂

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

1 hour ago, Indy_Oz said:

Glad you've done the rest of the British Isles before. So many people visit the UK but only go to London and maybe Edinburgh, but you only really see the country when you explore away from the capital cities- and there is SO MUCH to see in a relatively small island... certainly compared to the US.lol

I currently coach rec soccer and field hockey. I played field hockey from age 8-40 and coached and officiated from college onwards. Indiana is close to a field hockey void, but we found a little startup club for one child to play at and they roped me in to coach and officiate.

Agree there is a lot to see. Especially all the history! That is a big age range!!

Play like a champion today!

9 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

@Javs My son and I visited Windsor Castle in 2016 as part of a day-long bus tour that also included Oxford University and Stonehenge. I must say you got pics from some places at the castle we didn't visit, perhaps because of time. It was an awesome day though. We got to go inside the ropes at Stonehenge, which most people don't get to do, but staff was watching us like a hawk to make sure we didn't touch any of the stones. But we were real close... (Yes I'm the short one. I had bought that hoodie two hours before in Oxford and was glad I did; it was COLD out on that plain in April. Son was just fine in his T-shirt.)

stonehenge.jpg

We spent a lot of time at Windsor. Great photo from Stonehenge! 

11 hours ago, William P said:

Good Saturday morning Spies!

Yesterday was a long craft show setup one! Started at 4am with GC duties and ended at 8pm when finished getting the CEO's craft show setup completed, and all the stuff to get her ready and there in-between... I think I am approaching the "I'm too old for this S**% point... And this morning is getting ready to go help make sure it is all perfect before the show starts... Oh well enough of me.

@Javs more great pics and safe travels today as you journey home!

@Rob Person have a great trip and enjoy the time with your boss!

@Northern Monkey safe travels.

@ILMgolfnut hope you are not too sore and feeling a little better today.

@sirchunksalot hope your wife is feeling better today Jason.

I'm getting side eye from the boss, so I better get finish getting ready to go.

Everyone have a great day!

Thank you and I’m home safe! 

13 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Thanks for the best wishes from everyone. My hip is a tiny bit sore where I landed, but no bruising, no trouble walking. Wish my shoulder felt as good as my hip. I was lucky. Learned a lesson the hard way.

Really glad you were not seriously hurt

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

10 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Sounds like my shoulder. 2 surgeries and stem cells injected into the rotator to make the ends of the supraspinata tendon, that has torn completely off after being repaired in 2007, heal and bring the pain/inflammation down . Then the bicycle crash and rebuild...

The only way I can play now is to clamp my right arm to my chest, use a super strong grip and use elbow and my wrists for snap. I cannot turn my hands and arm over to finish the swing. Well I can, but after three shots with a driver it is time to go home, find a dark place and whimper like a lonely puppy for the rest of the day.

I also use a rypstick, Lagshot driver, and orange whip for strength and speed training. I am sure you have found out there is a fine line between proper training and over trained pain. 

Oh trust me I know too well the difference between proper training and over trained pain. After my accident I was in therapy and ended up not being properly supervised which is a story within itself. I also being WFO trained too hard trying to do speed training with a Skilz Ball trainer and an older speed stick. I had 2 setbacks in my recovery due to a combination of both. Yeah I am like Phil Mickelson on that "I am so stupid". Finally my brain kicked in and I realized due to my injury along with age I could never play like I used to or hit it as far. I used my brain for once and completely rebuilt my swing and now with reduced distance to plot my way around the course. I am still in the stages of getting used to a new way of doing things

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!  
Easy morning, helped SWMBO with her cats.  No golf today going to outside gym shortly.

Got bad news last night, our daughter’s dog 15 years old has to be put down this morning with kidney disease.  She a really nice dog that grew up with my granddaughters who are understandingly upset.  Both Gkids are not home one at Providence College the oldest living in Bethesda and interning at National Institutes of Health and can’t go with their parents and pup.  
Pup was a riot whenever we FT with the family she joined right in and wanted us to talk to her.  She will be missed.

Sorry to hear your family lost a furry member. They definitely work their way into our hearts. 

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

4 hours ago, YGOLFY said:

Miss ya on the other site, bunch of nuckle heads now, best mocokid 

Glad to hear from you old buddy. Yeah I bailed out of there for good. i was here long before I was there. Even though we do not have a classics forum here yet we have some that play classic golf some. Here in any thread if you mention playing classic golf no one gets bent out of shape and no one hollers "off topic". Read some of my posts in this section or any here and you will see. Stick around here you will like it

G

Really had a great day today. The wife and I played the Little Par3. I played my Hickory set up with my usual wound Dunlop Maxfli Elite ball. I was looking and that old Dunlop was getting beat up some. I have played it for a year on that course. No real trouble on that course to lose a ball. Does not matter I have 11 more. Since that little course is like 300 yards off the ocean we get ocean wind. It is fun for me hitting a wound ball with Hickory Shafted clubs in the wind.

We decided to head back to the South end to eat since the Shriners are in town and having a big parade and such. We decided to do the Chinese Buffet and Hibachi in Surfside. Came home and got the Hickory stuff and her stuff out and loaded the classics into the car for my Sunday morning round. I ended up watching golf on TV and took a nap. LOL just got up and I am fixing to go back to bed since we have a 7AM tee time in the morning

G

3 hours ago, Javs said:

Thank you and I’m home safe! 

Welcome home! Hope the back is doing better and you get the opportunity to try out the new PXG's soon!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

14 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

@Javs My son and I visited Windsor Castle in 2016 as part of a day-long bus tour that also included Oxford University and Stonehenge. I must say you got pics from some places at the castle we didn't visit, perhaps because of time. It was an awesome day though. We got to go inside the ropes at Stonehenge, which most people don't get to do, but staff was watching us like a hawk to make sure we didn't touch any of the stones. But we were real close... (Yes I'm the short one. I had bought that hoodie two hours before in Oxford and was glad I did; it was COLD out on that plain in April. Son was just fine in his T-shirt.)

stonehenge.jpg

They built a replica of Stonehenge in WA, along the Columbia. All I could think is they need to get a life. The original is interesting.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.