Replacing my stand bag — suggestions please

Hacker60521

Hello hive mind.

As the season winds down I’m thinking about replacing my current bag - a fairly old Ping Hoofer. The bag is in great shape, but the dividers don’t go all the way to the bottom of the bag so getting clubs in / out can be annoying. So my biggest “must have” is that the bag has dividers that go all the way to the bottom of the bag to reduce clubs from getting caught on each other.  I’m fascinated by how this website and others rave about the hoofer, but when you go to the Ping site people have the same complaint about clubs getting caught up because of the dividers. Folks have suggested the Sun Mountain 2.5 or 3.5 but would really like to hear what others think as well. Thanks in advance.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

Really depends on what you are looking for in the bag other than the full dividers.  I like the OGIO Woode 8 but it is a hybrid.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

27 minutes ago, jdparker said:

Really depends on what you are looking for in the bag other than the full dividers.  I like the OGIO Woode 8 but it is a hybrid.  

Thanks. I walk / carry more than half the time so really looking for a stand bag that can also survive being on a cart. But definitely on the lighter side. 

14 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

Thanks. I walk / carry more than half the time so really looking for a stand bag that can also survive being on a cart. But definitely on the lighter side. 

I have seen alot on here with folks liking the sun mountains so hopefully one of them will chime in shortly.

27 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

I have a Titleist Hybrid 14 that I've been using for about a year now.  I walk when I play solo, but often ride when I have a guest or my FIL with me.  Survives the cart well, has a strap tunnel, and while not the lightest thing in the world, I find it's well-balanced with both straps on, and I don't have an issue walking with all 14 (occasionally 15) clubs.

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft

I ordered one of these last week and hopefully will be coming in soon....

image.png.8ba9eff157d9a732c1e6fd3bb4a5d8f0.png

My reasoning for this is (1) seems to be well constructed (2) has minimal LOGOS/branding on it (3) Is still fairly lightweight for carrying (4) has a wider opening than my current bag which was causing me club tangle and issues fitting my LAB DF 2.1 in it. I will put up a review of it when I get it and update it as I go along. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
HackMotion Official Review -- 

2 hours ago, Hacker60521 said:

Hello hive mind.

As the season winds down I’m thinking about replacing my current bag - a fairly old Ping Hoofer. The bag is in great shape, but the dividers don’t go all the way to the bottom of the bag so getting clubs in / out can be annoying. So my biggest “must have” is that the bag has dividers that go all the way to the bottom of the bag to reduce clubs from getting caught on each other.  I’m fascinated by how this website and others rave about the hoofer, but when you go to the Ping site people have the same complaint about clubs getting caught up because of the dividers. Folks have suggested the Sun Mountain 2.5 or 3.5 but would really like to hear what others think as well. Thanks in advance.

@sirchunksalot & @CFreddie, I know you guys went with the UL Pro stand bags during the Cobra challenge. Any feedback on those for @Hacker60521? I can say that I love my UL Pro cart bag, and with the stand version being on sale for $156.99, I think it would be a tough one to beat.

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

I ordered one of these last week and hopefully will be coming in soon....

image.png.8ba9eff157d9a732c1e6fd3bb4a5d8f0.png

My reasoning for this is (1) seems to be well constructed (2) has minimal LOGOS/branding on it (3) Is still fairly lightweight for carrying (4) has a wider opening than my current bag which was causing me club tangle and issues fitting my LAB DF 2.1 in it. I will put up a review of it when I get it and update it as I go along. 

What brand is this?

24 minutes ago, zengineer said:

It's a little awesome too. I have the 14 way in black.9813485f1d8c8cc25e4b2aa0f27f0fee.jpg5a05e41a2ab6a42bc9f197b2bc7f5ba9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That's a sharp looking bag!