Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How Did You Discover MyGolfSpy?

GolfSpy_APH

I was looking for equipment reviews in the summer of 2020 as I made plans to play more than I was able to do so in the prior few years.

Saw the honest reviews by those chosen for testing, etc., and started to get involved and interact with some of the other members of the community and i have been around since.

Everyone here seems to help or provide assistance when they are able, and some more personal level bonds have been created.

Best golf forum and membership that I have found. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

I was looking to buy a push cart to replace my pull behind that was causing back issues with the off-center pull induced twist on my spine and straining one hip more than the other that switching which hand was pulling was only aggravating the discomfort.  I wanted to buy one push cart that would last intending a significant investment so Google searched (golf push cart review) and this was the first thing that popped up

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-bag-carts/best-push-carts-of-2018/

Harry Nodwell was knowledgeable and responded well to those who commented on the HQ article but it was Sam @chisag's comment that struck a chord regarding the sense a push cart makes quoting a chiropractor he knows/knew.  It prompted me to look at the forum and I created a profile and jumped in, tentatively at first testing the waters and then later taking a deep Yellow Ball dive into the swim having found like minded golf obsessed kind hearted people like me who respond well to my kind of humor.

Just like my reviews, I write a lot so if you want to skip to the end, this is a good place to jump ahead - or keep reading especially if you would be a first time tester for MGS Forum 😃📝

The opportunity to test equipment that I can keep I realised is a double edged sword.  Because (1) the equipment is top notch and provided at no cost to the tester, and (2) the testing requires a well  written account and the best include photos/short video clips to enhance the review for better understanding of the reader. 

The selection as a tester comes with expectations, that each tester will:

• take time in the preparation for, and determination of how to conduct the testing,
  • capture the testing in progress with notes, photos and short video clips,
  • writing about ongoing test results which takes time throughout the allotted testing period,
  • compiling everything that accumulated throughout the test with real editing done better than was ever done for high school English class,
  • and committing the final product for publishing.

What it all means is the equipment received in good faith when the testing and results are published is well earned when everything is done right.

The more I test the more critical I am of how I approach the offer to be a tester for opportunities that are posted.  I believe my approach is being refined to produce a better review, but it is the belief that I can do better next time that keeps me watching for the testing opportunity that I can create something worthy of the attention of my fellow golf enthusiasts who might be looking for a best investment on hard earned money to enjoy the equipment from purchase to onward through the years.

Hope these tips help, and be sure to read How To Become A Tester thread for things like have a photo (of anything) in your profile and post often in the Forum threads ⛳

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

This is becoming one of my favorite threads to read. Just to see all the different ways and methods people have found the forum and mygolfspy to all be here. 

Thanks for all of the responses so far! Looking forward to a lot more!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I don’t actually recall exactly how I encountered this site , but think it was about the ball testing and immediately became hooked on their processes compared to the usual Golf Mag and Golf Digest ( which I never review any longer ) the information here is much more relevant and more current than any other . The forums are great for interacting with other addicts ( golf , golf , and golf ) , I know of no other site that offers what this one does 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

After getting pretty serious about golf in 2021, I started watching YT videos, and then saw the first MrShortGame video on the less expensive Autoflex shaft.  That intrigued me, and some internet research led me to the Otto-Phlex thread here.  I read all 8 volumes of that thread in one weekend, and found great information, a supportive and sharing culture, and what seemed like genuine people.  

I was hooked and have never left, and intend to never leave. 

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

For me it was an attempt to prove that a Srixon Commercial about golf balls was BS.  You might remember how they had commercials claiming that tour level balls were not for regular golfers.  Their argument was that since they curved more, tour balls led to more drives in the rough and hazards rather than the fairway  It was a direct attack against Titleist of course and simply not true - if you made a ball that spun less off the driver and more around the green it was not going to be less accurate and the difference in spin between a tour level ball and non-tour level one off driver was not enough to make that much difference.

A couple of friends from a small forum that I was a part of made up of the former PGA Partners group (I forget exactly what we called it but all of us were a part of that group when it became defunct.) two of those guys, Rookie Blue and Dogpro were members here.  Rookie suggested that I check this site out.  

I had my answer pretty quickly once I came here.  It was in fact BS - I also found a lot of other content that I really liked.  Then MGS ran its tour staff contest where entrants pumped MGS on facebook - the one who had the most likes for the contest won a full set of clubs made up of MGS most wanted stuff - there was a first and second prize - I finished 2nd - the haul was ridiculous - I still have the SCOR wedges in my bag - every time I try to replace them - they end up back in.  BTW I came before there were testing opportunities and I stayed - it was six months in that the contest started, I think.  

I will confess that I continue to have a bias against Srizon balls and Peter Jacobsen to this day - they never responded to my questions about those commercials.  Interestingly enough I had a question about a set of irons that I bought from them this past summer.  They did respond but the answer was not helpful in the least.  I'm still up in the air about the irons - I love their look and turf interaction, they feel too light though - I will deal with that with my fitter at some point.

BTW I see Mr. 72 here - he's another of those former PGA Partner guys - I'm putting in good word for him if ever, whenever he applies for a test.  He's a knowledgeable guy who will take that responsibility seriously.  He also won't pull any punches in his review.  

Edited by revkev

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 1 month later...

For me this ones kind of hard to think about but il give it a go.

Found MGS while i was scrolling for reviews on drivers. Thats the easy way to put it but last year i was riding high just getting married and training for my dream job that i had been at for 8 weeks before my life was COMPLETELY flipped. I was hospitalized and diagnosed with a pretty rare disease. I spent a while in the hospital before months at a top rehab center in MA and then months in outside rehab. I was alone in my rehab and just in my own pitty party. I was watching golf youtube to pass my time between mental breakdowns and one day whole in physical therapy they asked me what was one thing id usually be doing right now if all this had not had gone down and I mentioned how I had gotten really into golf about a year prior. So they basically started letting me try to hit a golf club and even though i had a minor breakdown cause i couldnt even hit the ball, it started a fire in me and to look at clubs and next thing i know i was deep in here and loved finding like minded people to discuss this game we love.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse.