Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

I'm just a regular person who can get out  when weather and work permits if I can see a difference in my game good or bad I can give the majority of people an honest opinion. I currently have  a Taylor made  driver and 3 wood and  Callaway irons which I'm  looking to upgrade. If it works for me it can work for you 

Now that so many have told us why they should be a tester, did you know that there is a full guide on how to essentially guarantee a selection this season? It doesn't take much and we only ask for some basic things to help us not only get to know you a little better, but also have further trust that our community will get the best review possible! 

Here you go!

You can thank me later!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Now that so many have told us why they should be a tester, did you know that there is a full guide on how to essentially guarantee a selection this season? It doesn't take much and we only ask for some basic things to help us not only get to know you a little better, but also have further trust that our community will get the best review possible! 

Here you go!

You can thank me later!

The guide is awesome, lots of good information…and this year has been amazing with the test opportunities so far.

Hint…no profile picture = no test

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

My main motivation for testing is that I love writing (used to be a music journalist) and I love sharing my experiences of products that work for me and might be helpful for others (I have become a total ExPutt fanboy in the past two months!). I can hopefully inject some humor, along with some data (using Arccos and my own massive spreadsheet of golf stats).

A few of my past longer posts:

And then some pretty golf course shots because reasons:

IMG_1715.jpg.a658bac757f458f58521b16c31986ec2.jpg

IMG_1641(1).jpg.2453c1ae1405a3bfce483d0edc6af553.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

Well for me my superpower  would undoubtedly be that I have 2 sets of eyes when it comes to on course and at home testing. My assistant (see picture) is always ready for some advice on my game and especially any product that I may have with me. Durability testing is definitely his strong suit.

IMG_3151.jpeg

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

I think I would be a great tester for MSG for three main reasons. 

1. I am an absolute gear head.  I love everything that is golf related. Clubs, balls, shows, electronics, bags, carts.  You name it, I love learning about it.  I am interested in the material something is made out of, the manufacturing process, as well as researching the marketing claims vs. actual performance.  I have started building my own clubs years ago so I could experiment with different shafts, grips, swing weights etc.  
  2. I live in SoCal near a dozen courses so I have access to courses and ranges mostly year round.  
  3. I just really really love golf and would represent the "average" golfer well.  The opportunity to share some of my experiences with others would be amazing. 

IMG_9215.jpeg.a7f03c71b70f25333e8873e13569763f.jpeg

IMG_8093.jpeg.9e91b795d3fda449ab607e78af36aca4.jpeg

IMG_1064.jpeg.3711137b2f9bdf03a601dd40416ce519.jpeg

IMG_9076.jpeg.5b771eafad4239bf7037c1efd3d07a9a.jpeg

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Good afternoon. My testing skills go back to my background in Aerospace Engineering where running tests varying from material strength to on aircraft data collection are part of my day-to-day life. Thorough documentation and reporting are already familiar to me and I even cross that over into my golf passion. While I've used apps like The Grint and Arccos for collection and tracking data. I still add my own flavor of excel tracking to blend so I can see what I need to work on or even when comparing new equipment (new PXG sticks this past December to replace some 2009/2010 Taylormade stuff)

While I'm new here to the community, I'm working my way into expanding my golf passion beyond just me and the rounds I play.

Looking forward to the experience here at MGS

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: PXG 0311BlackOps

Wood: PXG 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: PXG Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: PXG Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

Arccos User

Being a good tester come down to art and science. Science is testing the product and comparing it plain and simple. Art is social media and posting. A good combination of the two provide for the best testing! Golf is a complicated business with numerous options for balls, shafts, heads, etc. Knowing what you are talking about is imperative. I think I have been picked before because I have the knowledge (Golf degree & certifications) and I can follow directions 🙂

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 7:02 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Oh my friend you are in for a shocker. Golf is a beautifully frustrating sport that will nearly always leave you shaking your head, while also providing highs unlike any other.

It's a journey!

And it is so beautifully frustrating that you are about to quit playing that day and then you hit the most beautiful shot, and those moments are the ones that makes you come back the next day. lol

4 minutes ago, Luisddavila said:

And it is so beautifully frustrating that you are about to quit playing that day and then you hit the most beautiful shot, and those moments are the ones that makes you come back the next day. lol

Not just come back, but contemplate quitting your day job and put all of your focus and families well being into you going pro. Just to get to the green and 3 putt and come tumbling back down to earth to remember you are just not that guy.... So you settle with being average or a little better then average....  

Samuel Hanvey 

I would love the opportunity to be a tester.

I'm always looking at reviews and new gear.  Almost exclusively here.  I've bought 2 drivers, a fairway wood, and 2 putters off reviews (most wanted) here.

Now just a little about how my brain works.  In the early 2000's poker was huge on TV.  I didn't know anything about poker tbh, but decided I wanted to be good at poker.  So every day I did reading about strategies, etc..  Would read about 40 min a day, and play everyday to keep my skills sharp.  Went from playing $5 entries to $200 entries every night.  In 2007 I was ranked 300th on Official Poker Rankings with an 89% ROI, and was rated higher than 99.99% of the poker players ranked.   Fyi I only played tournaments, zero cash games.

Then around 2010 I started to golf more with friends and was invited to men's night at my local course.  I never thought myself as good enough to attend, which I didn't.  At this point I would golf maybe 20 rounds a year and broke 100 maybe once or twice.

This was when I decided I wanted to be good at golf! Haha if only I knew what was ahead.  

In my mind being good was breaking 100 most of the time.  Once I did that I was hooked, and on the journey to break 90, and get rid of my 120 yard slice.

I upgraded my equipment, and took a few lessons at Golftown.  With the slice down to a solid 60 yards now I was able to learn to play smart golf, and eventually broke 90.  From this point, I probably tried every training aid known to man, with some helping immensely, and others well... didn't.

With the help of training aids, reading everything available (Pelz/Rotella/Parent, etc.) I started lessons at a course an hour away (didn't like my local pro after one lesson).  He helped so much with my short game breaking 80 was only a matter of time.  Unfortunately he retired after 2 summers.

So we are around 2019 now, and I'm an addict.  Purchased a skytrak, then upgrading to a GC2. I brought my game indoors for the long Saskatchewan winter and discovered the Simulator Golf Tour, where I joined clans, played Ryder cup events, really expanded my game and competitiveness. I also started taking lessons from Shane Warren the pro on SGT.  He cured my slice and now I hit a draw (most of the time, haha).

That year I won my flight at the Northern.  A match play tournament at my local city course.  And I ended up winning my Club Championship 2 years in a row at my small town course. Can't believe I was scared to go to men's night at one point in time...  Now I run Men's night lol.

This past year I worked my handicap down to as low as 4.  With help from my Coach Shane, I've gotten my ballspeed to go from 140's to low 150's, to last year my top was 174bs.  Not bad for a 49 year old.  The last two years I've shot par on my home course, then broke par.  And shot under par on 2 other courses.  Something that would've been impossible just a few years earlier.

As for testing, I'm a total golf junkie so believe me it would get the full test.  In the winter I play on my sim for sure every second day (most streamed live to youtube).  In the summer I will golf everyday after work 9 holes, then on weekends I'll golf 36 per day minimum, some days 45 or 56 holes no problem.  I try go the the range before starting a round, and the putting green if time.  I also buy a range pass from the city course nearest where I work and hit the range everyday at lunch.  When I don't go to the range I will go to their beautiful practice area for short game practice.  So able to test something everyday potentially.  I really have to be completely exhausted to take a day off.

So the funny thing about my journey is it isn't over yet, as being a 4-5 hcp in my mind I can do better.  I know from my winter sim playing that most likely this will be my best year ever.  Even my buddy whom I golf with all the time said to me recently "You are way better now than you used to be".  So my confidence is high, I play often.  Therefore I believe I would be an excellent tester for MGS!  And would love the opportunity if given.

Thanks,

LT (Shifty)

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

1 hour ago, Samuel09152 said:

Not just come back, but contemplate quitting your day job and put all of your focus and families well being into you going pro. Just to get to the green and 3 putt and come tumbling back down to earth to remember you are just not that guy.... So you settle with being average or a little better then average....  

Facts!

Dropping some of my pics here just to show off for now. I usually don't take too many pictures during my rounds of golf (if any), but those that I do take turned out nicely so far 😉.

And that's my kid there caddying for me (cause he wanted to 🤣).

EDIT: forgot to add: this is Switzerland, Otelfingen golf court (near Zurich).

IMG_20231030_075345-resized.jpg

IMG_20231103_160429-resized.jpg

IMG_20231103_161147-resized.jpg

IMG_20231020_180119-resized.jpg

IMG_20230710_132332_resized.jpg

IMG_20230919_175731-resized.jpg

IMG_20231020_175810-resized.jpg

Edited by ToastedSoul

---

Be sure to read this first - https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/

But what would make you a good MyGolfSpy Forum Tester? How can you help inform the rest of the community and help inform our membership to make better purchasing decisions?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I know it sounds weird but I’m not a loyal golf brand buyer. I am analytical by nature and like to try and retry anything that will help both my scores and my overall enjoyment of the game. I respect the vendors who are willing to put their products out there for review to put their money where their mouth is.

I also play over all over the country (because I travel for work) so I get to play in different environments. I live in Denver so I get the thin air outlook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizuno fan

• 2 weeks later...

Check this link out first and foremost, but what makes you the perfect tester for the MyGolfSpy Forum?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Well I am a mid to low handicapper and I while I think getting the advice of better golfers is a good thing I really value the advice of golfers of a similar skill level. I have been around the game most of my life and as multisport coach I really enjoy helping others. Lets be honest who doesn't liked getting picked for something too. 

Shane Lawton

I've played on and off for 45 years.

Slipped 2 discs in 2010 and didn't play for 7 years, just started to start improving again after a change of swing with lots of ups and downs. If I don't get on the course at least 2 or 3 times a week I do tend to sulk a bit.

My golfing mates constantly tell me my handicap is too high, and I'm always telling them that consistency will be the last thing to come back after the injury.

I can hit a fair distance off the tee for my age, even after a back injury, play in all weather, and would enjoy giving feedback to the club golfers on what advances and advantages golf clubs would give to us, and not just what the spec. and tech says they will.

Ping 425 LS 9' Driver Mizuno JPX921 forged irons Mizuno T22 50' 54' 58' wedges and Ping putter

I am a golf equipment geek who is also a senior golfer living in Australia where the conditions and courses are different to the Northern Hemisphere. I believe it would be good to get data from someone down under. 

Left handed 

In all honestly, I'm a pretty mediocre to average player depending how often i can get out there. Between military commitment, 2 little ones at home (2.5yo and 6mo), and weather, I can usually get out on the course every other week to at least once a month. Walking 9 helps to keep costs and time down, which helps me get out there more often. Playing on 2018 era clubs, I'm interested to see just how much the technological advances in 6 years can do for the average player, with a slightly slower swing speed to keep the missed shots under control. 

image.png.695997e0ab2d273d1e9a6d9a59693008.pngWhat's In The Bag:

Bag:  image.png.2ec6ba172a80fb70c3708a3565225509.png 2019 Fusion 14 Stand Bag                                                            Push Cart Mafia: image.png.b59a1c1a2ab63e23e9cfc08d20037566.png 3-Wheel Golf Cart

Driver: image.png.c69fcd36742a959ebcefd6b193dfe9d7.png Rogue Draw 2018, w/ Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 Stiff               Wood: image.png.4bd79af128a2fd5e2627a0ebf39a9407.png Rogue 2018 3 Wood, w/ Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 Stiff

Hybrid: image.png.d99fef9be797b93aaa3ffa0c7d2553ed.png Rogue 2018 4 Hybrid, w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 75 Stiff        Irons: 4-PW, AW image.png.79b607903de2cce2fc91afb095f7d402.png Rogue Pro Irons, w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Stiff

Wedges: Bombtech 56*, image.png.6bd1330c167d3701de09916004f72f92.png Mack Daddy 3 60*                                            Putter:  image.png.5a43fcf6c6d0f6b43357ce870ae1e69a.png Triple Track Ten, Incoming: image.png.6f232d68128a0864f020965748b290ba.png DF3, Green 66*/35

Balls: Kirkland V3 Yellows                                                                           Tech: Garmin Approach S70

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What makes myself a great tester?

1. Time: I am a teacher and in my summers off I work at a golf course part time. I put a lot of hours into golfing in the summer.

2. Commitment: I value commitment. If I say I am going to do something, I do it!

3. Math: I am all about number and data being a math teacher.

4. Writing: I can definitely give detailed reviews on new products as I am use to writing through my college experience. I just finished up my masters in educational administration. 

Driver: cobra radspeed

irons: cobra forged tech

wedges: mizuno

putter: odyssey white hot

handicap: 9.1

Being only 2 years into my golf journey I would make a great tester. I have the view of a beginner golfer who loves the game and does it on a budget. If I can make it work for me then it would work for anyone. I would love my journey to include giving reviews from your average beginner. 

Father of a dancer

Being only 2 years into my golf journey I would make a great tester. I have the view of a beginner golfer who loves the game and does it on a budget. If I can make it work for me then it would work for anyone. I would love my journey to include giving reviews from your average beginner. 

Father of a dancer

Simply put, I am 'Mr Ordinary' or, if you wish to be more forgiving, very typical of golfers playing just now.

Am recently retired and returned to golf after a 20 years lay off.  In that time changes have been phenomenal ........vast improvement in clubs and balls.....but the biggest change has been the introduction of, and reliance on, GPS devices.  No longer are course designers able to introduce illusions of distance/proximity of greens or hazards.  

I now have the time to play and am interested in playing more and improving, in part by use of the new kit and technology.  In a former life played off 17 but now, with age and loss of what little suppleness I had, play off 17 or 18 (21 or 22 being a more realistic reflection of my talents but occasional good round flatters to deceive)

Playing Golf in the UK, all weather and ground conditions have to be accepted and enjoyed.......as they say, there is worse going on in the world and a bad day on the course is far better than a good day at work or doing chores around the house.

For 35 years was a veterinary Orthopaedic Surgeon, so have an appreciation of our anatomy/physiology and an abhorrence of advice or opinion given not backed by rigorously obtained/applied data and appropriate research.......though am quick to buy the next fad as a quick cure to my limited golfing talents!  I am a strong believer that the future 'roll back' in balls will have almost zero affect on the vast majority of players and that we will be able to continue enjoying our golf with little interruption.  Indeed, for the professionals, further measures will almost certainly need to be required to make current courses still playable/a challenge to the true athletes that play our game.  

Callaway Paradym D, 3w, HW, 5i-52*, Vokey SM9 56 and 60*

I’ve had the opportunity to test a couple times and it’s definitely a commitment. I live golf, and consider myself a gear junkie. Only throw my hat in the ring if I feel I can make an actual contribution.  I think a lot of people look at it for free stuff, which I totally get, but once your picked there’s definitely pressure to put out. 

I think I should be chosen as a tester because as a cack handed (cross grip) player I may have a different take on something. I play a few different courses, each with different challenges and course conditions here in South Africa. Planning to play golf inside the Kruger National Park with wildlife literally roaming around during a game. I also have a Fligthscope mevo to track data points and I am currently using the Garmin S62 watch. Attached you will find a video of my swing using a driver on the range. 

I hope you will consider me as a tester, because I'm really looking forward to become part of the testers team.

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: Marathon (depending on course and weather)

Shoes : :footjoy-small: Fuel 

I have been using a Garmin Approach S62 for 3 years now.  It is very good at showing essential information.  But, combined with the club tags, this product should provide me with much more information on the course as well as feedback when drinking a cold one later.

IMG_2903.jpeg

Ranny