Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

I for one am glad to see the discussion on driver shaft length, as someone else who just discovered the pros play a significantly shorter average length than the retail clubs in the store. I’d like to ask a fitter about this next time. Though they may not commonly have different shaft length options.

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

As these things tend to do, I received an update on the shipping of the replacement head just now, after I gave my update. The tracking now shows the head being delivered on Friday 3/29. So a day earlier than the original estimate, which admittedly is better than a day later. So I’ll take it.

That’s at least some good news, hopefully the weather will hold for you so you can get back out there with the Qi10.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Did a range session on Monday with my new Qi10. My wife went with me, and I wasn't super diligent about tagging the trackman results to the comparison between my current Cobra LTDx and the Qi10 so I take a screenshot the recorded shots. I will try to do that next week and provide the true data points. I will say the speed across the face though compared to the Cobra is much more consisent. My toe misses are only losing 5-10 yards carry, and dispersion was much tighter with the Qi10. The Cobra on the center of the face might be a bit faster, but on the mishits, I'm losing 20-30 yards in carry. 

Not sure I'm sold on the Kai'li White shaft, but that remains an unknown.

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

With a notification that the replacement head will be delivered today and temps reaching the upper 60’s, I will be heading to the range. Also of note, this arrived earlier in the week:IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

I went with same grip setup as the stock shaft. A golf pride z grip standard with three wraps under the left hand, one wrap under the right

IMG_2778.jpeg

It is my earnest hope, that the replacement head and this shaft will help me fall in love with this driver. Because it has been a bumpy road, to this point. Stay tuned…

Hope a shaft change can for you can yield similar results as to what I am seeing after making a change.  Get my first round tomorrow on the course with the new setup and hoping it is as good on course as it is on the range.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

With a notification that the replacement head will be delivered today and temps reaching the upper 60’s, I will be heading to the range. Also of note, this arrived earlier in the week:IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

I went with same grip setup as the stock shaft. A golf pride z grip standard with three wraps under the left hand, one wrap under the right

IMG_2778.jpeg

It is my earnest hope, that the replacement head and this shaft will help me fall in love with this driver. Because it has been a bumpy road, to this point. Stay tuned…

Nice!  Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

I made it to the range yesterday evening. It was a mixed bag. To call it the worst range session I have ever had with the driver is probably short sighted and does a disservice to some real stinkers I’ve had over the years. But recency bias notwithstanding, it wasn’t good. Without looking at the numbers, every thing felt short, spinny, and way right. Every adjustment I made either produced the same crap result or something worse. 

I’ve had days where I’m fighting my swing the entire time, and this was one of them. 

The numbers for the Cobra:

IMG_2780.jpeg

IMG_2782.jpeg

The numbers for the QI-10 LS:

IMG_2781.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

On average, the Cobra was slightly better across the board, but 2 things are crystal clear to me.

1) Rapsodo gave me credit for more straight balls than I thought I had in the moment.

2) This is an archer, not the arrow scenario. So I’m going to work on some things to get my driving back to where I want it. 

The work continues 

Could it be the new shaft and just getting used to the kick point or load of it?  Did you feel it was a timing issue?  

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Neither driver felt great, so I attribute the bad session to my piss poor swing more than anything the clubs were doing. 

My speed was down overall, as the fastest was 104.5 mph and I struggled to find the center with either driver. The slices weren’t pull slices, but rather start down the target line for 100 yards or so and then make an abrupt right turn. So I need to go back to the basics and work on path and plane. The aforementioned over the top move has creeped back into every driver swing rather than just the ones where I am going balls out for distance. The good news in all of this, is that it is one bad range session and the issue is correctable. I just need to remain patient and work the fundamentals, it will come.

Absolutely. Today is a new day.

I need to find the video I watched the other day, but it made so much sense for my swing with coming over the top.  It was basically two moves/feels.  

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

Absolutely. Today is a new day.

I need to find the video I watched the other day, but it made so much sense for my swing with coming over the top.  It was basically two moves/feels.  

I’m going to get some video to confirm, but I think mine has to do with keeping my back to the target while I start to turn my lower half, then letting the club come through on an in to out path. Right now, when I start to clear my hips, my upper half follows along leading me to swing over the top. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Jumped right back on the testing horse this afternoon with another trip to the range. 

Today was much improved. Armed with a new thought and a feel, the results shape wise were much improved. And the dispersion was pretty decent

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_2787.jpeg

Distance still isn’t quite where I want it, but today was something I can build on, and that’s all I can ask

IMG_2785.jpeg

The 103.1 mph club head speed average is reflected in my efforts to work on path and plane. And really, if I can average 250 yds carry, then I will have very little to complain about. 
Now that I have some swings I like with the head/shaft combination, I am finding I really like how stable the head feels through impact. If I can continue to iron out the wrinkles in my driver swing, this head/shaft combo has the potential to be special. Things are looking up 😁

Much better practice session. 

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Jumped right back on the testing horse this afternoon with another trip to the range. 

Today was much improved. Armed with a new thought and a feel, the results shape wise were much improved. And the dispersion was pretty decent

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_2787.jpeg

Distance still isn’t quite where I want it, but today was something I can build on, and that’s all I can ask

IMG_2785.jpeg

The 103.1 mph club head speed average is reflected in my efforts to work on path and plane. And really, if I can average 250 yds carry, then I will have very little to complain about. 
Now that I have some swings I like with the head/shaft combination, I am finding I really like how stable the head feels through impact. If I can continue to iron out the wrinkles in my driver swing, this head/shaft combo has the potential to be special. Things are looking up 😁

Which LM are you using for the data?

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

29 minutes ago, William P said:

Which LM are you using for the data?

Rapsodo MLM2Pro

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

42 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Rapsodo MLM2Pro

Thanks, thought it looked familiar but definitely more info that my MLM provides.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

18 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have been on MGS since 2010 and I don't believe I have ever promoted a driver for being LONGER. I have posted I gained a few yards but even that is rare. For me at least, the Qi10 continues to produce longer drives than I have ever hit on my home course. I had two yesterday that were mind boggling when I saw where they ended up. One was about 15 yds longer than I had ever hit on this hole in probably 500 rounds. 386 yd par 4 and I had 45yds to a middle pin. 😱 So a 340yd drive at age 72. My guess is carry distance was not more than 250yds so that is 90yds of roll because instead of hitting the flat, I carried the ball onto the downslope, something I had not done before the Qi10. Ymmv but I would scream from the mountain top "At Least Demo One!" 

From your posts, it sounds like you have found your Excalibur, pulled it out of the stone/lake with your name already engraved on it. It is really working for you! The golf equipment match find of a lifetime 🙂

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

A big criticism of stealth was the face and some wear (not talking about breaking) - anything with this or are they looking like new still?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)