Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

First lesson (in this century) today.

Please do post! We look forward to hearing about your progress and routing for you! 

Thanks for posting and will be following along for future updates!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Post away!  Looking forward to hearing about the lessons and seeing how it affects the scores. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

28 minutes ago, Chriso said:

I used to play a lot! I joined a CC and was just an above average hacker though. Playing was all about not loosing too much money and too many balls! I took lessons from our club pro and got my handicap down to about an 11 or 12. Thanks Bobby Hall PGA pro!  Life changed direction for us and I put golf on the way-back burner except for charity tournaments once or twice a year. Scroll life ahead 20 years and early retirement left me feeling the itch to play again. I’ve gotten decent but still looking for more out of myself. So, I’m a little nervous as I have my first lesson today (with a PGA pro) since the 90’s.

Current HCI 14.2.  Low HCI 12.6 at the end of last fall. 
Lessons objective is better contact with my irons, short game improvement and help with my course management skills. If it’s okay with admin, I’ll post about my progress periodically over my first three lessons. IMG_3546.jpeg.6add63acf73da6759f92f70ead2aafdb.jpeg

After my dad gave me my first set of clubs when I was about 13, I got 1 lesson right after. I didn't take another lesson until I was in my mid 40's, and I wondered why I wasn't getting any better. 🙂 Now that I'm in a place where regular golf will be the norm, I'm getting lessons at 49 into 50, so I know how you feel. Feel free to post about your journey. We're all about support here, and we will likely be able to commiserate with you along the way. I know I will, as I look to post my journey as well on my own grind thread.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Hoping the lessons go well for you…looking forward to following the results!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Well, I started playing golf around spring of 2021 because when I PCS'ed to Fort Gregg-Adams (Fort Lee), VA all my friends played, so I decided to give it a try. At that time I had no knowledge about golf, I just thought that you just hit that ball until you make it to the hole. Then I found out that a simple thought it is very hard to accomplish. I would say that my average score was around 110-115, because again, I did not know any of the fundamentals. Around that same time I joined Fairways For Warriors, an organization that helps veterans and at the same time provide golf clinics to members. As soon as I joined they opened op a 4-day clinic, so I signed up. On the instructions the told us to bring our PW, nothing else. The whole class was around the Golf 8.5 by Kay McMahon. This consist on what she called an 8.5 movements, starting with GCAP (Grip, Club head, Alignment, and Posture), when I was listening and taking notes it did not make sense to me at all, but well, It was free so I stayed. The rest of the 4.5 movements are pretty much your swing from start to finish. After that 2 hours of class we went to the range and did the crawl, walk, run phases, and we did that for the rest of the training. I have to say that, when I finished that class and hit the course and felt more confident. I continued to practice using the same concepts from the class and couple of months later I was shooting on the low 100s, and eventually my consistency and commitment helped me to play on average mid-high 90s. Then when I moved to Fort Knox, KY, I decided to take a class with the Pro from the golf course and we just worked on minor thing from my swing that helped me brake 90 (once) but still shoot on low-mid 90s consistently. I will continue to work on those things that mess my games at times and planning to sign up for few sessions this season.

After watching me warm up, he mentioned that there were three glaring things for us to work on. They are grip, posture and setup. Within 5 shots I had stopped chuncking huge divots and was very effortlessly blasting my 7i straight and long. Amazing! I’ve some drills that I’ll keep working on until our next lesson. I was very pleased with my pro Michael Brisbane. 

Chris Orrell

13 minutes ago, Chriso said:

After watching me warm up, he mentioned that there were three glaring things for us to work on. They are grip, posture and setup. Within 5 shots I had stopped chuncking huge divots and was very effortlessly blasting my 7i straight and long. Amazing! I’ve some drills that I’ll keep working on until our next lesson. I was very pleased with my pro Michael Brisbane. 

I like when you get that instant feedback to correct your deficiencies and rectify them 🔥🔥

2 hours ago, Chriso said:

Awesome to hear, glad you have someone you like to work with already!  

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Chriso said:

That’s awesome to hear. I think we all need a good reminder to get back to basics sometimes. I’m looking forward to seeing your improvement!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Keep up the good work and progress!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.