Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

PGASS/PING Special Order Headache

tested the PING G430 Max 10k at PGA SS and the Kai Li was the best shaft for me. Problem was that they only had Alta’s in the store. They told me it would have to be a special order through PING. Had I or the salesman checked their website it would have shown the Kai Li in stock at THEIR warehouse- 2-3 days and free shipping. I paid an extra $9 to PING for shipping and 3 weeks later, it’s still hasn’t shipped. I’ve played 3 rounds now without a driver (traded mine in for the 10k). I blame myself for not checking the PGA SS site, but I never suspected this would take a month when it was just for a shaft- no other “special” details. I called PING and they said they were “building” it yesterday and it should be out today… you mean using a torque wrench to put in the Kai Li?! Tough build… 

Just want to save anyone else the frustration of they decide to get the 10k at PGA SS, with their limited shaft selection (I noticed GG had “the build” on the rack). 

image.gif.a74d0c48e46c196f67d39346d8beafe6.gif

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

2 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

called PING and they said they were “building” it yesterday and it should be out today… you mean using a torque wrench to put in the Kai Li?! Tough build… 

They have to prep the shaft, install the adapter, put a grip on it, build the club. They don’t really have shafts just laying around with tips on them.

I know because I have talked to guys who work there and they have to rotate throughout the different parts of the business, they spend time in repair, assembly, fitting, customer service 

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They have to prep the shaft, install the adapter, put a grip on it, build the club. They don’t really have shafts just laying around with tips on them.

I know because I have talked to guys who work there and they have to rotate throughout the different parts of the business, they spend time in repair, assembly, fitting, customer service 

I’m like most people in ‘Murica: I rather be angry then know stuff…

2 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 

I tested the PING G430 Max 10k at PGA SS and the Kai Li was the best shaft for me. Problem was that they only had Alta’s in the store. They told me it would have to be a special order through PING. Had I or the salesman checked their website it would have shown the Kai Li in stock at THEIR warehouse- 2-3 days and free shipping. I paid an extra $9 to PING for shipping and 3 weeks later, it’s still hasn’t shipped. I’ve played 3 rounds now without a driver (traded mine in for the 10k). I blame myself for not checking the PGA SS site, but I never suspected this would take a month when it was just for a shaft- no other “special” details. I called PING and they said they were “building” it yesterday and it should be out today… you mean using a torque wrench to put in the Kai Li?! Tough build… 

Just want to save anyone else the frustration of they decide to get the 10k at PGA SS, with their limited shaft selection (I noticed GG had “the build” on the rack). 

image.gif.a74d0c48e46c196f67d39346d8beafe6.gif

3-4 weeks for "custom builds" is normal.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

3-4 weeks for "custom builds" is normal.

Well, then you could take my “public service announcement” down because it seems to make perfect sense to most that PING wouldn’t have standard shafts with adapters on them and they can’t get a non tipped or non custom wrapped grip out the door in less time. 

2 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

Well, then you could take my “public service announcement” down because it seems to make perfect sense to most that PING wouldn’t have standard shafts with adapters on them and they can’t get a non tipped or non custom wrapped grip out the door in less time. 

Just saying from experience and it is not just PING, but others when you have something that is a "custom order" ie not the stock option in shop it takes some time.

While most have recovered from supply chain issues, 3-4 weeks is still considered the standard. 

You're not the only person making an order and they file into the que along with all the others and being a global company yeah it can take a few weeks.

To me this is not a PING issue or reason to sound an alarm. It would more be the person you were dealing with not providing you the appropriate information and properly informing you to make sure you had the proper expectations.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

I personally would be blaming PGASS for not checking their warehouse.   I'd probably be calling PGASS and complaining.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just saying from experience and it is not just PING, but others when you have something that is a "custom order" ie not the stock option in shop it takes some time.

While most have recovered from supply chain issues, 3-4 weeks is still considered the standard. 

You're not the only person making an order and they file into the que along with all the others and being a global company yeah it can take a few weeks.

To me this is not a PING issue or reason to sound an alarm. It would more be the person you were dealing with not providing you the appropriate information and properly informing you to make sure you had the proper expectations.

I’m not debating or being obtuse- I’m sincere: if my post isn’t helpful to others, which was my intent, then it’s not necessary. 😊