Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Takomo Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

5 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

Congratulations Testers!! 

Looking forward to learning more about Takomo Clubs!  At least Takomo sends a wrench with their drivers 🤣, unlike Callaway 🤣⛳

It’s unbelievable isn’t it ? You pay for a driver that you want from the top club makers and they screw you out of a Mickey Mouse wrench ? Seriously?

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

8 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

Congrats to the testers!! I look forward to hearing about the woods and how they compare to the other OEMs. Good luck all!

I am currently playing Cobra F9 fairway woods (5 and 7) - and I like hitting them quite a lot. I've decided to try the 5 and 7 Takomo fairway woods so I can compare them nicely against each other.

Thanks go out to Takomo and the MGS crew for giving us the chance to test those clubs! I was already interested in other Takomo clubs before this test was announced (wedges, irons, long distance irons), so this is the perfect opportunity to see what the brand is all about and how 'user friendly' those clubs will perform once we get them in our hands!

---

Congrats testers! Looking forward to seeing results of your efforts!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

thank you all for your nice comments and queries about the Takomo fairway woods and driving irons, I am very interested as well to see how my choices (3 wood and 7 wood) will perform. Unlike the Takomo irons that I didn't start gaming until after tournament season these will be going in my bag as soon as they arrive... Stay tuned for some great feedback, looking forward to working with all the testers...

committed to performance excellence

Congrats testers, interested to see if DTC woods are able to keep up with the great value the irons have show to provide. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Posted (edited)

Good morning guys, I’m getting stoked on the arrival of the two clubs (5&7 woods)from Takomo. I’m ready to put them into play and test these amazing looking fairway woods! Although , I’m a Taylormade woods fan , I’m not beyond replacing them with these clubs if they outperform my current clubs and in a way I’d love to be pleasantly surprised. All of the information that I have read , says very positive things about this company , which makes me feel ready to take on the challenge. With me being retired , I play 3-4 times a week and put in range time as well. So I believe I’m uniquely qualified to test these clubs. 
Everyone have a great day and the updates will start soon!

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Did anyone select the driving irons?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I believe everyone ordered woods but not sure

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Congratulations guys I’ve been interested to see how the drivers for some of the DTC companies compare this should be a fun one!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

On 5/17/2024 at 2:15 PM, Rob Person said:

I was on the edge of choosing the driving iron 4, but in the end decided to go with woods 5 and 7. I am still considering purchasing the Takomo driving iron, to replace the iron 5 and hybrid in my bag. Maybe soon, I'm not entirely sure yet. I will add my thoughts on that one here as well, whenever I get it.  

---

On 5/13/2024 at 2:16 PM, Big Deal Walsh said:

Placeholder

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Adam Walsh and I am currently in Northern Utah. Mountain golf is something everyone should experience in their life! Utah has some absolute PURE courses with jaw dropping views. 

image.png.03a9cf1b7dbbaf7d123447938d2cb7bf.png

I started playing golf (seriously) in 2016. I am a converted baseball player so speed and power are my strengths but controlling the ball was my biggest challenge. My golf game has skyrocketed over the last two years. I made the decision to put more effort into learning and fine tuning my golf game and I am really seeing the returns from that decision. I play in local golf tournaments and have access to a really nice golf simulator. I practice daily but usually play every weekend on the course and a couple days in the simulator each week. 

I am a big fan of Youtube golf content and Takomo has definitely established a strong presence with its product. I have heard really good things about Takomo irons, so I have high expectations for the woods. I am testing a 3 and 5 wood. I currently don't have these clubs in bag at the moment but I am hoping the results leave no doubt as to why they will earn a spot in the bag. I chose the 3 wood because on short par 4's I choke down on the driver and do a softer swing, which is usually an inconsistent shot. I think a 3 wood will be able to replace that type of shot so I can have a normal swing and also have a more forgiving club for long shots into par 5's. I chose the 5 wood so I can have the option on the tee box for longer par 3's. After researching Takomo Ignis Woods, I am excited for the adjustable loft sleeve and weights. This gives a golfer the chance to tailor the club to their own game. In my testing I will be conducting some R&D with the adjustability and will be able to confirm with data on the simulator. 

On 5/13/2024 at 11:16 PM, ToastedSoul said:

Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Nicolas Stohler, also known as @ToastedSoul, and I'm thrilled to be one of the chosen testers. A huge shout-out to MGS, the moderators, and Takomo for this fantastic opportunity to test the Takomo Long Game clubs!

At 48, I live near Zurich, Switzerland, with my family. As a software developer, I've always found solace in sports. Bouldering was my previous passion, challenging me weekly. However, golf has now taken center stage in my life, offering a new realm of strategy and precision that resonates with my love for problem-solving.

Although I'm at the beginning of my golf journey, my commitment to improving my technique is unwavering. Balancing family, work, and golf is no small feat, and I'm determined to earn my handicap, overcoming the hurdles of the Swiss system (for more on this, see GolfSpy_APH’s article).

IMG_20240520_182335-intro-post.jpg.9775a168ba801317acc417e428bf9ebc.jpg
On the way home after a wood practice session. (Not my car in the background).

Transitioning from a 6-hole academy course (par 3 holes only) to the demanding champion course, I recognize the game-changing potential of driver and fairway woods. Keeping the ball on the course is my biggest challenge at this time. My current arsenal includes the Cobra King F9 fairway woods 5 & 7, which I've been analyzing through Trackman sessions. The Takomo woods will be rigorously tested on the course and tracked with my ShotScope V5 watch. I've chosen to test the 5 & 7 woods from Takomo for the following reasons: they are nicely gapping between my 5 iron and my driver, and I really like to hit those clubs. I've been on the edge to test on of the  Takomo utility/driving irons, but decided against it for now, since I had the feeling that this would introduce more complexity into my bag. I still might pick one up at a later date...

Let’s see if the Takomo fairway woods can overthrow the kings and earn their spot in my bag.

IMG_20240520_173358-intro-post-clubs.jpg.41d67e92484de64ad857a11272fa04c8.jpg
The kings are not suspecting anything…yet.

Home practice is on the horizon, too, once I sort out a minor setback with my practice net (a golfer's patience is truly tested on and off the course!). I'm also looking forward to incorporating data from the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro into my review.

I can't wait to embark on this testing adventure and share my findings with you all.

I added my introduction.
I got the shipping confirmation today, the Takomo woods should arrive at my place this Wednesday! Woohoo 🥳

---

Intro is live in the main post - check it out!

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Takomo Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

My wife called and told me that my delivery is at the house ! 

IMG_2040.jpeg

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

1 minute ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

My wife called and told me that my delivery is at the house ! 

IMG_2040.jpeg

Nice!!  Can't wait to see what's in those boxes on the right - Accessories?  Maybe a hat? Are the heads packed/shipped separately?  Oh, never mind - it's Gwynneth Paltrow's head!  

(Just trying to build the excitement a bit, lol)

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

1 minute ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Nice!!  Can't wait to see what's in those boxes on the right - Accessories?  Maybe a hat? Are the heads packed/shipped separately?  Oh, never mind - it's Gwynneth Paltrow's head!  

(Just trying to build the excitement a bit, lol)

My imagination is running wild , I did order some tools , but not from Takomo 😊

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

These clubs are even more impressive when you see them up close . There are most definitely going in the bag right now .

image.jpg

IMG_2044.jpeg

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

I’m SO disappointed right now. UPS guy showed up right before dinner with three packages - but said, for some reason, his supervisor came onto his truck this morning and took one of the packages back - saying it “had to go back.” Huh? 

So I currently have the 7w shaft, and the 7w and 5w heads. No 5w shaft. I had a grand plan to do the unboxing at my local range, followed by a first hit experience, but that will now have to wait until at least tomorrow. 

I was SO looking forward to swinging them!

Good news: the heads are really good-looking. I’ll give you a glimpse when I do the actual “official” unboxing when I have the 5-wood shaft. 

Dang! 

Oh well 🙂

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I’m SO disappointed right now. UPS guy showed up right before dinner with three packages - but said, for some reason, his supervisor came onto his truck this morning and took one of the packages back - saying it “had to go back.” Huh? 

So I currently have the 7w shaft, and the 7w and 5w heads. No 5w shaft. I had a grand plan to do the unboxing at my local range, followed by a first hit experience, but that will now have to wait until at least tomorrow. 

Good news: the heads are really good-looking. I’ll give you a glimpse when I do the actual “official” unboxing when I have the 5-wood shaft. 

Dang! 

Oh well 🙂

now that is really odd...

committed to performance excellence

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Dang! 

Oh well 🙂

It had to go back?  Uh-oh!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

It had to go back?  Uh-oh!

I think it was a mistake - not sure what the mix-up was, but the driver seemed to think he could deliver it tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

2 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Dang! 

Oh well 🙂

I'm in the same boat. According to the DHL tracking system it should have been delivered yesterday. This morning I see that the packages somehow got separated - the last two of the four only made it into Switzerland now. So more patience is required. Fingers crossed that I get them all latest tomorrow morning, as I was planning to add them to the bag and start using them right away. 

---

4 hours ago, ToastedSoul said:

I'm in the same boat. According to the DHL tracking system it should have been delivered yesterday. This morning I see that the packages somehow got separated - the last two of the four only made it into Switzerland now. So more patience is required. Fingers crossed that I get them all latest tomorrow morning, as I was planning to add them to the bag and start using them right away. 

Course is absolutely waterlogged. Played 9 this morning and isn't fun... best to wait and start some testing in nicer weather 🙂

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Course is absolutely waterlogged. Played 9 this morning and isn't fun... best to wait and start some testing in nicer weather 🙂

Thanks for the update on the course. I'm still hoping for a dry morning tomorrow, so the course should be ok then in the afternoon. 

2 of the 4 packages got delivered. The rest should still arrive today. But I'm at work right now anyway, let's see what's the status tonight. 

I also contacted the seller of my practice net; they will send me the missing parts. No idea when though. 

---

... And DHL came back to pick up the 2  packages that got delivered earlier 😱

It seems the manufacturer issued a callback due to quality problems with the contents. That's all what the DHL boss could tell me. 

So more waiting.... 

---

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, ToastedSoul said:

... And DHL came back to pick up the 2  packages that got delivered earlier 😱

It seems the manufacturer issued a callback due to quality problems with the contents. That's all what the DHL boss could tell me. 

So more waiting.... 

And my girlfriend did not just want to give back the parcels to the driver, since they were already delivered and inside the house. The driver couldn't explain the reason, so I had to call DHL to figure it out first, before just giving them back. 

Quite the experience so far 🙈

Edited by ToastedSoul

---