Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Testers Announced: Vice Golf Irons

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Tom the Golf Nut - Main Post 

@dback - Main Post 

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Splatt - Main Post

Congrats folks. Have fun looking forward to reading your reviews. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Congrats testers - look forward to hearing how these turn out for you all!

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

Congrats guys!

I am eagerly waiting on how these irons perform, so this will be a daily check-in for me!

Great opportunity you've been given, make us proud.

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

I am currently testing the Ping S159 wedges. See my review here:

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My intro is up. Looking forward to the next step in the process. 

If someone wants a certain type of test done let me know. As we get further into the process, I will lay out my plans.

Really looking forward to seeing how these perform against your KING Tours, Tom!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

Can't wait to hear the results would really love to know how testers like the graphite shafts and which Mitshbushi shafts they compare to.  I also really hope they let you use the style customizing as well to see how that delivers.

Patrick Dawes

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My intro is up. Looking forward to the next step in the process. 

If someone wants a certain type of test done let me know. As we get further into the process, I will lay out my plans.

Ask and you shall receive. Two things - first, would love to see a specs comparison between your gamers and the Vice (e.g. Lofts, lie, lengths, swingweight, total weight, shaft specs, grips, etc.).  I know some of this requires special equipment but if you have access that would be great.  Second, take your favorite club in your gamer set (e.g. 8-iron) and hit a 10 shot comparison against the equivalent Vice iron to a target that you can then go and walk off (or take picture) of your dispersion.  Would prefer this not on a launch monitor - on the course in real conditions if at all possible.  Real turf matters.  

Driver - Titleist 917 Speeder 757 X-Flex

Woods/Hybrids - Titleist 913 series Aldila Riptide X-Flex 

Irons - 710/712 CB/MB Combo Set TTDG X100 & S300

Wedges - Vokey 52/56/60

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 1.0

Great intros so far and a great group of golfers!  Looking forward to seeing how these new sticks work out for everyone!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

39 minutes ago, Marty2shanks said:

Ask and you shall receive. Two things - first, would love to see a specs comparison between your gamers and the Vice (e.g. Lofts, lie, lengths, swingweight, total weight, shaft specs, grips, etc.).  I know some of this requires special equipment but if you have access that would be great.  Second, take your favorite club in your gamer set (e.g. 8-iron) and hit a 10 shot comparison against the equivalent Vice iron to a target that you can then go and walk off (or take picture) of your dispersion.  Would prefer this not on a launch monitor - on the course in real conditions if at all possible.  Real turf matters.  

Now that’s funny. Why you say? Because I have most of that in my testing criteria. Some of it word for word so to speak. I have it written but not posted yet. I didn’t want to throw out a lot at once. I have a speck comparison chart against two sets that I have played over the last few seasons. I also have the 10 shot test across a few clubs. I have the technical resources but I am more of a real world on the course guy. Off a mat onto a screen is nice (I have a simulator and a Mevo) but turf interaction means so much more and truthfully all I care about. 
You know what they say “Great minds think a like”

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

What were you guys allowed as far as shaft options? I see the graphite shafts are an upcharge on the Vice website and am curious as I know that @Tom the Golf Nutis playing graphite right now. 

As of now we haven’t had our fittings with Vice yet, but we were told that the options on the website are available to us unless we hear otherwise.

14 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

As of now we haven’t had our fittings with Vice yet, but we were told that the options on the website are available to us unless we hear otherwise.

Are you going to go to Club Champion for the fitting? My understanding is that they are the only US-based company that will be carrying them.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter: Maltby Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

3 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Are you going to go to Club Champion for the fitting? My understanding is that they are the only US-based company that will be carrying them.

Vice is doing a remote fitting, but I have been fit recently by True Spec and know my specs. We have completed forms today so Vice will be familiar with our game and specs before our interaction with them. You are correct though Club Champion is the only one in the US fitting their clubs. 

My fitting experience and what my clubs will look like are up in my main post. 

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Sounds like the experience was great with Vice on the fitting.  I love the color selection on the clubs and grips!  Looking forward to seeing how they perform!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Awesome choice of colours. They’re gonna look fantatsic

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

On 6/24/2024 at 8:02 PM, gingerbeast87 said:

Introduction:

First of all, I would like to thank both MGS and Vice for selecting me for this test.  I have been drooling over these clubs for a while now and have a feeling I will continue to do so when they arrive.

My name is Ryan, I play out of Bristol UK.  My favorite club to play is coincidentally the one I work at on the weekends, Woodlands golf and country club in Bradley Stoke.  I have been playing properly for almost 2 years now and have found that no matter what, no two rounds of golf are the same.  I have managed to get my handicap to 21.4 so far this playing season, and hope to get it lower (down to 18/19 if I can) by the end of the year.  I play as often as I can, I tend to do Sundays most weeks and if I can I tend to get out once or twice a week in the evening after work.  I am one of those fortunate guys whose wife also enjoys playing golf, so I am never alone when I go and can always rely on her to keep me company and caddy for me.

●             What are your plans for the review and comparisons?

So I currently use a set of Cobra F8 irons.  They were my second set of clubs after my little Slazenger set that I used to use for knock abouts on the local pitch and putt or down the range.  I have found them to be a really good set of clubs for starting out.  I have 5-GW in the F8’s and use a set of Rife wedges for SW and LW.  I guess the main thing I am looking for out of these clubs is to see how I do with them, will they perform better than my Cobras? The Vice clubs certainly use different tech to the cobras, opting for a 2-piece cast head instead of the hollow back of the Cobras.

clubsback.png.83b2ca37f52c6ebaed7d3e2ac99158da.pngclubsface.png.5ca3d32f46f849d877126ba237254553.pngclubsall.png.0bb9dbf1d7bdc82f9420df39fdab48c9.png

●             How do you want to test this product?

For the first week of having the clubs I will be putting some time in at the range to get used to the feel of the clubs.  I will be aiming so see how the do for average distances compared my existing clubs.  I will also be trying so see how they do for distance control. Can I modify my shots with them to get better height/softer drops/lower longer shots? I will hopefully also be able to get some time in the simulator near me to see how they compare on generating spin compared to the Cobra F8’s. 

After the first week I will be heading straight to the course for the real hands-on testing.  Already have dispensation from management (the wife) to go and play golf as much as I can to test them fully, and boy howdy do I intend to!!

●             What will make this product stay with you after testing?

For me it will mostly come down to how they feel on the course.  Vice offers a virtual fitting service so you can tailor the clubs to your individual needs so I look forward to seeing if there are any adjustments that need to be made for my play.  Of course, we all know that looks will come into it as well, and to be fair, they are some sexy looking clubs, largely customizable through the options as well as looking good on their own.

●             Why are you excited about testing this product?

I have never had a set of clubs that look half as decent as the Vice VGI02’s.  I love the faux map contour pattern on the back of the club, it has a sleek design, and it just looks so good.  I have seen some reviews on these clubs online already and they are just spanking it! Five-star reviews on so many sites have built up my expectations and hopes so high!

Here is a snap of the green clubs, I like them the most as that little splash of colour gives them an edge.

vicegreen.png.2ee892418aecf2bc8b511a4cb25e2e26.png

You are able to properly customise the clubs as well, from coloured rubber grips to coloured corded grips for the firmer hand, you can even choose the colour of your ferrule too for that little additional touch.  They offer flexible different coloured carbon shafts, or stiffer steel shafts. You can even modify how may layers of grip tape you need to adjust the width of the grip!

●             What do you know about the product already?

So, I have been trawling the website since I saw the initial call for testers and have found a fair bit out about them, they are a two-piece cast head, weighted slightly more towards the back of the club to keep the fact a little more closed. The website offers different weighted shafts depending on your needs, and a lighter head to help up the speed through the swing.  The website also offers modifications to the loft and lie, so if the basic set up doesn’t quite suit your requirements, you can change it.

As a comparison I grabbed the standard lofts/lies from the website as you can see, they don’t vary massively to the Cobra F8’s but there is more of a difference in the lie.  I look forward to seeing how they compare especially considering my slight proclivity towards a fade (vice on the left cobra on the right):

loftvice.png.d3beca476ccade76339a2dcdb74d9fbf.pngloftcobra.png.bf15bec1106b7b8bb508cf8c0ea127e8.png

●             What are your expectations?

So here we go folks, looking forward to getting these ordered and shipped.  The website says 4 weeks for estimated delivery times so there may be a little radio silence until then.  We have all yet to order the clubs as we are waiting so see if it is going to be 5-PW or if it will be 5-SW.  Once everything is ordered I’ll let you all know.

If you’ve got any questions or things you would like to see during the test cycle please give me a holler!!

Speak soon folks

Ryan Gardiner

Good Evening Folks,

Was lucky enough to have my virtual fitting this evening.  Was a really nice call with Jamie from the forum, Alex and Wade from Vice.  I have never had a fitting before so it was a new experience.  We went over my state of play, how often i play, what my flaws are, where i tend to send the ball most (off to the right if you were wondering).  You could clearly see how much passion Alex has for the brand and the clubs throughout the call.  

Once we had gone over the questions to determine what would suit my current state of play Alex went through what would likely work best. We started by going over what clubs would be better for my current skill level and state of play.  As i am a higher handicap golfer they leaned to the VGI02 which works well for me as i think they are the prettier of the two styles, and also the ones that have been described as better for someone with a higher handicap or is newer to golf.  They very generously allowed me to go for the lime green backed clubs which will go with my new golf bag perfectly!!!

head1.png.95259a81a6ea1745587cfd3c71306246.pngScreenshot2024-06-28164048.png.01453fae09b433b2a5c95af02dd613d8.png

The team advised that the graphite shafts would be the best for my swing speed as it means i might be able to have a bit more control over the swing.  He believes that this might also help me close the face a little and reduce the chances of sending the ball off to the right (advice that i would take any day of the week!!).  I also had to provide my height and the distance from my wrist crase to the ground when my arm hangs loosely down.  This will aid them in deciding the right club length. When it came to choosing my shaft i thought, "definitely got to make these look unique".  So I have followed up with the lime green 95g graphite shaft.

shaft.png.1d4adf3ead003ee5ad9cc9ce52c2a8a4.png

We then went over what grip would be best by getting me to put my hand up by my head, asking what size glove i tend to use, and what size of grip i currently use.  All of this lead us down the road of a standard grip, and in order to balance out the bright colours i have gone for the black grip.  I think the black along with the bright green will work really well.

Screenshot2024-06-28164139.png.1ac3655ac3e075e34a71ef32a596207f.png

And the final customisation is the ferrule, I have gone for a nice dark green one which i hope will fit with the rest of the colour options nicely.

Screenshot2024-06-28164156.png.b32025986629f76f8ff4e858bf54f4b1.png

So there is a rough idea of what the clubs are going to look like on arrival.  I'm not saying i am super excited but i don't know how i am going to sleep in between now and when the clubs arrive.  Delivery times are probably going to be in between 2-4 weeks so if i have not succumbed to excitement driven sleep deprivation I will be ready to roll then!!

Some great advice from Jamie on the call was to make sure i spend a good amount of time at the range when the clubs turn up in order to get used to them.  Because i am going to be going from the steel shafts of my Cobra King F8's to the graphite shafts on the Vice VGI02's it may take me a little time to get used to the change.  So expect to see some good dispersion patterns adn feedback from the driving range when they arrive.

The next step will be the unboxing on arrival, so sleep tight folks and see you then!!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

On 6/26/2024 at 9:56 PM, sirchunksalot said:

What were you guys allowed as far as shaft options? I see the graphite shafts are an upcharge on the Vice website and am curious as I know that @Tom the Golf Nutis playing graphite right now. 

Just had my virtual fitting, the options were steel with weighting of 90g-125g, or Whiz graphite of varying colour and weight options.  I have gone for 95g on the advice of the fitters owing to my swing speed and current tendency to send it a bit right.  I have the lime green one on the way

shaft.png.f6c894f03d6be1c33d4ca4d3316e88da.png

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

@Tom the Golf Nut & @gingerbeast87 I cannot wait to see those built! Those are some beautiful looking combos.

Vice always seems to nail it in the looks department!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

1 hour ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Good Evening Folks,

Was lucky enough to have my virtual fitting this evening.  Was a really nice call with Jamie from the forum, Alex and Wade from Vice.  I have never had a fitting before so it was a new experience.  We went over my state of play, how often i play, what my flaws are, where i tend to send the ball most (off to the right if you were wondering).  You could clearly see how much passion Alex has for the brand and the clubs throughout the call.  

Once we had gone over the questions to determine what would suit my current state of play Alex went through what would likely work best. We started by going over what clubs would be better for my current skill level and state of play.  As i am a higher handicap golfer they leaned to the VGI02 which works well for me as i think they are the prettier of the two styles, and also the ones that have been described as better for someone with a higher handicap or is newer to golf.  They very generously allowed me to go for the lime green backed clubs which will go with my new golf bag perfectly!!!

head1.png.95259a81a6ea1745587cfd3c71306246.pngScreenshot2024-06-28164048.png.01453fae09b433b2a5c95af02dd613d8.png

The team advised that the graphite shafts would be the best for my swing speed as it means i might be able to have a bit more control over the swing.  He believes that this might also help me close the face a little and reduce the chances of sending the ball off to the right (advice that i would take any day of the week!!).  I also had to provide my height and the distance from my wrist crase to the ground when my arm hangs loosely down.  This will aid them in deciding the right club length. When it came to choosing my shaft i thought, "definitely got to make these look unique".  So I have followed up with the lime green 95g graphite shaft.

We then went over what grip would be best by getting me to put my hand up by my head, asking what size glove i tend to use, and what size of grip i currently use.  All of this lead us down the road of a standard grip, and in order to balance out the bright colours i have gone for the black grip.  I think the black along with the bright green will work really well.

And the final customisation is the ferrule, I have gone for a nice dark green one which i hope will fit with the rest of the colour options nicely.

So there is a rough idea of what the clubs are going to look like on arrival.  I'm not saying i am super excited but i don't know how i am going to sleep in between now and when the clubs arrive.  Delivery times are probably going to be in between 2-4 weeks so if i have not succumbed to excitement driven sleep deprivation I will be ready to roll then!!

Some great advice from Jamie on the call was to make sure i spend a good amount of time at the range when the clubs turn up in order to get used to them.  Because i am going to be going from the steel shafts of my Cobra King F8's to the graphite shafts on the Vice VGI02's it may take me a little time to get used to the change.  So expect to see some good dispersion patterns adn feedback from the driving range when they arrive.

The next step will be the unboxing on arrival, so sleep tight folks and see you then!!

That's awesome that you were able to talk with Vice directly regarding the club fitting! I'm curious if the calls were recorded so we could listen in?

I LOVE both of your color selections and the reactions of your playing partners is going to be epic! 

I am now moseying on over to Vice's website to check them out for myself! 

Have fun testers!

Edited by jbern
Added question.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

2 minutes ago, jbern said:

That's awesome that you were able to talk with Vice directly regarding the club fitting! I'm curious if the calls were recorded so we could listen in?

I LOVE both of your color selections and the reactions of your playing partners is going to be epic! 

I am now moseying on over to Vice's website to check them out for myself! 

Have fun testers!

We didn't record them but ask away to the testers. It wasn't anything drastic for any, but I do believe they are all getting what's best for them.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I see @Tom the Golf Nut gave his specs to Vice for them to match, but I'm curious how did they go about loft/lie customizations for everyone else? Based on height/arm length?

I'm curious if graphite shafts were recommended for everyone? At my last two fittings (one in-person and one online), both recommended graphite iron shafts and that seems to be the general trend. It's just a bummer that "stock" shafts are almost always steel and thus the 2nd hand market is mostly steel shafted irons.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

1 hour ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Good Evening Folks,

Another great choice of colours. They are really going to stand out

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

21 minutes ago, jbern said:

I see @Tom the Golf Nut gave his specs to Vice for them to match, but I'm curious how did they go about loft/lie customizations for everyone else? Based on height/arm length?

I'm curious if graphite shafts were recommended for everyone? At my last two fittings (one in-person and one online), both recommended graphite iron shafts and that seems to be the general trend. It's just a bummer that "stock" shafts are almost always steel and thus the 2nd hand market is mostly steel shafted irons.

I'll post my experience shortly but for me they did use wrist to floor and height measurement but for adjusting the lie angle it was more about my shot shape and miss. I can get snappy with my irons so my set-up will be a couple degrees flatter.

In regards to graphite vs steel, they were open to conversation but we went with steel still because they are a bit heavier. It's also the shaft closest to my current set-up with I have enjoyed.

Edited by dback

Driver: Cobra LTDx, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60S, 9 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Shotscope v3 and 18birdies (never play a round without them!)

Garmin r10 for range sessions and winter garage golf

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

I'll add into my initial post as well but here is how my virtual fitting experience went:

To start I've never had a true fitting. Two years ago I went to a demo day and they gave me some specs but my swing has changed a ton since. I have gone from a very out-to-in path to fairly in-to-out, particularly with my irons. So there was a lot of conversation around getting a good set-up to avoid the big right-to-left/snaphook miss. I am feeling as comfortable with my swing as ever, so it was nice to build the club around the swing rather than the other way. The team was great to talk with, super conversational and you can tell they know, love and have confidence in their product. Through the conversation, going with the VGI01 was confirmed and built from there. My overall aesthetic is far from flashy but I don't mind a bit of color, so after consulting my design expert (my 4 year old daughter), I knew I was going to go with the Lime Green accent. I think its the perfect pop of color.

image.png.97aaed067f7f543b40dbdbfff707ca0d.pngimage.png.299917e1a9b529e7714326d970b7fdeb.png

Overall set-up will be 4-pw VGI01's with Steel 105g S flex, black midsize grip, black ferrule and bent a couple degrees flat to limit the big left miss. Pretty standard, clean set-up for me but thats what I want to see at set-up. I think these will look great in the bag and I will feel confident with how they look behind the ball. Alex talked highly about the 4 iron replacing his 3 iron which has me intrigued and thinking through what my overall bag set-up will be while testing them. I mentioned at the top too, but it will be interesting to track my shot shape. During the community call vice did and a decent amount of the messaging is about these clubs promoting a draw shot shape due to the light clubhead. I already tend to play this shot shape, particularly with my irons. How will the adjustments made to my set-up play on the course? I like playing a draw and usually my snaphook comes into play when I'm rushing through a swing or really trying to step on one. I'm hopeful the set-up (flatter lie, midsize grips) will give me the confidence and comfortability to play my shot with a smooth swing. The lofts are a touch stronger and the clubs are 10 years newer, so not too worried about distance and shouldn't feel like I need to force more. 

image.png.5978581ef16fb65fb15f2ba20fbb6e77.pngimage.png.a526c58ef8304e448ff01422b7047cf0.pngimage.png.a46d345736fe8a47329359a63a6f1565.png

Now the wait begins. It should be the perfect amount of time for me to finish up a couple house projects I have to be able to use my garage hitting set-up again. Between my garmin r10 and shotscope data, I should be able to give a pretty good side-by-side comparison.  The service has been great so far and seems to be something the vice team prides themselves in. There are so many players in the golf equipment game that it's the extras that differentiate brands such as customization options and customer service.

I have some pretty fun golf lined up in late July/early August.   Hope to have gotten the feel of these irons and see how they handle a variety of golf courses.

Driver: Cobra LTDx, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60S, 9 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Shotscope v3 and 18birdies (never play a round without them!)

Garmin r10 for range sessions and winter garage golf

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

Nice intros and updates on the fittings.  Really enjoy seeing the color options in what was selected!

Cant wait to see how these look in person for you all and how they perform!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Congrats testers! The irons look class. Hope they perform as well as they look. 

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

Hey everyone.

Intro and remote fitting is now up

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)