Grips and gloves

Hey everyone! I’m new around here and this is my first year dedicating time to work on my game. I wanted to see what every one is using for gloves and why. Also, what have been your favourite grips? I’m looking to replace mine soon and get a uniform set. Thanks for any responses!

Don’t take it so serious. 

I order gloves from MG Golf because they are good quality and cheap at $7.50.  I use Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips because they last a looooong time....Like multiple years long.

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; Callaway Mavrik 18* 5w;  Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro 4i; :ping-small: G410 5 & 6 iron;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 7 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

For gloves I really enjoy the Kirkland. Grips I've done the Lamkin Crossline and Golf Pride Tour Velvet, like them both and don't have any distinguishing opinion between the two 

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I wear either the Red Rooster Cape or the Wilson Conform gloves.  The RR is a thinner leather better fit but stretches sooner. The Wilson holds up longer during summer months but slightly less feel. For grips I have been using the Golf Pride CP2 Pro for several years. They last long and fit my hands well. They have less taper than other grips.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Welcome - you will get a variety of answers here but that's okay as the way you framed the question you were looking for a broad spectrum.

Count me in the Kirkland camp for gloves although I do have a batch of footjoys that I picked up at the end of the year when they were on sale very cheap at my club - I go cheap with gloves because I blow through them this time of year - I had to change gloves yesterday in a 9 hole round -

For grips its Winn dry-tac LT's.  I'm a bit older and I find they are very helpful with my arthritis - as a side benefit they also tend to straighten out my hook a bit.  You should have a pro or a fitter look at your hands and discuss your game with you a bit when deciding on a grip to use - that would not be very expensive - likely nothing if you were looking to buy the gloves through him.  

Good luck

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 grips, mainly because they are the best I've found for resisting slippage in hot, humid conditions. Many people I play with don't like them because they're too soft and/or they wear out too fast. My grip is very stable, so they don't wear out for me. For a golf grip to wear there has to be abrasion, and for there to be abrasion there has to be movement of the grip relative to your hand during the swing. If you have wear marks on your current grips near the butt end and on the heel of the palm on your glove, do not buy Dri-Tacs. You will end up replacing them very quickly.

My go to glove for many years has been the Wilson Staff Conform. The mesh on the back keeps my hand a little cooler and helps it fit better, and I can usually find them for <$12. I also like Mizuno Elites when I find a deal on them.

I recently bought some FootJoy TropiCool gloves (first time I've seen them in men's sizes) and they've worked well on several hot, humid days we've had here lately. Well enough that I wish they made them for the right hand too. Until they do, I will go back to wearing a synthetic "rain glove" on my right hand when it gets really humid.

Cobra RadSpeed XB 10.5 Driver Project X Evenflow Blue 65 regular

Tour Edge E722 5W Fujikura Ventus Red (non-Velocore) regular

Cobra King Tec 3H Xcaliber Rapid Taper RTI75 regular

Cobra King Utility 4i Xcaliber Rapid Taper RTI75 regular

Mizuno JPX923 HM 5-GW Nippon 950GH Neo regular

Callaway Jaws Raw full face 54* DG Spinner

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 60* Z grind DG Spinner

Evenroll ER2

Another for the Kirkland Camp! Its nice to buy them 4 at a time for a great price, then fit well and the leather is soft. I can have a gamer, one stashed in the car, one in the bag, and another in the garage with the rest of my stuff, cycle through them as needed. 

For grips, currently gaming Golf Pride MCC+4 Standard. Looking to move up to Midsize when I start replacing my clubs. But the MCC are great, I tend to have pretty sweaty hands in the summer, and I've never really had an issue with my grip.

image.png.695997e0ab2d273d1e9a6d9a59693008.pngWhat's In The Bag:

Bag:  image.png.2ec6ba172a80fb70c3708a3565225509.png 2019 Fusion 14 Stand Bag                                                            Push Cart Mafia: image.png.b59a1c1a2ab63e23e9cfc08d20037566.png 3-Wheel Golf Cart

Driver: image.png.c69fcd36742a959ebcefd6b193dfe9d7.png Rogue Draw 2018, w/ Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 Stiff               Wood: image.png.4bd79af128a2fd5e2627a0ebf39a9407.png Rogue 2018 3 Wood, w/ Project X EvenFlow Blue 65 Stiff

Hybrid: image.png.d99fef9be797b93aaa3ffa0c7d2553ed.png Rogue 2018 4 Hybrid, w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 75 Stiff        Irons: 4-PW, AW image.png.79b607903de2cce2fc91afb095f7d402.png Rogue Pro Irons, w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Stiff

Wedges: Bombtech 56*, image.png.6bd1330c167d3701de09916004f72f92.png Mack Daddy 3 60*                                            Putter:  image.png.6f232d68128a0864f020965748b290ba.png DF3, Green 65*/35

Balls: Kirkland V3 Yellows                                                                           Tech: Garmin Approach S70

Glove? Waste of money in my opinion. I get a better feel without it. I used to play Golf Pride CP2 wrap grips. Never had an issue with slippage. About 2 years ago I moved to Winn dri-tac in oversize due to some pain in my knuckles as I age. Great soft feel, still no slippage and no problems with excessive wear.

Driver: Cobra AeroJet 9* @ 7.5* PX Hazardous Black 5.5

3 wood: Titleist 915f @ 14.25* MCA Diamana Blue R

Hybrids: Callaway Apex 17* and 21* Srixon ZX 23* driving iron

Irons: Mizuno Pro 223 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 105R

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 52/10, 56/14, 60/14 Nippon 115

Putter: EVNROLL ER 2.2

Ball: Wilson Triad

On 7/9/2024 at 7:29 PM, ncwoz said:

For gloves I really enjoy the Kirkland. Grips I've done the Lamkin Crossline and Golf Pride Tour Velvet, like them both and don't have any distinguishing opinion between the two 

I use those typically. I live in the PNW though so it’s pretty wet most of the year. They just got destroyed after getting a little bit wet. Might need to invest in some rain gloves for the not so nice days. 

On 7/10/2024 at 5:13 AM, revkev said:

Welcome - you will get a variety of answers here but that's okay as the way you framed the question you were looking for a broad spectrum.

Count me in the Kirkland camp for gloves although I do have a batch of footjoys that I picked up at the end of the year when they were on sale very cheap at my club - I go cheap with gloves because I blow through them this time of year - I had to change gloves yesterday in a 9 hole round -

For grips its Winn dry-tac LT's.  I'm a bit older and I find they are very helpful with my arthritis - as a side benefit they also tend to straighten out my hook a bit.  You should have a pro or a fitter look at your hands and discuss your game with you a bit when deciding on a grip to use - that would not be very expensive - likely nothing if you were looking to buy the gloves through him.  

Good luck

That’s some great info! I’ve thought about going for a fitting, might be next year. I just want to try them all and see what’s best. 

Still experimenting with gloves at the moment. I really liked the Footjoy Hyperflex, but it actually shrank with use and now it doesn’t fit! May try again if i find them on sale.

I also picked up a Vice Duro the other day, fits well, hasn’t stretched out after probably 300 balls at the range, and it breathes well so I don’t feel the need to swap gloves after half an hour of use.

New irons have Dritac 2.0 grips, absolutely great so far.

Titleist TSR2 9degree

Callaway Paradym X 3W

Callaway Epic Max 5W

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4-PW

Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50-degree, Cleveland Tour Action 588 56-degree

Nike Putter

All my irons came with the lamkin cross line grips. I really like them so far. Pretty basic and cheap grip so I regripped my wedges, 3W, and Hybrid with them earlier this season. I then got fit for a driver a month ago and they recommend the Golf Pride MCC multi compound and I really like that. Will probably regrip every with those next year once the lamkin grips are worn out. 

For gloves I’ve used quite a few at this point. Kirkland are great for value and last a while but don’t have the best fit and stretch around the knuckles fast. I tried the PXG glove after reading the MGS reviews. It was so soft and the fit is amazing but I had to retire it after about 8 rounds and 8 range sessions. I’ve gone back to Srixons premium glove and find the fit and feel very similar to the PXG but at 8 rounds in it’s just now showing a tiny bit of wear, the PXG was dirty and wearing through by that point. Mizuno is also another great option that’s in the middle price point. 

Edited by aguybadatgolf

Tester Opportunities

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

The Bag

Driver - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke MAX Driver with Project X Denali - 6.5

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro 20° with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges - :ping-small: S159 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold X100 (TESTER)

Putter - :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter , 🦓 Zebra AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro Plus

Tester for 

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter