Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2024 Forum Review

5 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Nice round!  I’m hopeful the extra practice will pay off in the long run.  Being able to practice at home will make it much easier to make happen!

Keep it going!

I’m pumped to use it all next week, I think I’m playing again on Thursday , Friday afternoon, and one day over the weekend.

I spent an hour today looking at better bets to use with it…the MLM2pro has become my third child

🙃

Went out this evening and did the next Superspeed session…speeds were just a little shy of last time, but no complaints.IMG_5329.jpeg.094e70bca8ca0febb5d58ee749433c79.jpeg

Easy to set up and get the readings.  App is easy to use to review the data.

My wife even came out there while I was on the blue (medium) club and wanted to swing.  I gave her the green (light) club to start.  She took a couple swings and got to 54 mph!  Not bad for someone who last touched a club around 12 years ago!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

How is it for setting up/using on grass vs mats?  Whether it's at a driving range , course range, or on the course itself?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

10 hours ago, Rob Person said:

How is it for setting up/using on grass vs mats?  Whether it's at a driving range , course range, or on the course itself?

You might see some funky launch numbers if you are set up below the mat. I bought one of the $50 levelling stands and it does a good job. Overall the speed of setup is one of the reasons I bought this over a Mevo.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

I’ve had no issues getting it setup at home.  Biggest challenge was the uneven ground behind the mat at the range.

19 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

You might see some funky launch numbers if you are set up below the mat. I bought one of the $50 levelling stands and it does a good job. Overall the speed of setup is one of the reasons I bought this over a Mevo.

I was looking at a leveling base last night after the challenges I had at the range.  What did you end up getting for the leveling base?

Seems like it would be fairly easy for Rapsodo to incorporate some leveling screws in the feet from the factory.  Would think it would be a nice touch.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I got the Rapsodo out this weekend for a couple sessions and in a round about way ended up learning about short distance shots a bit as the first time out the sessions was interrupted a by some very cute participants. My kids decided it was there turn and they loved seeing the shot tracer on the range set up. Every time they hit one they would whip around to see how far it was going. It was a blast and ended up with a lot of shots like this,

image.png.a9679becc37758afed026ff2e815d9ad.png

It was just fun bus the distances felt a little high but maybe it is close, also side note we were not using the RPT balls so that spin is likely off. Though that side launch direction is right as my son almost missed the net left. Also side note that export session button up top is how you get a csv file of the data for those that need it. I will cover this more when I get to reviewing the r-cloud functionality.

The next day I did a combine, which was interesting to do. I struggled to line up at times and the distance just felt off, I needed to change up my normal swing to get it to go the correct distance. Also 220 for the second shot was a big one, currently a 5 wood for me so I would have liked something a bit shorter. The biggest thing was that I needed to be very cautious about my alignment as I off on a couple and it led to a bit dispersion with the driver. So score leaves something be desired but I think its a great tool to work through things and get better with the insights about what you are struggling with.

IMG_3125.PNG.08ff2a2c0bcc1c2589fd892e297137fc.PNG

IMG_3126.PNG.c05780743a80054be9e9964fa988c249.PNG

IMG_3127.PNG.f98e8eb761b2e152e2f9eb5aaa81da86.PNG

IMG_3128.PNG.d9c98f3c090e4741dd1d40d69f96ef22.PNG

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

My yard is not overly level so it does take a minute but a leveling stand would help at my house. I might need to invest in one. First I need a new mat as my little one is torn to bits right now.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

57 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I was looking at a leveling base last night after the challenges I had at the range.  What did you end up getting for the leveling base?

Seems like it would be fairly easy for Rapsodo to incorporate some leveling screws in the feet from the factory.  Would think it would be a nice touch.

I got this one. It works well but the spirit level fell off after about 5 weeks. Definitely overpriced for the quality.

Screenshot2024-08-26at09_39_16.png.cee2304b53e16fa8b08f7dd742441980.png

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

43 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I got this one. It works well but the spirit level fell off after about 5 weeks. Definitely overpriced for the quality.

Screenshot2024-08-26at09_39_16.png.cee2304b53e16fa8b08f7dd742441980.png

Thanks, have seen a few that are around that same price point as well that didn’t include the laser.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

It was just fun bus the distances felt a little high but maybe it is close, also side note we were not using the RPT balls so that spin is likely off.

Can you send a picture of your setup?  I’m seeing lower numbers than I would expect with the net.  Actual range use seems to align better with actual ball flight.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Can you send a picture of your setup?  I’m seeing lower numbers than I would expect with the net.  Actual range use seems to align better with actual ball flight.

Sure thing happy to grab one this afternoon, just ignore the state of the mat.

On 8/24/2024 at 11:05 PM, Coulter said:

I have a problem with reading short chips on mine do any of you testers have that problem? 

Not a tester but I haven't had an issue yet

3.5 Handicap, Pittsburgh PA

Cobra AeroJet LS 10.5 Hzrdus Blue 6.5 

Cobra Big Tour 14.5 

Srixon MK Utility 3, 4. DG x100 tour issue

Srixon zx7 5-7 DG X100 tour issue -1 degree loft

Srixon Z-Forged III 8-P X100 tour issue

TM MG3 52,56,60 (56, 60 TW Grind) S400 tour issue

GoodWood Customer Putter

2 hours ago, fishstix94 said:

Not a tester but I haven't had an issue yet

I’m not a tester either but when trying to play a round on rapsodo courses anything shorter than 10-15 yards just won’t register for me

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Just now, Coulter said:

I’m not a tester either but when trying to play a round on rapsodo courses anything shorter than 10-15 yards just won’t register for me

I had a similar problem.  I just kept hitting my shot until it did register.  Although I found myself hitting some stronger shots and ending up 20 yards past.

🙃

11 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I’ve had no issues getting it setup at home.  Biggest challenge was the uneven ground behind the mat at the range.

11 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

My yard is not overly level so it does take a minute but a leveling stand would help at my house. I might need to invest in one. First I need a new mat as my little one is torn to bits right now.

@TJ Hall and @ejgaudette I did a quick search on Google for "Top Rated Leveling Stand" and this one on Amazon popped up. Also looks like they have a few other different selections.

Leveling Stand.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

For @cnosil and anyone else who is interested…hit a few shots yesterday in the backyard in the 10-30 yard range.  It has to be set in “net” mode (“range” mode missed too many shots) even without the net.

I would say it is fairly accurate, carry distance maybe off a few yards.  Set it up with some white posts at 10 and 20 yards just as a marker (hard to see in the picture…and no comments about the lack of grass!).

IMG_5327.jpeg.7f1d502e0378599db24783956f5a5bed.jpeg 

Hit some more pitches tonight into the net…more to come on that.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

@TJ Hall and @ejgaudette I did a quick search on Google for "Top Rated Leveling Stand" and this one on Amazon popped up. Also looks like they have a few other different selections.

Leveling Stand.jpg

Thanks…I have this one in my Amazon cart right now…

IMG_5331.jpeg.3496fe88f9538efd521a11d3c7e92888.jpeg

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Pitching into a net this evening, no issues at all…the Rapsodo picked up every shot.

A little hard to tell accuracy with the net (generally more of a feel type inside 50 yards), but feel like the Rapsodo does a decent job…changes in swing speed and loft were reflected in the readings.

Used my LW:

IMG_5332.jpeg.fdc29ca6c233adc705cadda58f86e39b.jpeg

and SW:

IMG_5333.jpeg.57c4695ca0a9d7a8666634fcfe287eef.jpeg

Distance ranged from 5 yards out to 50 yards.

I just used “practice” mode for this, but the “target range” and “combines” might work as well (target has a minimum distance of 34 yards while combines has a minimum of 50 yards), but you could always pick your own distance in practice to hit to.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I had a similar problem.  I just kept hitting my shot until it did register.  Although I found myself hitting some stronger shots and ending up 20 yards past.

I started using a 60 and flopping anything around 20 yards. Seems to register better. 

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

5 hours ago, TKL702 said:

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and am lucky enough not to have disconnects or any problems like that. I hit in my garage and noticing that my distances are 10-20 yards short. Has anyone come up with ideas to help combat this?

The first couple of times I used it with a net I was seeing shorter distances as well.

At the range, I was seeing more realistic numbers.

Someone mentioned if the unit is lower than the ball it might give weird readings.  Last night I raised the Rapsodo up (stuck a board under it) and moved a bit farther away from the net and was seeing better numbers, still might be a bit low but closer.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

9 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Someone mentioned if the unit is lower than the ball it might give weird readings.  Last night I raised the Rapsodo up (stuck a board under it) and moved a bit farther away from the net and was seeing better numbers, still might be a bit low but closer.

That's true about the level of the unit, and distance is also important. I think the Rapsodo requires 8 feet behind the ball and 8+ from ball to net; my Garmin requires at least 7 feet in both directions, and more is better.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

6 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

That's true about the level of the unit, and distance is also important. I think the Rapsodo requires 8 feet behind the ball and 8+ from ball to net; my Garmin requires at least 7 feet in both directions, and more is better.

I have a leveling base coming this week (lesson learned from the super uneven ground at the range).

The book recommends 6.5-8.5’ from the Rapsodo to the ball and 8’ from the ball to the net.

IMG_5334.jpeg.2107d819fb5674db05017adf7cd1dba3.jpeg
The 6.5-8.5’ is fairly easy as the first setup step checks this.  I think I was just at 8’ during my first tries, was worried about missing the net!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Leveling Stand.jpg

This looks like a good one, though I think I found one spot that works but this would be helpful and might be needed at the range say.

No shots yesterday as I had similar weather to @Owengeorge13 but should be able to get out there today!

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I have a leveling base coming this week (lesson learned from the super uneven ground at the range).

The book recommends 6.5-8.5’ from the Rapsodo to the ball and 8’ from the ball to the net.

IMG_5334.jpeg.2107d819fb5674db05017adf7cd1dba3.jpeg
The 6.5-8.5’ is fairly easy as the first setup step checks this.  I think I was just at 8’ during my first tries, was worried about missing the net!

In the alignment view, putting the ball right in the box is about 6.5 feet behind. Anymore and you’re way out of that box. I tried setting up this morning outside of that box, about 8 ft away and was getting the same issue. Sound like it might be a hitting indoor syndrome. I’m going out to the range tonight to check distances and see if there are any changes.

thanks all for the advice!

11 minutes ago, TKL702 said:

In the alignment view, putting the ball right in the box is about 6.5 feet behind. Anymore and you’re way out of that box. I tried setting up this morning outside of that box, about 8 ft away and was getting the same issue. Sound like it might be a hitting indoor syndrome. I’m going out to the range tonight to check distances and see if there are any changes.

thanks all for the advice!

How far away is your net from the ball?  You might try adjusting that distance (longer) to see if that makes any difference.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

6’ behind the ball seems to be the correct distance in order to get the ball in the alignment area..but i feel that the video of my swing is cut off due to being too close (head of my club is always cut off in video).   My setup is on a level patio.  I have the Mlm2 as far back as possible, keeping the ball in the alignment zone. 

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

14 minutes ago, Fiveslow said:

6’ behind the ball seems to be the correct distance in order to get the ball in the alignment area..but i feel that the video of my swing is cut off due to being too close (head of my club is always cut off in video).   My setup is on a level patio.  I have the Mlm2 as far back as possible, keeping the ball in the alignment zone. 

I’ve only seen issues with the impact vision being cut off…IMG_5336.png.14c6ea9a194000544431524b603891c7.png

But this was more to do with left/right placement.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter