Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2024 Forum Review

Starting to put my thoughts together for the final review…should be done in the next couple of days.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Same here should have it done for the end of the week

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I got into the beta test for the updates and wow it's a big difference. the graphics are way improved and the multiplayer on courses works great! I also found out how to do a direct connection with my tablet while using my phone as a hotspot, since doing this I haven't had any dropped connections. 

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgDriver: Callaway Edge 10.5

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgFW: Callaway Edge 3W

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgHybrids: Callaway Apex 2H, AdamsGolf TightLies 4H, Callaway Edge 5H

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgIrons: Callaway Edge  5-PW 

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgWedges: Callaway Mack Daddy CB 52, 56, 60

default_odyssey-small.jpg.804c62d15d578bb5a4e994d2099cd3ef.jpgPutter: Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Ball: Kirkland Signature Performance+(Needed cheap balls to start again because I lose them so often)

Just enjoy life, it’s short

Forgive me guys, only read back a couple pages so far... do you guys have issues with the Rapsodo or the linked device overheating? I'll be using (whatever I buy) almost strictly outdoors and usually in the Texas heat. Phone or LM overheating is a concern of mine.

golf is fun

On 9/26/2024 at 7:23 PM, TJ Hall said:

Is that all of the data that you get with each shot, or is there more data with the R10?

More than that. That's just screenshot from the app of one portion of the data from each shot. Now granted, some of this is calculated instead of measured, but it gives you:

Total distance

Carry distance

Total deviation (meaning how far off center from your target in degrees)

Club speed

Ball speed

Launch angle

Launch direction

Smash factor 

Spin axis (which tells you draw or fade)

Spin rate

Total deviation in degrees

Plus the stuff in the screenshot.

If the number is calculated instead of measured, it is displayed in italics. The only calculated one on the shot I'm looking at as I type this is spin rate.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Forum tester for Newton Motion driver shaft, 2024

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

7 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Forgive me guys, only read back a couple pages so far... do you guys have issues with the Rapsodo or the linked device overheating? I'll be using (whatever I buy) almost strictly outdoors and usually in the Texas heat. Phone or LM overheating is a concern of mine.

I have had my phone (Google Pixel 7a) overheat during a Garmin session. Try to figure out some way to keep the phone in the shade and you should be fine. Since then, I've had sessions that were a lot warmer than the one where it overheated, without issue.

21 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

No issues so far but it did happen to me in the past with a Rapsodo MLM in the summer. It is best to keep the phone in the shade if possible.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Thanks for the feedback guys. It gets hot enough here to overheat your phone without it being in the sun. How many of you testers have been sucked into the launch monitor world and now plan on buying a more powerful/accurate/etc unit?

golf is fun

1 hour ago, KurtActual said:

My iPhone overheats unless I set up my wife’s pool stand umbrella. The rapsodo has still not overheated. So it’s at least more resilient than an iPhone 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

44 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

How many of you testers have been sucked into the launch monitor world and now plan on buying a more powerful/accurate/etc unit?

I'm thinking about it. I've enjoyed the Garmin, but at times I look at the readout after a shot and it bears no resemblance to what I actually hit. And I know that's gonna happen with a $600 monitor, but still. Also my indoor setup was wonky before I had to shut it down for the summer; too damn hot to be hitting balls in a closed garage, and leaving it open is not an option for various reasons. Thinking maybe Mevo+ or Bushnell. We'll see once I get the indoor setup restarted if it does any better.

44 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I'm thinking about it. I've enjoyed the Garmin, but at times I look at the readout after a shot and it bears no resemblance to what I actually hit. And I know that's gonna happen with a $600 monitor, but still. Also my indoor setup was wonky before I had to shut it down for the summer; too damn hot to be hitting balls in a closed garage, and leaving it open is not an option for various reasons. Thinking maybe Mevo+ or Bushnell. We'll see once I get the indoor setup restarted if it does any better.

Yeah that Bushnell has crossed my mind. Their non-golf business offers a significant military discount, but they did not respond when I messaged customer service about extending that to the golf products.

golf is fun

Yeah that Bushnell has crossed my mind. Their non-golf business offers a significant military discount, but they did not respond when I messaged customer service about extending that to the golf products.

Sign up for Expert Voice, they have massive discount for Bushnell Golf on there https://ps6av.app.goo.gl/CQZBfg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgDriver: Callaway Edge 10.5

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgFW: Callaway Edge 3W

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgHybrids: Callaway Apex 2H, AdamsGolf TightLies 4H, Callaway Edge 5H

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgIrons: Callaway Edge  5-PW 

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgWedges: Callaway Mack Daddy CB 52, 56, 60

default_odyssey-small.jpg.804c62d15d578bb5a4e994d2099cd3ef.jpgPutter: Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Ball: Kirkland Signature Performance+(Needed cheap balls to start again because I lose them so often)

Expert Voice also have pretty significant Rapsodo discounts if you are veteran/military

34 minutes ago, RemingtonR said:

Expert Voice also have pretty significant Rapsodo discounts if you are veteran/military

I ordered a Rapsodo MLM last week from ExpertVoice, and have been second guessing my purchase since! I think I'll be sending it back today when it shows up and will order the MLM2Pro. 

golf is fun

10 hours ago, KurtActual said:

Yes, issues with the phone (iPhone), not the Rapsodo.  First time I used it at the range, phone was sitting in direct sunlight (about 85 degrees) and my phone shutdown for temperature.  Let it sit for a bit and turned it back on.

A few weeks later, made sure it was in the shade of my bag with the same temperature with no issues.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 hours ago, KurtActual said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. It gets hot enough here to overheat your phone without it being in the sun. How many of you testers have been sucked into the launch monitor world and now plan on buying a more powerful/accurate/etc unit?

I started with a basic Mevo and I will say the Rapsodo blows it away.  I don’t have a permanent setup so the Rapsodo works well for what I need.

Definitely feel like I’ve missed out on being able to practice at home, this makes it much easier.

For the time being, don’t see myself upgrading to anything.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

9 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Of all the shots I’ve hit with the Rapsodo, only one has stood out as an outlier (on a range and said the ball went straight up in the air).

Everything else the shape has matched what I’ve expected (slice or hook) based on feel.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

8 hours ago, KurtActual said:

I ordered a Rapsodo MLM last week from ExpertVoice, and have been second guessing my purchase since! I think I'll be sending it back today when it shows up and will order the MLM2Pro. 

I’ve enjoyed using the MLM2Pro, with the phone overheating in direct sun, the MLM2Pro goes some flexibility on where the phone needs to be.

The MLM relies on the phone to capture video, so I think you would have issues with it overheating.

Let us know what you end up doing!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Heck…An iPhone/iPad will overheat and shut down in the sun when not using it.

Edited by Old New Golfer

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

8 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

Heck…An iPhone/iPad will overheat and shut down in the sun when not using it.

Yes it will, my wife had that problem at the beach and was not happy!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

I started with a basic Mevo and I will say the Rapsodo blows it away.  I don’t have a permanent setup so the Rapsodo works well for what I need.

Definitely feel like I’ve missed out on being able to practice at home, this makes it much easier.

For the time being, don’t see myself upgrading to anything.

@TJ Hall I bolded your comment, as I have followed this testing, and am looking forward to the thoughts of ALL the testers to see if this may be something I use "indoors" with a similar set-up to what you have at your house during the winter months here to keep swing in reasonable shape.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Anyone figure out how to get the mlm2 to read/identify woods, wedges or rescue clubs when switching between clubs?  I can get it do work for any numbered iron pretty easily  

I just found this function a few weeks ago, nice little feature. Sorry if it was covered previously.  

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

23 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

@TJ Hall I bolded your comment, as I have followed this testing, and am looking forward to the thoughts of ALL the testers to see if this may be something I use "indoors" with a similar set-up to what you have at your house during the winter months here to keep swing in reasonable shape.

I haven’t tried it in my garage, wife thinks her car is more important than golf…

I have used it in conditions that would be too hard to play on an actual course and had no issues picking up shots/swings.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, Fiveslow said:

Anyone figure out how to get the mlm2 to read/identify woods, wedges or rescue clubs when switching between clubs?  I can get it do work for any numbered iron pretty easily  

I just found this function a few weeks ago, nice little feature. Sorry if it was covered previously.  

I have had issues with it picking up my driver, but 3W through 60 picked up without issue (I do not have hybrids, but utility irons were no problem).

I give it a shot and then manually adjust on  the phone.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Are any of the testers finding it super laggy when starting a session on iPhone?

I’ve been having this issue for a while now and Rapsodo sent me a new unit but I’m still having the same issue where the app will pause for a really long time and not accept any button presses. 

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

52 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I have had issues with it picking up my driver, but 3W through 60 picked up without issue (I do not have hybrids, but utility irons were no problem).

I give it a shot and then manually adjust on  the phone.

I have had no luck w any woods.  Obviously its just as quick to change the club manually, But a useful feature i like. 

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

7 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Are any of the testers finding it super laggy when starting a session on iPhone?

I’ve been having this issue for a while now and Rapsodo sent me a new unit but I’m still having the same issue where the app will pause for a really long time and not accept any button presses. 

I’ve never had this issue.  Customer service didn’t have any ideas to what it could be if not the unit?

🙃

7 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I had some issues recently with the unit not seeming to be working quite right actually. The camera seemed to not be sending data or detecting shots as it was missing them constantly. I downloaded a firmware update and hoping that fixes it. Going to be giving that a check today before I finalize my review. Sorry to hear about your issues.

8 hours ago, rkj427 said:

I think this would be a fine unit for just using indoors. It has the advantage that the lighting will always be good and the unit will be level and easy to line up to ensure you are tracking spin. I have used it almost exclusively in net mode and have found the results to make sense and align with the range data and on course data.

9 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Have not seen this.  The only thing I’ve had is where the Rapsodo will drop the connection and just have to re-establish it and resume the session.

Is it the app on your phone itself that is freezing?  Wonder if it might be a phone issue.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter