Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Torque in shafts

Don't look now, but you still haven't answered my question or explained anything....again. Unfortunately, this is a common theme amongst those who think a single factor is behind their own enhanced prowess.

Judging by your eagerness to share your driving stats, I'm guessing you're itching to strip off into your speedos and rub yourself with baby oil too. Resist that urge please. Instead, try giving the forum some sort of reasoned response which demonstrates that torque is a critical factor in shaft selection.

I don't work for Paderson so I don't have the answer you are looking for, but what I am trying to point out is that nearly everyone who has hit this brand of shafts has seen a tighter shot pattern. It doesn't take any type of scientific theory or explanation. Can anyone explain it? Maybe. Do I care why I am producing faster ball speeds, better spin rate, better launch angle, and hitting it straighter? No, but I care that all those numbers are better.

So what I am trying to say and have been trying to say is this, this shaft works for me. Apparently it is working for others here. Will it work for you or anyone else? There isn't but one way to know, and that is to try it.

Sure you have questions, I had questions also. But I asked those questions after I hit the shaft to try and understand why I hit it better. Will I ever understand the full measure of the science behind it? Probably not. But will I ever doubt a company until I have proof that it does or does not work? Absolutely not.

If you have questions about how stuff works, instead of asking people on here to explain, go directly to the company and ask.

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

There you have it Mr. Theoo after 3 pages the answer is no. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

There you have it Mr. Theoo after 3 pages the answer is no. :)

Lol seems to be that way

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I agree. The numbers themselves don't mean squat from one shaft to the next if there's no standard way to measure it. But the difference in torque from one shaft to another plays a part in the feel and performance, not the biggest factor, but part of the equation anyway.

The bigger question is why, in 2015, has a standard for shaft classification and measurement never been created and applied to everyone?

I'll agree with that, having just migrated from a 2.9 Regular to a 5+ Stiff and seen better dispersion, distance and reliability.   Who knows anything anymore.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Torque isn't very useful in fittings. The more important factors? Weight, bend point, and overall stiffness. Torque is of very little importance in construction and selection where modern shafts are concerned. The only time one should remotely concern themselves with torque is if you have a real high swingspeed and a very aggressive transition.

That's a cliffnotes version of Wishon's explaination on torque.

That's what I was waiting to read right there, transition. Most folks don't need TJ worry abut torque, but there are a few of us who need low torque because of the quick aggressive transition

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived