Dustin Johnson Going to Nike?

evershady

Secret Tour Pro put out on Twitter that DJ was spotted using the Nike Vapor Pro and Nike VR Pro Blades with Nike Vapor Drivers and 3 metal. Last year he told us who was all going to be on the PXG team so should be pretty reliable. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I have figured for a while that taylormade couldn't afford the big 4 they have and that Nike would most likely be the company to get one of them because of their deep pockets.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The move makes sense to me. Nike seems to want to sign the athletic guys and DJ is definitely that. 

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

The move makes sense to me. Nike seems to want to sign the athletic guys and DJ is definitely that.

gotta agree, he fits the profile and they have the money. You never know maybe a change in gear is what he needs to bag that first major. I know the Nike putter has helped me a bunch lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I don't think it's just the athletes but it's also guys who are very good and do win. DJ has won a good amount and always seems to be in contention.

• Like 2

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

It's all about the money.

• Like 2

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

It's all about the money.

Its all about the money for DJ but not for Nike. I'm with Theo, their staff is small but good. A lot of young talent there and DJ would fit right in. Ppl always talk $hit about Nike but what if they sign a guy who has blown some majors, switches to them and finally closes one. All the sudden their now the company who fixed the guy. It would be a genius move on their part.

• Like 4

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

Its all about the money for DJ but not for Nike. I'm with Theo, their staff is small but good. A lot of young talent there and DJ would fit right in. Ppl always talk $hit about Nike but what if they sign a guy who has blown some majors, switches to them and finally closes one. All the sudden their now the company who fixed the guy. It would be a genius move on their part.

I agree with you. It's definitely a good move on their part. I'm a fan of Nike Golf even though I don't game their clubs. They have a great lineup of guys. They have the pockets for it and if they pay him enough he'll make the switch. He's Dustin Johnson, he'll play well regardless of what manufacturer's clubs he's playing.

I'm serious, watch him switch to the Nike putter and tap in that last putt for a major and demand will skyrocket! Undershooter30 has it right

• Like 3

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I'm serious, watch him switch to the Nike putter and tap in that last putt for a major and demand will skyrocket! Undershooter30 has it right

I'm not sold on that yet. I play a fair amount of golf with many different people. I've only played with one person that had a Nike club in their bag. A set of Slingshot irons. Again, not a knock against Nike in any way. Just my own experiences so far. I hope to see a lot more of their gear in bags in my area in the future.

I'm not sold on that yet. I play a fair amount of golf with many different people. I've only played with one person that had a Nike club in their bag. A set of Slingshot irons. Again, not a knock against Nike in any way. Just my own experiences so far. I hope to see a lot more of their gear in bags in my area in the future.

I don't game any Nike stuff as of now but I have and their stuff is good. The only thing slightly lacking is their driver tech. Irons wedges balls are all there. Metal woods are just shy. Not awful but not all the way there. Ppl don't play Nike bc they are stubborn. That's all. Fit me for a fully nike bag and I'd be the same golfer I am today. No doubt in my mind.

Seems like a great fit for the Nike team. To be honest anytime a big name player leaves TMAG it makes me happy.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I don't think switching woods and irons will be a big change for him. He need to find a putter that he doesn't lose confidence in down the stretch that will be the big difference. I don't remember his ball striking letting him down its almost always the putter.  

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

He might not switch putters right away. He plays a Scotty but he would have Dave Stockton to help him. He fixed Michelle wie and she got her major a couple of years ago.

Come down to TEXAS 

• Like 1

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

It makes sense but really has no impact on my game or buying choices. I continue to enjoy seeing Callaway guys and gals win using someone else's golf ball. Now that's fun. :)

Jack was my favorite player ever and I never considered MacGregor. I loved watching Tiger and have only even demo'd a Nike club once, I think it was the Sumo because there happened to be a demo day at the range that I went to. If there is one thing I've learned its that there are some great golfers on this planet and I'm not one of them.

However I do find a certain level of verification knowing that the brand of clubs or ball that I'm playing is being used on tour.

• Like 3

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I'm sure they'll be filming some pretty cool commercials with the two longest drivers on tour, Rory and Dustin. It's definitely an awesome lineup for Nike now and especially when Tiger makes his come back.

Maybe this will be the jump start Dustin needs to win a major!

He will switch because financially it will make sense for him, the reason he hasn't won a major yet has to do with the space between his ears. Not the clubs in his hands, Until that gets fixed he won't ever win a major.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

He will switch because financially it will make sense for him, the reason he hasn't won a major yet has to do with the space between his ears. Not the clubs in his hands, Until that gets fixed he won't ever win a major.

He also needs a new caddy. Having your brother on the bag is cool but that craps for pro ams. Not real tournaments.

He also needs a new caddy. Having your brother on the bag is cool but that craps for pro ams. Not real tournaments.

Yep, caddies play a huge part in your success, just ask Adam Scott, he won 2 times early in the year then dumped his caddie for Stevie at the Masters, haven't heard his name since.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind