What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Went to the Top Tracer range again.  The balls are all waterlogged.  Smacked one right out of the middle and it left a water splatter on the face.  So, just as I figured any data from there is useless.  Hit another 200 balls, trying to engrain the swing.  Also, I have really good hand eye coordination, so I am not sure why I have been trying to take my hands out of my game.  

I am going to start adding some of my wrist hinge earlier like I used to do.  It gets the club on plane instantly.  I’ve tried to be a “hitter” of the golf ball with the modern rotate like a crazy person.  That’s not my game.  I’m more of a golf club “swinger”.  I can’t rotate fast enough to make the modern way work.  Looks like I get to be in the Vijay, Ernie, Adam, and Seve club.  Not a bad group.

Coming off 2 weeks of not touching my clubs and a full month from my last lesson due to my wedding and honeymoon. Hit a few balls yesterday, hadn't hit that sharp of a pull hook in my life. Why does the swing go bad so fast lol?

Callaway mavrik driver and 3 wood

Taylormade sim 2 max os irons

Callaway CB mack daddy wedges

LAB DF 2.1 Putter 

Srixon Z star Diamond ball

Two and a half weeks after surgery (hernia repair) and I was able to make full swings yesterday 😃! I am considering changes in the shafts for my driver (tested a HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 50 in 5.5 flex) and hybrids (swapping regular flex Alta's for SR flex) and was able to do some testing yesterday.

Driver - My current Ping Webfit recommended senior flex shafts in every club except the driver, for which it recommended the Smoke Red RDX shaft in regular flex (in a G430 Max 10K head). I was able to find one for a good price on eBay and had an adapter for the G400 Max installed and cut such that the final length of the club would be 45.25" and big "+" setting, matching the recommended setup.  My dispersion appeared tighter that it had with the Alta CB SR flex shaft which I had been using, so  I have decided to go with this setup. 

Hybrids - My big concern is that with a softer shaft my dispersion, which is not that good, would worsen but it did not. Distance was somewhat longer (I checked the 5H with my PRGR) and trajectory was higher. I have likewise decided to switch out all three hybrids to the SR flex shaft. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB, or

Seemore FGP  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter.