Jump to content

What/How Did You Practice Today?


null

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Interlocking will remain on the 9-wedges as I have more spin control that way on shorter shots. Baseball grip is to gain distance and shot trajectory accuracy.  I'm excited to see how this "plays" out

I've noticed Lexi has 2 fingers interlocking with her grip, going to try it next time I'm hitting when the rain 🌧️ takes a break 😞 I watch her alot trying to see if it's just me seeing things but I was surprised and sat up to get a better look, anyone else noticed Lexi doing that. Her left thumb appears further down inside her right hand 🤔

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did some indoor putting this evening.

- 3 feet: 10/10 
- 6 feet: 9/10 
- 10 feet: 6/10

Overall it was a bit of a struggle…didn’t really feel too comfortable with the putter tonight for quite a while.

Started to get better towards the end…widen my stance a little and focused on keeping the upper body steady (think I was swaying a little in the beginning). 

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I've noticed Lexi has 2 fingers interlocking with her grip, going to try it next time I'm hitting when the rain 🌧️ takes a break 😞 I watch her alot trying to see if it's just me seeing things but I was surprised and sat up to get a better look, anyone else noticed Lexi doing that. Her left thumb appears further down inside her right hand 🤔

Looks like a standard interlock grip with long thumb to me based on pictures on getty images.  

 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Looks like a standard interlock grip with long thumb to me based on pictures on getty images.  

 

Jack Nicklaus said that a longer thumb means a longer swing and the shorter thumb (pulled in toward your palm ) gives you more control! Of course , he has only won 18 majors and placed second numerous times . Jacks still the man to me 🫵

Taylormade  Sim Max 10.5* Driver

                      Stealth-(2) 3 & 5 woods 

                      Stealth-(2)  3&4 Hybrids

Cobra            Forged Tec   5 - PW 

                       48*,54* & 60* Black Oxide Wedges

Oddysey        Tri-Hot Rossie putter

 

Bridgestone     BRX golf balls 

                      

                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Jack Nicklaus said that a longer thumb means a longer swing and the shorter thumb (pulled in toward your palm ) gives you more control! Of course , he has only won 18 majors and placed second numerous times . Jacks still the man to me 🫵

Lots of analysis on long versus short thumb.   Jack is a source; I prefer newer more analytical information based on what technology tells us as it occasionally disproves what pros are saying.  The ball flight laws is a key example.  

 

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couldn't get out as a single first thing this morning, so took the opportunity to head out first on the back nine and play 2 balls. 

Concentrated on commitment and finish. 

Hit the ball really well.

Playing the back nine before it gets set, means dewy greens and collapsed cups (not a crisp lip/edge). I had difficulty with the speed and line because of the dew and had a couple singe the edge which was compromised.

All in all, had a great hour and 35 minutes. Got in before the rain started and home ahead of things getting started around here.

Good warmup for a Monday round with the boys!!

Played this wonderful game for 53 years now. Still love it!

Callaway Guy

Rogue driver Reg shaft

Big Bertha 3 Metal

Callaway X-Hot Pro Hybrids 16 and 20 degree

Apex Pro Irons Graphite Shafts 4-A 

Callaway Mac Daddy 56 and 58 degree wedges 

Kayson Mallet 34" putter

 

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Lots of analysis on long versus short thumb.   Jack is a source; I prefer newer more analytical information based on what technology tells us as it occasionally disproves what pros are saying.  The ball flight laws is a key example.  

 

To some degree, I do agree with you about technology. If Jack Nicklaus played with today’s equipment,ball , and technology he would have had over 25 majors , I believe. He played with butter knife blades and egg -shaped balls for the most part .

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Sim Max 10.5* Driver

                      Stealth-(2) 3 & 5 woods 

                      Stealth-(2)  3&4 Hybrids

Cobra            Forged Tec   5 - PW 

                       48*,54* & 60* Black Oxide Wedges

Oddysey        Tri-Hot Rossie putter

 

Bridgestone     BRX golf balls 

                      

                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been stinking it up lately, hitting slices on my drives, which I have never done before. Had a theory that I was mostly turning my shoulders but not my hips. Worked on really using my legs to shift my hips, pushing first on my back, and then on the front to bring the club through. Well, it was a really good session. Did not hit a single slice, ball flight was almost always straight. Hit a few hooks when released my wrists early. Biggest issue was opening hips too far and pulling the ball to the left.

Shot dispersion:

IMG_3364.jpeg.60fc6d4684a13130e5ae9bb53d936868.jpeg

Love the birdie balls for practice.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice practice area!!!  Driver is something I am working on as well. I've just switched my grip and it has helped some, next is to work on getting the upper body to mesh better with the lower.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 42 (24 Feb 24) - After taking a break yesterday - spent some time with the 7i and hard foam balls in the backyard.  Focused on setup and coming through the ball.  Was a good quick break in the hectic day that was today.  

WITB? :taylormade-small:10.5deg SLDR (R flex),  :taylormade-small:3HL/17 SLDR Series (R flex),:taylormade-small: 5/19 SLDR Series (R flex), :taylormade-small: 4h/22 SLDR Series (R flex), :callaway-small: DIablo graphite shaft irons (5 (R flex), 6-PW (A flex)), :cleveland-small: CBX 50, 54,& 58 wedges - graphite, :odyssey-small: White Iron 5 putter.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Full swing - practiced grip and stance then very short and slow swings with the club head moving from set to just past my right (trail) foot then to just past impact. Did 10 each, right hand only, left hand only and both hands.

Putting: Mainly worked on setup and where my eyes are relative to the ball and line. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*) and 6H (30*) - Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 7i-UW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft

Sub70 286 52* - Recoil DART 75 F3 shaft

Cleveland CBX4 58* - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey TBD

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got out to the range today to spend some time with the Mevo and if you want to read about the experience, you can head over to the FlightScope thread to read about it. 

TLDR: I hit decently well with the short irons and woods, but got a case of the shanks with the 7 and 8 irons. I worked on ball position and attempted not to let my wrists break down at the top of the backswing with the fairway woods and driver and hit some decent shots. 

I got on the practice green for a bit since there's been a putter change in my bag. I decided to bench the Agera in favor of my 2 Ball. I did pretty good with it and the comfort of having the Odyssey back in the bag was wonderful.

I went to the chipping green and hit some stinkers until I noticed I was letting my body away back. I started keeping it still and was finally coping the ball like I know I can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out to the range today to spend some time with the Mevo and if you want to read about the experience, you can head over to the FlightScope thread to read about it. 

TLDR: I hit decently well with the short irons and woods, but got a case of the shanks with the 7 and 8 irons. I worked on ball position and attempted not to let my wrists break down at the top of the backswing with the fairway woods and driver and hit some decent shots. 

I got on the practice green for a bit since there's been a putter change in my bag. I decided to bench the Agera in favor of my 2 Ball. I did pretty good with it and the comfort of having the Odyssey back in the bag was wonderful.

I went to the chipping green and hit some stinkers until I noticed I was letting my body away back. I started keeping it still and was finally coping the ball like I know I can. 

Keep plugging away my friend !

Taylormade  Sim Max 10.5* Driver

                      Stealth-(2) 3 & 5 woods 

                      Stealth-(2)  3&4 Hybrids

Cobra            Forged Tec   5 - PW 

                       48*,54* & 60* Black Oxide Wedges

Oddysey        Tri-Hot Rossie putter

 

Bridgestone     BRX golf balls 

                      

                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...