TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

What/How Did You Practice Today?

The What ....  walloped a bucketfull at the frozen range, if only from feeling embarrassed knowing a fellow Sooke was out practicing early in yesterdays hard frost. 😡

Learning into the bargain the good reason he's a scratch golfer.

The How ....  began hitting a new-but-used driver (MXD 200?) so clean I was in shock.  Pretty similar success with the older Cleveland HiBore irons, but their wedges will remain a work in progress (52* wedge is stamped with a D why?).   Only 10% shots were horrors, which for me is immense, never had a better day there. 

The Whoop .... On the way home gotta text saying our 9hole par3 local course will open for play March23rd!!

The golf Gods smiled a little today. 

Yesterday afternoon, I was able to work on ball striking with my new swing. Really trying to keep my trail elbow close to my body during the backswing. On my shorter irons, it feels really good. On my long irons and woods, it still feels a little funky. However, when I put the chalk on the 8 iron, I took one swing and got rewarded with this beauty. This is like love at first sight! 08fbd9fb9a46da38960b913f5ca8b7df.jpg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Day 46 (28 Feb 24) - Today was more of the bump and run drills with the 7i along with chips with the 50* wedge.  Focused on a slightly open stance (i.e. foot alignment) to better fly / roll the ball on line to the pin/target.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Living in the northeast cant really practice outside, but with that being said got practice out in the snow. ( found this helps with bunker shots) but also hit about 10-20 putts from 9-3 ft from each distance. Hoping this helps to eliminate the dreaded 3 putt

Mizuno ST200 kuro kage 60g stiff flex midsize grips

PingG425 3hybird 20 degree alta cb 70g stiff flex  

4-G Mizuno JPX921 Tours KBS $-TAPER 130

56 Degree bombtech midsize grip 

60 degree 04L Titleist BV SM7

ODYESSEY White ICE 1 340g WINN pistol grip

I've not considered using the snow piles in my yard to practice my bunker shots. I have confidence in the sand but will give the snow a chance. I'm sure I will have opportunities between now and spring here in Denver!

WITB - Callaway Epic Flash woods, 2019 Apex irons, Mizuno T-Zoid wedges, Ping Anser putter

Last nights practice, the theme was challenges. 

Started with hitting my 60° and 8 iron without a glove. This was interesting, I was hitting it pretty well for me, and it seems to keep me from getting too handsy.

IMG_2391.png.df5087408419cd8c05d985491b4a273e.png

Next I played two sim rounds. First was a short 9-hole par 3 course where I played two balls: first ball - my normal full swing club, second ball - clubbed up once. Also if I didn’t hit the green I tried to use that same club to finish. Normal ended up +3, and clubbing up +6. Minus one hole this was really close, and the clubbed up easy swing was better in some cases. Helpful to remind me of the options I have for shots.

Finally, I played a sim round vs a “ghost round” of myself. Hadn’t used this feature before, but I like it a lot and it was interesting to see how different my game was on my past PB. Played Portland Golf Club from the forward tees (Par 72, 6112yds, 69.9/138) and shot 90 (44 out, 46 in) beating my ghost round by 4 strokes. Wasn’t driving very well at all, but my iron play is much improved since getting the new irons. 

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

In the winter, my daughters and I like to play a putting game. WE start at 3' and have 3 rounds of 10 putts. We track how many they make each round. Winner of each round gets a quarter. Winner of all 3 rounds gets a dollar. We repeat this in 1 foot increments to 8' It get s expensive but it is fun.  I like it because it is adding a little pressure to their putts. 

Tomorrow we will do speed work and long clubs on the simulator.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

Hit about 30 balls practicing my short game from 30 yards in. It went well the 60* and 56* are coming along nicely.

Does anyone have recommendations on what kind of ball to use when your irons create a lot of spin?

WITB:

D: Callaway Rogue ST MAX 10.5°

3w:  Mizuno ST190

5w: Wilson D9

3h:  Taylormade M2 19°

6i-GW:  Callaway Rogue ST MAX  

56° & 60°:  Callaway MD5 JAWS

P:    Seemore M7

Ball:   Titlelist Tourspeed or Vice Pro Soft or Snell MTB Prime X

Bag:  Greyson x Jones Trouper R stand bag 

4 minutes ago, jimbobilbo said:

Does anyone have recommendations on what kind of ball to use when your irons create a lot of spin?

Lower spinning that what?   

I'd suggest looking here and finding your ball and then what spins lower:  https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-balls/2023-golf-ball-test/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Took it out to the range today. Solid connections with each club running through 9i-5i, 3 shots a piece, then 3 driver shots with the Qi10. Rinse and repeat. Last 15-20 balls spent playing the range like a course. Teeing off, to approach(es) and getting onto the "green". Rinse and repeat. Headed over to the chipping area and practiced bump and runs for 20 minutes. Started to see more success with my 52* as I try to filter out the feeling that I "need" my 60* around the green. Slowly getting there. On the putting green, much to my dismay, putts anywhere 10 ft in were just not there today. The reads were not terrible, but my distance control was not there. And I actually switched my grip to more of a full finger pinch with the left hand and same hand position as before with the right. Saw marked improvements but could be a hoax. Anything outside of 10 ft was getting within good radius of the cup and I was pretty satisfied with the distance from there with the new grip style. Going to try this out a bit more but could be promising.

Cold again today, so inside it is. 

Full Swing - Setup and short swings through impact; RH, LH then both hands 10-each. Focused on leg movement. 

Putting - 10/10 through a 5.5cm gate 11" in front of the ball on 4' putts.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*) and 6H (30*) - Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 7i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft

Sub70 286 48* and 52* - Recoil DART 75 F3 shaft

Cleveland CBX4 58* - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Went to the simulator for a little driving range session. Started with a warmup and then moved into longer iron practice with the 5i and 6i. I was working on keeping my back straight with a "butt-back" swing thought. It went pretty well and I had fairly consistent contact. The only thing was that I was missing about 15 yards right. No slice, just a push right.

Then I moved into a driver comparison between my gamer, PXG Gen 4 0811X and my new Cobra LTDx. The LTDx was about 1 yard longer carry, 4 yards longer total and the dispersion was MUCH tighter. I felt like the LTDx was easier to swing than the PXG.

PXGvsLTDxdispersion02-28-24.jpg.06ee14bcf95a759282b8450b6cbb76e3.jpg

WITB:

Driver:  PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.pngGen4 0811X (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_35px.png.0d6d0e557d5c18a58903aaf05ed572ff.png3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:  Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png  286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:  Vice_logo.png.729a77999807d43babe4f3f658d6165c.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_35px.png.20ce36ace6486597a4b0794c46c1fd5c.pngTour S

Pushcart: clicgear_logo.png.44ad85f06b123725c8fca94cb49899a3.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Day 47 (29 Feb 24) - Leap day golf, well it was not some special round.  My son and I played the local course today, was pretty quiet, so we had a good boring pace. Solid (for me) 40 front, 41 back for 81 (9 over par).  Hit 7 of 18 greens in regulation plus another 6 nGIR (a personal best) - putting was either hot or cool (bogie 3 putted twice!).  Out of those 13 holes, came away with 7 pars and 1 birdie.  A fun day for sure! 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Haven't posted in a while but have been practicing! Putting on the basement mat mostly, but on any given day a mix of also wedges into the garage net, swinging the Orange Whips or a tempo trainer, or occasionally a heavy-light combo of swing speed trainers. Also been exercising a bunch to get into better condition and build more strength vs last year!

On 2/10/2024 at 2:36 PM, THE GOLF GUY said:

I feel like the better I putt the less stress I may have on my up and downs , in turn my iron play improves , and last but not least my tee shots improve. I think that working from the green back to the tee in that order is the fastest way to play better

.. and on the other end of the player spectrum totally agree with this!!

Spending a lot of time on putting and short game in general has helped me to .. slightly (WIP work in progress) .. reduce the number of shots I'm throwing away... Last year spent a lot of time working on driver which had been, by far, the weakest part of my game. 

On 2/11/2024 at 3:37 AM, Bangsuk said:

Which comes first? Is it tempo/speed or is it the line? 

imho, speed. You can miss your line a little but with good speed leave yourself a less than 3-footer, or even a tap-in.
.. vs obsessing over line and maybe hitting with the wrong speed and the ball goes way long or stops way short .. either way possibly leaving you a difficult second putt...

On 2/11/2024 at 4:07 PM, barney_bogey said:

Instead of buying a $90 training aid, I made one for Free.99

Nice! Love DIY training aids. Maybe put a pool noodle, or foam pipe wrap, over it?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, jimbobilbo said:

Hit about 30 balls practicing my short game from 30 yards in. It went well the 60* and 56* are coming along nicely.

How much spin are you trying to take off.

the other thing is to fix the swing issues causing the spin. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

More putting work today.   Worked on square setup, aiming at 6 foot target, making a stroke to roll the ball where aimed, and having good rhythm.   Feeling good about where my stroke is currently.   Probably need to make some lie/length changes to the putter.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, jbern said:

Went to the simulator for a little driving range session. Started with a warmup and then moved into longer iron practice with the 5i and 6i. I was working on keeping my back straight with a "butt-back" swing thought. It went pretty well and I had fairly consistent contact. The only thing was that I was missing about 15 yards right. No slice, just a push right.

Then I moved into a driver comparison between my gamer, PXG Gen 4 0811X and my new Cobra LTDx. The LTDx was about 1 yard longer carry, 4 yards longer total and the dispersion was MUCH tighter. I felt like the LTDx was easier to swing than the PXG.

That LTDx is nice!  Could play that all day long.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

A out 30 minutes of driver practice and 60⁰ practice total. Had to get those short game yips from yesterday out of my system. Seemed to work too! (See how did you play thread)

Also, the baseball grip for 7i to driver is really going well for me. I've gained a little bit of distance, but the biggest difference is I've stopped hitting so many slices. I've worked on a few things in conjunction with it as well in the mechanics too.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Haven't posted in a while but have been practicing! Putting on the basement mat mostly, but on any given day a mix of also wedges into the garage net, swinging the Orange Whips or a tempo trainer, or occasionally a heavy-light combo of swing speed trainers. Also been exercising a bunch to get into better condition and build more strength vs last year!

Nice! Love DIY training aids. Maybe put a pool noodle, or foam pipe wrap, over it?

Funny my coach said to do the same. I thought the threat of impaling your hands was part of the motivation!

Jokes aside, that's a good idea.

Cheers

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

4 hours ago, jbern said:

It doesn’t matter what the name says if you love the results !

It’s kinda of like my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 versus Ping Anser . The Scotty putts good and the feel is actually better but day in and day out The Ping outperforms hands down.

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright /9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 & 9 woods   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

That LTDx is nice!  Could play that all day long.

Exactly what I was thinking! Non of those would’ve gone OB or in a hazard. 

26 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

It doesn’t matter what the name says if you love the results !

Still more testing to do, but I’m liking what I’m seeing from the LTDx so far!

WITB:

Driver:  PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.pngGen4 0811X (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_35px.png.0d6d0e557d5c18a58903aaf05ed572ff.png3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:  Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png  286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:  Vice_logo.png.729a77999807d43babe4f3f658d6165c.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_35px.png.20ce36ace6486597a4b0794c46c1fd5c.pngTour S

Pushcart: clicgear_logo.png.44ad85f06b123725c8fca94cb49899a3.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

On 2/13/2024 at 10:05 AM, cnosil said:

Sitting on the sofa has been a bit boring so I picked up the putter and hit a few putts.    While I have been laid up I have been reading up on putting skills so I worked on improving core skills.  Worked on:

• aim 
  • stroke rhythm
  • starting the ball where aimed

Also part of this is recognizing when something wasn't done correctly.  Basically post putt analysis.  

Basic and effective!

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright /9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

I worked on putting first , 5 footers until  I made 10 out of 10 , 10 footers until I made 5 out of 10 , 20 footers for tempo and direction and a bonus if they went in . 

Then headed to the range and hit wedges up to an 8 iron 

I’m feeling a lot better about my irons !

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Did manage that range session before everything turned stormy and colder. I worked specifically on driver and trying to just hit it towards the target. I may have been extending my arms too far away from my body and swiping at the ball. I'm still working on the swing itself but at least I was hitting a few in a row straight before a mishit.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

18 hours ago, jimbobilbo said:

In general, lower compression balls tend to be  lower spin than their counterparts.  For instance, Pro V1 is spins less than Pro V1X.  The AVX  is an excellent choice as well. Personally, I really like the Srixon XV. It isn't the longest ball out there but I like the spin profile it gives me off of longer clubs while maintaining a lot of green side control.

Having said all that, you really need to Check out the MGS Ball test and buyers guide. Your question is a big one and there are a lot of factors that you need to consider and then probably test for yourself. Your swing speed, delivery, course conditions, budget, etc. all will play a role in your decision. 

Edited by Barley Spargewater
I am borderline illiterate.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

13 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

I worked on putting first , 5 footers until  I made 10 out of 10 , 10 footers until I made 5 out of 10 , 20 footers for tempo and direction and a bonus if they went in . 

Then headed to the range and hit wedges up to an 8 iron 

I’m feeling a lot better about my irons !

i really like that routine, might try it today, on the putting anyway... 

committed to performance excellence

13 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Same spot for each distance or random spots and breaks?  Wondering if your were working on stroke/aim skills or f you were adding reading skills as well 

Edited by cnosil

Outside today. 

Full Swing - Short swings through the impact area, lead hand, trail hand then both. Ten balls each, focusing on leg action and contact.

Pitching - Ten-yard pitches with a SW (7:30 to 4:30) about 15, focusing on tempo and contact.

Putting - Inside on my PuttOUT mat; 4' putts with my lead hand, trail hand then both hands. Make 10-putts each; focusing on keeping the putter face square through impact. I've decided to switch to arm lock putting this season and so need to focus of grip stance and putter motion. So far I'm finding that it is much better for line than my conventional stroke, but distance control needs work. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*) and 6H (30*) - Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 7i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft

Sub70 286 48* and 52* - Recoil DART 75 F3 shaft

Cleveland CBX4 58* - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Same spot for each distance or random spots and breaks?  Wondering if your were working on stroke/aim skills or f you were adding reading skills as well 

Now that you are asking, I generally read greens very well, so I don’t work on that so much. What I do work on the most  ,is hitting the ball with the center of the putter, pace and  tempo . Then work on starting my ball out on an immediate target first (16 inches in front of the ball) to the break if any . 

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS