Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What are you working on?

TSauer

Simply keeping the club face square at address. It's amazing how much setup can affect the rest up your swing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My instructor always is reminding me--grip and posture, grip and posture.    My instructor also keeps me grounded to the fact that I am old, and I am not going to out drive or use the same clubs as the young bucks.   While we have not abandoned the effort for a bit more distance, we concentrate on my short game-the great equalizer.   So while the young bucks continue the effort to drive a ball 300 yards, I concentrate on hitting fairways and getting up and down.   I love it when the young bucks can't figure out how an old coot beat them.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to work on iron consistency. If I can double my greens hit, I can probably lower my scores by a few shots. I only hit 4-5 per round, but I am usually 12-14 fairways hit. If I can get to 8-10 greens a round it could save 4-5 strokes I think, maybe more.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I need to work on iron consistency. If I can double my greens hit, I can probably lower my scores by a few shots. I only hit 4-5 per round, but I am usually 12-14 fairways hit. If I can get to 8-10 greens a round it could save 4-5 strokes I think, maybe more.

I'm doing the same. My group of friends/coworkers hit the range on Thursdays after work for buckets and beers. We let people call out flags and play minigames to see who can get closest with 3 balls. The good thing for us is that there are like 15 flags on the range, so there are a multitude of angles and slight distance differences. I found that deliberate practice is helping me a lot more than just shotgunning ball after ball.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Just trying to hit the ball airborne.And get confidence back.Both of these elements of my game are totally in the dumps

You and me both my friend! I'm just trying to find some consistency in my game. Right now it seems like I have 14 different swings and the only one working is the putter or those things closely related - chipping.

My practice session showed some promise for the first time in forever yesterday. Let's see how that translates to today.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You and me both my friend! I'm just trying to find some consistency in my game. Right now it seems like I have 14 different swings and the only one working is the putter or those things closely related - chipping.

My practice session showed some promise for the first time in forever yesterday. Let's see how that translates to today.

nice response Rev Kev.Im almost used to hitting miserable shots now each outing.But a good one here or there really is a great sight for me to witness.I thought about taking another long break from this infuriating and humbling game.But I so enjoy just being outside and enjoy the scenery of a well kept golf course.

Keep it in the short stuff

It seems like a lot of us are struggling with consistency. I've been fighting it since the season started. I've shot anywhere from 78 to 95 this year.... all over the place. Just when I think I have a handle on it, the next round is a disaster.

How does one go about becoming consistent again? How do you "work on" consistency when your entire game is inconsistent? My problem isn't just one part of the game..... it's driver to putter.

It seems like a lot of us are struggling with consistency. I've been fighting it since the season started. I've shot anywhere from 78 to 95 this year.... all over the place. Just when I think I have a handle on it, the next round is a disaster.

How does one go about becoming consistent again? How do you "work on" consistency when your entire game is inconsistent? My problem isn't just one part of the game..... it's driver to putter.

Personally, if you have a sound swing, I think the only way to become more consistent is practice

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

IMO, you should focus on one part. Practice that part of your game over and over again until you can do it in your sleep. Golf has a lot to do with muscle memory, so repetition is best. Once you get that part under control and you can consistently hit fairways, greens, make putts/chips, or whatever it may be, move on to the next part of your game.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Golf by nature is not a game of consistency for amateurs and pros alike.  Many factors affect how we play each day.  The difference between amateurs and pros is our ability to forget and move on.  Pros have to forget before the next shot or they are likely done in a tournament.  Amateurs tend to hold on to the bad shots longer, and that can affect a variety of shots in a round.  

Example:  I hit a bad tee shot... that puts pressure on my next shot so I attempt something I really shouldn't and maybe my swing gets a little quick... now I'm scrambling to get up and down and I don't.  Do that a couple of times, and now I have lost confidence in my short game.  

When I play a good round, I have more shots that come off like I want, so I have confidence that carries over hole after hole.  I wish I had a great way to absolutely forget the last hole and start over, but I remember everything.  Dang it!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Keeping the backswing on plane. I find if my backswing is in good shape it's hard to hit a bad shot. From a good position, all you have to do is let go.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Keeping the backswing on plane. I find if my backswing is in good shape it's hard to hit a bad shot. From a good position, all you have to do is let go.

I try to focus on setup and backswing the most now as well. Seems like when those two are right, the other part is mostly muscle memory, and the only time I have a really bad shot is when I don't deliver the clubhead properly. That, for me is mainly a tempo thing. So if I setup, and takeaway properly, generally I'm having much more success!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'm working on making a square club face part of my pre shot routine. I have a tendency to set my clubs at address with an open face.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm doing the same. My group of friends/coworkers hit the range on Thursdays after work for buckets and beers. We let people call out flags and play minigames to see who can get closest with 3 balls. The good thing for us is that there are like 15 flags on the range, so there are a multitude of angles and slight distance differences. I found that deliberate practice is helping me a lot more than just shotgunning ball after ball.

i really need to hit 9, pw, and my 3 wedges. Those are what I struggle with, I think I have been a little too close to the ball. My distance is right on, but everything is a little left (left handed), by being too close I feel like I'm getting stuck in the follow through and can't clear my front side out of the way in order for my arms to come through which is causing the ball to come out to the left and stay there.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Working on my driver - the most inconsistent club in my bag

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Now that I'm striking the ball much better on a consistent basis I'm having to relearn my distances for my irons. That and now that it's warmer the ball is travelling a lot further. Been a fun and frustrating challenge to sort out as it makes the course feel different. So off to the range and see how everything is flying!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Working on ball striking. Need to hit more greens.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Took a cart out to our practice 4 hole course.Drove to the 150 marker and hit about 20 6 irons.Only one stinking ball was on the green.Rest were extreme left-right and few short from tops and fats.Continued this trend for the last 3 holes of the practice facility.Became so upset and infuriated that I threw my 6 iron in haste.Than I screamed at the top of my lungs "Help-Damnt HELP".I never felt so ashamed of my actions like this in a long long time.Im thinking a nice long break from golf may be in my future

Took a cart out to our practice 4 hole course.Drove to the 150 marker and hit about 20 6 irons.Only one stinking ball was on the green.Rest were extreme left-right and few short from tops and fats.Continued this trend for the last 3 holes of the practice facility.Became so upset and infuriated that I threw my 6 iron in haste.Than I screamed at the top of my lungs "Help-Damnt HELP".I never felt so ashamed of my actions like this in a long long time.Im thinking a nice long break from golf may be in my future

It may seem like it'll suck now, but sometimes taking a season off from a sport can help. Can also reignite the passion when you get back at it.

It may seem like it'll suck now, but sometimes taking a season off from a sport can help. Can also reignite the passion when you get back at it.

Ideas and feels I've had aren't working.Infact nothing is working.Really wanted to pull out what little hair I have left.My clubs are in the trunk.Dont even want to look at them

Ideas and feels I've had aren't working.Infact nothing is working.Really wanted to pull out what little hair I have left.My clubs are in the trunk.Dont even want to look at them

I felt the same way a couple years ago when it came to bowling. I started to decline a little bit a few seasons in a row but in 2015 I hit an all time low. Nothing worked for me, felt like my game was falling apart by the week. Now I work shift work so I can't join a league or anything, but I've subbed on a few friends teams over the winter and it feels like a whole new beginning for me having been out of it and one year of not even looking at my bag.

Had my first Golftec lesson today. He said my grip was good, my posture was ok, he'd like to see me a tad taller (I'm 6'5") even with irons 1/2 over I still hunch over a bit.

So we spent 90% of the time working on my lack of a shoulder turn. This is something I have felt in my swing, but seeing it on video with the degree id turn listed compared to where it used to me was quite shocking. No wonder I've lost 30 to 50 yards on the driver and 20 to 30 yards per iron.

I really like their system and the numbers it gives you and the way he was able to increase my shoulder turn from 79* when I walked in to 87 to 89* after some work. The biggest thing for me is now I know what an 85* shoulder turn feels like. That's the minimum he would like to see.

Sure I felt out of whack and didn't produce great shots right away as it is so much differnwt than where I was coming from before.

I'm thinking hard about the lesson/practice pack. I like the instructor. But it is kinda pricey. But nothing good or worthwhile usually comes cheap.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Had my first Golftec lesson today. He said my grip was good, my posture was ok, he'd like to see me a tad taller (I'm 6'5") even with irons 1/2 over I still hunch over a bit.

So we spent 90% of the time working on my lack of a shoulder turn. This is something I have felt in my swing, but seeing it on video with the degree id turn listed compared to where it used to me was quite shocking. No wonder I've lost 30 to 50 yards on the driver and 20 to 30 yards per iron.

I really like their system and the numbers it gives you and the way he was able to increase my shoulder turn from 79* when I walked in to 87 to 89* after some work. The biggest thing for me is now I know what an 85* shoulder turn feels like. That's the minimum he would like to see.

Sure I felt out of whack and didn't produce great shots right away as it is so much differnwt than where I was coming from before.

I'm thinking hard about the lesson/practice pack. I like the instructor. But it is kinda pricey. But nothing good or worthwhile usually comes cheap.

I'm on the fence about taking lessons there. Gonna take a couple lessons from the pro at my course first and see where I am after that

I'm on the fence about taking lessons there. Gonna take a couple lessons from the pro at my course first and see where I am after that

Yeah. It's definitely something I have to give thought to price wise. But it would most likely be a wiser investment than another set of irons and driver. Ha

One thing that was a big positive for me. He was able to show me in one lesson what my biggest power drain is and how to work on improving it. I took two lessons from an instructor last year that wasn't able to diagnose and or communicate that to me.

I'd like to hear more from people who have gone with a 3 or 6 month plan. To see how they felt about it. I'll post this back in the GolfTec thread to see.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah. It's definitely something I have to give thought to price wise. But it would most likely be a wiser investment than another set of irons and driver. Ha

One thing that was a big positive for me. He was able to show me in one lesson what my biggest power drain is and how to work on improving it. I took two lessons from an instructor last year that wasn't able to diagnose and or communicate that to me.

I'd like to hear more from people who have gone with a 3 or 6 month plan. To see how they felt about it. I'll post this back in the GolfTec thread to see.

I have taken one lesson and (so far) my course pro is an awesome teacher, really talks in ways I understand and worked on a few things. Still haven't gone back because I'm still working on the two issues(?) with my swing. When I was doing them properly, ball was dead straight. Tough to break bad habits

Archived