Jump to content

Weight Loss Thread


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

48 minutes ago, MattF said:

I don't even want to weigh myself, not that I've been over eating but I don't see any results.

I didn't want to weigh myself because I've been snacking way too much while stuck at home, but I've only put on ~3.5 lbs since this all started. I assume I'm losing muscle mass. I feel like I'm going to end up like a Wall-E character if this goes on too much longer. Off to Amazon to find a hover-recliner.

  • Haha 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My only suggestion is one that works for everyone every time. It's not in a book, seen on TV, or the web. Doesn't require any special shopping or meal plan subscriptions. You can eat any food you like

I'm in. I'll avoid shirtless posts, but I assume bottomless are still ok.

Alrighty! These quests always work better when there's a group and there's a little friendly competition involved. I know I don't want to be the guy who actually gains weight during this challenge...

Posted Images

I actually weighed in at 3.6 more today than yesterday but I enjoyed every last bite of my Easter dinner. This afternoon’s round in 90 degree heat will take care of most of that weight.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a couple of weeks ago I posted that I was trying to lose weight and get in shape for an upcoming trip to Ireland and Scotland.  As I feared the trip got canceled yesterday.  Hopefully we can do the same trip next year around the same time.  I’m down 33 pounds now from the start of my weight loss program.  I’m going to keep it going despite my trip being put on hold.  My challenge now is to come up with a different goal and modify my time frame to achieve it.  I’m having success and want to stay motivated.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Well a couple of weeks ago I posted that I was trying to lose weight and get in shape for an upcoming trip to Ireland and Scotland.  As I feared the trip got canceled yesterday.  Hopefully we can do the same trip next year around the same time.  I’m down 33 pounds now from the start of my weight loss program.  I’m going to keep it going despite my trip being put on hold.  My challenge now is to come up with a different goal and modify my time frame to achieve it.  I’m having success and want to stay motivated.

I remember your earlier post on this. Missing your trip sucks, but being down 33 pounds is impressive. As you noted, staying motivated to continue is the challenge. Sorry I can’t help with suggesting a goal, since I don’t have much success in that department. My problem was whenever I set a goal and reached it I would start back sliding. Now what once were goals I now view as milestones: noted, celebrated and then move on. Currently I am working on maintaining flexibility and increasing endurance so I can walk the course when it reopens. A little increase in club speed would be a bonus as well. Good luck!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I utilized noom to drop weight.  I'm currently down 42 pounds in 4 months.  My goal is to lose the weight, then work on some strength training and flexibility exercises.  I never thought I'd be getting close to HS weight

  • Like 3

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep hearing that people have gained weight during the COVID crises. Our Safer at home orders began on March 16th. So I went back and checked. My fitness program requires daily weigh ins - my goal when I started was to get below 168 - my college baseball playing weight.

It took me 9 months but a went from 209 to below 168 - I’ve gotten down to between 164 and 166. I currently reside at 166-168 - on March 16th I weighed 167.6, today I weighed in at 167.3.

I think I’ve succeeded in no longer using food to relieve stress.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, revkev said:

I keep hearing that people have gained weight during the COVID crises. Our Safer at home orders began on March 16th. So I went back and checked. My fitness program requires daily weigh ins - my goal when I started was to get below 168 - my college baseball playing weight.

It took me 9 months but a went from 209 to below 168 - I’ve gotten down to between 164 and 166. I currently reside at 166-168 - on March 16th I weighed 167.6, today I weighed in at 167.3.

I think I’ve succeeded in no longer using food to relieve stress.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am not there yet, since I really enjoy cooking and the more time I have on my hands the more elaborate the meal. We started working from home on March 14 and I am up 8 pounds as of today, and have started the journey back down to my ideal weight. Having the courses re-open here this week has given me the motivation to get back to my routine, but with gym facilities still closed getting my usual summer workout routine going hasn’t started. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is awesome. I started trying to lose weight back around Thanksgiving and did really well until I hit a rough patch. I was down 31 pounds. I've only put about 7 back on but I'm hitting it hard again. Time to get back to a healthy weight and seeing all the success in here is going to help me get there!

  • Like 4

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went a bit old school and I’m trying a jump rope routine to shed the extra weight I’ve put on since college. Currently after and COVID I’m down 15.5 pounds! The beauty of this thing is that I can jump anywhere so the gym closures didn’t affect me.good luck to everyone else in this thread on your goals!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

Went a bit old school and I’m trying a jump rope routine to shed the extra weight I’ve put on since college. Currently after and COVID I’m down 15.5 pounds! The beauty of this thing is that I can jump anywhere so the gym closures didn’t affect me.good luck to everyone else in this thread on your goals!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Anybody who thinks the Super Stick non-dominant side training makes them feel uncoordinated hasn't see me try to jump rope. I thought it would be an excellent cardio workout, until I started lashing myself with the rope! 🤣 Good for you, though, there is nothing wrong with old school that works.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anybody who thinks the Super Stick non-dominant side training makes them feel uncoordinated hasn't see me try to jump rope. I thought it would be an excellent cardio workout, until I started lashing myself with the rope! 🤣 Good for you, though, there is nothing wrong with old school that works.


Oh man, that putter to the ankle bone only slightly edges a 1/2 pound rope whipping you in the back such pain!! Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to workout every shift at work. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't because of the call volume. The firehouse I'm in only has a stationary bike and I made a sled out of hose that failed pressure testing. I've been doing my best to do 16 hour fasts and I feel pretty good along with my meal size has gone down doing so. I haven't been able to do a weight check due to my scale not working anymore. I also try to walk my dogs before my day shifts at least a mile and a half with hopes of starting to run at some point. My goal is still 250 and I believe I've remained under 300 which is good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When all this crazy COVID stuff started, I decided to go Keto. It's been a journey for sure. I'm down 19 pounds, I stopped snoring, I'm not sore when I get out of bed, and just overall feel SIGNIFICANTLY better. 

  • Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

Link to post
Share on other sites

i did Keto for 3 months, it was awesome! I am on another lifestyle change right now on my weightloss journey that is more effective. Have lost 40lb overall over the last year. I def had tons of energy on keto, thats why i liked it, but it was hard being the only one in a family of 3 (wife and child) on the diet and my wife does not like meat, fat or oil. So i switched to only eating from 6pm to 10 pm and drink tons of water, so far on it i am down over 25lb. I eat better for me food and veggies, but dont limit myself. Im also 6'5" so i dont look what i weigh according to everyone i tell how much i do. Was 360lb probably at about 320-315 now or lower, i dont weigh myself until i go to a monthly Dr appointment. My xxl golf shirts are almost within my reach, if i get down to 300 they will def fit right! Right now they fit, but are not flattering at all.  Good luck guys!! One powerful tool that im sure has been mentioned is intermittent fasting, after 2 weeks my body just got used to it!

  • Like 3

100825217_281570949642709_5510839015277854720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KXh5L1a-w0UAX-_lUnu&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=e6ca2e53b030408c476f961a6bdfe136&oe=5EF72C42

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 1:22 PM, tommc23 said:

I've been trying to workout every shift at work. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't because of the call volume. The firehouse I'm in only has a stationary bike and I made a sled out of hose that failed pressure testing. I've been doing my best to do 16 hour fasts and I feel pretty good along with my meal size has gone down doing so. I haven't been able to do a weight check due to my scale not working anymore. I also try to walk my dogs before my day shifts at least a mile and a half with hopes of starting to run at some point. My goal is still 250 and I believe I've remained under 300 which is good.

I’m impressed with your innovation in producing a sled to aid with the workout. The hours of work schedule along with the need to respond to call outs that firefighters have here makes working into a regular schedule a challenge, along with the meals that are often prepared at work are aimed at providing a lot of flavour and that often involves a lot of carbs. Is there another guy at work that you can invite to be a work out/diet buddy?  Providing mutual support in person is powerfully motivating. While you didn’t mention it, I expect you are also doing calisthenic exercises as part of you work out, which can be more effective than many people realize.

I also had great success with intermittent fasting. I had been on a 2 day a week 36 hour fast, but now am using a 16 hour fasts. I had gained 10 pounds since the start of the pandemic when they closed the gyms and we were ordered to work from home. I have peeled back 3 of those pounds this week with the new fasting schedule, and with gym schedule opening next week will hopefully quickly loose the rest. Please keep us posted on how you are progressing, because I know it is not easy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 9:31 AM, MattF said:

Further to OG and GS Barba's posts regarding weight loss and helping each other out, I'm starting this thread in the hopes that those of us that need or could stand to lose a bit of weight will chime in.

 

I really want to get down to 180lbs. I've been struggling with my weight for years and my lowest (about 6 months ago) was 199.2lbs. 

 

I've crept back up to 207lbs and am not really happy about it....but that's the holiday season.

 

So, I'm thinking that those of you who want to participate can just post here, maybe what you're doing, eating etc or just a weekly/fortnightly weigh in.

 

So that's it in a nutshell, chime in or I'll talk to myself.

I’m with you. Currently clicking in at 215 with a goal of 190. During this “time off” I’ve taken a serious interest in flexibility. I’ve being doing Foundation Training every night and I’m finding some serious benefits, including weight loss. The little bit of added mobility from stretching is motivation. It’s lead to less beer and better sleep habits. I may not be seeing the actual weight loss yet but the benefits from the stretching regiment has been very noticeable and my swing feels significant stronger. Check out foundation training if you are curious. Their free content is more than enough to see some benefits.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pug said:

I’m impressed with your innovation in producing a sled to aid with the workout. The hours of work schedule along with the need to respond to call outs that firefighters have here makes working into a regular schedule a challenge, along with the meals that are often prepared at work are aimed at providing a lot of flavour and that often involves a lot of carbs. Is there another guy at work that you can invite to be a work out/diet buddy?  Providing mutual support in person is powerfully motivating. While you didn’t mention it, I expect you are also doing calisthenic exercises as part of you work out, which can be more effective than many people realize.

I also had great success with intermittent fasting. I had been on a 2 day a week 36 hour fast, but now am using a 16 hour fasts. I had gained 10 pounds since the start of the pandemic when they closed the gyms and we were ordered to work from home. I have peeled back 3 of those pounds this week with the new fasting schedule, and with gym schedule opening next week will hopefully quickly loose the rest. Please keep us posted on how you are progressing, because I know it is not easy.

No on the calisthenics I do mostly weight based workouts at work and use the stationary bike. I tend to do very high reps with light weights,  use that sled I have, and go short intervals between exercises. I have one guy on shift who works out with me a little but he has different goals than me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

No on the calisthenics I do mostly weight based workouts at work and use the stationary bike. I tend to do very high reps with light weights,  use that sled I have, and go short intervals between exercises. I have one guy on shift who works out with me a little but he has different goals than me.

Didn’t know if you had free weights available, this the calisthenics reference. I had also been doing low weight high rep training with free weights, but had to change that up because it lead to repetitive motion injuries in my shoulders and elbows. After that cleared up I switched up to more weight and fewer reps, and that has been sustainable and lead to a greater increase in muscle mass than the I was able to achieve with the higher reps routine. It had the added bonus of taking less time than I had needed for the earlier routine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First time posting in this thread but I'm ~5 months into my new program.

I turned 40 toward the end of last year and my body suddenly seemed to take notice of all the shenanigans I have put it through. I'm 5' 9" with somewhat out-sized shoulders/trunk, and on Jan 1, 2020 my bathroom scale read 173 lbs.

So I decided to take stock and make some lifestyle changes. My only goal - see how high I could raise the bar on "feeling normal".

I got on the vegan tip, cut out all the booze (and most of the sugar), designed a golf fitness program around core stability and hip mobility; and got down to the work.

Cutting sugar was seriously rough in the early going. The first ~10 lbs was mostly annual Holiday ballast, but it was astounding how fast the weight came off and after 3 months I started occasionally cracking 140 pounds during my morning weigh-in. Over the past 2 months I've slowly leaned out to 135 lbs, work capacity has steadily increased, my joints feel great and I'm sleeping like a baby for exactly 6 hours. Trying to keep my overused hips open has been a daily struggle but otherwise it feels like I'm in my 20s again.

The thought of fatty smoked brisket and big warm pours of Hakushu still tempt me from time to time. But I'm sticking with this program and hoping it allows me play the back set of tees for another 20 years.

  • Like 5

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downlowkey said:

First time posting in this thread but I'm ~5 months into my new program.

I turned 40 toward the end of last year and my body suddenly seemed to take notice of all the shenanigans I have put it through. I'm 5' 9" with somewhat out-sized shoulders/trunk, and on Jan 1, 2020 my bathroom scale read 173 lbs.

So I decided to take stock and make some lifestyle changes. My only goal - see how high I could raise the bar on "feeling normal".

I got on the vegan tip, cut out all the booze (and most of the sugar), designed a golf fitness program around core stability and hip mobility; and got down to the work.

Cutting sugar was seriously rough in the early going. The first ~10 lbs was mostly annual Holiday ballast, but it was astounding how fast the weight came off and after 3 months I started occasionally cracking 140 pounds during my morning weigh-in. Over the past 2 months I've slowly leaned out to 135 lbs, work capacity has steadily increased, my joints feel great and I'm sleeping like a baby for exactly 6 hours. Trying to keep my overused hips open has been a daily struggle but otherwise it feels like I'm in my 20s again.

The thought of fatty smoked brisket and big warm pours of Hakushu still tempt me from time to time. But I'm sticking with this program and hoping it allows me play the back set of tees for another 20 years.

That's good work. How do you feel at 135 pounds, is that a sustainable weight for you? I am 5'5" and the lowest i have ever weighed was about 145 and that felt too low and unsustainable for me. Right now I am at about 160 and could probably lose a few pounds, but I feel pretty good at this weight.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...