Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

4 clubs 18 holes. What clubs are you taking?

Kor.A.Door

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me at least I think having the putter in the bag would save me more strokes than any other club I could replace it with.

I only mentioned swapping it in my first post because I am sure someone will swear by it at the tournament and it's always an option.

Maybe another way to approach it's is by you yardage.

100 yard club

160 yard club

220ish yard club

Putter

And you can look at the scorecard beforehand and tweak those numbers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's the best part, there is no “1” way to do it. My buddy is a great putter of the ball, it makes sense for him to have it. I am a poor putter, but I thought that having the putter was the right choice because of that. If I am bad with a putter how good could I have been with a different club. Maybe next time I use something else.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My buddy I played with yesterday went with his putter from the fairway several times. I'd guess a couple of them were close to 50 yds. It probably depends on the course and conditions, and I'm one who would not bring the putter, but a little creativity with the blade might not be a bad thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I think the major decider is par 3 length. If there is one that requires more precision, that's the iron I'd take. Then fill in from there with either a hybrid or fairway wood and a gap or sand wedge.

For example, I play a course that has a 150 yard forced carry. I'm not taking an iron that goes any shorter than that. That's my 6 iron. Most of the par 4s are close to 300, close to 350, or close to 400. My hybrid goes about 200, so that covers all the par 4s. There's one short par 3 at 100 yards that I know is a gap wedge. That gives most combinations of holes on this course with only minor tweaks.

That all changes if the must cover par 3 is a 135 yard island (like TPC Sawgrass).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I think the major decider is par 3 length. If there is one that requires more precision, that's the iron I'd take. Then fill in from there with either a hybrid or fairway wood and a gap or sand wedge.

For example, I play a course that has a 150 yard forced carry. I'm not taking an iron that goes any shorter than that. That's my 6 iron. Most of the par 4s are close to 300, close to 350, or close to 400. My hybrid goes about 200, so that covers all the par 4s. There's one short par 3 at 100 yards that I know is a gap wedge. That gives most combinations of holes on this course with only minor tweaks.

That all changes if the must cover par 3 is a 135 yard island (like TPC Sawgrass).

The par 3's that we had were 3 uphill, between 170- 185, and 1 downhill at about 147. 2 of the longer par 3's are all carry 171, and 182. The other you can run it up but it's all up hill., the downhill one at 147 has a bunker right in front so you have to carry the bunker, but it's a big green, so the play is to find something that will land Middle a run to the back. Then putt back down the slope to the front flag, the other thing you could do on that one is to leave it short sided on the right, it gets you closer to the flag but it's a difficult second down hill to the green.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

The par 3's that we had were 3 uphill, between 170- 185, and 1 downhill at about 147. 2 of the longer par 3's are all carry 171, and 182. The other you can run it up but it's all up hill., the downhill one at 147 has a bunker right in front so you have to carry the bunker, but it's a big green, so the play is to find something that will land Middle a run to the back. Then putt back down the slope to the front flag, the other thing you could do on that one is to leave it short sided on the right, it gets you closer to the flag but it's a difficult second down hill to the green.

Yeah. I would probably do power hybrid, 7 iron, 50 degree wedge and putter.

Archived