hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

First level 3 protocol in the books. Given that it bumps us to 4 reps from 3 in each round it’s sort of like running the Belmont after the Kentucky Derby

I realize that those doing the originals nap protocols make a bigger jump still to 5 reps at some point. That had to be a real shock to the system.

I hammered the step backs dominant but wow we’re the non-dominant is new rough - which way do I go?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
I felt the same way. I was completely confused trying to get my feet and body to sync up on the non-dominant side. I'm glad that they showed us a slow motion video during the conference call.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So wait during protocol 2 how many swings were you all doing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You can’t equate them - our level 3 is around the same point as your protocol 2. The introductory protocol has been merged into our protocol 1.

So instead of going to 5 at this point we go to 4.

It’s hard to equate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tchat07 said:

So wait during protocol 2 how many swings were you all doing?

When I first stumbled upon this forum, I happened to notice in the intros to the testers on the first page Kenny B linked to then new protocols and warm up that the testers were asked to use - these are updates to what is currently on the SuperSpeed site, and I believe it was mentioned here that these new versions will soon replace what's currently on the SS site:

An overview of the SuperSpeed Golf system protocols is provided here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mxwr5vfa1ksvmf/Protocol Outline Packet.pdf?dl=0

The warmup routines are provided here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2918b36vvlj9vn1/Warm_Up.mp4?dl=0

I've been following these protocols.

• Like 2

Appreciate it Mike and Revkev. I was doing what's on the current website and was shocked at first by how sore I was since most people here said they did not get much of a workout from it. I then did the math and realized I had increased from 39 swings to 93 swings. I am glad they are changing up the protocols then because I've had to do 2 days in between each session because of how sore I was.

• Like 5

Appreciate it Mike and Revkev. I was doing what's on the current website and was shocked at first by how sore I was since most people here said they did not get much of a workout from it. I then did the math and realized I had increased from 39 swings to 93 swings. I am glad they are changing up the protocols then because I've had to do 2 days in between each session because of how sore I was.

I’m assuming you’re not counting the 10 swings during the warm up. :)

Yes we just moved up to 75 swings from 57 I believe. We went 39, 57 and now 75.

I can’t imagine 39 to 93. At my age I had enough trouble going from 39 to 57. I was very sore the first few weeks and I work out regularly. I’m not that sore after the first session in this jump.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 5:31 AM, golfinnut said:

Hello Everyone!  Just wanted to touch base with MGS & SuperSpeed to tell you how sorry I am for my lack of participation with this review.  After I was chosen, I was very excited about the process.  But unfortunately the pain in my hip has become unbearable and I have decided to go ahead with the surgery sooner rather than later.  I didn't think this was going to come about so soon or during the review process of the SpeedSwing but it did.  And I am one of those guys that will go in 100% or not at all with my review.  I take it very seriously and won't "pencil whip" the review process in any way, if you get my meaning.   I could have gone along with it & said to MGS & everyone else what they wanted to hear but I just don't do that.  

Again I am very sorry to MGS & to SuperSpeed for what has transpired these past few months.  I look to get back into the swing of things (pun intended) in about 4 months.  My surgery is next week & I won't be swinging anything until then.  Incidentally, I have sent back the SpeedSwing to Chicago as requested. 

Good luck to everyone & I will be following along with the process.  I hope to see a lot of gains from everyone. 

Good luck with your surgery and hope you make a full/speedy recovery!

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 1:55 PM, revkev said:

I’m assuming you’re not counting the 10 swings during the warm up. 🙂

Yes we just moved up to 75 swings from 57 I believe. We went 39, 57 and now 75.

I can’t imagine 39 to 93. At my age I had enough trouble going from 39 to 57. I was very sore the first few weeks and I work out regularly. I’m not that sore after the first session in this jump.

Those 18 extra swings are tough!!  It was 39º when I did my 3rd session of Level 3 today.  I was sweating when I finished, and yes I'm out of shape.

The double step swings are a little better today than when I started on Monday, but still feel awkward.

• Like 3

Just finished week 5 - mostly an off week, but felt good today.  Saturday, I played virtual golf with a couple of buddies, first time I've swung at a ball since the end of October, so I was all over the place and it was hard to tell if there was any effect from the speed training, but I did hit a couple of drives about 20 yards longer than I normally hit in real life, so I'm going glass half full here.

Only got 2 sessions in (Wed & Fri) this week, last weekend turned out pretty busy - I was planning to get a session in Sunday after church, but ended up going to 11:30 Mass instead of my usual 9:30 (we had the neighbors over to watch football and stayed up later than usual), so that threw the day off...then Mondays I get up at 5 to go to the gym and got lazy when I got home after work...and Tuesday is bowling night...Excuses - if you don't like one, I've got plenty more 😉  

Wednesday's session was the slowest speeds I've had since week 1, which was discouraging, but today I had a nice jump across the board, definitely my highest average across the 39 swings in the protocol.  

2019-01-11_15-51-44.jpg

Edited by Mike Lambert
fixed typo
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Those 18 extra swings are tough!!  It was 39º when I did my 3rd session of Level 3 today.  I was sweating when I finished, and yes I'm out of shape.

The double step swings are a little better today than when I started on Monday, but still feel awkward.

Yikes, that is cold for golf!  

I'm just starting to get less awkward on those single step swings, it's going to be pretty funny when I get to the doubles. 

One more week before the kneeling swings for me, I think that will be interesting too.  I bookmarked for inspiration this instagram video that was posted about 10 pages back:  

• Like 2

@tchat07 We would be happy to send you the new revised protocols via email. We are close to having them up on the site.

If you'd like send us an email info@superspeedgolf.com and we can get you squared away. Thanks!

@Mike Lambert We would be happy to email you the new protocols as well. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@tchat07 We would be happy to send you the new revised protocols via email. We are close to having them up on the site.

If you'd like send us an email info@superspeedgolf.com and we can get you squared away. Thanks!

e-mailed 🙂

Thanks for participating on the forums. It's cool to see OEM's interact with our members, even the ones who weren't selected to participate in the official review. Top notch!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

I'd be happy to replace golfinnut in the testing if you're looking for someone 😍

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Well, I'm through the first two weeks and my first impression is very impressed. I started at 101, and that had been where my swing speed has been at for a couple years now. The included radar unit matched my SC200, so that provided some peace of mind that my numbers were what I see on the course. 

6 sessions later, I hit 113,112&113 tonight with my driver. So... 12 MPH in 12 days. I was hoping for a 10 MPH gain by the end of this. And if I don't get a single more MPH for the rest of this process, I'd still be happy with the results. 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that!  Just sent an email.

Just wanted to update on week 15. With the exception of the lightest club on my dominant side, all my top speeds were with my regular swing. The double step swing is getting better, but getting my body to learn the step back is going to take a minute. I ain't the most coordinated guy. I've had to pour over the videos to at least get it figured out there.

I did get in nine holes yesterday and shot 48 with 4/7 fairways hit according to Arccos. I'm still struggling with my ball going more up than at 'em. Between that and the cooler weather I averaged 197 off the tee with a long of 215.

It'll get there, I don't have as refined a swing as most of my fellow testers. I'm working on my Stage 2, just got to refine it a little more.
20190112_120236-01.jpeg

• Like 7

Just wanted to update on week 15. With the exception of the lightest club on my dominant side, all my top speeds were with my regular swing. The double step swing is getting better, but getting my body to learn the step back is going to take a minute. I ain't the most coordinated guy. I've had to pour over the videos to at least get it figured out there.

I did get in nine holes yesterday and shot 48 with 4/7 fairways hit according to Arccos. I'm still struggling with my ball going more up than at 'em. Between that and the cooler weather I averaged 197 off the tee with a long of 215.

It'll get there, I don't have as refined a swing as most of my fellow testers. I'm working on my Stage 2, just got to refine it a little more.
20190112_120236-01.jpeg.c9d854244a06cef336ce55ee86cdd9fe.jpeg

Nice to see that there's a steady increase across the weeks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1