Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Full season fantasy golf

Alanpe

I’m hoping to get advice for a fantasy golf league with my coworkers.  the league requires teams to select all their golfers at the start of the league and keep those golfers on their team all year?

Each team selects anywhere from 6 to 12 golfers and those golfers must stay below a $20million salary cap.  The salary cap per golfer is equal to their 2018 earnings, except anyone who earned less than $750k will have a $750k salary cap.  

The team who drafts the team which earns the most money after the tour championship wins.  

My goal is advice to get value players based on 2018 earnings but if anyone here wanted to start such a league for this forum let me know that too. Cheers 

I don't want to spoil my picks for the upcoming MGS draft, but I'd be happy to share some things I learned last year. 

1) Depending on format, you'll need guys that will qualify for and play well in all four majors

2) Add guys that play a heavy schedule. PGA is funny where you could go a month or more without your 1st round pick playing because they don't need to. You need guaranteed guns to fill a roster

3) Birdies are usually worth more than bogies hurt so birdie machines are just as or more valuable than wins. Look for guys you can guarantee will birdie hunt even if they're throwing up bogies too. 

4) Pick guys you like to watch. It makes it much easier when choosing between cheering with your heart or your head on those Sundays. 

5) Not really draft related, but be super active on the waiver wire. There's always a stud for this week out there, you've just gotta find him. 

Good luck with your league. If you're interested, we're still taking guys for the official league. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'll touch base here as well, because you're league is going on total money earned, it's going to be a bit different of advice.

1) You're going to need a couple big guns, but shop well. I'd expect a bounceback season for Jordan Spieth, so at $2.8 million he's a good investment, perhaps pairing him with Xander Schauffele and Billy Horschel (good to great players who play alot of events) to front your roster for about 10 million from your budget wouldn't be a bad start. Or go for Finau and Spieth and maybe someone else. Try to keep that top gun spending around 55-60 percent of the budget.

2) Breakout players. You're going to have to find them. Cam Champ, considering he'll cost the minimum, good shout. Sungjae Im, Web.com money tour winner, also good. Maybe you're on the Ollie Schniedrjans bandwagon, Kevin Tway played 31 events last year and he looks like he's playing great. Joaquin Niemann, former #1 am in the world. All these guys cost under 1.5 million

3) Bounceback players. SERGIO GARCIA, LESS THAN A MILLION. Hunter Mahan, potential comeback player of the year, minimum price. 

4) Exploit Euro and Asian tours. You can probably get them for minimum prices and they'll come play the big events, including no cut events with guaranteed money. If you're all about winning, find the exploits.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 1/2/2019 at 7:23 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I don't want to spoil my picks for the upcoming MGS draft, but I'd be happy to share some things I learned last year. 

1) Depending on format, you'll need guys that will qualify for and play well in all four majors

2) Add guys that play a heavy schedule. PGA is funny where you could go a month or more without your 1st round pick playing because they don't need to. You need guaranteed guns to fill a roster

3) Birdies are usually worth more than bogies hurt so birdie machines are just as or more valuable than wins. Look for guys you can guarantee will birdie hunt even if they're throwing up bogies too. 

4) Pick guys you like to watch. It makes it much easier when choosing between cheering with your heart or your head on those Sundays. 

5) Not really draft related, but be super active on the waiver wire. There's always a stud for this week out there, you've just gotta find him. 

Good luck with your league. If you're interested, we're still taking guys for the official league. 

This is all great.  When is your draft?  My league starts after Hawaii so if you draft before the Sony, could I follow up with you after Sony starts?  Or could I maybe DM you for any other players you’re high on but don’t want to publicly share please? 

Thank you for all this detail. And how much is your official league fee to enter?

13 hours ago, Alanpe said:

This is all great.  When is your draft?  My league starts after Hawaii so if you draft before the Sony, could I follow up with you after Sony starts?  Or could I maybe DM you for any other players you’re high on but don’t want to publicly share please? 

Thank you for all this detail. And how much is your official league fee to enter?

Ours starts a little later than yours and is in a different format. Here's the thread if you want to see more:

Truth be told, I have no idea who I'm gonna draft. 🤭

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

5 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ours starts a little later than yours and is in a different format. Here's the thread if you want to see more:

Truth be told, I have no idea who I'm gonna draft. 🤭

Lol, if you’re picking ahead of me, you should take Gary Player.  

The league sounds fun and thanks for inviting me, if you have room, I will play. How much advance notice will we get to know where we draft?  

Archived