Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Triple Track - A (too) deep dive

Jim418

Two of the best investments I made in the last five years was taking Aim Point green reading lessons / workshops and getting the TT #10.

My experience has been that the putter/TT lines are not bad and I am more comfortable with them the more I use the putter. They help me commit more easily to my intended line. I line up and stroke the putt. Much simpler and less stressful over the ball for me. 

Historically gamed and collect beautiful blades /Anser style putters with and without inserts. But I will not go back to my blade "eye candy" putters for tournament play. For me there is something to the lines on that putter.

Not a fan of the TT lines on the Callaway balls, but I don't game those in matches/tournaments. I do practice occasionally with the Callaway TT balls on a training aid but do not play with them on the course. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, ChitownM2 said:

I I like the idea of triple track but I'm not sure that it is really any better than just a single prominent line on the ball. Most balls you can buy just have the ball name centered between arrow heads and I believe this is better but only because it actually has uninterrupted lines to use for alignment. I would be surprised though if there is any statistical improvement in putting using triple track vs just a regular hold ball with a single line on it using a sharpie like you can buy for $5 and do 1000 balls. Personally I think I prefer the cross hair option you can get in Callaway personalized balls.

I can see the balls living on much longer than the putters as well. Offering the triple track option on balls seems like a relatively cheap and easy thing to do going forward but the hardware refresh cycle comes too fast and requires too much marketing to not changed it up. 

Here’s a study:

Bassi’s lab at the UMSL College of Optometry tested Barrett’s idea by embedding a laser in a golf ball and compared the aiming accuracy of three lines versus the typical single alignment line found on most golf balls. The testing showed a 12-percent improvement in accuracy for the three-lined ball on a 10-foot putt.”

- from an article in Golf Digest (https://www.golfdigest.com/story/those-arent-just-three-lines-on-phil-mickelsons-golf-balltheyre-science/amp)

Edited by DukeStKing

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

On 4/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, PMookie said:

Great. So one can line-up their putt to their line better, so Callaway says. Awesome. Doesn’t help getting the CORRECT line.

I’m not a fan of the looks. To me, these putters make me think of something that came out of a boxed set. Here’s proof that TT won’t “change golf forever”: it won’t be in Callaway’s offerings each year going forward. They’ll come-up with something else.

Makes me think of razors: “They have four blades, we have FIVE,” with regard to the lines.

Okay, I know this is an old thread/comment but you made me go down the rabbit hole of finding a gag Phillips commercial from 2006 promoting "Quintippio- the new 15 bladed razor!" lmfao

quintippio_philips.jpg

Just now, Londo said:

Okay, I know this is an old thread/comment but you made me go down the rabbit hole of finding a gag Phillips commercial from 2006 promoting "Quintippio- the new 15 bladed razor!" lmfao

quintippio_philips.jpg

I think of gags like this EVERY time a razor commercial comes on TV! 😂

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX