2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

Our Sponsors

Teaser: I'll have some personal insights on Stock TM Ventus Blue vs. Velocore Blue vs. Motore X F3 soon

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intro Once again, a very sincere thank you to MGS for allowing me to be a part of this testing experience! This will be my 4th MGS test in 3 years and I will say that it does not get easier. If a

The Review Intro Hello fellow Spies!  I’d like to start by saying a huge thank you to MGS and Fujikura to allow me to review the new Motore X shaft!  I’d also like to thank everyone for thei

June 2, 2020  Fujikura – Official MGS Forum Review by RevKev  Intro  Grandpa will you tell me a story please?    Of course, Lilly!  This is

Posted Images

Teaser: I'll have some personal insights on Stock TM Ventus Blue vs. Velocore Blue vs. Motore X F3 soon

I’d like to see that

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I’d like to see that

I'm going to do an unofficial review once I get the shaft and a couple of rounds on it! I'll be sure to paste a link in the thread, and tag you so you don't miss it!

• Like 3

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Here's my unofficial review thread. Also, paging @revkev as promised. Once I have a few rounds and practice sessions with the Motore, I'll be sure to update it.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! So I know that I could probably get an answer from other areas of the forum but thought I'd try here first. 

I was at the range this morning while my daughter Kaylen was having her lessons. Was hitting some nice drives but noticed a slight wobble feeling coming from the head. For a second I thought that maybe the poly fill I've got packed in it was bouncing around. I've had it in there for 2 yrs though and never had this issue. 

Took a few more hits and then looked down to see this.. 

1114201054a.jpg.e3dbbceecd564ab859fb11f1240e4c03.jpg

Thinking maybe ferrule creep.. this isn't really a ferrule so much as an insert to the Cobra adapter which kind of has its own ferrule. So I tried to push it back in and it wouldn't budge. I hit another and the gap became noticeably larger and the wobble continued. It looks like the the top ring of the insert is still sealed with epoxy. 

I held off from taking any more shots cuz it looks to me like the epoxy is failing and the heads coming off? 

I'll have to get it into the shop but for now it looks like I'll be playing 7k yds tomorrow sans driver.. 😢

Any of you have any experience with anything similar? 

@goaliewales14 didn't something like this happen to you? 

• Sad 2

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 8.25°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / Project X Evenflow Blue 75g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Hey guys! So I know that I could probably get an answer from other areas of the forum but thought I'd try here first. 

I was at the range this morning while my daughter Kaylen was having her lessons. Was hitting some nice drives but noticed a slight wobble feeling coming from the head. For a second I thought that maybe the poly fill I've got packed in it was bouncing around. I've had it in there for 2 yrs though and never had this issue. 

Thinking maybe ferrule creep.. this isn't really a ferrule so much as an insert to the Cobra adapter which kind of has its own ferrule. So I tried to push it back in and it wouldn't budge. I hit another and the gap became noticeably larger and the wobble continued. It looks like the the top ring of the insert is still sealed with epoxy. 

I held off from taking any more shots cuz it looks to me like the epoxy is failing and the heads coming off? 

I'll have to get it into the shop but for now it looks like I'll be playing 7k yds tomorrow sans driver.. 😢

Adapter is coming off, looks like epoxy failed

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Adapter is coming off, looks like epoxy failed
$#!T.. that's what I feared. I know the heads a few years old but I'm not trying to be donating it to someone's back yard.

The crappy bit is that I don't have a shaft puller so I have to take it in. Otherwise I'd just torch it up and fix it myself.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

10 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

$#!T.. that's what I feared. I know the heads a few years old but I'm not trying to be donating it to someone's back yard.

The crappy bit is that I don't have a shaft puller so I have to take it in. Otherwise I'd just torch it up and fix it myself.

Yeah definitely dont try to pull a graphite shaft without a shaft puller. I have even ruined a few graphite shafts with a cheap shaft puller. That forced me to invest in a more robust puller

• Like 1

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

On 11/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, azstu324 said:

Mine was exactly the same thing!  I actually felt the head twist when I hit a few shots.  After the 2nd one, I held the head and turned the shaft and it could rotate 45*.  I took it to my local PGA SS to have it reapplied.  It was a quick fix, just no fun playing without a driver when you have rounds scheduled.

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

Mine was exactly the same thing!  I actually felt the head twist when I hit a few shots.  After the 2nd one, I held the head and turned the shaft and it could rotate 45*.  I took it to my local PGA SS to have it reapplied.  It was a quick fix, just no fun playing without a driver when you have rounds scheduled.

Maybe they built ours off the same batch of epoxy? 

Of course, we'd love to think that their glue just can't can't handle our swing speed right? 😛 🤨

Will be taking it in this week for the repair

• Like 2

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all of my bellyaching and crying big baby man tears that I have to have my driver fixed, the Mrs. just said.. well why don't you just go buy a new driver? 😱🤯

Well let me preface.. New as in something that I didn't have previously with a budget of around $400 +/-. As much as I'd love to go through a new fitting, I still can't stomach paying $600+.. I digress. 

Immediately after asking what drugs she was on and why she wasn't sharing, I took to the internet to do my research. Weighing out the pro's/cons with the Sim and Sim Max. As much as I'd love to be interested in the Mavrik, I just can't agree with the color orange on a golf club.. or anything but oranges for that matter. 

Being a Cobra Fanboy, I also wish the that SZ would be an option but I'm just not a fan of how it feels and sounds. I'd sooner consider the F9. It's too bad this isn't a year from now when the RAD has been out for a while and the price is just right 😛 

Ping G410 LST is a slight maybe.

Now that I've got the MotoreX shaft ready to be removed from the Cobra adaptor, I'll be able to plug it into whatever I decide on. 

To be continued...

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 4

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all of my bellyaching and crying big baby man tears that I have to have my driver fixed, the Mrs. just said.. well why don't you just go buy a new driver? 
Well let me preface.. New as in something that I didn't have previously with a budget of around $400 +/-. As much as I'd love to go through a new fitting, I still can't stomach paying $600+.. I digress. 
Immediately after asking what drugs she was on and why she wasn't sharing, I took to the internet to do my research. Weighing out the pro's/cons with the Sim and Sim Max. As much as I'd love to be interested in the Mavrik, I just can't agree with the color orange on a golf club.. or anything but oranges for that matter. 
Being a Cobra Fanboy, I also wish the that SZ would be an option but I'm just not a fan of how it feels and sounds. I'd sooner consider the F9. It's too bad this isn't a year from now when the RAD has been out for a while and the price is just right  
Ping G410 LST is a slight maybe.
Now that I've got the MotoreX shaft ready to be removed from the Cobra adaptor, I'll be able to plug it into whatever I decide on. 

To be continued...

Well...IMG_2775.jpg
  • Haha 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Hey @dlow206 you mind if I pick your brain on the SIM topic? You've got a lot of good insight on how the industry works and with different shafts out there. Also, having fairly recently purchased the SIM Max I figured you might have some wisdom to impart. 

I've got my eye on a new Sim Max 9*. The one I've found is here locally from a trusted source. It's a little different however in the sense that it comes with a "made-for" Mits Tensei Blue TM50 shaft. It's an S Flex which I'm still not opposed to because if it doesn't work out I'll just plug in my MotoreX. The price that I'm picking this up for is great for the head alone so it's a no harm situation if I I don't like the Tensei. 

What I'm reading is that the Japanese models have the Tensei Blue offering. The shaft says Taylormade and it's called a TM50 so it's definitely "made for". The question that I'm getting to is if you know anything about A) the Made for Tensei Blue and B) are there any differences at all between the US and Japan models? I'm not coming up with anything at all. Just want to make sure I'm not getting something else from what I'm anticipating. 

Thx man!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Hey @dlow206 you mind if I pick your brain on the SIM topic? You've got a lot of good insight on how the industry works and with different shafts out there. Also, having fairly recently purchased the SIM Max I figured you might have some wisdom to impart. 

I've got my eye on a new Sim Max 9*. The one I've found is here locally from a trusted source. It's a little different however in the sense that it comes with a "made-for" Mits Tensei Blue TM50 shaft. It's an S Flex which I'm still not opposed to because if it doesn't work out I'll just plug in my MotoreX. The price that I'm picking this up for is great for the head alone so it's a no harm situation if I I don't like the Tensei. 

What I'm reading is that the Japanese models have the Tensei Blue offering. The shaft says Taylormade and it's called a TM50 so it's definitely "made for". The question that I'm getting to is if you know anything about A) the Made for Tensei Blue and B) are there any differences at all between the US and Japan models? I'm not coming up with anything at all. Just want to make sure I'm not getting something else from what I'm anticipating. 

Thx man!

This is the best that i could find:

https://golfpartnerusa.com/blogs/news/sim-driver

Golf Partner is a large golf retailer in Japan that also sells used clubs to the US

I am guessing that the Tensei made for shaft is a bit weaker than a standard Tensei shaft, but that is just a guess. 

• Like 1

Updated 10/6/2020

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all of my bellyaching and crying big baby man tears that I have to have my driver fixed, the Mrs. just said.. well why don't you just go buy a new driver? 🤯

It’s probably worth looking at. You can go a custom color scheme for whatever you want for a little bit more dough. If it performs, it always looks better :)

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Thx man!

Any chance you can request the head weight first?

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Thx man!

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Golf Partner is a large golf retailer in Japan that also sells used clubs to the US

I am guessing that the Tensei made for shaft is a bit weaker than a standard Tensei shaft, but that is just a guess. 

Alright so it's no secret that I love anything JDM whether it's cars, golf, food, culture, etc. so I started to do a little digging after learning about this. @dlow206 is right that this shaft was developed by MCA to TM's spec to be a stock offering. It's probably similar to the Tensei Blue w/SFW in our market, or it might've come to our market after they developed it with TM and found that it might work for people. I only noticed the 50g range of Tensei shafts semi-recently so I believe it came after the initial launch of the lineup.

https://www.taylormadegolf.jp/taylormade-drivers/SIM-MAX-ドライバー/DW-KY218-JP.html?lang=ja_JP&cgid=taylormade-drivers#lang=ja_JP&start=4&

You can use Google Translate to convert to English and be able to navigate the site. Kinda cool to see their stock offerings vs. ours but kinda not because they get much more premium (IMO) shaft offerings. Probably because they're all made in Japan but still, I'm jealous!

edit: also, this shaft is working pretty nicely for me in my Sim Max FWIW. It was a little sketchy at first, but then I remembered it's almost an inch shorter than the stock, so I added a heavier weight from https://store.billybobsgolf.com/ and after 4 rounds I'm really liking it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Alright so it's no secret that I love anything JDM whether it's cars, golf, food, culture, etc. so I started to do a little digging after learning about this. @dlow206 is right that this shaft was developed by MCA to TM's spec to be a stock offering. It's probably similar to the Tensei Blue w/SFW in our market, or it might've come to our market after they developed it with TM and found that it might work for people. I only noticed the 50g range of Tensei shafts semi-recently so I believe it came after the initial launch of the lineup.

https://www.taylormadegolf.jp/taylormade-drivers/SIM-MAX-ドライバー/DW-KY218-JP.html?lang=ja_JP&cgid=taylormade-drivers#lang=ja_JP&start=4&

You can use Google Translate to convert to English and be able to navigate the site. Kinda cool to see their stock offerings vs. ours but kinda not because they get much more premium (IMO) shaft offerings. Probably because they're all made in Japan but still, I'm jealous!

edit: also, this shaft is working pretty nicely for me in my Sim Max FWIW. It was a little sketchy at first, but then I remembered it's almost an inch shorter than the stock, so I added a heavier weight from https://store.billybobsgolf.com/ and after 4 rounds I'm really liking it.

Yeah, I have 4 grams of hotmelt in my SIM Max head because of the length difference from stock

• Like 1

Updated 10/6/2020

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

It's funny, I actually found the same link in just poking around the interweb. From the article, the heads are identical in every way with possibly a slight difference in lie by about .5* but it was noted that it isn't really detectable. The only real noted difference was the length is about .25" longer on the US version and the butt end of the shaft is slightly smaller.  Now it just boils down to shaft. It does appear that perhaps the shaft profile is just slightly softer than what is offered on the US version but shaft really isn't a concern for me as I'll more than likely be using the MotoreX OR possibly order another ProForce V2 Black F5-X that I still love so much. 

Over all, I don't think there are really any negatives to going JDM that I can think of

Oh I went and did something silly..

1121201213.jpeg

1121201648b.jpeg

1121201656.jpeg

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 3