Xcaliber shafts

Popeye64

Xcaliber as a company has risen up from a spot that no one was sure they would come back from. But cooking back this year is some amazing designs and a level of looks and quality that is gonna be huge.

First off is an iron shaft that is known as a Rapid Taper design. Right after the grip section it drops down to a very small diameter all the way to the tip. I had been hitting versions of this shaft for a couple of years and this year he has finally perfected his initial vision.

It's truly unique in how it feels coming into the ball and then releasing. A bull whip sensation of sort, is one way to describe it.

But what this shaft has also shown is how well it worked across a broad spectrum of golfer. From pro level swings to low 80s it worked for everyone. It launched high without excessive spin and had fantastic dispersion.

Xcaliber is also launching an Xclusive line. It's a next generation of the shafts he has been offering in the last year. Flexes were tweaked and perfected as well as very strict testing protocols during all levels of production. Plus the graphics are wild. Ion plating is being used and the colors just pop. He has also updated the Tour X iron shaft and that has a red to black translucent coating that still shows the weave of wire mess over graphite.

This is going to be a huge year for them and it's great to see them make such a come back.

It's hard to really capture how good these look in person. As with the rest of the golf world and this Corona virus when these are gonna be available is a little up in the air.

I hope to have some production pieces I can put under torture test soon.

Will be a real struggle to figure out if I will play the Rapid Taper iron or the Updated Tour X in 95 g weight.

I have an email that discusses the new products. I'll see if I can copy and paste it some how. IMG_0965.jpg20200212_170831.jpg20200212_170455.jpg20200212_170446.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Them are some good looking shafts there. Intrigued by the rapid taper design.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Them are some good looking shafts there. Intrigued by the rapid taper design.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I dont have any in hand pictures of one with graphics. From what I've seen these might be a run away hit for them. It's a huge departure from a normal looking shaft so time will tell but I I loved it the second I hit one. The feel through the turf is unique. XC_RT_Xclusiv_Blue-02.jpg

Those are indeed some good looking shafts.  I don't know much about shafts and their performance characteristics, but I like what I see.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

I've used the TourX shafts in my irons for several years now. Glad to see they're not going away. As long as a version is available in the 100 gram range, I'll be very interested in the new shaft. Every Xcaliber shaft I've used has been excellent.

I've used the TourX shafts in my irons for several years now. Glad to see they're not going away. As long as a version is available in the 100 gram range, I'll be very interested in the new shaft. Every Xcaliber shaft I've used has been excellent.
It's just the 85 and the 95 gram versions. The 105s never did well. Years ago I did a head to head with all three with 8 players. The 85 tested best and the 95 had better feel. 105 was just ok.

On 2/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, Popeye64 said:

Not sure which is the final version but you get an idea of the Rapid Taper shapeXC_RT_Xclusiv_3Up.jpg

Very interesting. Anything in heavier weights?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Very interesting. Anything in heavier weights?
The Tour X line which is a hybrid steel graphite iron shaft comes in a 95g option as well as an 85g. There are heavier versions of the Rapid Tapers being worked on. A 95g and a 105g.
I have not hit one yet but someone else had a Rapid Taper in a hybrid and couldn't shut up about how good it was.

1 hour ago, Popeye64 said:

The Tour X line which is a hybrid steel graphite iron shaft comes in a 95g option as well as an 85g. There are heavier versions of the Rapid Tapers being worked on. A 95g and a 105g.
I have not hit one yet but someone else had a Rapid Taper in a hybrid and couldn't shut up about how good it was.

Cool. I am feeling the urge to leap head first into all graphite shafts. I just want the right one.

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Cool. I am feeling the urge to leap head first into all graphite shafts. I just want the right one.
The graphite shafts of today give up nothing to steel. The play longer and many times are just as accurate. With the lighter weight you pick up swing speed. Plus... the shock absorption through the hands and shoulders really makes a difference.

3 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

The graphite shafts of today give up nothing to steel. The play longer and many times are just as accurate. With the lighter weight you pick up swing speed. Plus... the shock absorption through the hands and shoulders really makes a difference.

I like all of that. I just feel I need some mass. I currently play 130 gram iron shafts. I don’t know that I want to go to 90.

I like all of that. I just feel I need some mass. I currently play 130 gram iron shafts. I don’t know that I want to go to 90.
You would be shocked once you spend some time with them.
Years back I did a shaft experiment with three weights. 85, 95, and a 105g graphite Tour X shafts. I took 8 better players and had them hit all three. To a man they all said they could never play an 85 g shaft. Yet everyone of them had more distance and better dispersion with the 85 g shaft. They were all more than surprised.
Even the pros are starting to play lighter shafts.

Glad to hear they are still out there - I gamed them in my fairway woods a number of years back and hit them great.  Robin Arthur is a legend - haven't heard from him for a while - I know that he's had lots of issues with illness - is he still around and in charge?

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Glad to hear they are still out there - I gamed them in my fairway woods a number of years back and hit them great.  Robin Arthur is a legend - haven't heard from him for a while - I know that he's had lots of issues with illness - is he still around and in charge?
Yes he is. Things are going well for him and these new designs are next level. Hoping he has a great year and builds on some amazing design work he already has in place.

• 4 years later...

I am jumping on a dormant thread here, but hoping @Popeye64 or someone else can give me a line on securing at least one Xcaliber RT 105 iron shaft to try out in a demo.  The website is down (it says temporarily), and I cannot find the 105s online anywhere.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 Max 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS1 (shafts:  :kbs: Tour 120S)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :cleveland-small: Frontline Elite 1.0
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 1:05 PM, IndyBonzo said:

I am jumping on a dormant thread here, but hoping @Popeye64 or someone else can give me a line on securing at least one Xcaliber RT 105 iron shaft to try out in a demo.  The website is down (it says temporarily), and I cannot find the 105s online anywhere.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Sending a PM

I just found this thread (thanks @IndyBonzo for resurrecting it).

So the Pro line is dead, or just being redesigned?

I'm getting into graphite now with all my elbow and hand discomfort. I just ordered some Recoil 95 stiff in some new Mizuno irons, but am also looking to build some Maltby irons with some other options. The Pro line interested me, but there's nothing on the website. The RT line also interests me, but am unsure about the weight and flex. My driver swing speed can get up to 103'ish or be down to 95'ish, depending on how warm I am or how tired I am. So I'm right in the middle of the R/S break. I was thinking the 105 in stiff and soft-stepping it. Thoughts?

I currently play DG120 S300's and they've really been good to me over the years, just not to my body any more. My 7 iron SS is around mid 80's at the moment. I don't have my work bench built yet, but I do have a Maltby TS1-IM 7-iron head that I'll use for testing when I get it ready.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

10 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I'm getting into graphite now with all my elbow and hand discomfort. I just ordered some Recoil 95 stiff in some new Mizuno irons, but am also looking to build some Maltby irons with some other options. The Pro line interested me, but there's nothing on the website. The RT line also interests me, but am unsure about the weight and flex. My driver swing speed can get up to 103'ish or be down to 95'ish, depending on how warm I am or how tired I am. So I'm right in the middle of the R/S break. I was thinking the 105 in stiff and soft-stepping it. Thoughts?

I currently play DG120 S300's and they've really been good to me over the years, just not to my body any more. My 7 iron SS is around mid 80's at the moment. I don't have my work bench built yet, but I do have a Maltby TS1-IM 7-iron head that I'll use for testing when I get it ready.

You would be better off with the 105 R+ and leaning to hard stepping. I'm at a driver swing that gets up to 105. I've settled into the 105 R+ hard stepped. The feel is buttery soft yet maintains great control. Spin is near perfect with a hit and stop. Very little roll out. 

Plus there is a loading and release sensation that's unlike anything else. 

14 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

You would be better off with the 105 R+ and leaning to hard stepping. I'm at a driver swing that gets up to 105. I've settled into the 105 R+ hard stepped. The feel is buttery soft yet maintains great control. Spin is near perfect with a hit and stop. Very little roll out. 

Plus there is a loading and release sensation that's unlike anything else. 

Excellent, thanks.

I saw above about the testing you did with the various weights with high quality golfers and how they all ended up preferring the 85g, which was a real surprise. Do you see more of one or the other being sold or is there a way to know for sure other than testing? I don't mind getting one of each and testing in my 7i testing club if that's what it takes. I'm leaning 95g or 105g since those are the weights I fit into (95g graphite and 105g steel).

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

On 5/23/2024 at 7:24 AM, Shrek74 said:

Piggybacking on Popeyes info to you. If you look at my post’s toward the end of the Maltby post you will see my review of Maltby 7 irons. 3 of the clubs were shafted with 105 S+ and 1 was 105 R+ hardstepped. I found the R+ to be the winner for me. 
For reference I am 51yo, physically fit, and swing slightly faster than you. I play to a 3 index. I can get to 108 with driver but rarely swing all out. I can get high 80 to 90 with 7 iron but again usually don’t swing full out. The R+ was perfect for normal swings, but still held up when I wanted to step on it. The S+ felt like I had to step on it every time to make it work. 
I also have played the original 95 stiff RT and still have 2 hybrids shafted with them so I have something to compare too. 

For me, and this is my opinion only on stiffness:

RT 105 R+ plays as stiff as a quality S300.

RT 105 S+ is other manufacturers X flex.

RT95 S is a solid stiff flex and can be played to your normal flex choice.

56 minutes ago, sl1111 said:

Piggybacking on Popeyes info to you. If you look at my post’s toward the end of the Maltby post you will see my review of Maltby 7 irons. 3 of the clubs were shafted with 105 S+ and 1 was 105 R+ hardstepped. I found the R+ to be the winner for me. 
For reference I am 51yo, physically fit, and swing slightly faster than you. I play to a 3 index. I can get to 108 with driver but rarely swing all out. I can get high 80 to 90 with 7 iron but again usually don’t swing full out. The R+ was perfect for normal swings, but still held up when I wanted to step on it. The S+ felt like I had to step on it every time to make it work. 
I also have played the original 95 stiff RT and still have 2 hybrids shafted with them so I have something to compare too. 

For me, and this is my opinion only on stiffness:

RT 105 R+ plays as stiff as a quality S300.

RT 105 S+ is other manufacturers X flex.

RT95 S is a solid stiff flex and can be played to your normal flex choice.

Thanks for the reply and details.

So it sounds like I need to test the 105R+ (possibly without stepping) and the 95S against each other as you did. I'm only at 83-84 with my 7 iron as I work on my swing changes with a slightly slower swing, but hopefully with get it back to 86-87'ish when I'm more burned in. I just turned 50, but am overweight and out of shape (something else I'm working on). So that will also help with swing speed as I get back to what I was a few years ago. Maybe the hard step is still the better option even with my 84 7i speed. I supposed I could try both regular and hardstep in my test too.

Putter:
Technology:

I was just discussing this in the Maltby thread, but it belongs here.

I planned to hard step the RT 105 1x bc I normally play a stiff flex, and understand the shaft is really R+, so I thought 1x would put me at S- or so.  But I am putting this in a Maltby TS1, and I understand the unique hosel gives another hard step (which would be 2x hard stepped total). I suspected that may put me back at my normal S or so.  

Based on the info above from @sl1111 that he believes the 105R+ plays as stiff as the DG S300, and @azstu324's suggestion to hard step, I am leaning toward *not* adding another hard step beyond what the hosel itself accomplishes.  I could always cut the tip again later, but cannot add to it, so . . . yeah.

Thanks to all for this excellent discussion.  If I am thinking about this incorrectly someone please let me know.

I realize too that without MGS I would not be building a club at all, and would have no idea about any of the components or vendors (Maltby/GW, Xcaliber, Star Grips).  Thankful for this corner of the web.

• :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Posted (edited)

Shrek and Indy.... The only way to truly know is to risk you may have to sacrifice a shaft for testing. I know they are not cheap and sometimes it is hard to stomach a sacrificial lamb.  Understanding that we are trip trimming .370 shafts rather than actually  "stepping" them, I would start trimming on the softer side and work to stiffer. You can butt cut long to provide you with enough shaft for the next cut in the stiffening process.

Also, feel is so subjective to individual people. I am trying to not confuse stiffness with feel. An example would be the S+ feels soft at impact and I could play it, but it required a little more power to get the shaft dynamics to work. The R+ hard stepped felt smooth and did not require as much effort to perform as it is supposed to and I could put the 100% swing on it and it would hold up.

Don't know if this will help but to give some reference on the shaft design.  My miss is a over draw/hook. I usually do not get along with hybrids due to my miss and the fear of the right side. I used 2 different RT 95 stiff shafts, one tipped 1/2 inch and one tipped a full inch.  The 1 inch will start right of target and not move back, just a straight block with little feel in the tip or any perceivable kick. The 1/2 inch tip starts on line and allows for a slight fade. No hook unless I make a terrible swing or I try to draw it. I can feel the shaft kick and it remains stable.

Edited by sl1111

Posted (edited)

The Maltby TS1 7 iron demo with the Xcaliber RT 105 R+ is built.  Now I wait for curing.

IMG_6263.jpeg.4bdf798c57dbec83dde2c566c6074c54.jpeg

IMG_6262.jpeg.53fe6a6a2e75cd233f84fb3dea3a9fce.jpeg

I did have to add about 10g of lead tape to get to D2 but no biggie.  If I build an entire set I will instead use graphite shaft tip weights, which I did not have on-hand today.

I appreciate that the shaft came with the spine alignment and CPM marked.  The spine and 90° measurements were only 3 CPM apart.  Following the spine meant the graphics are not perfectly centered, but I don’t really care about that.  

IMG_6261.jpeg.400001c1088b34d50685fb157845bcaf.jpeg

Just for reference, I took some photos next to a Hogan Apex II 7 iron.  Wow that top line!

IMG_6265.jpeg.eec60319970c89a6199fe79bf4db744e.jpegIMG_6266.jpeg.c91486583073bf9ad58555327162610a.jpeg

Hoping for excellent results!

Edited by IndyBonzo

On 5/24/2024 at 11:04 AM, Shrek74 said:

Excellent, thanks.

I saw above about the testing you did with the various weights with high quality golfers and how they all ended up preferring the 85g, which was a real surprise. Do you see more of one or the other being sold or is there a way to know for sure other than testing? I don't mind getting one of each and testing in my 7i testing club if that's what it takes. I'm leaning 95g or 105g since those are the weights I fit into (95g graphite and 105g steel).

Most of the better players have been going with the 105 shafts. Dropping down the weights scale it's about even on choices. As far as flex profiles they are all nearly identical. It's just comes down to what you like for an overall club weight.  

A shaft that was always a great seller was the 75g series. Especially in the A flex. Those guys love that shaft. Many of those player talk about a half club or more in distance gained. 

More important is the proper flex. Going softer is hardly ever an issue. Too stiff and players will say they lost all the feel. 

If you have discovered a favorite shaft weight I would stay in that range if you are blindly choosing. 

On 5/24/2024 at 3:08 PM, sl1111 said:

Shrek and Indy.... The only way to truly know is to risk you may have to sacrifice a shaft for testing. I know they are not cheap and sometimes it is hard to stomach a sacrificial lamb.  Understanding that we are trip trimming .370 shafts rather than actually  "stepping" them, I would start trimming on the softer side and work to stiffer. You can butt cut long to provide you with enough shaft for the next cut in the stiffening process.

Also, feel is so subjective to individual people. I am trying to not confuse stiffness with feel. An example would be the S+ feels soft at impact and I could play it, but it required a little more power to get the shaft dynamics to work. The R+ hard stepped felt smooth and did not require as much effort to perform as it is supposed to and I could put the 100% swing on it and it would hold up.

Don't know if this will help but to give some reference on the shaft design.  My miss is a over draw/hook. I usually do not get along with hybrids due to my miss and the fear of the right side. I used 2 different RT 95 stiff shafts, one tipped 1/2 inch and one tipped a full inch.  The 1 inch will start right of target and not move back, just a straight block with little feel in the tip or any perceivable kick. The 1/2 inch tip starts on line and allows for a slight fade. No hook unless I make a terrible swing or I try to draw it. I can feel the shaft kick and it remains stable.

If you guys carefully read his post you will clearly see that by his going softer than his normal flex choices he is gaining a wonderful feel and less effort. A smooth swing with an RT that let's the shaft load and release produces an addictive performance. But with that said it's very independent on the golfer.

19 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

If you guys carefully read his post you will clearly see that by his going softer than his normal flex choices he is gaining a wonderful feel and less effort. A smooth swing with an RT that let's the shaft load and release produces an addictive performance. But with that said it's very independent on the golfer.

Thanks for finding the words to explain what I was trying to convey!  I am not the best in relaying thoughts in text form!

I played a leisurely 25 holes today and tested the Xcaliber and TS1 as much as possible.  (Started on 3 to be first off, and played the entire front 9 after circling back around.) 

I have to say I was impressed.  Accuracy was truly excellent.  The shaft felt equal in stiffness to my Project X LZ 6.0, and smooth with good feedback.  I knew immediately at impact where the ball was headed - which was straight, or a bit right if I left my swing incomplete/hands open.  A couple thin shots still went straight, just low, but equivalent distance.

I hit a few chips with it too.  The face on the TS1 is hot, but feels soft, and again I liked the feedback a lot.  It could be a weapon on bump-and-runs.

More demos to do before any commitments, but early returns were quite promising. 

Interesting thread. I have a slow swing speed (80 or less with a driver) and currently use and like Recoil 95 F3s in my CBX4 wedges (I prefer heavier wedges). I recently acquired a Tour Edge Wingman 56* M/N wedge which I like everything about....except the steel shaft which I'm planning to switch out for graphite and recalled some of the reviews which I have read on these shafts over the years. 

After reading the company's website, I'm still not sure of the appropriate flex, but would like something around the same weight and am open to suggestions. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB, or

Seemore FGP  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter.