Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ball Flight question

LeftyHawk

I've spent most of the season using the Bridgestone TourB RXS. Ball flight is what I would consider low since I changed to the Project Hzrdus shaft. Last week on the back 9 I switched to the Bridgestone e12 soft for a change of pace and to see what this ball was like.  To my surprise the ball flight was much higher off the tee that the TourB RXS. Distance was darn near the same, just the ball flight was dramatically different.

I've spent the past few days talking with others about why the difference in ball flight off the tee. The only thing I can come up with is the difference in the cover, but not sure why the cover would account for the difference in flight.

So I thought I'd post it here to see what Y'all think?

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

I wouldn't expect it on the driver as much but this is a common reason for wedges flying higher with the e12. Again in the driver seems possible, could also be a spin difference. I know it's hard to tell in course but does it carry a bit further now? Also higher ball speed will push the apex up. Tough to know without some numbers but there are a number of reasons this could happen.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

It’s likely due to compression. A softer ball will usually launch higher.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X