Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

Typically, 2 to 3 days. It probably drops by about 2/3 during an 18-hole round. 

I guess that's about what I was experiencing. Mine dropped 21% in just 5 hours. Extrapolating over 2, 10-hour days, it should drop to somewhere between 15% to 20%. Thanks!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

I understand your perception and frustration.  Your first statement s probably the biggest drawback to these systems and all the new functionality.   People want GPS, scorekeeping, watch functionality, club selector/caddie features, step counters, handicap service, and syncing all this stuff up.  I understand These companies have to keep adding features to generate new sales.   For me it is a GPS and a tool to tag the club I used for each shot and then it is a post round assessment tool.  I don’t want shot tracking to become this complex thing I need to do.  The h4 fits into what I think a shot tracking system should do.   I’ve said it before, for the average golfer, myself included, these systems may be too much and creates a lack of focus 

Since I've been using a golf watch that offers similar capabilities as the X5, the learning curve hasn't been too challenging. The recent firmware updates have resolved my initial frustrations. I do agree that the menu layout could be enhanced for better functionality. Nevertheless, my interactions with the watch during play are minimal. I mainly use it to check hazard distances and enter my score after each hole, just as I would with a scorecard.

I am looking for a future release to improve functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

I noticed a couple new anomalies. First, the putting screen (manual mode) never appeared on the 1st hole even though it has every time in the past. Second, a shot was added in between actual shots with a club that I didn't even touch.

I'll piggy back on these as well, as I have also noticed this a few times recently when post round editing on the too small/ too much scrolling web dashboard (slipped that in there).  Again, using the V3, not the X5, so I guess we're all awaiting SS to pull it together.

On another note, I received my response from SS today regarding the penalty shots, and it's a no go.   CNOSIL's info was very helpful, and helped me understand that stat a bit better, which I had never thought too much about, however obvious it seems now.  Looking at both the areas he mentioned was eye opening, and embarrassing.  Have A LOT OF WORK TO  DO !  🤪

Here's their response, which I am OK with :

Hi David,

This isn't possible currently.

We always appreciate hearing from our users. I have added your feedback to the backlog which gets reviewed each month. From there we take feedback and ideas that shape what we work on in the future.

If you have any other thoughts or ideas then let us know.

Kind regards,
Jamie

:srixon-small:      ZX7 Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:   3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small: C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- PW Ventus Red 6-R

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope:  V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:   OnCore Elixr

On 6/7/2023 at 11:10 AM, golferguy2727 said:

I’ve long wondered if Shotscope and Arccos made a baby, she might be very beautiful 😊

In a word: Yes. Both systems have highs/lows & merging them would appear to be complimentary (IMO).

My 'last' trial round with Arccos is tomorrow - then the Caddy feature will be unlocked 🥳  However, I've noticed constantly referring to my phone has slowed my play (glare, moving cursors, etc.).

Then begins my entry into X5 world. Yes - I will do a hard reset first, reload the latest firmware, and rejoin this gang in pushing ShotScope to new heights 🤞

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

I have played two rounds in Manual putting mode and it does seem more accurate, distance-wise.  Based on Lou Stagner's analysis in his March 22 newsletter on the "Texas Wedge", I started using my putter much more often from off the green than I did last year and found that I have frequently had to add these shots during the editing process. When I decided to go manual, I took the tag out of my putter.

Would I be better off re-installing it for these types of shots? In other words, would SS identify the putter as being used from off the green?

Should I treat these shots as though I had putted them from on the green using putt collect?

Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50*- Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 56* M/N - Recoil DART 90 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

13 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

I have played two rounds in Manual putting mode and it does seem more accurate, distance-wise.  Based on Lou Stagner's analysis in his March 22 newsletter on the "Texas Wedge", I started using my putter much more often from off the green than I did last year and found that I have frequently had to add these shots during the editing process. When I decided to go manual, I took the tag out of my putter.

Would I be better off re-installing it for these types of shots? In other words, would SS identify the putter as being used from off the green?

Should I treat these shots as though I had putted them from on the green using putt collect?

Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

I am assuming you are using a watch.  I’d leave the tag in the putter so that it does/tries to capture the location of the putter when using it to chip from off the green.   It is supposed to capture the putter but we know it doesn’t always.   Based on instructions SS wants you to count anytime you use the putter on the pin collect screen.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

40 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am assuming you are using a watch.  I’d leave the tag in the putter so that it does/tries to capture the location of the putter when using it to chip from off the green.   It is supposed to capture the putter but we know it doesn’t always.   Based on instructions SS wants you to count anytime you use the putter on the pin collect screen.  

I'm using the X5 watch. I had forgotten that SS's instructions were to count anytime the putter was used on the pin collect screen. Thanks for the reminder.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50*- Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 56* M/N - Recoil DART 90 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Played 18 yesterday - no issues at all with the X5. Had about 52% remaining after about 5 hours as I turned it on well before the round. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I also played 18 this morning and forgot to charge the watch. I put it on the charger in the car and had 46% when I teed off. Got home with 4% left after 3h50m.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

21 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Played 18 yesterday - no issues at all with the X5. Had about 52% remaining after about 5 hours as I turned it on well before the round. 

I don't know whether one's own geo location makes a difference in battery life, but I don't come close to that kind of life after 18 holes here in mid-Michigan (Tawas area) where I spend much of the summer. Yesterday I turned on my fully charged X5 as I got out of the car at the course. I had about 40 minutes before my tee time, so I waited until 5 mins before to start tracking. That part works flawlessly, BTW. I'd be surprised if it takes longer than a minute to find the course and start tracking. We had regular league play on the front 9, and a scramble on the back. So I ended the round at 9 holes, synced it with the app (to be sure to keep everything separate), and restarted the GPS only function on the back. All together it was in play mode for about 5-1/2 hours plus another hour of watch only mode; the battery was at 36%. 

I'm also still having issues with the X5 moving onto the next hole while I'm still on the putting green, prior to entering putts (manual) and confirming score. That happened twice on the front side. It's a PITA to scroll through the menu to get back to the missed hole and correct it. I use the locked mode so it shouldn't from be accidental touches.

I'll be home this weekend and plan on grabbing my V3 to use for a while; my X5 just takes too much fussing around with to use. The more attractive watch and enhanced graphics just isn't worth the poor functionality. I'll go back to it after the next firmware update, but right now I have to admit that regret buying the X5. In MY experience, it isn't coming close to the performance and functionality they advertise. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

Another note on battery life...

Down in Pinehurst on Saturday we played 2 x 18s. My watch was 100% charged .. and then turned Off .. before leaving for the course.

Very shortly before my tee time, I turned it On and into GPS + Track mode. Round time was close to 5 hours. After #18 I turned it Off.

After lunch as we were queueing up for the next round, I turned it On and into GPS + Track mode. On the back 9 I started seeing the low battery warning and somewhere on #15 it turned itself off........

So if you plan on playing multiple rounds in one day, suggest you bring either a charger and cord, or battery backup charger, with you and plug it in during lunch or carry a second GPS watch (which is what I did).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

19 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Another note on battery life...

Down in Pinehurst on Saturday we played 2 x 18s. My watch was 100% charged .. and then turned Off .. before leaving for the course.

Very shortly before my tee time, I turned it On and into GPS + Track mode. Round time was close to 5 hours. After #18 I turned it Off.

After lunch as we were queueing up for the next round, I turned it On and into GPS + Track mode. On the back 9 I started seeing the low battery warning and somewhere on #15 it turned itself off........

So if you plan on playing multiple rounds in one day, suggest you bring either a charger and cord, or battery backup charger, with you and plug it in during lunch or carry a second GPS watch (which is what I did).

I'd agree on the battery issues. I played 18 today and ended up with 49% when I got home. I did turn it on (clock only) when I got to the range (30 min) then about 5 min before #1 I turned on the GPS/tracking. Also turned it off immediately after #18 which took just about 4 hours.  

FYI many of the courses I've played have USB ports so I always keep a charge cord (we have 2 charge cords) in my bag for when I visit other courses. 

EDIT: I mentioned in an earlier post there are some features that are useless to me like the hole # on the bezel. On the other hand not having a quick access to battery % doesn't make sense. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I don't know whether one's own geo location makes a difference in battery life, but I don't come close to that kind of life after 18 holes here in mid-Michigan (Tawas area) where I spend much of the summer. Yesterday I turned on my fully charged X5 as I got out of the car at the course. I had about 40 minutes before my tee time, so I waited until 5 mins before to start tracking. That part works flawlessly, BTW. I'd be surprised if it takes longer than a minute to find the course and start tracking. We had regular league play on the front 9, and a scramble on the back. So I ended the round at 9 holes, synced it with the app (to be sure to keep everything separate), and restarted the GPS only function on the back. All together it was in play mode for about 5-1/2 hours plus another hour of watch only mode; the battery was at 36%. 

I'm also still having issues with the X5 moving onto the next hole while I'm still on the putting green, prior to entering putts (manual) and confirming score. That happened twice on the front side. It's a PITA to scroll through the menu to get back to the missed hole and correct it. I use the locked mode so it shouldn't from be accidental touches.

I'll be home this weekend and plan on grabbing my V3 to use for a while; my X5 just takes too much fussing around with to use. The more attractive watch and enhanced graphics just isn't worth the poor functionality. I'll go back to it after the next firmware update, but right now I have to admit that regret buying the X5. In MY experience, it isn't coming close to the performance and functionality they advertise. 

I for one will be interested to see if you get any better performance with the V3.   Using the V3, I've had multiple instances also where it moved onto the next hole before finishing on the green, if it even switched to that function at all, where I couldn't record any putts.   I've just been correcting/ adding them during editing post round.

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4  64/6 Raw Wedges

I tried the x5 for a few rounds thinking it might be able to help me avoid an arccos subscription, but I think I just really prefer that system over Shot Scope right now.  I really prefer to be able to pull up the hole overview and tap on a spot to get the yardage.  I'm not as comfortable with using the watch designations to traps, dog legs, and such.  

I use my apple watch with it to just display the GPS data and mark the flag and I feel like that is the best option for me right now.

BUT I will say after the last firmware update the x5 worked flawlessly for me.  the only issues I ran into where me not marking a putt in manual mode, which was obviously my own fault!  I wish the watch was a touch more responsive, but I say that about the Apple Watch at times too.  I think it's going to be solid once the bugs are worked out, and if you're in the no-phone crowd I think there's tons of value in an x5 over a GPS only watch.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

10 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I really prefer to be able to pull up the hole overview and tap on a spot to get the yardage.  I'm not as comfortable with using the watch designations to traps, dog legs, and such.  

I do that with a 3rd party app on courses I'm not familiar with, such as the Tag Heuer or Precision Pro apps, while using the Shot scope watch for shot tracking and data collection.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

11 hours ago, sellemental said:

I for one will be interested to see if you get any better performance with the V3.   Using the V3, I've had multiple instances also where it moved onto the next hole before finishing on the green, if it even switched to that function at all, where I couldn't record any putts.   I've just been correcting/ adding them during editing post round.

CRAAAAAPP! Maybe it was my selective memory, but I don't remember having that issue when I used the V3 last year. I did communicate with Shot Scope Support and they said that trees can cause the issue. I guess it loses the GPS signal and doesn't know exactly where it is at times. The course where I had the problem and routinely play is heavily wooded. Out of curiosity, is the course you had the issue wooded as well? Thanks

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

I do that with a 3rd party app on courses I'm not familiar with, such as the Tag Heuer or Precision Pro apps, while using the Shot scope watch for shot tracking and data collection.

Well... you are a substantially better golfer than I am but that seems like a lot of devices to deal with while playing. I also seem to remember that you play really quick rounds so it isn't like you're taking a lot of time with them.  I consider myself, as does my family, a bit of techno nerd... at least for a guy of my generation 🧑‍🦽. So maybe I just need to stop complaining about the lack of perfection and learn to work more efficiently with what's available. 

15 hours ago, MIgregb said:

CRAAAAAPP! Maybe it was my selective memory, but I don't remember having that issue when I used the V3 last year. I did communicate with Shot Scope Support and they said that trees can cause the issue. I guess it loses the GPS signal and doesn't know exactly where it is at times. The course where I had the problem and routinely play is heavily wooded. Out of curiosity, is the course you had the issue wooded as well? Thanks

I didn't have any of these issues last year either, and I do believe it is related to the firmware updates SS is pushing through to address the X5 watch.  Frustrating, but still a huge SS supporter.  As I recall from this past weekend on the holes I noticed it, it was not wooded and actually wide, wide open.  In fact, I restarted the round because the V3 was giving me very funky yardages on back to back holes, and really not working properly.  I was playing with a Garmin watch user (who had no issues), and interestingly, a fellow SS V3 user that I had convinced to purchase one last year who had no issues at all.  He only uses it for GPS, but can't imagine that was an issue.  For what it is worth, there was an airport very nearby, but then why didn't either of their units have issues???

It's been a few weeks since I checked the firmware version, but I'm willing to bet my fellow V3 user hasn't checked his firmware version since he first put it on.

Probably not very helpful or optimistic, but there you go.

Good luck to all of us !    And I'll say again, I do believe SS will get this all figured out and return to the exceptional customer service and support we are accustomed to .

On 6/16/2023 at 12:01 AM, sellemental said:

....It's been a few weeks since I checked the firmware version, but I'm willing to bet my fellow V3 user hasn't checked his firmware version since he first put it on....

So... it turns out that I was a bit overly optimistic about the X5 several weeks ago. I was so pleased at the time that I gave away my V3. It took me about a half hour of searching around the house before it dawned on me; CRS disease at its best!!! 😵‍💫

I still have the H4 so I'll put that into play to see if any of the same issues crop up. 

2 hours ago, MIgregb said:

So... it turns out that I was a bit overly optimistic about the X5 several weeks ago. I was so pleased at the time that I gave away my V3. It took me about a half hour of searching around the house before it dawned on me; CRS disease at its best!!! 😵‍💫

I still have the H4 so I'll put that into play to see if any of the same issues crop up. 

Mine has pretty much been flawless since the last firmware update (.13). I do play with it unlocked, do NOT use scoring, nor the Pin Collect reminder. I also use manual putting. I have done an occasional "hard reset" (not the "factory reset") between some rounds, but I just have to remember to check all the settings to make sure they are set to all my preferences.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

20 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Mine has pretty much been flawless since the last firmware update (.13). I do play with it unlocked, do NOT use scoring, nor the Pin Collect reminder. I also use manual putting. I have done an occasional "hard reset" (not the "factory reset") between some rounds, but I just have to remember to check all the settings to make sure they are set to all my preferences.

I have been using pretty much the opposite settings. I'll give them a try and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

After reading everyone's pains with the X5, I'll not be upgrading from my V3 any time soon.  I just got home from a round of golf at one of my locals, and the V3 performed great!  

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       TSR1
  • Fairway.      635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Halo XL Hy-Wood 4+
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash 3H
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg       Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png        Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

lazarus.png

Played another 18 with the X5 yesterday and it worked great  As mentioned previously, I unlock it and use the scoring feature which I find pretty easy to use. Battery is still not where I'd like it since it was at 49% when I finished. An interesting point with the V3, I always lost gps signal when I stepped into the pro shop men's room at the turn - it wasn't a big deal since our course is set up in 9's vs. straight 18 so I had to change to a new 9. With the X5 I didn't lose the GPS signal - obviously I still have to change to the new 9, but at least I don't have to reacquire the gps signal. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Friends & ShotScope compatriots.....go figure 🙄

I have been a ShotScope aficionado from the start. Thanks to MGS, I got in on the V1 when it was introduced in the US & have supported SS through all of the trials (with a very few errors).  I purchased an X5 which I was prepared to explore.

New Ping irons availed me to Arccos & that became my stat tracking program this season. Due to an unusual Spring in Indiana & an upcoming October wedding, my attention/ability to play has been minimized so far this season. In a nutshell, Arccos is very capable, the Link 2 interface is vastly improved, and the statistical details are impressive. Next Saturday was to be my 5th round, unlocking the Caddie versatility. I still object to paying an annual subscription fee....advantage ShotScope.

As luck would have it, I have been selected as a MGS Tester for the SwingU app opportunity. I FINALLY WON SOMETHING!! 🤣 I really wanted to test the ClicGear push cart 😬

So, it is with a bittersweet somberness that I will bid you adieu. I hope to do a worthy analysis of the app & offer my insights into another option of statistical tracking for The MGS Community. My X5 will remain in my drawer & will make its debut sometime in the future....I feel ShotScope got it right with the styling of the X5 (yes, @tony@CIC, I am a Samsung fan). As for @nupezb, I believe you are pleased some of us here help you become a ShotScope convert. @MattF , @MIgregb, & @cksurfdude, we want to believe the ShotScope X5 has potential, if just..... grrrr. @Paul Hedrick the V3 is a solid product & I hope future development for the X5 doesn't mar the stability/reliability of previous generations. @cnosil, you have been a fountain of knowledge concerning all-things ShotScope. @PhilM75072, you have been here for a while & have been a constant supporter.

It's been great getting to know all of you!! I will observe from the outside & cheer @Gavin_Shot_Scopeon to bigger/better developments for all. Winter will come, evaluations will be developed, and decisions will be made what will earn my full support as the product /software I find most-functional for myself into next season & beyond

Hit it straight & roll it in!!

Joe Loukota

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Friends & ShotScope compatriots.....go figure [emoji849]
I have been a ShotScope aficionado from the start. Thanks to MGS, I got in on the V1 when it was introduced in the US & have supported SS through all of the trials (with a very few errors).  I purchased an X5 which I was prepared to explore.
New Ping irons availed me to Arccos & that became my stat tracking program this season. Due to an unusual Spring in Indiana & an upcoming October wedding, my attention/ability to play has been minimized so far this season. In a nutshell, Arccos is very capable, the Link 2 interface is vastly improved, and the statistical details are impressive. Next Saturday was to be my 5th round, unlocking the Caddie versatility. I still object to paying an annual subscription fee....advantage ShotScope.
As luck would have it, I have been selected as a MGS Tester for the SwingU app opportunity. I FINALLY WON SOMETHING!! [emoji1787] I really wanted to test the ClicGear push cart [emoji51]
So, it is with a bittersweet somberness that I will bid you adieu. I hope to do a worthy analysis of the app & offer my insights into another option of statistical tracking for The MGS Community. My X5 will remain in my drawer & will make its debut sometime in the future....I feel ShotScope got it right with the styling of the X5 (yes, [mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention], I am a Samsung fan). As for [mention=73765]nupezb[/mention], I believe you are pleased some of us here help you become a ShotScope convert. [mention=12972]MattF[/mention] , [mention=77424]MIgregb[/mention], & [mention=58941]cksurfdude[/mention], we want to believe the ShotScope X5 has potential, if just..... grrrr. [mention=97616]Paul Hedrick[/mention] the V3 is a solid product & I hope future development for the X5 doesn't mar the stability/reliability of previous generations. [mention=15174]cnosil[/mention], you have been a fountain of knowledge concerning all-things ShotScope. [mention=90545]PhilM75072[/mention], you have been here for a while & have been a constant supporter.

It's been great getting to know all of you!! I will observe from the outside & cheer [mention=113786]Gavin_Shot_Scope[/mention]on to bigger/better developments for all. Winter will come, evaluations will be developed, and decisions will be made what will earn my full support as the product /software I find most-functional for myself into next season & beyond

Joe Loukota

I’m delighted that you were chosen as a tester by MGS. I hope to be selected one day too. I’ll definitely follow your assessment on the SwingU.

Yes, I have endured the initial headaches of the X5 and will see how this plays out. However, I’m satisfied with SS’s customer service.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

50 minutes ago, CudaKota66 said:

Friends & ShotScope compatriots.....go figure 🙄

As luck would have it, I have been selected as a MGS Tester for the SwingU app opportunity. I FINALLY WON SOMETHING!! 🤣 I really wanted to test the ClicGear push cart 😬

So, it is with a bittersweet somberness that I will bid you adieu. I hope to do a worthy analysis of the app & offer my insights into another option of statistical tracking for The MGS Community. My X5 will remain in my drawer & will make its debut sometime in the future....I feel ShotScope got it right with the styling of the X5 (yes, @tony@CIC, I am a Samsung fan). As for @nupezb, I believe you are pleased some of us here help you become a ShotScope convert. @MattF , @MIgregb, & @cksurfdude, we want to believe the ShotScope X5 has potential, if just..... grrrr. @Paul Hedrick the V3 is a solid product & I hope future development for the X5 doesn't mar the stability/reliability of previous generations. @cnosil, you have been a fountain of knowledge concerning all-things ShotScope. @PhilM75072, you have been here for a while & have been a constant supporter.

It's been great getting to know all of you!! I will observe from the outside & cheer @Gavin_Shot_Scopeon to bigger/better developments for all. Winter will come, evaluations will be developed, and decisions will be made what will earn my full support as the product /software I find most-functional for myself into next season & beyond

Joe Loukota

Joe, 

Sorry to hear you’ve gone over to the dark side 😂. However given you’ve been around since the V1, and have a X5, you’re entitled to honorary lurker membership. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I charged up the V2 this weekend to see if it still works. Plan on reverting to the old watch. The V3 averages around 5-10 missed shots per round and that is with taking 2 practice swings per shot. Pretty disappointed in the system in capturing shots. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

17 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I charged up the V2 this weekend to see if it still works. Plan on reverting to the old watch. The V3 averages around 5-10 missed shots per round and that is with taking 2 practice swings per shot. Pretty disappointed in the system in capturing shots. 

Are the sensors still in good condition? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Are the sensors still in good condition? 

Yes, I only used the sensors briefly last season and for 10-15 rounds this year. I used V2 from 2018-2022 with no issue including air travel. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

19 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

As luck would have it, I have been selected as a MGS Tester for the SwingU app opportunity.

Very nice - congrats!!

I think, not sure if, it's the same app but several years ago I'd looked at Swing By Swing as at the time they seemed to have the most functional course flyovers for checking out new courses.

Anyway good luck on your test/review! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg