Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

2022 PING I525 Official Launch

Golfspy_CG2

PING expands iron offerings with

i525 players-distance model 

PHOENIX (February 8, 2022): Significant distance gains combined with improved feel and sound in a players-distance model distinguish the new i525 irons, according to PING President John K. Solheim, who today officially introduced the newest entry into PING’s extensive iron lineup. The custom-built i525 irons are now available for custom fittings at authorized PING retailers around the world.

“What’s most satisfying in the i525 iron from an engineering standpoint is how our team has been able to maximize the flexing of the metal-wood-style face structure while creating a pleasing sound and feel,” said Solheim. “As golfers know who’ve played this type of iron design, they often sacrificed some of the feel for more distance. That’s not the case in the i525 as we’re able to provide golfers a solid-feeling iron with the increased ball speed they need to hit longer, higher shots that hit and hold the green. We’re seeing some incredible results as a lot of golfers are a club stronger or more, including Tour pros who are attracted to the compact look and increased ball speed of the longer irons.”

Forged, Maraging-Steel Face

The strength of the variable-thickness, maraging steel allows for a thinner, more dynamic face structure with an internal sole undercut in the 17-4 stainless steel body to increase flexing for more ball speed and shots that launch faster and higher with distance control.

“As we advance all of our iron technologies through our continuous research and knowledge development, it’s important for golfers to understand the different attributes engineered into each model,” said Solheim. “The i525 is clearly for the golfer in search of more distance. But it offers so much more performance, including exceptional forgiveness concealed in a players- style head. Its size and shape are beautifully crafted, and it’s packed with tremendous technology on the inside, which makes it very appealing to a wide range of golfers.”

i525_Iron_Lifestyle_3.jpg

Sound Engineering

A polymer is precisely injected onto the inside of the face to improve feel and sound without interfering with face deflection, the source of its increased ball speed.

“One of the biggest challenges we face in designing all clubs is tuning the feel and sound,” said Solheim. “Because of the i525’s metal-wood-style face design, we knew sound would require additional attention to ensure the gains in distance didn’t come at the expense of the feel. We couldn’t sacrifice one attribute just to improve another. The solution was to inject the polymer in precise amounts to the same area behind the face. The result is a significant improvement in distance, sound and feel.

Extreme Weighting

Tungsten toe and shaft tip weights combine with a tiered, dynamic face structure and cavity to expand the perimeter weighting while preserving ball speed through greater face deflection for added distance and improved accuracy. The moment of inertia has increased in the vertical and horizontal axes to provide tighter dispersion and increased forgiveness.

“The structure of the face and cavity is a significant mechanical-engineering accomplishment,” Solheim said. “They function as one to ensure golfers benefit from the forgiveness PING irons are famous for while maintaining consistent bending across the face to deliver the added ball speed and higher launch that golfers expect in a distance-focused iron.”

Friction Face with MicroMax™ Milled Grooves

Introduced last year in the i59 iron, the i525’s precision-machined face has MicroMax grooves for tighter spacing and a geometry that results in an average of four extra grooves on each club to reduce fliers in the short irons and preserve spin in the long irons for greater control and consistency. 

i525 Specifications

Multi-material construction: 17-4 stainless steel body; forged, maraging-steel face; tungsten toe/shaft tip weights; hydropearl 2.0 finish

Available 3-9, PW, UW in 10 color codes (lie angle), RH & LH. Black color code is standard.

Loft options: Standard, Power Spec and Retro Spec

STOCK SHAFTS: Project X IO (5.5, 6.0, 6.5), PING AWT 2.0 (R, S, X), PING Alta CB Slate (SR, R, S), Alta Distanza Black 40, UST Recoil 760 ES SMAC (A), 780 (R, S)

OPTIONAL STOCK SHAFTS: Dynamic Gold (S300, X100), Dynamic Gold 105 (R300, S300), Dynamic Gold 120 (S300, X100), KBS Tour (R, S, X), Nippon Pro Modus Tour 105 (R, S, X), Elevate 95 (R, S)

STOCK GRIP: Golf Pride 360 Tour Velvet (six sizes)

U.S. MSRP: $205 per club with stock steel shaft; $220 per club with stock graphite shaft

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This seems like it could be good correction for the i500s which I heard many people say were really hot but also inconsistent. These look like they could give the P790s a run for their money.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

26 minutes ago, TBS said:

This seems like it could be good correction for the i500s which I heard many people say were really hot but also inconsistent. These look like they could give the P790s a run for their money.

The i500s were a love/hate relationship for consumers. Didn’t seem to be a middle ground. To me they offered the same thing as the p790 in a better looking package. These imo follow in the same suit.

Some of those who claim about jumpers are either because they hit one on the screws when that’s not normal for them or they have a lie that produces flier lie. There’s reports of that being the case with the p790 but there are plenty of low handicap good ball strikers that have never seen that with them. In my time with the i500 I didn’t experience any it with the p790 or pxg. 

As a i210 owner these have my eye. I love ping irons and these could be a good upgrade from the i210's

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

As a i210 owner these have my eye. I love ping irons and these could be a good upgrade from the i210's

Interesting take. To me the i210 which I love and almost re-bought a set before someone snagged them from pro shop on me the i500 and i210 aren’t 1:1 matches. These are the i500 replacement and I think would be a good option for adding some help in the mid to long irons for i210 users. 

Theres rumors based off current trademarks of the name i230 that the i210 replacements are coming later this year. So if looking for i210 replacement that’s where I would look. Unless you want more help in the whole set

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Interesting take. To me the i210 which I love and almost re-bought a set before someone snagged them from pro shop on me the i500 and i210 aren’t 1:1 matches. These are the i500 replacement and I think would be a good option for adding some help in the mid to long irons for i210 users. 

Theres rumors based off current trademarks of the name i230 that the i210 replacements are coming later this year. So if looking for i210 replacement that’s where I would look. Unless you want more help in the whole set

I love my i210 but a little added hello and distance won't hurt me. We both were in the i210 testing years ago and I'm still amazed they are a current model. 

That being said i know they are not a direct replacement but just one that may suit my game a little more now. 

That and i likely could use a shaft update after superspeed.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I love my i210 but a little added hello and distance won't hurt me. We both were in the i210 testing years ago and I'm still amazed they are a current model. 

That being said i know they are not a direct replacement but just one that may suit my game a little more now. 

That and i likely could use a shaft update after superspeed.

Ping has some iconic irons in their lineup over the years. Eye2, i20 and now the i210. They don’t replace what they can’t make better and the i210 had lots of use on the various tours as well as the retail side. I think if it wasn’t for supply chain issues they would still be available at retail. 

A little extra help isn’t a bad thing. It’s something I went back and forth on before the i210 testing. I went i210 because of how much I loved the i20s and wish I would have never got rid of that set years back. My buddy here still has them in the bag and can’t find anything he likes that’s better 

It’s funny they’re offering a “retro-spec” which includes at 32.5° for the 7 iron. 😆

I consider that a jacked loft, as a retro 7 iron is 34°.

just kinda shows where it’s all gone eh?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

10 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

It’s funny they’re offering a “retro-spec” which includes at 32.5° for the 7 iron. 😆

I consider that a jacked loft, as a retro 7 iron is 34°.

just kinda shows where it’s all gone eh?

Your still in the 2000s,  retro 7 is near 37*  🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Your still in the 2000s,  retro 7 is near 37*  🤪

Wow, and I thought I was old….😉

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I saw these in a golf store the other day, and I hit a few with one in a store yesterday. Yep. Me likey!!! I would love to do a full fitting with these, they’re on my radar!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 2/14/2022 at 10:49 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Wow, and I thought I was old….😉

I think the seven iron in my first set of good clubs was 38 degrees. 

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

• 11 months later...

Anyone pull the trigger on these? 

I saw a set at the shop (RH) and they did look great at address. I was really impressed and unfortunately none there to test in LH. 

As I contemplate going into the players distance category these really did catch my eye. Loved loved how they curved the top line making it look stupid thin as well. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone pull the trigger on these? 

I saw a set at the shop (RH) and they did look great at address. I was really impressed and unfortunately none there to test in LH. 

As I contemplate going into the players distance category these really did catch my eye. Loved loved how they curved the top line making it look stupid thin as well. 

I bought them upon release. I haven’t had much time with them but I like them and they sound better than the i500

40 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I bought them upon release. I haven’t had much time with them but I like them and they sound better than the i500

You were part of the i500 and i210 testing yeah?

Still think it was funny that the i500 had all the hype coming out and ended up the i210 were the ones that had a much longer life. 

Hoping that I can find a set to test or even a 7 iron to test and get a feel of. If I can get some distance and forgiveness I think I could take the plunge. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW