Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PReed and Bryson take the bag and head to LIV Golf

TCUfrog

None of the marquee players have defected yet, with the possible exception of DJ and he’s getting older***. The rest are has been or less popular/more polarizing players - Garcia, Na, Mickelson, Oosthuizen, Reed, DeChambeau and a bunch of no names.

If a few marquee players go, that will put pressure on the PGA. Doesn’t help that LIV is backed by blood money.

Looks like more PGA resignations behind Na and DJ. “Johnson joins a number of pros, including Sergio Garcia, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen, and Branden Grace, all of whom resigned from the PGA Tour on Monday night.”

*** in a recent interview DJ said he doesn’t want to play golf for the rest of his life. So maybe maximizing his income before he hangs it up makes sense for him.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Two things.

By resigning from the PGA Tour and not being sanctioned, it will be easier to seek reinstatement if a golfer decides they want back in.  A player that has resigned can apply for reinstatement after a year away.

Given the Saudi influence, I wonder what will happen when Patrick Reed gets caught liberally applying golf rules and/or etiquette (kinder way of saying cheating)?  I can see an LIV official screaming "off with is hands!"

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

16 minutes ago, silver & black said:

If it wasn't SA funding this ... how mad you be?

Without going too deep…. A simple google search of organizations who have been invested by that country… I’d say quite a few people have used their products, very recently.  

I don’t like going this road, but it has been mentioned across the media on how storied many different countries pasts are.  I do not agree with anything that has happened in the past or currently happening, just a long for the ride to see where this goes. 

In other words, I’m neither mad nor happy…. I’m confused as to what is going on.  And I think most people are just standing there jaws dropped that this is actually happening.

I hope I did not offend anyone, but it is in my nature to love ALL people.  Free will can be a mother… you know what-er.

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

... While it would be less egregious it is still biting the hand that fed you and for some, quite a few years at the trough. Some forget those that played for barely enough money to cover their travel expenses and not only prize money but being on the PGA Tour with all the TV coverage sponsors pay outs can be higher than what is earned on the course. All made possible by the PGA Tour. 

... I am a lifelong union member from my days in radio with AFTRA to my years of acting with SAG. Like members of the PGA Tour, I am not permitted to work for a non union employer. Sure some have thrown cash at me and much more than I would make on a union job BUT no residuals, no health insurance or retirement contributions. I would add I have turned down work on network commercials that had/have policies I do not agree with on moral grounds. Also like the PGA Tour I have had issues with SAG-AFTRA but they gave me the ability to work for a nice living while providing health insurance and generous retirement benefits. So I have no tolerance for those taking everything the PGA Tour has given them, then whoring themselves out just for obscene amounts of money. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, silver & black said:

I said this is the LIV thread, but any opposing tour I would be against. Not because of love for the PGA tour or its product, but I believe it muddys the waters and splits the talent of the game. 

However! If we see changes from the pga tour because of this then maybe long term it is a good thing to happen. Maybe it forces the PGA's hand to improve the product for players and viewers or potentially makes for a evolution of the game. 

The team format interests me and I believe if done properly could change the face of golf in a good way if done right. 

So regardless of what this tour was going to be, who funded it or who is playing I don't like it and won't. The players that have left I'm very meh on. The further players that are likely to go, well they may sting a bit more. I get why they are going, them being more upfront would be nicer to hear rather then the party lines which we all know are false.... not going down that road. 

I won't miss Reed, other then the Ryder Cup when he was 1 v 1 with Rory I just don't enjoy watching him. Most of the other players have had their time in the sun and makes sense for why they are leaving. 

Bryson regardless of if I like him or not is a big name. I'd argue bigger then DJ even with his history of Majors and winning on tour. Bryson brings eyes to the sport in a way Spieth does, which isn't nothing. He is so quirky and odd that it will without a doubt be more intriguing for people to tune in to watch him. Even if his personality isn't to everyones taste. 

In the end I do hope LIV dies off, however we are witnessing a huge moment in golf and the game will have likely be changed forever... for better? Maybe... for worse? TIme will tell, but we certainly are in for a lot more discussion and content either way. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

No network will pay to televise these events without sponsors (advertisers) willing to cover the costs.  Given the current image of the Saudis, networks may have a difficult time finding those advertisers.

According to LIV’s site, the event will be streaming on FB, YouTube and their own site. It also looks like they’ll have a similar production setup as any televised tournament. In this case, any sponsorship money would flow directly back to SA, so I’m not sure that it matters these days whether a network airs it.

https://www.livgolf.com/news/liv-golf-announces-broadcast-innovation-unprecedented-access-for-global

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

In the end I do hope LIV dies off, however we are witnessing a huge moment in golf and the game will have likely be changed forever... for better? Maybe... for worse? TIme will tell, but we certainly are in for a lot more discussion and content either way. 

+1. No matter what side you’re on, this will most likely be a “huge moment in golf.”

I also hope it fails because of the Saudi connection, but this could really become a pivotal moment for the PGA if a couple truly marquee players leave - none have yet IMO. And that doesn’t have to happen immediately, I hope the marquee players aren’t watching and waiting, but we’ll never know…until/if it happens. Pre-emptive resignations from the PGA has probably tied their hands re: suspensions and bans. As written it appears they can all come back to the PGA after seasons away, even if they have to requalify.

I like the traditions of golf as a gentleman’s sport, so the glitz and glam and team aspect doesn’t appeal to me. But I realize it may well appeal to younger generations…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... While it would be less egregious it is still biting the hand that fed you and for some, quite a few years at the trough. Some forget those that played for barely enough money to cover their travel expenses and not only prize money but being on the PGA Tour with all the TV coverage sponsors pay outs can be higher than what is earned on the course. All made possible by the PGA Tour. 

This has been my point as well.  Without the PGA Tour, without the tournaments run by the tour, without the chance to win money, without the television exposure, Phil Mickelson and DJ and all the rest would still be nobodies.  Every player made a deal with the PGA Tour, because they wanted the exposure, the chance to win money, and they knowingly gave up some of their "freedom" to do it.  And now Mickelson rails against the PGA Tour because they insist that he honor the agreement he made with them.

Was the PGA Tour a monopoly?  At that top level, yes, its the only place to get TV exposure and gobs of money.  But there ARE other ways to make a living playing golf, non-affiliated local tours, none of these guys were forced to become a member of the PGA Tour, they chose to do it in order to have a chance at money and fame.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

7 hours ago, berkeleybob said:

According to LIV’s site, the event will be streaming on FB, YouTube and their own site. It also looks like they’ll have a similar production setup as any televised tournament. In this case, any sponsorship money would flow directly back to SA, so I’m not sure that it matters these days whether a network airs it.

https://www.livgolf.com/news/liv-golf-announces-broadcast-innovation-unprecedented-access-for-global

Yeah, initially this whole venture is a PR investment by the Saudi's.  The LIV Tour isn't set up to make money for anyone, its merely a way to pay players and host clubs for their services in improving the image of Saudi Arabia worldwide.  I do wonder how long the backers will continue to spend hundreds of millions of dollars for that "image enhancement" before they'll want (or need) to show some financial return for their very substantial investment.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

17 hours ago, bens197 said:

Looks like Pat Perez isn’t far behind. 

This has the making of the great resignation…golf edition. 

So odd remember he said hes doing whatever tiger does now hes going .. to be honest I thought he would of been on of the first to go

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

18 hours ago, Middler said:

None of the marquee players have defected yet, with the possible exception of DJ and he’s getting older***. The rest are has been or less popular/more polarizing players - Garcia, Na, Mickelson, Oosthuizen, Reed, DeChambeau and a bunch of no names.

If a few marquee players go, that will put pressure on the PGA. Doesn’t help that LIV is backed by blood money.

Looks like more PGA resignations behind Na and DJ. “Johnson joins a number of pros, including Sergio Garcia, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen, and Branden Grace, all of whom resigned from the PGA Tour on Monday night.”

*** in a recent interview DJ said he doesn’t want to play golf for the rest of his life. So maybe maximizing his income before he hangs it up makes sense for him.

And when Mrs. DJ saw the potential payout.......well....... it was over and done! After all those Netjet fees are pricey. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart