Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What would you do?

JerryB

Lying in bed and thinking about what could be.  What if you won the Powerball jackpot?  Golf or otherwise, what would you do?

I'd like to think I would be smart about it, but I already make bad decisions when buying road trip snacks.  So I'd likely get the annuity if only to protect me from myself a bit.

Then I'd think about getting lessons like everyone tells me to do. 😁

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

8 hours ago, JerryB said:

Lying in bed and thinking about what could be.  What if you won the Powerball jackpot?  Golf or otherwise, what would you do?

I'd like to think I would be smart about it, but I already make bad decisions when buying road trip snacks.  So I'd likely get the annuity if only to protect me from myself a bit.

Then I'd think about getting lessons like everyone tells me to do. 😁

😄 @ the lessons part!

I'd buy a golf course.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I'd buy a golf course.

How do you have $1,000,000 after buying a golf course? Start with $3,000,000.

I was talking to the owner of my course the other day and I can't believe how much everything has gone up, one of the reasons he doubled the membership fee.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

56 minutes ago, MattF said:

How do you have $1,000,000 after buying a golf course? Start with $3,000,000.

I was talking to the owner of my course the other day and I can't believe how much everything has gone up, one of the reasons he doubled the membership fee.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

😄 @ the lessons part!

I'd buy a golf course.

I re-upped our membership for next year at the muni we play.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was about what we paid the last two years.  

With what the pro and the super has to put up with to maintain the course and all the bitching people do (guilty!), I would not want the headache.  Maybe I'd buy a membership in Troon or TPC and travel to play whichever course I want.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This month my membership increased $110/month…….looking for alternatives.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My long term power ball dream was to purchase a golf course and a Mc Donald's.  McDonald's will always generate money to help when golf is slow.

11 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

This month my membership increased $110/month…….looking for alternatives.

Foz, stop your crying I have no idea what mine is going to! We are moving and my wife was the accounting person at my course. When you are used to free for 16 years this move will hurt. How can I calculate the percentage increase from zero to who knows? But my calculations show I saved over $61,000. Got to find my wife a job at another course. 

But $110/ month increase is robbery. I would be shopping too!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My long term power ball dream was to purchase a golf course and a Mc Donald's.  McDonald's will always generate money to help when golf is slow.

Foz, stop your crying I have no idea what mine is going to! We are moving and my wife was the accounting person at my course. When you are used to free for 16 years this move will hurt. How can I calculate the percentage increase from zero to who knows? But my calculations show I saved over $61,000. Got to find my wife a job at another course. 

But $110/ month increase is robbery. I would be shopping too!

Thanks Tom, golfing for free is the ultimate dream.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I re-upped our membership for next year at the muni we play.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was about what we paid the last two years.  

With what the pro and the super has to put up with to maintain the course and all the bitching people do (guilty!), I would not want the headache.  Maybe I'd buy a membership in Troon or TPC and travel to play whichever course I want.

Ummm...in this fantasy i just won close to $2B.  Do you think there will be other members at my golf course????  There will be me and whoever i invite and thats it.

And there will be a staff that will have to deal with the normal headaches of maintaining a course so i wont have to.

My first hire will be golfspy_cg2 so i can try out all the clubs he orders with his fully funded equipment budget!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I would steer clear of any type of business in the service industry including golf courses.  Currently too much trouble finding enough quality employees.

I would put everything into buildings and property in large metropolitan areas.  Set up a property management company to handle issues with rent, leases and maintenance.  It might take at least a few years to find the right people.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

In all honesty, what would I do?

Take the cash payment and have a fiduciary invest it for me after I've put about $15M in the bank for spending on family and myself. Buy a house in a warmer climate and travel between the two and probably a new car every 3 years. Live off the interest from the investments and set up my family for generations.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

In all honesty, what would I do?

Take the cash payment and have a fiduciary invest it for me after I've put about $15M in the bank for spending on family and myself. Buy a house in a warmer climate and travel between the two and probably a new car every 3 years. Live off the interest from the investments and set up my family for generations.

I didn't really answer my own question but this is pretty much what I would do.  And in a few years, once my youngest graduates high school, my wife and I (and the kids if they're interested) would likely do a ton of road tripping.  We'd stop at golf courses, museums and whatever else struck our fancy.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter