Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

RBZ 3wd - Retail vs Tour Heads

jmygolf

Anyone test both the retail and Tour heads in the RBZ 3 wd? I am curious how they flight differently and if there are any distance differences. I have hit the retail but not the Tour head yet. I assume the Tour head is about the same size as the R11 3w. Thank you for your replies...

Thank you for your reply. Can you or anyone tell me something about ball flight? Forgiveness? Spin differences? I know the rhetoric from TMAG very well. I was hoping to hear from some real tests also.

The retail is 197cc, the Tour is 175cc. They also come with different shafts, the retail is a high launch shaft and the tour comes in a choice of two mid-launch shafts.

In a very short test yesterday, the Tour head spun slightly less. Forgiveness didn't seem to be terribly different, or perhaps my bad swings were just unforgivable. Ball flight on both was pretty strong, nothing above 13 or 14 LA.

thts very interesting, the LA was 13-14 on a 15 deg head? tts close to driver LA

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Also, there's a common trend for Taylormade.

Tour/TP means the clubface is open a degree or two for woods and hybrids. They also have a .335 hosel for woods and .355 hosel for hybrids/irons

"Standard" clubs typically come with a lighter shaft and have a .350 hosel for woods and .370 hosel for hybrids/irons

I'm not sure if clubs with adjustable hosels have an open face for the neutral setting or not though.

Archived