The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

7 minutes ago, RonnieB said:

@ZoonORama I bought the wrist trainer on Amazon that keeps you from not keeping your wrist straight. During my lesson this past week it was identified that my wrist needs to be straight or over compensate like Dustin Johnson because I tend at the top to let my wrist flex too much. I was doing well, and then it went to hell!

There is always pickleball.

JK - I have had the same struggle. Took a few months for me to get that “feeling” in my head. I didn’t buy anything fancy though, just stuck a wooden coffee stir stick in my glove to check my position. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn’t the stir stick but the coffee I drank in order to GET the stick…. hmmm.

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: AI Smoke Max (10.5) 
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

TGIF all!!

A little bit of excitement (not) to start the day here - my wife gets up early on weekdays before she leaves for school .. well during the dressing to go part all of a sudden there's a very palpable frustration in the air .. she can't find her engagement and wedding rings that she takes off at night but always leaves in the same place...

So I get to up, grab a flashlight, help start hunting around the house and I mean everywhere .. as the level of her frustration is rising more .. then we get the same idea at the same time but she's dressed so she runs out to her car and AHA!! there they are sitting in a recessed compartment in the center console.

For some strange reason she decided to moisturize her hands .. in her car .. before she got out of it yesterday.... 🤷‍♂️ and 🤦‍♂️ ...

But poor thing she was totally broken up about it! ..I'm like 'honey it's just stuff' but she was really sobbing ...

So that was the start of my Friday .. hope yours is going much better!!

Happens a lot around here with lots of stuff , and it seems to be getting worse with age.  Yes, rings; wallet, yes she cancelled her credit cards (only the find her wallet shortly after reporting her wallet missing; phones (don't get me started on phones!!); keys (house keys, car key fob); and just about anything else.  I'm not immune either. 🥴 

The other day she "lost" her favorite Martini tee while we were playing the 6th hole.  She always puts it in her ponytail that sticks out of the back of her hat.  It wasn't there.  She was looking all over for it; all of her pockets, even took off her coat to check pockets in her next layer since she removed her coat on the previous hole.  I didn't know what she was doing, so I asked.  OK... looking for her tee... I looked at her, and it was stuck square in the middle of her head underneath the headband she wears above the bill of her hat to keep her ears warm.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@ZoonORama I have thought of using a paint stick to accomplish the goal. However, the wrist trained was $7.99 on the Bezos machine. 

Edited by RonnieB

At the end of the day, we are just sinners.

RB3

All of us will be waiting for photo documentation of you, @Ben Joest, and the Orangutan  🤣

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Good morning folks! It's a rain day so I guess I'm relegated to garage practice after work. Man I really need to get a launch monitor. I'm really close to selling a bike to get one (I have 3 bicycles lol). 

Carter the Silver Fox

PSX_20231214_192649.jpg.aebe9fac8a381499f3eba7dcb387a3bf.jpg Ping g400 - Driver, 3w, 7w, 4h

PSX_20231214_192616.png.8617e3838f8e076e5f8589adeda429f0.png Mizuno CLK 5H/MP-18 irons

PSX_20231214_192537.png.23ec9b7c1971db968afd3a07d3b37884.png Edel wedges and putter

Good Morning everyone!  Have a fantastic Friday!!

Back down below freezing again this morning so no golf today even though it will warm up to 40º.  My wife and I played yesterday and it just wasn't much fun; mostly bogeys with a few pars and a birdie thrown in... I guess I'm at the point where wearing multiple layers, still being cold, and not playing decent golf isn't much fun anymore.  I also think it's adversely affecting my swing.  Thinking about taking time off until it warms up a little.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well my New England tour is over. New Hampshire was freaking cold and the wind chill from the winds blowing between the building in Boston cut to the bone.

But let’s talk about the positive aspect of a solid two months of travel. I was invited to 5 golf tournament's during my travels. One in South Carolina, 2 in Florida and 2 in Massachusetts. Then add in the other 5 I’m normally in. I’m thinking I’ll be pretty busy in 2024. Gosh I hate my job.🤣

Nice to be back home for a while. Now to get some trip reports done so I can go play golf later.

Have a great day and a good weekend everyone.

They must have some inkling of how much you love golf!!

Current WITB:

Driver:  Kirkland Signature, adj. 10.5 Evenflow Riptide-Stiff, w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges 48.10F, 54.10S, 60.08M

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: Vice Tour, or Vice Pro

default_benhogan-small.gif

TGIF Spy Family!

Feeling more like myself today which has renewed my energy levels, so now I am just finishing off the antibiotics the rest of the weekend. Weather in SW Ohio should be decent so looking at hitting some balls today or tomorrow OR just going into the simulator bay down the road at this new place I want to check out. So yeah relaxing  weekend. Oh and I am definitely going to be watching the PNC Championship. Good golf tourney to watch!

giphy.gif.1385579c015fc895c5402d6f3383eec2.gif

Current WITB:

Driver:  Kirkland Signature, adj. 10.5 Evenflow Riptide-Stiff, w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges 48.10F, 54.10S, 60.08M

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: Vice Tour, or Vice Pro

default_benhogan-small.gif

54 minutes ago, RonnieB said:

image.png.771fe81a60af988bb69a28175fcb4a93.png

IMG_1953.jpeg.b01518f1e4cff4a60f49e474b731c3ae.jpeg

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: AI Smoke Max (10.5) 
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Happens a lot around here with lots of stuff , and it seems to be getting worse with age.  

I have a few Tile RFID tags - similar to Apple Air Tags - I may have to get a few more... FYI you can also get thinner stickers for things like wallets and phones. And maybe for Martini tees 😆

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I guess I'm at the point where wearing multiple layers, still being cold, and not playing decent golf isn't much fun anymore.

I have trouble with my fingers (and toes) so picked up a pair of these rechargeable hand warmer gizmos (about $25 I think it was on Amazon aka the Bezos Machine) - 4 levels of heat plus option for heat on both sides of the device, and with a pretty large battery it can stay warm for several hours. Definitely helpful .. even at the range!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Good morning Spy's

At what point in your golf journey do you start "working" the ball? 

I suppose you have to be at a certain level however once you reach that, it is so important to be able to have command of soft fades, soft draws, any kind of movement. 

I saw a post by Jack Nicklaus recently about how to hit a fade, draw etc. 

Jack kept it simple, open your club face slightly for a fade, close your clubface slightly for a draw.

Like anything else easier said than done and practice needs to be dilligent but believe me, the opportunity will present itself probably every round so might be something "else" to think about...

Have a great day everyone...

committed to performance excellence

3 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Good morning Spy's

I suppose you have to be at a certain level however once you reach that, it is so important to be able to have command of soft fades, soft draws, any kind of movement. 

I saw a post by Jack Nicklaus recently about how to hit a fade, draw etc. 

Jack kept it simple, open your club face slightly for a fade, close your clubface slightly for a draw.

Like anything else easier said than done and practice needs to be dilligent but believe me, the opportunity will present itself probably every round so might be something "else" to think about...

Have a great day everyone...

... While I agree with you in theory Jim, keep in mind Jack played with a balata ball in his prime that as you know always moved one way or the other. It made sense to work the ball one way while having the ability to work it in the other direction, although Bruce Litzke proved that wasn't necessary. 

... But the modern ball and modern clubs are designed to launch higher with reduced sidespin making working the ball much more difficult than it was in Jacks prime. I think most would be better playing a high straight ball OR playing a fade or draw if that is their natural inclination. That said I am right there with you and those aspiring to a low index would do themselves a favor learning to work the ball both ways when needed. I also think it takes constant practice and dedication to work a ball to a pin location as opposed to getting out of trouble because more often than not hitting a fade/draw around a tree can move 10-50yds and still get you out of trouble where working a ball to a pin location needs a much more precise shot and moving it more than wanted can really work against you when a straight ball to the middle of the green will not. 

... And as far as working the ball, I would also like to see anyone with even a modicum of ball striking ability learn to control the trajectory and hit high or low shots when called for, especially if you play in windy conditions. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... While I agree with you in theory Jim, keep in mind Jack played with a balata ball in his prime that as you know always moved one way or the other. It made sense to work the ball one way while having the ability to work it in the other direction, although Bruce Litzke proved that wasn't necessary. 

... But the modern ball and modern clubs are designed to launch higher with reduced sidespin making working the ball much more difficult than it was in Jacks prime. I think most would be better playing a high straight ball OR playing a fade or draw if that is their natural inclination. That said I am right there with you and those aspiring to a low index would do themselves a favor learning to work the ball both ways when needed. I also think it takes constant practice and dedication to work a ball to a pin location as opposed to getting out of trouble because more often than not hitting a fade/draw around a tree can move 10-50yds and still get you out of trouble where working a ball to a pin location needs a much more precise shot and moving it more than wanted can really work against you when a straight ball to the middle of the green will not. 

... And as far as working the ball, I would also like to see anyone with even a modicum of ball striking ability learn to control the trajectory and hit high or low shots when called for, especially if you play in windy conditions. 

thanks for that @chisag, I know what you mean about balata balls, it is sure fun for me to watch old footage of "the big 3" hacking and slashing the ball around a course so shoot 67 lol... 

After I read that article about Jack I started playing with the fade component of his theory to pretty good success. To that end I will continue to work on that this winter, haven't fooled around with the closed face soft draw yet...

Interestingly enough in my early career people would ask "how do you hit a fade" hmm, I don't know I just do it lol.

Now with the new equipment, ball included it isn't that simple for me.

Always a work in progress... 

committed to performance excellence

It’s still morning in Astoria.  After a short stint here, the fam and I will be on the move again this summer.  Should know where to by mid next week.  Could be a game changer for all of us if I end up where I think I am going to.

Wouls be some great news.  Our oldest daughter just had a spine fusion surgery on Wednesday.  She’s recovering well.

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s still morning in Astoria.  After a short stint here, the fam and I will be on the move again this summer.  Should know where to by mid next week.  Could be a game changer for all of us if I end up where I think I am going to.

Wouls be some great news.  Our oldest daughter just had a spine fusion surgery on Wednesday.  She’s recovering well.

*Another* move??!!! Wow .. good luck with that upcoming news!

And happy to hear your daughter is doing well!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Good afternoon/evening Spies. I wasn't at work today so no update this morning. But I'm doing some upgrades now and figured I'd say howdy anyway.

its-friday-madarfacars.jpg.9c6b237f986b546fb874e3b5b73fdd1b.jpg

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

7 hours ago, RonnieB said:

I'll be darn. That is a beautiful sight @Ben Joest

I’ve always wanted an orangutan for a best friend. Now I’m one step closer to that dream 😁

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

6i-PW:  :mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Recoil 110 f4

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

6 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

5 hours ago, chisag said:

That said I am right there with you and those aspiring to a low index would do themselves a favor learning to work the ball both ways when needed. I also think it takes constant practice and dedication to work a ball to a pin location as opposed to getting out of trouble because more often than not hitting a fade/draw around a tree can move 10-50yds and still get you out of trouble where working a ball to a pin location needs a much more precise shot and moving it more than wanted can really work against you when a straight ball to the middle of the green will not. 

I can somewhat work the ball when necessary or when I don't intend 🙂  Necessary is when I am blocked out or need to hit a recovery shot.   I am of the mindset that working the ball left to right isn't necessary even to pin locations and hitting a stock shot is all that is really required to play good golf.   The only exception would be flighting the ball high/low.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG