Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tommy Hilfiger Golf Apparel

Matt Saternus

Tommy Hilfiger Golf Apparel

My Take:

Before you look at the pictures below, draw a mental picture of what a Tommy Hilfiger golf shirt would look like. Preppy, Traditional, Americana? Am I close? Go ahead and take a look. Seems you were right, good guess!

Now, while it may be predictable, I'd argue there's absolutely nothing wrong with any of the adjectives used to describe what I've seen from TH's golf line (the shirts I got are from the Classics line. There are other lines with more color variety). While they are quite traditional overall, each shirt does have small detail or two that I really like: the underside of a collar having a contrast color (for the collar-poppers out there), the band around the sleeve being multi-colored, and the TH logo being hidden between the buttons.

With regard to cut and construction, these are well put together shirts that I would say run slightly more trim than your average golf shirt. One small detail that I really like is that the shirts are longer, so they stay tucked in better.

Prices for Tommy Hilfiger Golf start at $65, which is pretty much par for the course with any higher end clothing company.

While I'm sure it won't appeal to the Rickie Fowler set, I imagine most of the TH Golf line would be an easily adopted addition to most golfers wardrobes.

The Press Release:

Tommy Hilfiger Golf

For the Spring 2012 Tommy Hilfiger golf collection, the same design philosophy of bringing a fresh perspective to Classic American Cool styling was adhered to and the result is a collection true to the Tommy Hilfiger heritage and true to golf. Making this brand appeal to the golf consumer meant designing a line that truly displays golf sportswear that can be worn on and off the golf course.

As golf has evolved over the centuries, so has the apparel worn for golf. Traditionally a cotton driven category, golf wear has followed suit with the emergence of the vast variety of technical apparel that now has a strong place in the golf market. To be a true player in this category, an approach of bringing technical fabrics to this collection was imperative. The end result is an offering that features strong Classics essential for any golf wardrobe and an assortment of Fashion Collections that truly deliver “Preppy with a Twist” to the fairways and greens.

A signature grosgrain tape was developed to help distinguish the line and is evident in it's classic navy, white and green detailing on all core items for both men and women.

An assortment of fits accommodates the freedom of movement required in the back swing and longer polo lengths stay firmly tucked during play.

Tommy Heritage Golf Fabrications

TH-Tech

Polyester is at the core of this polo with characteristics that make it the ideal golf technical performance wear. A key to the performance is its ability to wick moisture and leave the wearer feeling comfortable and dry. Along with wicking capabilities comes the anti-microbial feature that ultimately results in the feeling of freshness with anti-odor properties essential in a technical garment. Easy care is the ultimate payback. Simply wash and dry – no need to think twice.

TH-Comfort Tech

The dream hybrid combining cotton with polyester allows TH-Comfort Tech polos to be uber comfortable and yet still performance driven. Breathability and luxurious feel make this garment a cut above the rest. Looks great and feels even better. With the ultimate fabric blend, this performance polo offers the best-of-both-worlds.

TH-Cotton

Tommy heritage is rooted in 100% cotton stories that are the building block for developing superior styling, quality and providing value to its global market. A fabric of choice for the brand from the very beginning, this cotton legacy has always been and will continue to be a trademark for the company and a trademark in the world of Prep.

The Collections

Classic

Preppy basics could easily be described as the starting point for any golf wardrobe. The ultimate in preppy style must begin with a great polo, layering piece and bottom. Where you go from there is really what will help set your “preppy with a twist” Tommy Hilfiger style for the golf course. Updating traditional golf style with a little flair, whether it be through solid color, a unique color combination or the addition of a wild print is a game all on it's own. You want to stand out on the course and this classic collection will help by providing the building blocks for your unique style; Tommy Style. A true myriad of colors ranging from classic Midnight for your navy must-have to Sunshine for a little ray-of-light and Shamrock for a lucky day on the greens; the

Spring 2012 Classic Collection delivers active and sporty with a few attention seeking brights.

Cape Cod

Influences from the Eastern seaboard run rampant within this fashion collection. Sandy beaches, rocky shores, blue skies, and sunshine take one to the world of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Stamped with colors of bold reds and classic navy, this playground made famous by images of the Kennedy's vintage prep style has inspired this collection. Exploding with plaids, seersucker stripes and grosgrain details, the Cape Cod Collection creates a nostalgic look perfect for today's golf wardrobe.

St. Barth's

A French island with a Swedish legacy and a true island paradise, this inspiring location conjures up thoughts of white sandy beaches, billowing green palm trees and pure blue waters. A collection that has a feeling of being light and airy with Aqua Haze, Cobalt Blue and Shamrock Green and a pop of bright Grenadine for the Ladies adds exotic flavor from the island.

Cape Town

Africa automatically brings the word exotic to mind. South Africa could be described as the colorful exotic. Cape Town is the one of the most multicultural cities of the world situated in front of beautiful waters and sheltered by the majestic Table Mountain. The Cape Town Collection brings the vibrancy of the city to life through golf attire suited for those looking for a little flare. Preppy chic is augmented with a color story of Midnight Navy as a ground and pops of color with brights and pastels. Light Pink, Lilac and a beautiful Shamrock Green have taken their cues from the brightly colored architecture featured throughout the infamous city. Printed bottoms for women, bright plaids for men and a new color story for Tommy Hilfiger performance polos also star in this category.

TH (2).JPG

TH (3).JPG

TH (4).JPG

TH (5).JPG

TH (6).JPG

TH (7).JPG

TH (8).JPG

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Just not my cup tea..but, colored pants in shades that are not common, I am always on the look out for.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived