Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2023 SQAIRZ Speed Line of Shoes

Golfspy_CG2

I got  a sneak preview of the newest SQAIRZ model launching next month.  

This will be their 3rd version If I am counting correctly, and there were huge improvments--mostly in weight--between the first and second models.   They both offered great stability and the much touted increased swing speed due to the better stability.   Read some of the very thorough reviews from MGS Member Forum Review SQAIRZ  in 2020.  

More info will come on the new shoe upon launch, but right out of the box, the new BOLD grpahics look is a winner to my eyes.  The Blue SQAIRZ really pops on the white shoe.  The shoes came with white laces in and an additional pair of Blue if you want to accent the Blue.   Or I may just go crazy and go one Blue and one White. 

Speakig of laces, one very underated feature in my mind are the little grippers (my term..not an offiical term) on the bottom of the laces, that keep them from slipping.  Therefore only adding to the stability of hte shoes but keeeping yourlaces tight.

Look for these to be avaiable on SQAIRZ.Com in Late March.  SQAIRZ offers a fantastic 30 day money back policy, so there is no risk.  In additon they laucnhed a fitting program that may bring SQAIRZ to retail shops and pro shops near you to try themon beore buying. 

I'll give these a go next week, once the 2 inches of rain we got today, clears out.  Not going to dirty them up the first round 🙂

SQAIRZ Pic 1.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 2.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 3.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 4.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 5.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This will be their 3rd version If I am counting correctly, and there were huge improvments--mostly in weight--between the first and second models.   They both offered great stability and the much touted increased swing speed due to the better stability.   Read some of the very thorough reviews from MGS Member Forum Review SQAIRZ  in 2020.  

More info will come on the new shoe upon launch, but right out of the box, the new BOLD grpahics look is a winner to my eyes.  The Blue SQAIRZ really pops on the white shoe.  The shoes came with white laces in and an additional pair of Blue if you want to accent the Blue.   Or I may just go crazy and go one Blue and one White. 

Speakig of laces, one very underated feature in my mind are the little grippers (my term..not an offiical term) on the bottom of the laces, that keep them from slipping.  Therefore only adding to the stability of hte shoes but keeeping yourlaces tight.

Look for these to be avaiable on SQAIRZ.Com in Late March.  SQAIRZ offers a fantastic 30 day money back policy, so there is no risk.  In additon they laucnhed a fitting program that may bring SQAIRZ to retail shops and pro shops near you to try themon beore buying. 

I'll give these a go next week, once the 2 inches of rain we got today, clears out.  Not going to dirty them up the first round 🙂

SQAIRZ Pic 1.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 2.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 3.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 4.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 5.jpg

Not quite for me, but head good things about squairz and I believe the testers we previously had enjoyed theres!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not quite for me, but head good things about squairz and I believe the testers we previously had enjoyed theres!

I think these are really a case of the old.  They look much better in person than picures can do for them.   Almost every time I wear them and am with a new playing partner they comment on how good they look an dthen ask a lot of questions about them.

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

SQAIRZ offers a fantastic 30 day money back policy, so there is no risk. 

My wife is interested in giving them a try, but when I read their guarantee to her, she declined.  I asked SQAIRZ about this and didn't get a clear answer.  

They state: "Backed by our 30-day Moneyback Guarantee—if you don’t love the way they play, send them back for a full refund."  However, the Return and Exchange policy states:  "In order to be eligible for exchange or return, all items must be in new, unused condition..." 

The guarantee indicates that you can wear them on the course, but their return policy would seem to indicate that if you do, you can't return them.  BTW, you pay for return shipping.

The SQAIRZ reply:  "Thank you for your interest with SQAIRZ. These can be worn and still returned if they do not feel good as long as this is within 30 days of your purchase." 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

31 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The guarantee indicates that you can wear them on the course, but their return policy would seem to indicate that if you do, you can't return them.  BTW, you pay for return shipping

It will cost you shipping both ways to try and return. At least that was my experience last year 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 minutes ago, CarlH said:

It will cost you shipping both ways to try and return. At least that was my experience last year 

The initial shipping is free.  So, you are saying that if exchanging for a different size, we pay for the return and the shipping for another size?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

SQAIRZ Pic 1.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 2.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 3.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 4.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 5.jpg

I tried the first edition that came out. I was really disappointed. There was a ridge in the heel pocket and they rubbed my heels raw. Even after adding mole skin there was no relief. I have stayed away because of that experience. I do wonder if anyone else had issues or did the shoes improve? 

Play like a champion today!

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

SQAIRZ Pic 1.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 2.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 3.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 4.jpg

SQAIRZ Pic 5.jpg

This generation of SQUAIRZ shoes will need to be A LOT more comfortable (and lighter) than the pair that I own for me to consider trying them! The only positive thing that I can say about them is that they provide good support. However, the heavy weight and lack of comfort compared with any pair of Adidas golf shoes that I own (and I own several pairs) makes them virtually useless for me.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

The initial shipping is free.  So, you are saying that if exchanging for a different size, we pay for the return and the shipping for another size?

I'm not sure it was when I purchased last year....maybe it was.   I have a hard enough time remembering where my drive went, much less what happened a year ago...lol. 

I just remember not liking the fit and returning them at a loss....which bites since, at that time anyway, they weren't available in retail stores to try on.  But, at least they didn't hit me with a restocking fee like some companies are known to do.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

4 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

This generation of SQUAIRZ shoes will need to be A LOT more comfortable (and lighter) than the pair that I own for me to consider trying them! The only positive thing that I can say about them is that they provide good support. However, the heavy weight and lack of comfort compared with any pair of Adidas golf shoes that I own (and I own several pairs) makes them virtually useless for me.

Do you know if you have the 1st or 2nd generation!   I agree with you on the first generation. They were very heavy.   

Thw 2nd which I think came out either last year or 2021 were much lighter, night and day   They felt a lot like the FJ SL’s that I was wearing at the time  

I haven’t worn these out yet, but just holding them they feel a lot like the 2nd Generation  

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Do you know if you have the 1st or 2nd generation!   I agree with you on the first generation. They were very heavy.   

Thw 2nd which I think came out either last year or 2021 were much lighter, night and day   They felt a lot like the FJ SL’s that I was wearing at the time  

I haven’t worn these out yet, but just holding them they feel a lot like the 2nd Generation  

I am 99.9% certain that mine are the first generation from Squairz.

Spoiler

My name is Bob Winskowicz, Founder of SQAIRZ.  I'd like to personally address several of the issues mentioned above. 

Our first generation shoe had a few areas that needed improvement.  The material on the collar of the shoe; the material wasn't smooth enough and would occasionally grab the sock and cause irritation.

We also determined there was not enough padding in the collar.  These two issues would cause discomfort for some, particularly if the sizing was slightly off.  We fixed this issue on the second generation and recently incorporated a new material to make the collar area even more comfortable. 

I'd really like to talk about weight of a golf shoe.  When people mention a shoe feels heavy, i ask, "heavier than what?"  The market is overwhelmed with lightweight sneaker-like shoes with no removable cleats. 

These shoes lack structure cannot facilitate the ground force exchange and proven to compromise distance and accuracy.  A golf shoe needs structure to provide balance, stability, and harness the ground force.  Structure and weight go hand and hand. 

There is nothing more important in the golf swing than stability (your ability to control your body throughout the swing)!  Forget the driver and the ball, without balance and stability, you'll will render that $600 driver useless. 

There are two connections in the game; hands to the club and feet to the ground.  You create swing speed by using the ground forces and the club and the ball are the recipients of that energy.   Remember, your arms follow your body so if you are not balanced and stable, nothing good is going to happen. 

The right amount structure in a golf shoe is imperative to providing balance, stability, and ground force reaction.  There are performance based golf shoes and then there are lightweight sneaker like shoes.  SQAIRZ, FJ Tour Alpha, and Adidas 360 (top 3 on My Golf Spy list) are examples of performance based golf shoes.  For reference, SQAIRZ weighs 477 grams and FJ Tour Alpha weighs 523 grams. 

Can you have comfort and structure?  Absolutely!  SQAIRZ was designed with a wider toe box area so you toes can sit comfortably - naturally in the shoe while all other shoes angle your toes to the center of the shoe.  you all most likely cant wait to take your shoes off at the end of the round; not with SQAIRZ. 

We have top 10 tour players wearing our shoes who walk for a living.  In fact, most recently, SQAIRZ has won 3 times on the PGA Tour, finished 2nd at the 3M (after a 4 hole playoff), 3rd at the RBC Heritage, voted one of the best golf shoes by Golf Digest 3 years in a row, voted "Most Stable" and #3 over all by My Golf Spy and outperformed all models of Ecco, Skechers, Nike, NEW Balance, and Under Armour.  Please use this test next time you buy a golf shoe: if you can hold it the shoe by the heel with one hand and the toe with the other hand and you can twist it, get rid of it! 

I'd like to provide some color around the returns/exchanges policy.   Other than Nike, no other golf footwear company allows you to wear the shoes and return them.  Our policy is presently free returns and exchanges within 30 days.   

If anyone reading this feels they have not been treated fairly or in some way was dissatisfied with our service, please reach out to me directly and I'd appreciate the chance to make it right. 

Our new 2023 Speed BOLD model is "walk the course comfortable", stable, and looks great.  I hope you give SQAIRZ a try!  

Bob Thanks for jumping in and addressing the comments and questions.  i

its great for the members when they get information 1st hand directly from the source. 

As for the “twist test” I actually did that to two previous pairs I had in my rotation and I took them on my next trip to donate at the goodwill store. 

I had tried one pair on a course that had lots of mounds and slopes to walk and hit off of.   Well you can imagine how that went. Ha 

58 minutes ago, BobW said:

My name is Bob Winskowicz, Founder of SQAIRZ.  I'd like to personally address several of the issues mentioned above. 

Our first generation shoe had a few areas that needed improvement.  The material on the collar of the shoe; the material wasn't smooth enough and would occasionally grab the sock and cause irritation. We also determined there was not enough padding in the collar.  These two issues would cause discomfort for some, particularly if the sizing was slightly off.  We fixed this issue on the second generation and recently incorporated a new material to make the collar area even more comfortable. 

I'd really like to talk about weight of a golf shoe.  When people mention a shoe feels heavy, i ask, "heavier than what?"  The market is overwhelmed with lightweight sneaker-like shoes with no removable cleats.  These shoes lack structure cannot facilitate the ground force exchange and proven to compromise distance and accuracy.  A golf shoe needs structure to provide balance, stability, and harness the ground force.  Structure and weight go hand and hand.  There is nothing more important in the golf swing than stability (your ability to control your body throughout the swing)!  Forget the driver and the ball, without balance and stability, you'll will render that $600 driver useless.  There are two connections in the game; hands to the club and feet to the ground.  You create swing speed by using the ground forces and the club and the ball are the recipients of that energy.   Remember, your arms follow your body so if you are not balanced and stable, nothing good is going to happen.  The right amount structure in a golf shoe is imperative to providing balance, stability, and ground force reaction.  There are performance based golf shoes and then there are lightweight sneaker like shoes.  SQAIRZ, FJ Tour Alpha, and Adidas 360 (top 3 on My Golf Spy list) are examples of performance based golf shoes.  For reference, SQAIRZ weighs 477 grams and FJ Tour Alpha weighs 523 grams.  Can you have comfort and structure?  Absolutely!  SQAIRZ was designed with a wider toe box area so you toes can sit comfortably - naturally in the shoe while all other shoes angle your toes to the center of the shoe.  you all most likely cant wait to take your shoes off at the end of the round; not with SQAIRZ.  We have top 10 tour players wearing our shoes who walk for a living.  In fact, most recently, SQAIRZ has won 3 times on the PGA Tour, finished 2nd at the 3M (after a 4 hole playoff), 3rd at the RBC Heritage, voted one of the best golf shoes by Golf Digest 3 years in a row, voted "Most Stable" and #3 over all by My Golf Spy and outperformed all models of Ecco, Skechers, Nike, NEW Balance, and Under Armour.  Please use this test next time you buy a golf shoe: if you can hold it the shoe by the heel with one hand and the toe with the other hand and you can twist it, get rid of it! 

I'd like to provide some color around the returns/exchanges policy.   Other than Nike, no other golf footwear company allows you to wear the shoes and return them.  Our policy is presently free returns and exchanges within 30 days.   If anyone reading this feels they have not been treated fairly or in some way was dissatisfied with our service, please reach out to me directly and I'd appreciate the chance to make it right. 

Our new 2023 Speed BOLD model is "walk the course comfortable", stable, and looks great.  I hope you give SQAIRZ a try!  

Thanks for the post Bob.  I have owned a pair of Sqairz since 2021 and they are a regular part of my shoe rotation.  I like the upgrades that you talk about above, and the upgraded looks.  I'm more of a traditional dress shoe type of golfer, so I would love to see more along those lines, but as far as comfort and stability, I have found Sqairz checks those boxes nicely.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, BobW said:

Our first generation shoe had a few areas that needed improvement.  The material on the collar of the shoe; the material wasn't smooth enough and would occasionally grab the sock and cause irritation. We also determined there was not enough padding in the collar.  These two issues would cause discomfort for some, particularly if the sizing was slightly off.  We fixed this issue on the second generation and recently incorporated a new material to make the collar area even more comfortable. 

I'd really like to talk about weight of a golf shoe.  When people mention a shoe feels heavy, i ask, "heavier than what?"  The market is overwhelmed with lightweight sneaker-like shoes with no removable cleats.  These shoes lack structure cannot facilitate the ground force exchange and proven to compromise distance and accuracy.  A golf shoe needs structure to provide balance, stability, and harness the ground force.  Structure and weight go hand and hand.  There is nothing more important in the golf swing than stability (your ability to control your body throughout the swing)!  Forget the driver and the ball, without balance and stability, you'll will render that $600 driver useless.  There are two connections in the game; hands to the club and feet to the ground.  You create swing speed by using the ground forces and the club and the ball are the recipients of that energy.   Remember, your arms follow your body so if you are not balanced and stable, nothing good is going to happen.  The right amount structure in a golf shoe is imperative to providing balance, stability, and ground force reaction.  There are performance based golf shoes and then there are lightweight sneaker like shoes.  SQAIRZ, FJ Tour Alpha, and Adidas 360 (top 3 on My Golf Spy list) are examples of performance based golf shoes.  For reference, SQAIRZ weighs 477 grams and FJ Tour Alpha weighs 523 grams.  Can you have comfort and structure?  Absolutely!  SQAIRZ was designed with a wider toe box area so you toes can sit comfortably - naturally in the shoe while all other shoes angle your toes to the center of the shoe.  you all most likely cant wait to take your shoes off at the end of the round; not with SQAIRZ.  We have top 10 tour players wearing our shoes who walk for a living.  In fact, most recently, SQAIRZ has won 3 times on the PGA Tour, finished 2nd at the 3M (after a 4 hole playoff), 3rd at the RBC Heritage, voted one of the best golf shoes by Golf Digest 3 years in a row, voted "Most Stable" and #3 over all by My Golf Spy and outperformed all models of Ecco, Skechers, Nike, NEW Balance, and Under Armour.  Please use this test next time you buy a golf shoe: if you can hold it the shoe by the heel with one hand and the toe with the other hand and you can twist it, get rid of it! 

I'd like to provide some color around the returns/exchanges policy.   Other than Nike, no other golf footwear company allows you to wear the shoes and return them.  Our policy is presently free returns and exchanges within 30 days.   If anyone reading this feels they have not been treated fairly or in some way was dissatisfied with our service, please reach out to me directly and I'd appreciate the chance to make it right. 

Thanks, for the details Bob. I have two questions. SQAIRZ promotes a stable shoe. Does this help significantly with a sway? Also, I have chronic trail knee pain from a desk job and playing a lot. Will SQAIRZ help or hurt in this case?

22 hours ago, BobW said:

Bob,  First, thanks for the reply!  My Squairz golf shoes (gray with light blue trim) are almost certainly the first generation model. They are definitely heavy (about 10 oz per shoe heavier than either pair of Adidas golf shoes that I own that are quite supportive and contain removable cleats), and just slightly heavier than my UnderArmour shoes with (9) removable cleats in each shoe [the most stable golf shoes that I own, by the way]. The lightweight Adidas shoes with removable cleats do flex slightly when I hold the shoes firmly by the heel and toe, but not a lot. However, my UnderArmour HOVR golf shoes have absolutely ZERO flex or give even when I grip them tightly and try this “twist test”.

I have no problem with the stability and support provided by my first generation Squairz golf shoes, but due to the level of discomfort and the weight of the shoes, I cannot walk and carry or walk and push a cart for 18 holes while wearing the Squairz shoes … and I sometimes play more than 18 holes a day! I am a competitive golfer who plays on a golf tour comprised of (22) events plus a tour championship of 36 holes, and one other two-day event each year, plus a statewide travel league that plays (28) 18-hole events, plus playoffs, every year.  With heavy, uncomfortable golf shoes, I definitely would not be able to walk and play in these events, plus in two 9-hole casual weekly golf leagues and various golf trips in the USA and UK every year where walking the course (albeit with caddies) is required.

Two very serious questions that I have for you are:

1.) Have you ever considered going with more than (6) removable spikes or cleats in each shoe?

2.) Did you discontinue your “free replacement spikes for the life of your shoes” policy?

Thank you, and kind regards.

Edited by funkyjudge
typos

Spoiler

Thanks for the comments and enjoy answering your questions.  Admittedly the first generation needed some adjustments and I truly believe we nailed it with the new Speed model.  There was a comment about sway ... SQAIRZ was designed with a square toe box to allows the toes to sit naturally - so the toes can splay before and during the swing; this will inherently provide better balance.  Because of the toe design, we could increase the base under the ball of your foot by 4mm wider than any other golf shoe.  This too provides significantly more balance and stability further reducing sway.   i would like to add, the wide base provides for increased braking ability.  Think of the golf swing and then snapping a towel; very similar action.  You brake twice during the swing to produce clubhead speed and a wide base is proven to increase distance.  All of what i stated here is measurable by pressure mats and software where we can see "trace lines" or how much you sway during the swing.  

Doug/FunkyJudge .... as I stated, the first gen has been improved upon to provide better performance and even more comfort.  We are always looking for way to improve our design.  Many people have have personals preference however when you consider the weight of SQAIRZ Speed, we are lighter than the best selling FJ shoe.  We have PGA Tour players wearing our shoes who walk for living.  To answer your questions: (1) amount of removable cleats - we spent a lot of time researching this and came up with a design that includes 6 removable cleat support by a circular pattern of traction lugs.  There is no need to add more cleats as the cleats are strategically positioned directly under the areas where the greatest amount of pressure is exerted.  (2) yes, we still have spikes for life - free replacement spikes.  We offer spikes for free and charge $6.99 shipping and handling.   I hope you give us another try.   

I will say this: I was able to test some Sqairz shoes last year and I was pleasantly surprised. There is a noticeable difference if I play two days in-a-row and wear Sqairz the first day only. I can actually tell the difference in support from one day to the next. I sincerely suggest giving them a try if you can. I would like more cushion in mine because I like a plush feel, but they are a comfortable shoe.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

@BobW Am I correct in assuming that all the models on the Sqairz site are last years version 2?   Will all the version 3 have the SQAIRZ on the side of the show?   I am a person that will go for a little more wild colorways (I like the look of the green speeds currently on the site) but don't like large logos or type.   

I will admit I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price on the website;  I am typically a past year release bargain hunter when it comes to golf shoes.  Not sure I could bring myself to spend $200 on a pair of shoes. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, BobW said:

Thanks for the comments and enjoy answering your questions.  Admittedly the first generation needed some adjustments and I truly believe we nailed it with the new Speed model.  There was a comment about sway ... SQAIRZ was designed with a square toe box to allows the toes to sit naturally - so the toes can splay before and during the swing; this will inherently provide better balance.  Because of the toe design, we could increase the base under the ball of your foot by 4mm wider than any other golf shoe.  This too provides significantly more balance and stability further reducing sway.   i would like to add, the wide base provides for increased braking ability.  Think of the golf swing and then snapping a towel; very similar action.  You brake twice during the swing to produce clubhead speed and a wide base is proven to increase distance.  All of what i stated here is measurable by pressure mats and software where we can see "trace lines" or how much you sway during the swing.  

Doug/FunkyJudge .... as I stated, the first gen has been improved upon to provide better performance and even more comfort.  We are always looking for way to improve our design.  Many people have have personals preference however when you consider the weight of SQAIRZ Speed, we are lighter than the best selling FJ shoe.  We have PGA Tour players wearing our shoes who walk for living.  To answer your questions: (1) amount of removable cleats - we spent a lot of time researching this and came up with a design that includes 6 removable cleat support by a circular pattern of traction lugs.  There is no need to add more cleats as the cleats are strategically positioned directly under the areas where the greatest amount of pressure is exerted.  (2) yes, we still have spikes for life - free replacement spikes.  We offer spikes for free and charge $6.99 shipping and handling.   I hope you give us another try.   

I might take another look at these shoes if the heel section is improved. I tried the version one and they rubbed my heels raw. If the new shoes have improved this, then I would consider trying them. Thanks!

I was a tester on the first generation of the shoes, and I had many of the issues that others have. My heels got blisters when I wore them, and found them heavy as well. The customer service was great though. They let me try a different size to see if that helped with the blisters, but unfortunately it didn’t. They were noticeably more stable than the shoes I was using at the time. If that’s the trade off for the weight then I guess that it is what it is. If the heel has been improved, then it would be worth a try.

11 minutes ago, 2puttbogey said:

I was a tester on the first generation of the shoes, and I had many of the issues that others have. My heels got blisters when I wore them, and found them heavy as well. The customer service was great though. They let me try a different size to see if that helped with the blisters, but unfortunately it didn’t. They were noticeably more stable than the shoes I was using at the time. If that’s the trade off for the weight then I guess that it is what it is. If the heel has been improved, then it would be worth a try.

I had the exact same experience. However, I don’t want my heels to look like rats ate them just for more stability. I say this as a retired military guy who had to hike miles at a time with pack and weapons. My combat boots were more comfortable than the original shoes. 

Edited by Javs

@BobW Bob, it was your interaction on this forum that led me to try your shoes last year.  While they didn't work out for me and I had to return them, I can honestly say that the customer service should be the model for other companies.  Kudos to you and your crew in that matter!

Cnosil, the shoe pictured above is called SQAIRZ Speed BOLD and comes in 6 new colors.  For people who like to have some fun with fashion, we've done something different ... each shoe comes with a white lace (except the black) however if you'd like to be a little "Bolder" we include in each shoe box, a second set of laces that matches the primary accent color.  For instance, the blue shoe comes with a white lace in the shoes AND an additional set blue laces (no charge) that will really make the shoe pop. 

The Speed models featured on our website are the Gen2 models and have all the incorporated changes discussed previously (lighter, revised collar, new collar material).  We provide free shipping, free spikes for life, free pair of golf socks, and free returns/exchanges.  Javs/Cnosil, I hope you give us a try!! 

3 minutes ago, BobW said:

Cnosil, the shoe pictured above is called SQAIRZ Speed BOLD and comes in 6 new colors.  For people who like to have some fun with fashion, we've done something different ... each shoe comes with a white lace (except the black) however if you'd like to be a little "Bolder" we include in each shoe box, a second set of laces that matches the primary accent color.  For instance, the blue shoe comes with a white lace in the shoes AND an additional set blue laces (no charge) that will really make the shoe pop. 

The Speed models featured on our website are the Gen2 models and have all the incorporated changes discussed previously (lighter, revised collar, new collar material).  We provide free shipping, free spikes for life, free pair of golf socks, and free returns/exchanges.  Javs/Cnosil, I hope you give us a try!! 

Want to just say thank you for your participation on the forum from the Forum Staff. 

We hope more get involved like yourself as it makes a huge difference to the members who are here and have questions. Being able to go to the source and get real answers makes all the difference.

I said I am on the fence with the looks, but know pictures don't always do justice so I will keep my eyes out for them in a shoppe near me. 

Even better we hope to see some member testing opportunities from Sqairz as they often give the best insight and real life experience for our members and more depth of a review for all to reference. 

So once again thank you so much for answering the questions! Means a lot and hope we see more success from your company and its products.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

14 minutes ago, BobW said:

Mr. Winskowicz,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions and address our concerns. Sure would love to see a test of your SQAIRZ on here. Thank you again!

On 2/17/2023 at 10:49 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As I have posted a couple of times in this thread, I am 99.9% certain that I have the first generation of Squairz golf shoes (light gray with light blue trim).

Spoiler

22 hours ago, cnosil said:

@BobW Am I correct in assuming that all the models on the Sqairz site are last years version 2?   Will all the version 3 have the SQAIRZ on the side of the show?   I am a person that will go for a little more wild colorways (I like the look of the green speeds currently on the site) but don't like large logos or type.   

I will admit I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price on the website;  I am typically a past year release bargain hunter when it comes to golf shoes.  Not sure I could bring myself to spend $200 on a pair of shoes. 

I’ll tell you what I have told people for years.  Going back to when I wore Ecco a lot. 

Shoes are arguably the most important piece of equipment of your round.   If your feet are killing you by hole 5 it’s going to be a tough round.   If you worry aboit slipping ok every shot, you’re not going to make a good swing 

$200 for a quality pair of shoes any brand to me is not an unwise decision.   I shake my head at the guys that come into oir shop and ask “what’s your cheapest pair of shoes”.   We never hear anyone ask. What’s your cheapest putter or driver 😬

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’ll tell you what I have told people for years.  Going back to when I wore Ecco a lot. 

Shoes are arguably the most important piece of equipment of your round.   If your feet are killing you by hole 5 it’s going to be a tough round.   If you worry aboit slipping ok every shot, you’re not going to make a good swing 

$200 for a quality pair of shoes any brand to me is not an unwise decision.   I shake my head at the guys that come into oir shop and ask “what’s your cheapest pair of shoes”.   We never hear anyone ask. What’s your cheapest putter or driver 😬

I’ve never taken my golf footwear too seriously. My philosophy was that if I don’t like them, at least they were cheap.
I took running pretty seriously at one point and  in running shops they measure your foot, watch you run on a treadmill, ask about sole preferences, etc. Is there something similar for getting golf shoes? I’d hate to spend $200 and have it feel like any other shoe I get on clearance. 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Honestly, considering that the new FJ BOA shoes are $250, most of Ecco's line is $250-ish, Adidas Tour 360 BOA is $250....$200 for better stability honestly doesn't sound crazy to me. At all.  Then again, it's still $200, so I can see why there might be hesitation - but from a priced-against-competitors standpoint, I'd say it's pretty reasonable.  

I've been flirting with the idea of these shoes for a while - @BobW, I super appreciate your interaction and answering questions/concerns - it goes a REALLY long way for those of us who are interested in bettering every aspect of our game we can (or, for some of us, "bettering every aspect of our game we can ... buy" 😉 ).

As a big guy my whole life, and having slipped a few times (over many, many rounds, granted) - I can tell you that stability is VERY high up on my list of must-haves for whatever my next shoe is. 

Thanks again for being a presence here in the forum, and excited to see how the new V3's test in the MGS testing!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track