Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the Testers and find their introductions, unboxings and review in the links below!

@EasyPutter Testing Post

@Swood1994 Testing Post

@JFish350 Testing Post

@IndyBonzo Testing Post

@Stuka44 Testing Post

@DerekBee Testing Post

9 hours ago, TSauer said:

I am curious to see if anyone else is an in betweener or just hear some thoughts on the XL fit compared to other brands. 

This is not Official, but initially it says I will be a medium large in Red Rooster gloves, and I always wear XL in other brands, I will be paying attention to sizing .

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

On 4/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, TSauer said:

I was looking through their site and noticed “The Feather” was the only option they offered XXL in. There are a few XL options from other brands that I can sometimes squeeze in to, but it’s kinda hit and miss and finding a 2XL for a lefty is almost impossible. Therefore, I usually stick with the cheap 2XL gloves from MG Golf. 

I am curious to see if anyone else is an in betweener or just hear some thoughts on the XL fit compared to other brands. 

Spoke directly with Kerry from Red Rooster and I did the measurements based on the chart on his website I’m a Medium-Large. That’s what I’ve been wearing for years. I will say for this glove being tested, according to red rooster, it should be a tight fit and depending you may be able to go down a size. My plan to is try it on when I get them and see if maybe a regular medium would best. Will be updating as soon as I get my hands on them (pun intended! Haha)

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S (currently Testing AI Smoke🔹🔹🔹)

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

2024 Skytrak+ Official Forum Test

My experience is similar to @Swood1994.  In emailing with Kerry from Red Rooster, I too took the measurements, and at his recommendation I went to a golf shop and tried on several glove sizes.  It seems I have been wearing a glove that is too large for me, and will be testing a Cadet Large as opposed to my (formerly) typical size of XL.   So, I am gratified to Kerry already and to be learning new stuff even before the Sussex gloves have arrived!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

It seems there a quite a few of you that will be sizing down compared to what you all normally wear. That’s interesting! 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to 2023 MGS Forum Member Test: Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove
On 4/11/2023 at 10:21 AM, Swood1994 said:

Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove – Official MGS Forum Review by Swood1994

Hello everyone! I’d like to invite you to come play a round at the newly opened Red Rooster CC. Open only to MGS members and never before played. Thanks to MGS And Red Rooster for the passes! Lay out your best outfit, clean those clubs, and make sure the coffee is brewed. Now let’s head to the “course”!

Warmup (introduction)

Now while we’re waiting for our 4th to show up after that bender they were on last night, allow me to introduce myself. 

My name is Stephen Wood. I’m a new father to a beautiful baby girl and a sales ops analyst by day for an automotive SaaS company. Or as my wife would explain it: “he lives in excel.” I live in Central NY. And I mean Central..like the dead middle of the state, in Syracuse (Go Orange!). We have a fairly short to average golf season but we make the most of it. Our bread and butter is fall golf; September to mid-October. The leaves are changing, the weather is a perfect 65 degrees and it’s sunny (usually), so long the rain holds off.

VesperFoliageresize.jpg.6e0249b6c5512fb80718301d8ceb2219.jpg

Now enough about the weather. Take a sip of your coffee (you’ll need it), and let me tell you about my game. I’ve been playing since I was a kid. I started playing hockey when I was around 3 and then my dad got me into golf shortly after that. I still have the wooden mcgregor 3-wood he cut down for me to hit off the tee. I played on the high school golf team and even made a run at sectionals. Since hockey was more of my focus in high school, I never truly dedicated a lot of time to the golf game until college. While golf was definitely easier on my knees than hockey, the knee braces made for some sweet tan lines on the golf course. 

I am not really sure how I would describe myself as a golfer other than “just good enough to get mad at the game”. I usually hover around a 5.7-6.5 handicap throughout the year. I find this to be right in the sweet spot of shooting 77-78 the majority of the time. I’m able to get close to scratch one week and then blow up the following week, shooting in the high 80’s. If the golf gods really don’t like me, then I’ll be creeping into the low 90’s. It makes for an emotional roller coaster that I somehow keep coming back for. I don’t really have a “home” course per se as I'll bounce around and play most of the courses around Syracuse. Even though I’ve basically played all of them at this point, public and private, each one offers their own little quirks that make them fun to go back to try and conquer. I think that’s my favorite part of the game; the competition with oneself. Even if I'm playing someone for a friendly bet or playing in a local tournament, I never really look at the other person or the leaderboard but instead I'm always trying to beat myself. Hit a tee shot into the tree? My voice inside my head is yelling, “bet you can’t make par!” I don’t like that voice so my response is usually “hold my beer.” It works 60% of the time, every time. Although now that I’m typing this out, maybe instead of swing lessons I could see a therapist.

VesperHillsswingreviewpic.jpg.db4bacb173a1bb286642fb57ed8ee1a6.jpg

Alright, now that we got me out of the way, let's talk about the course (or in this case the test). Any golfer I know always does their research about a course before they play it. This is no different. I’d never heard of Red Rooster before this testing opportunity was announced. So naturally I googled them and joined the Forum community call he was a special guest on. For Kerry to dedicate so much time and research into what might be a very overlooked part of our equipment portfolio got me thinking. Have I been overlooking a secret key to success on the golf course? Most of my gloves are stored outside on my bag velcroed around the carry handle. 

golfglove.jpg.c795931cb2156e18f490fee1b082a06a.jpg

I tend to go through 2, maybe 3, gloves a season depending on how much I play. My glove does get a bit of a work out as it is taken off and on between each shot. It has become part of my pre-shot routine and helps me focus on the shot. Once the glove is on, well, “the gloves come off” so to speak (okay that one was bad–I’ll apologize for that. But now that I'm a dad I can finally make those jokes so cut me some slack). Now a used glove is usually retired either once the leather starts to peel, or it has developed a hole. I have a stronger grip so the base of my palm gets most of the wear. I currently use the Titleist Perma-soft glove, but I have also used FJ and other brands in the past. 

The greens here are a little quick, aren’t they? Hurry up and finish your coffee–we’re almost ready to tee off.

Alright now that the research is done, let me explain how I'm going to attack this test. This is an equipment item you wear. So feel is at the top of my list. This glove is marketed for the “pro” level player and from talks with Kerry, it’s only expected to last 2-4 rounds. I’m keeping that in mind as durability is a concern of mine but will be weighted less due to the intended user. I have not seen this glove yet, but normally stay away from any gloves with synthetic meshy materials in between the fingers or knuckles. I’ll be doing most of the testing on the course and maybe a few range sessions. My hope is to track how well the glove can retain its form and tackiness throughout a round and will be compared to my current (new) Titelist Perma-soft glove. My expectations for the Red Rooster Sussex glove is an improved fit and better feel for the club in my hand. Next (although less important due to the reasons stated above), durability. I would hope that as an avid amateur golfer who leans towards quality equipment that I can get a little more than 2-4 rounds out of this glove. For Red Rooster’s sake I'm hoping I can disprove that claim. If we can score well in those categories, then Red Rooster might have found themselves a new customer!

I’m very excited for the virtual fitting, as I would never in my life think that being fitted for a glove is necessary. Driver? Check. Irons? Absolutely. Putter? Eh kind of a stretch but yea why not? A glove? Are you crazy? Walk in the store, try it on, buy it and leave. Or like most people I know, they remember their glove has a hole in it and hopes the pro shop has some. I’m very curious if I have picked out the correct size all these years or if I’ve been living a lie.

Oh look, our 4th actually showed! Man, they look rough. Let’s head to the first tee and get this thing started. (Updates to follow!)

Did you remember tees? haha

Great start and a fun read!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Great introductions from all. Thank you for posting and looking forward to the unboxings as you get them!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Had an email then phone call from Kerry today, concerned about my glove size I achieved using their online fitting tables.  I well appreciate now even those guides are not enough to find the right size glove.  I will explain.

The conversation went from how impressed I was with what he shared during the MGS Forum Community Call on 4/6 and I had taken photos of Callaway wet weather and cold weather gloves that are "other fabric" and a Kirkland leather glove bought bulk from Costco for a real bargain* [I have to asterisk that because the only bargain was I got 6 for the price of I think it was 3].  The Large Kirkland was definitely way to big which is why I have been giving them away and not playing them myself from the first try-on.  The Callaway Medium gloves fit well but they are not leather and will not stretch as leather will when worn.

Kerry was going to pencil me in for the Medium Men's size.  We talked and he suggested going to a golf store and try on smaller sizes until finding one too small and then going up maybe one size.  We even discussed Cadet size which I thought was not the right one for me [cue incidental music to indicate new information was about to be learned].  I said I had time and would go to Dick's and try on gloves immediately so the process could proceed sooner than later.

Dick's was busy, lots of people in the golf section and looking at golf gloves in particular.  I mentioned MGS to the man looking at gloves at the same time, he scanned the MGS Forum QR code @GolfSpy_SAM made and said "cool" that he would have to check it out.  I told him my username is EasyPutter and also he should be trying on smaller gloves and how I would know that.  Hoping he actually comes on and joins the Forum.  Same with another young man with his lady, they expressed thanks and he went with a Medium after saying he needed Large.  

I tried on a Maxfli leather Men's Small and was surprised it fit really well.  I tried on a Maxfli leather Men's Small Cadet and was more surprised it fit better than really well.  I was concerned I was missing something and tried both on again and Cadet was the better size for my hand.  I then found a Callaway leather Men's Small Cadet and that too fit tight as Kerry said it would and decided my size is Men's Small Cadet.  From the feel of the gloves on my hand my faith is growing strong in Kerry's expertise and I sent him a text with my size decision and that I bought both Maxfli and Callaway gloves as my comparison gloves for the test.

Going apples to apples with this.  Refining my parameters for testing and getting closer to a test that should produce comparative results.

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 

WITB ⚡ (Lots of Links in the signature)
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

Tester⛳logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳:Inesis: ⛳1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳:redrooster: ⛳LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ :callaway-small: ⛳GhostLogo.png.ccde624eb7cfea2672f0b34eb8fca132.png

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

32 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I mentioned MGS to the man looking at gloves at the same time, he scanned the MGS Forum QR code @GolfSpy_SAM made and said "cool" that he would have to check it out. 

Awesome!! I, too, find Kerry's info pretty illuminating - I've been "M/L or L" as long as I've been buying gloves, and I realistically need to be M-Cadet. 

FWIW, I didn't create the QR code, though I can't remember which of the other mods did, so...I guess I'll take credit? 😉 

Excited to see how your order feels when it arrives!

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

18 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Had an email then phone call from Kerry today, concerned about my glove size I achieved using their online fitting tables.  I well appreciate now even those guides are not enough to find the right size glove.  I will explain.

The conversation went from how impressed I was with what he shared during the MGS Forum Community Call on 4/6 and I had taken photos of Callaway wet weather and cold weather gloves that are "other fabric" and a Kirkland leather glove bought bulk from Costco for a real bargain* [I have to asterisk that because the only bargain was I got 6 for the price of I think it was 3].  The Large Kirkland was definitely way to big which is why I have been giving them away and not playing them myself from the first try-on.  The Callaway Medium gloves fit well but they are not leather and will not stretch as leather will when worn.

Kerry was going to pencil me in for the Medium Men's size.  We talked and he suggested going to a golf store and try on smaller sizes until finding one too small and then going up maybe one size.  We even discussed Cadet size which I thought was not the right one for me [cue incidental music to indicate new information was about to be learned].  I said I had time and would go to Dick's and try on gloves immediately so the process could proceed sooner than later.

Dick's was busy, lots of people in the golf section and looking at golf gloves in particular.  I mentioned MGS to the man looking at gloves at the same time, he scanned the MGS Forum QR code @GolfSpy_SAM made and said "cool" that he would have to check it out.  I told him my username is EasyPutter and also he should be trying on smaller gloves and how I would know that.  Hoping he actually comes on and joins the Forum.  Same with another young man with his lady, they expressed thanks and he went with a Medium after saying he needed Large.  

I tried on a Maxfli leather Men's Small and was surprised it fit really well.  I tried on a Maxfli leather Men's Small Cadet and was more surprised it fit better than really well.  I was concerned I was missing something and tried both on again and Cadet was the better size for my hand.  I then found a Callaway leather Men's Small Cadet and that too fit tight as Kerry said it would and decided my size is Men's Small Cadet.  From the feel of the gloves on my hand my faith is growing strong in Kerry's expertise and I sent him a text with my size decision and that I bought both Maxfli and Callaway gloves as my comparison gloves for the test.

Going apples to apples with this.  Refining my parameters for testing and getting closer to a test that should produce comparative results.

Good info right there.  I too need to get in and try a few sizes on. I'll be doing that today. I've had family at the house since Friday and still here. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I Just saw I got the shipping info from Kerry last night. Have to say I’m surprised he included the glove case with it. That’s exciting as I really want to see if it helps keep the form of the gloves longer as well as keeping them out of the sun when I normally have them stored outside of the bad. Also, I know a lot of people I believe Lacassem was particularly interested in the storage aspect on the community call

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S (currently Testing AI Smoke🔹🔹🔹)

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1

Reviews:

@Swood1994 "lives in Excel" ...I feel your pain brother!

Signed,

FP&A Analyst for a SaaS Software Company.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just an update.  I too have received some concern from Kerry over the sized that the fitting charts indicated I would fit into for the Red Rooster gloves.   I have sent him some photos of a large size Callaway I am currently wearing.   Hoping to sort out exactly what size I will need.

Have fun with this test guys - if this glove is like the others, you will love them!  Have 4  RR gloves, and really like them.  Keep us informed!

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

Kerry from Red Rooster graciously shared some time with me by phone last night. He gave me some good background on the Sussex glove and the Range Rooster which I will share in the review post.  With the Sussex intended to be a thinner and softer tournament/special round-type glove, my testing criteria should and will shift a bit.  Comparing to the Range Rooster will also be interesting.   Really looking forward to this!

• :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Pretty interesting reading through all the sizing experiences you're all having. I used to wear a glove that was too big and somehow got a size smaller one time and loved the way it felt. This test is already getting off to a good start!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: Cobra RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5°
Fairway: Callaway Paradym 3HL 16.5°
Utility: Callaway Apex UW 19°
4 Hybrid: Cobra KING LTDx 21°
Irons: New Level 480-TC (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)
Wedges: Edison Golf 2.0 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter: L.A.B. Golf DF3 34"/67°
Ball: Maxfli Tour (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Goooood Morning oh wait different thread, good morning either way. Received my shipping notice from Red Rooster. Also received my shipping notice from UpGlove. While trying on gloves at Golf Galaxy I bought one I thought fit and also going to copy one of the other testers and have a few new gloves to compare with. 

should have some photos over the weekend or early next week. 

keep it in the short shhhh stuff. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

Reading this glove on/glove off string this morning and @Jnoble89's comment

I am considering adding to the conduct of my testing by using one of the Sussex gloves to follow the directions of removing after every shot (and I mean driver, each iron and for putting) to follow that mode that half the golf population seems to do) until the glove is worn to a point where it makes sense to switch to the second Sussex glove.  Then wear the second one the way the other half of the golf population seems to do (see equal treatment for both camps) and see if there is any difference in the number of strokes the glove lasts for in the two methods of use.

|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

Tester⛳logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳:Inesis: ⛳1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳:redrooster: ⛳LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ :callaway-small: ⛳GhostLogo.png.ccde624eb7cfea2672f0b34eb8fca132.png

51 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I am considering adding to the conduct of my testing by using one of the Sussex gloves to follow the directions of removing after every shot (and I mean driver, each iron and for putting) to follow that mode that half the golf population seems to do) until the glove is worn to a point where it makes sense to switch to the second Sussex glove.  Then wear the second one the way the other half of the golf population seems to do (see equal treatment for both camps) and see if there is any difference in the number of strokes the glove lasts for in the two methods of use.

I think this is a fantastic idea for your testing @EasyPutter! Will give readers on both sides of the fence a great look into how the gloves hold up based on their preferred method of use. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Got my email notice I should have my gloves Friday. looking forward to it.

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Welcome to the correct side *cough* I mean our side of glove wearing 😂

Current WITB:

Reviews:

I believe Kerry and I got the size I need worked out.  He was very gracious in overnighting  the package to me, and I will have it today.  Just so everyone knows, I am going on a golf trip with 19 other guys to the North Myrtle area for 6 days, and about 12 rounds of golf.  We are leaving at 0300 early tomorrow morning. I am taking the Red Roosters with me, to use them, and evaluate them, compared to the random size, and brand gloves I just buy off the shelf.

However as this is a vacation for me, I will be concentrating on enjoying myself, you likely will not see an update from me until the 29th, or 30th of April when I return from my trip, with 12 rounds of use with the Sussex, and range time with the Range Rooster to report on.

Don D.

51 minutes ago, Stuka44 said:

I believe Kerry and I got the size I need worked out.  He was very gracious in overnighting  the package to me, and I will have it today.  Just so everyone knows, I am going on a golf trip with 19 other guys to the North Myrtle area for 6 days, and about 12 rounds of golf.  We are leaving at 0300 early tomorrow morning. I am taking the Red Roosters with me, to use them, and evaluate them, compared to the random size, and brand gloves I just buy off the shelf.

However as this is a vacation for me, I will be concentrating on enjoying myself, you likely will not see an update from me until the 29th, or 30th of April when I return from my trip, with 12 rounds of use with the Sussex, and range time with the Range Rooster to report on.

Don D.

That sounds like an absolute blast of a time! I’m only a little jealous… have fun! 

55 minutes ago, Stuka44 said:

Don D.

Send us pics of you styling them on course!

B

In the morning email

image.png.4bc2f48efe2d1da1bf1c298b8d1b193f.png

and this is starting to feel more real, was actually thinking while on the 3rd fairway yesterday that soon the test will be on and it will be a Red Rooster Sussex glove on my hand going through the routines and procedure I'm intending for the test to give the Sussex a real run for review.

I just got the notice this morning that my Sussex gloves are out for delivery!

Also, FYI, I updated my review to include some more great information that Kerry Moher shared with me about the Sussex glove, and the results of my fitting process.  Kerry has been very generous with his time!

Red Rooster Gloves are delivered! I will be doing first impressions and unboxing tonight along with the first round of testing tomorrow morning 👀 stay tuned!

Current WITB:

Reviews:

11 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

Red Rooster Gloves are delivered! I will be doing first impressions and unboxing tonight along with the first round of testing tomorrow morning 👀 stay tuned!

giphy.gif

What's this on the front step?

PXL_20230420_155837019.jpg.680b75e272ed796d1b7307670ae591f5.jpg

Can it be?

PXL_20230420_155946038.jpg.032b44fe337aee213e0ce50afd7f2983.jpgYES IT IS!!!

More to follow (cue dramatic music for the scene)

Please all welcome @red rooster golf to the forum and providing this opportunity! 

Looking forward to all of the feedback and later on will add in mine! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Welcome @red rooster golf!  And thanks a ton for the testing opportunity.

I believe that this is the first glove review at MGS, yes @GolfSpy_APH?