Unofficial Member Review: Red Rooster Rain Gloves

GolfSpy_APH

Hello all! With Red Rooster having their Member Review on the Sussex I wanted to do a smaller, but ongoing review of the rain gloves I received from them. 

For starters a little background. I have a second baby coming in June and with my first being only 15 months old my wife said play as much as you can between now and then because after time will be much harder to come by!

So a big thank you to her, but that has also meant that rain, shine, snow, wind and hail I have been out there playing when I have gotten the chance to. In truth it has probably hurt my game a little because the course I play is not particularly easy and when it is windy or rainy the difficulty gets turned up to 11. 

While I have the Sussex, Range Rooster and Rain Glove. I will spoil the ending a bit. These are pretty freaking awesome!

image.png

(Sussex left back and front, then Red Rooster back, then Rain Glove front and back)

I would say that in over half my rounds so far this season it has rained. Whether that be the whole round or for a hole or two I have had to deal with rain more than I would have liked. 

I also have used other rain gloves before and while they work and function without a doubt there is some lost touch or feel with them. They are normally thicker and while still providing grip it just feels different. 

Let us now get to a breakdown of these gloves. 

Aesthetics - They look pretty sweet don't they?

The black and red give a nice contrast while not being overly loud. The Red Rooster symbol is also pretty slick in my opinion. I also really like the inside of the palm and finger with the logo. They are just slightly raised to get that added texture and feel. 

Fit and Feel - Of course this is very very important. Especially for a rain glove as they get wet they can stretch, slide or just feel different then when they are first used. I am a medium and these slide on snug, not super tough, but snug and the fit in the whole hand is great. 

The feel is soft and very thin compared to other rain gloves. This is maybe what has impressed me the most. I am use to a more bulky feel with rain gloves and these feel much more similar to a regular glove. Big win and bonus points here for that. 

When wet they don't feel all that different. I for starters do take my glove off after every shot and that includes rain gloves. Due to my hands getting cold and wanting that added air to help warm them up I would take them off between shots. This wasn't any massive trouble and unlike other rain gloves these did not need to be rung out!

Performance - I could honestly say if I got these as normal gloves I would have no issues playing them. There is a bit of breathing in them, the tact or grip is exceptional and when wet they straight up perform. While not the warmest of gloves (maybe my only knock) this is also not what they are meant for and what they are meant for they perform exceptionally at. 

Red Rooster has made a great glove here which will get noticed, but more importantly does what it says on the tin. In rain and wet conditions they provide feel, comfort and performance that should be expected in all rain gloves. If you are someone who plays in the rain or I would highly recommend you look into these!

And if you don't believe me, they also won best Rain Glove in the MGS Most Wanted and there is another more indepth write up done here: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/the-rain-rooster-red-roosters-rad-rain-golf-glove/

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Great stuff, Jamie! Rain gloves have been on my mind since the Red Rooster call. It's been a wet spring here and I'm looking at first getting a rain jacket and then some gloves and these are at the top of my list. They are quite good looking.

I can't wait to hear how well the continue to work for you. 

Of course I will continue to update and hopefully bring some more photos (on course and otherwise). 

I never really thought of a glove review, but thanks to all the information @Red Rooster Golf has been working at providing our community there is certainly a lot more to it than just pick the best glove deal you can find!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I try not to play in the rain as much as I can but for the odd times I do play I like to keep a set on hand. My current pair are probably 10 year old FJ weathersof gloves. I think I've said this a few different times but we have a plan to go back to Ireland for a dedicated golf trip and I think a good pair of Rain gloves is a must for that climate. Looking forward to more details on these @GolfSpy_APH !

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test