Takomo Irons - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our Testers main review posts in the links below!

@ZackS - TESTING POST - 101T Series
@KC Golf - TESTING POST - 101T Series

@TylorJudd - TESTING POST - 301 CB Series

@Jim Shaw - TESTING POST - 301 MB Series

@DukeStKing - TESTING POST - 101T Series

Let's see who was closest!

I am playing at a 4.8 I dex currently, chose Pe ticton Golf and Country as by all definitions it's my home course. Par 70, I normally score 71-78 but let's say 75 for my index. I play from the back tees and this course measures 6600 from there. I had no wind, no rain and a cool 27 degrees. 

I am fortunate to have never received my first wedge until I was in my 20's and my dad taught me how to bump and run everything with my irons. I used my 8 iron primarily for this, but would turn to the 6 if the distance called for it. My 4 iron was a laser, still is. It's the easiest 4 iron I have ever hit in my life. It's distance really took a lot of my brunt off. I got very fortunate that my putter came to play as it helped out on the longer bump and runs that didn't quite stick. Honestly, if given my wedges I would have shot close to par but I didn't run into many times where I wanted a wedge ( thank god I didn't hit a bunker) so I will settle with a 74 +4. Playing my trusty TP5x, the putter rolled true all day!

I will say this though, I did have to split it into two separate 9's on the same day as we were taking possession of our new house, that was the best I could get my wonderful partner whom is also a member on here! Shout out @LBee Pretty sure Jim and I tied 🤣 

Just now, TylorJudd said:

I am playing at a 4.8 I dex currently, chose Pe ticton Golf and Country as by all definitions it's my home course. Par 70, I normally score 71-78 but let's say 75 for my index. I play from the back tees and this course measures 6600 from there. I had no wind, no rain and a cool 27 degrees. 

I am fortunate to have never received my first wedge until I was in my 20's and my dad taught me how to bump and run everything with my irons. I used my 8 iron primarily for this, but would turn to the 6 if the distance called for it. My 4 iron was a laser, still is. It's the easiest 4 iron I have ever hit in my life. It's distance really took a lot of my brunt off. I got very fortunate that my putter came to play as it helped out on the longer bump and runs that didn't quite stick. Honestly, if given my wedges I would have shot close to par but I didn't run into many times where I wanted a wedge ( thank god I didn't hit a bunker) so I will settle with a 74 +4. Playing my trusty TP5x, the putter rolled true all day!

I will say this though, I did have to split it into two separate 9's on the same day as we were taking possession of our new house, that was the best I could get my wonderful partner whom is also a member on here! Shout out @LBee Pretty sure Jim and I tied 🤣 

Correction on woñderful, she's the absolute best human being on the planet

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, TylorJudd said:

Another great round. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

1 hour ago, TylorJudd said:

not a chance, you lapped me buddy, great round, It was so much fun playing with irons only and so nice playing from the centre of the fairway, really eye opening for me, I am currently a 0.8 index so your 74 is way better than mine, what is the slope of Penticton these days, I used to play the Penticton Open back in the day before they had some of the land changed and changed the course.

committed to performance excellence

I wish I could suggest I played like Jim or Tylor, but I didn’t play as well as I had hoped.  The wind was a bit gusty, but not too bad, so I got off a little lucky today weather wise.
I normally shoot 84 to 86 off of the Blue tees.  It was a bit hit or miss with the driving 4 iron.  Not as good as my practice 9.
I did have some interesting shots from a few fairway and green side bunkers.  Getting it out of a deep bunker with a PW was interesting to say the least.  Even thought about putting it out of bunker a few times! 😂  Also approach shots without a trusty 52 or 56 was interesting too, since I had to scramble. 
The round was fun and the Takomo were definitely in prime form, but the Par 5s were a beast.  Some long par 4s were no cake walk either.  I wish I had played from a more forward tee. 🤣
I would say the par 3s were okay.  I did have a few birdie looks and sank one of them.  Chipping around the green was humorous since it was a combination of toe chipping with a 7 or 8 iron or trying a bump and run with a 4 iron from the rough.
Shot a somewhat respectable 95.  Not great but not bad.  Missed a few putts so definitely could have been better.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

not a chance, you lapped me buddy, great round, It was so much fun playing with irons only and so nice playing from the centre of the fairway, really eye opening for me, I am currently a 0.8 index so your 74 is way better than mine, what is the slope of Penticton these days, I used to play the Penticton Open back in the day before they had some of the land changed and changed the course.

Honestly Jim, I broke my driver shaft while this happened and very eye opening for me as well. I was thankful for the iron challenge as I played yesterday and wind was 50-60km/h, driver didn't really come out and it went fine with the irons. 

The slope at Penticton is rated at 127, I'd say it's a little easier than that, not much though. They haven't changed much other than the orientation of the course. Hole 1 is now #14 #6 has changed a touch and is now #10, #10 is #1. New clubhouse 10 years ago, prices are higher than the course can warrant but they did do a 1.5 million irrigation upgrade last year.

The Andy Moog Classic, was a casualty of COVID, and the Penticton Open as well to the best of my knowledge. A new amateur tour opened in the Okanagan called 12 Stix and Penticton is one of the 10 stops. 

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

14 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I wish I could suggest I played like Jim or Tylor, but I didn’t play as well as I had hoped.  The wind was a bit gusty, but not too bad, so I got off a little lucky today weather wise.
I normally shoot 84 to 86 off of the Blue tees.  It was a bit hit or miss with the driving 4 iron.  Not as good as my practice 9.
I did have some interesting shots from a few fairway and green side bunkers.  Getting it out of a deep bunker with a PW was interesting to say the least.  Even thought about putting it out of bunker a few times! 😂  Also approach shots without a trusty 52 or 56 was interesting too, since I had to scramble. 
The round was fun and the Takomo were definitely in prime form, but the Par 5s were a beast.  Some long par 4s were no cake walk either.  I wish I had played from a more forward tee. 🤣
I would say the par 3s were okay.  I did have a few birdie looks and sank one of them.  Chipping around the green was humorous since it was a combination of toe chipping with a 7 or 8 iron or trying a bump and run with a 4 iron from the rough.
Shot a somewhat respectable 95.  Not great but not bad.  Missed a few putts so definitely could have been better.

I think you nailed how fun it was. The weird things your brain starts doing with only 7 clubs to use!!!

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

7 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

The Andy Moog Classic, was a casualty of COVID

I haven’t heard that name since the mid 90s when he was playing for the Dallas Stars

WITB:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Both! He played junior hockey in the 80's for the Penticton Knights, he's from here as well. Was a big part of the Okanagan hockey school for a long while too!

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, ZackS said:

I haven’t heard that name since the mid 90s when he was playing for the Dallas Stars

Penticton is home to some crazy good athletes. Duncan Keith lives here, Brent Seabrook, Larry Lund but that's going back a ways, Josh Gorges has a place here.

None of them played Takomos though!

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Penticton is home to some crazy good athletes. Duncan Keith lives here, Brent Seabrook, Larry Lund but that's going back a ways, Josh Gorges has a place here.

None of them played Takomos though!

loosers... Takomo is the way to way better

35 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

loosers... Takomo is the way to way better

image.png.e94101d61f899df09ce88a4fb2dffb6e.png

WITB:

4 hours ago, ZackS said:

image.png.e94101d61f899df09ce88a4fb2dffb6e.png

Literally have this as my towel

20230705_124708.jpg

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Alright guys here is what I’m seeing for scores. Please correct me if I’m wrong as I could miss something. 

@ZackS with a +7 differential 

@TylorJudd with an amazing -1 differential 

@KC Golf with a +9 differential 

@Jim Shaw didn’t say what he normally shoots but I’m assuming he is a +1 or 2 differential. 

Which means @Vegan_Golfer_PNW chose the right horse!  Be in the lookout for a PM from me  

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Alright guys here is what I’m seeing for scores. Please correct me if I’m wrong as I could miss something. 

@Jim Shaw didn’t say what he normally shoots but I’m assuming he is a +1 or 2 differential. 

Which means @Vegan_Golfer_PNW chose the right horse!  Be in the lookout for a PM from me  

looking forward to it

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Congrats @TylorJudd that’s was a heck of a round. 

WITB:

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

yeah, +1 from the whites I think, and thanks @GolfSpy_BNG for not only organizing a fun event but helping me remember how much fun it is to try new things like this, I get tunnel vision and forget to have fun sometimes

Lucky man! 

I recently bought a set of Takomo 301MB iron heads, and paired them with Nippon 950GH taper shafts in stiff flex and Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. The swingweight is approximately D4 for 4-8, D4+ for the 9 and about D6 for the PW.(As measured on My SwingW digital scale, and my swingW XL).

My initial findings:

Long irons (4-5) are pretty easy to hit well. It has forced me to swing a little easier, but that needed to happen anyway.

mid irons (6-8) are smooth and have a fairly large sweet spot. 

Short irons (9-PW) are easy to control, and provide plenty of backspin for me. 

One thing I discovered: you can put some serious curve on the ball. I went to draw a 9-iron around a tree, and the next thing I know I'm looking at 30+ yards of hook for a 130 yard shot! Luckily there was no trouble to the left of the green...

I hope you enjoy these irons. I definitely have!

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Looks right to me.  Tylor is the Takomo iron slayer!  That’s an amazing score. Congrats… well earned.  I will buy beers the next time you are in Calgary!

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

7 hours ago, KC Golf said:

Looks right to me.  Tylor is the Takomo iron slayer!  That’s an amazing score. Congrats… well earned.  I will buy beers the next time you are in Calgary!

Hold it, did someone say they were buying good cold Canadian beer???? 

8 hours ago, KC Golf said:

My wife is from Lacombe, we go back every once in a while. I'll take ya up on that next time I'm in Alberta, let's throw a round of golf in there too!

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

My wife is from Lacombe, we go back every once in a while. I'll take ya up on that next time I'm in Alberta, let's throw a round of golf in there too!

Sounds good Tylor.  Jim, you definitely deserve beers too.  So hit me up if you come through town!

I rented some trackman time to get some numbers compared to my current irons. 

I will start by saying that the Golf Galaxy where I can rent Trackman time has pretty soft mats which cause the strikes to be be higher then normal on the blade. This causes the launch to be higher and the spin to be lower then off turf. For example when I did ball testing at PGA Super Store that has much firmer mats.  With this same ball I was getting getting 19.7 degrees of launch and 7039 RPM spin which is about 1.5 degrees lower and 1000 RPM more spin. I point this out as one of the things about the players distance iron category that the Takomo 101t’s fall into is they are high launch and low spin and don’t want you to think they are to low spinning based on the numbers below. For the testing I hit 10 shots with each club to try and get a good average. My ball striking has been a little off and had a tendency to hit fat. I did remove fat shots but left all other miss hits.Trackman.png.f06b1f3cf7c07ccd9933e148f8b2f33e.png

I feel as these is a good comparison as the Adams A12 Pro irons I am comparing the Takomo 101t’s against are a classic forged cavity back. In my option the hollow body “players” distance and forged “players” cavity back iron are in the same category of a iron for someone looking for something with some added forgiveness without the blade getting to big. I will point out that I have the Adams bent 1 degree strong from factory, here is a comparison of lofts.

image.png.a7889925211b1c85eca414e7cde7f4dd.png

Comparing the numbers with the exception of for some reason I was delivering 2.5 degrees less dynamic loft on the Takomo 4 iron. The rest of the numbers differences can be contributed to the loft differences. I think this shows that the hollow body style is not inherently lower spin, at least not in this case. Now for trends that I noticed. The consistency and dispersion are better with the Takomo’s across all 3 irons. There was not a big difference difference.  But one of the common knocks you hear on this style of iron compared to forged is getting hot spots and flyers. This test is not big enough to eliminate that as a possibility but at least in this test that is not the case. The other thing I noticed was very small but interesting that on average I was .8 degrees steeper on attack angle and .5 degrees less outside to in on the club path. I haven’t got them measured on a scale but at home measurements using a swing weight calculator, the Takomo’s are 1 to 2 swing weights lighter. Also the shafts are 10 grams lighter . So I am thinking the heavier overall weight and swing weight are probably causing the club to lag slightly more behind and inside. That said my dispersion was better with the Takomo’s so slightly lighter might be a good thing for me.

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

3 hours ago, ZackS said:

I rented some trackman time to get some numbers compared to my current irons. 

I will start by saying that the Golf Galaxy where I can rent Trackman time has pretty soft mats which cause the strikes to be be higher then normal on the blade. This cause the launch to be higher and the spin to be lower then off turf. For example when I did ball testing at PGA Super Store that has much firmer mats.  With this same ball I was getting getting 19.7 degrees of launch and 7039 RPM spin which is about 1.5 degrees lower and 1000 RPM more spin. I point this out as one of the things about the players distance iron category that the Takomo 101t’s fall into is they are high launch and low spin and don’t want you to think they are to low spinning based on the numbers below. For the testing I hit 10 shots with each club to try and get a good average. My ball striking has been a little off and had a tendency to hit fat. I did remove fat shots but left all other miss hits.Trackman.png.f06b1f3cf7c07ccd9933e148f8b2f33e.png

I feel as these is a good comparison as the Adams A12 Pro irons I am comparing the Takomo 101t’s against are a classic forged cavity back. In my option the hollow body “players” distance and forged “players” cavity back iron are in the same category of a iron for someone looking for something with some added forgiveness without the blade getting to big. I will point out that I have the Adams bent 1 degree strong from factory, here is a comparison of lofts.

image.png.a7889925211b1c85eca414e7cde7f4dd.png

Comparing the numbers with the exception of for some reason I was delivering 2.5 degrees less dynamic loft on the Takomo 4 iron. The rest of the numbers differences can be contributed to the loft differences. I think this shows that the hollow body style is not inherently lower spin, at least not in this case. Now for trends that I noticed. The consistency and dispersion where better with the Takomo’s across all 3 irons. There was not a big difference difference.  But one of the common knocks you here on this style of iron compared to forged is getting hot spots and flyers. This test is not big enough to eliminate that as a possibility but at least in this test that is not the case. The other thing I noticed was very small but interesting that on average I was .8 degrees steeper on attack angle and .5 degrees less outside to in on the club path. I haven’t got them measured on a scale but at home measurements using a swing weight calculator, the Tacoma’s are 1 to 2 swing weight lighter. Also the shafts are 10 grams lighter . So I am thinking the heavier overall weight and swing weight are probably causing the club to lag slightly more behind and inside. That said my dispersion was better with the Takomo’s so slightly lighter might be a good thing for me.

Great post my friend, very informative

Have my fingers crossed for your next round! You've been playing good golf so let's hope it is just around the corner!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The mystery box came in. Thanks for the hook up @GolfSpy_BNG  The ball marker is sweet. 

IMG_7939.jpeg

IMG_7940.jpeg

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

@ZackS & @KC Golf

To this point in your testing, how has the distance for these clubs performed vs your gamers or expectations? Are they fairly consistent? I know with other similar irons I’ve tried out, that there is the occasional “hot” one. E.g. the 7 iron averages 160 but a center strike might go 180 type of thing. Thanks!

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 hour ago, Ben Joest said:

@ZackS & @KC Golf

To this point in your testing, how has the distance for these clubs performed vs your gamers or expectations? Are they fairly consistent? I know with other similar irons I’ve tried out, that there is the occasional “hot” one. E.g. the 7 iron averages 160 but a center strike might go 180 type of thing. Thanks!

Overall the distance based on loft difference with my current iron are pretty much expected. I think they are a little hotter than my current base on the trackman #s. As the PW went basically the same difference despite being a degree weaker, and the 7 and 4 irons go about 6 yards further which I would expect more like 3 to 4 yards for the 1 degree stronger. As for fliers, I have had a few that went further than expected. Most of them were on the first round and the wind was a little gusty that day. Also all of the ones that have been off have been on none stock shots. For instance one where the ball was well above my feet and I was going up a club and chocking all the way to the bottom of the grip. Or when trying to hit a punch shot, had one I was trying punch them at was hit a little fat so I was convinced was going to be short and ended up being maybe 5 yards long. It has been enough to make me think since distance control has always been a strong part of my game. That said my ball striking has been a little off lately with working on a few things and I have had some wedges be a little off as well. I think the changes I am working on are possibly adding some distance even though it was not the goal, but who would complain about extra distance if you can get it 🤣. That’s a long way of saying at this point I don’t think I can provide a definitive answer. At this point I would lean towards it’s not something to worry about. I will say I have had multiple miss hits go further then expected. But that’s a good thing. 

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

I would be interested in @GolfSpy_BNG thoughts on this as well. I think he might have more rounds in with these than me. 

WITB: