Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

I believe I would be a good product test because I have read a lot of reviews. How does that make me a good tester you ask?  Every time I read a review, I have many questions about the product in question. I'm looking for something that will make me say, "yup, that's what I need".  I would go into a test as if I'm the one that's going to read the review.

Callaway Rogue driver, Cobra one length irons, Kirkland signature wedges and putter, Callaway or Titleist golf balls.

6 minutes ago, Luvnflgolf said:

I believe I would be a good product test because I have read a lot of reviews. How does that make me a good tester you ask?  Every time I read a review, I have many questions about the product in question. I'm looking for something that will make me say, "yup, that's what I need".  I would go into a test as if I'm the one that's going to read the review.

What are some questions you’ve come across on some reviews you’ve read? Just curiosity as to some of the things your thinking as your reading them.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I think I made a great tester because I was:

• Unbiased and came with open mind
  • Critical when I needed to be
  • Detailed when i needed to be
  • Used humor accordingly
  • Tried to apply multimedia and will get better - to make experience immersive
  • Changed my approach as I read other reviews and learn/adapt - still learning from the true veterans of the site as some of your details and approach to testing is amazing
  • I can write well at times, even if my style is unique
  • I feel I represent the average weekend golfer well, so sharing perspective is important to bring reader in and connect them

Finally - I care about giving back to this community so its important to me and a priority!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

39 minutes ago, billpierce said:

I think I made a great tester because I was:

• Unbiased and came with open mind
  • Critical when I needed to be
  • Detailed when i needed to be
  • Used humor accordingly
  • Tried to apply multimedia and will get better - to make experience immersive
  • Changed my approach as I read other reviews and learn/adapt - still learning from the true veterans of the site as some of your details and approach to testing is amazing
  • I can write well at times, even if my style is unique
  • I feel I represent the average weekend golfer well, so sharing perspective is important to bring reader in and connect them

Finally - I care about giving back to this community so its important to me and a priority!

This here is perfect your style being unique is what makes it fun no one wants to read the same review format over and over and over and over and over…… <~~See I like how you are you still as a person threw your reviews! Keep it up can’t wait to read another review from you!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

3 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

That photo is next level, like you are writing a magazine. Did you take that with a phone?

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

That photo is bad a$$!  And the white and black combo!

Thanks! I used a DSLR camera and a flash kit.  It was the only way to get enough light on the pushcart at night. I do think they make flashes that can work with iPhones, but mine isn’t that fancy. 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here | LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

I think that I make a good tester/reviewer of equipment because of my playing and work experience around golf.  I feel like I can boil down a lot of data to ingestible amounts without causing too much glazing of the eyes. I think that I have good insight and feel for what works/doesn't work for me, but could work/not work for someone else.  I think my reviews have been comprehensive, fun and entertaining.  I think I have broken up the data with good writing and interesting pictures.  I play and have access to a multitude of courses in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area that vary in difficulty/layout/scenery that I think make the reviews more interesting and comprehensive.  I play regularly 3-4 rounds a week, and when needing for testing purposes I do more work on the course and a little less at work 😉.  More than anything else I am a GOLF NUT.  This is where/how I spend my free time and dedicate myself to whatever I am doing (hopefully more reviews in 2024....).

Cheers, 

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

What are some questions you’ve come across on some reviews you’ve read? Just curiosity as to some of the things your thinking as your reading them.

For instance when reading about driver reviews.  For me, I'd like to know if it will improve my distance over my current driver? How does it differ from other new drivers on the market?  How much forgiveness does it have? How adjustable is it? How much improvement if I have a slower swing speed?  How about for a faster swing speed?  

Callaway Rogue driver, Cobra one length irons, Kirkland signature wedges and putter, Callaway or Titleist golf balls.

Hello MyGolfSpy Team, 

The reason why I want to become a golf tester is because I love the game of golf, I love to help people learn about different products, whether that’s golfing or just every day consumer products. For the last four years, I have been playing golf, and I’ve fallen in love with the game. Currently, I am a part-time golf grip expert that sells on Facebook marketplace. I worked at golf simulator part-time here in Minnesota and met a lot of new people whether they were beginner golfers, or have been playing for the last 50 years. I’ve learned so much from every aspect of the game whether that’s Golf brands, golf shafts, golf balls, anything really. I know I would be a great tester to any company that I work with and would have a great time and would give great insight and knowledge toward the experience. 

IMG_1719.jpeg

Hi There, I am Sales manager that works from home and loves golf. I have been playing golf for the last four years and have fallen in love with the game and everything about it. I currently have a side business regripping clubs for people in the Minneapolis area. Always looking for a new opportunities to learn and grow as person. 

A lot of folks on here have a much more impressive golfing resume than I do but I think that helps me bring something different to the table. I’m newer to the game going into my 3rd season now. I don’t have any preconceived biases about a brand or type of product. I have leaned a good deal about my game and if something works for me great if not I move on regardless of what it is (looking at you Scotty Cameron). Golf is also growing rapidly and I can provide the perspective of a newer golfer as it can be confusing and overwhelming when you start. I have dropped my handicap pretty quickly and ended last season with at a 16. I attribute this in part to being an avid MGS follower and taking all the knowledge I can out of the articles and forum. 

One other unique aspect to my game is that I am a high swing speed player but still have a fairly high handicap. I average about 118mph with my driver but can get into the mid 120s if I’m going just for speed. There are a few longer hitters than me on here so why should you care? Looking at strokes gained I should be a much better player than I am with those distances. I am prone to hitting OB off the tee. If the right ball, iron, or driver can help me miss a few less greens or fewer penalty areas the improvement would be very obvious and appreciated. I have found that products designed for high swing speed are typically for nearly scratch players who aren’t as concerned with forgiveness. I would like to find something that works for players like me who can swing it fast but haven’t played all that long or don’t have time to dedicate to their swing. I can test that and provide feedback for that group of golfers (there’s more of us than you’d think).

I’ve had the pleasure of being a tester for the AIT3 Zebra putter. The whole experience was a ton of fun. After having been a part of a test I know what to expect. I also have ideas about how I would handle another test based on what worked and what didn’t. A new indoor simulator opened up just down the street from me where I can go regularly to get more data and numbers that you just can’t get out on a course. I’d like to bring my experience as a previous tester to another testing opportunity to apply all that I’ve learned. 

I love talking shop with my fellow spies and doing it as a tester is extremely rewarding and fun. 

Tester Opportunities

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

The Bag

Driver - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke MAX Driver with Project X Denali - 6.5

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro 20° with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges - :ping-small: S159 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold X100 (TESTER)

Putter - :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter , 🦓 Zebra AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro Plus

Tester for 

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

Might as well take a swing at this (quite literally). I’ve been looking to upgrade my clubs recently so got to try a few out. Started out with irons and getting into Drivers now. I’ve had an old TM R11 in the bag until it cracked and have borrowed my buddy’s King Radspeed for the past year and loved it. Getting into drivers was my next gig, but also favorite since my previous life in baseball only taught me to swing hard. 

I’ve had a love for golf after baseball so now I’m taking my competitive spirit into Golf! I had a small stint of dreaming to be a long driver but never went through with it. My buddies and I would hit the range and see if we could break 190 ball speed but always seemed to slice it out the driving range (sorry cars on freeway!) 😂

I know the path to being a tester takes time and commitment, so if I get selected I am beyond honored and happy to be a part of this community, but I’m also excited to dig more into the forums and find some new ways to enjoy Golf more. And hey, who knows.. maybe my long drive dream may come true one day too!

PS. Here’s some photos from 2023. And also got to tour Pebble while we were out for a wedding and my old man had his first hole in one!

IMG_3202.jpeg.c2d2fb70a89fafff42bdccba3af632d3.jpegIMG_3528.jpeg.fa940e4ecec5d98a6678e1b14f0f9dbc.jpeg

- Josh

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For the 100th comment - I won't even say why I should be. I'm very grateful to be in the position I'm in and to have received the opportunities I have. They are so much work I am actually quite picky about things now as I want to ensure I'm excited and put my all into every opportunity.

I love the excitement for those who are selected and how stupid happy they are. 

This year will be exciting and I hope of the 80 plus who have posted here you check out the guide on how to be a tester and reslly get us to notice you!

The tests to start this year have already been amazing…I know you’ve said this was going to be a big year, but WOW!  The MGS team is already knocking it out of the park!  Really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings and following the team as the go through the various tests.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

The tests to start this year have already been amazing…I know you’ve said this was going to be a big year, but WOW!  The MGS team is already knocking it out of the park!  Really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings and following the team as the go through the various tests.

To drop a hint is I am very excited for the variety of tests. From clubs to tech to other we have just a really cool lineup built and committed already... And we still have much of July and August to fill in.

Come for the testing, stay for the community.

We know testing is the big draw, but I hope we see a lot more get the bug for the forum and deeply involved. That's my hope.

It should be a lot of fun, but it's also just a portion of what we have to offer here.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I can tell you from my experience in life, in golf, and on this forum are not exactly unique, but somewhat  normal. It's all been fun, challenging, filled with learning, and great experiences. I do not offer a wonder golf game to base the products off of, but I offer what an average/high handicapper offers. What seperates me, is I am in the grind as we speak on getting better. The grind is not only focused on lowering my score, but also learning to play free, getting my body in shape, learning about the legends, and learning about how golf can translate to off the course. To me, I offer communication to the fourm leaders as well as the everyday spy. One of the best attributes I offer, is being a blank slate with very little prior experince, but willing to try anything. As I read other reviews, I either did not know the company or did not know of the company. If you are looking for an unbasis opinion, I can likely be the clean slate you are looking for. 

Also thanks to this forum because it's pretty amazing! 

Samuel Hanvey 

Stupid Happy describes me perfectly.  I just like to give to the community and make this independent function that helps ALL golfers thrive!

- off to find a meme on stupid happy ...

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

The idea of becoming a tester and being able to give real world feedback is awesome. Most of the he reviews and feedback you see are from manufacturers or from players whose life is golf. When you come in to mygolfspy and read the forums you get a peek into a different situation. As parents we all know the importance of real world feedback, not reviews from influencers and celebrities. 

Personally I believe I would be a good tester for a number of reasons. I have zero brand loyalty, my bag is totally mixed...I play what I like. My work is flexible enough for me to play multiple times a week and my buddy just got a launch monitor setup in his garage. My driver was a tool that worked from time to time but it's becoming a real weapon. 

Mizuno STX driver, ping g425 hybrid, ping irons, odyssey putter. 

29 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

To drop a hint is I am very excited for the variety of tests. From clubs to tech to other we have just a really cool lineup built and committed already... And we still have much of July and August to fill in.

We know testing is the big draw, but I hope we see a lot more get the bug for the forum and deeply involved. That's my hope.

It should be a lot of fun, but it's also just a portion of what we have to offer here.

If you are excited, then it is going to be awesome…looking forward to the announcements.

I randomly stumbled upon the forum, starting with a random test announcement, but digging more into the forum it is truly a unique place with a great  group of people and tremendous knowledge being shared.  Happy to be a part of the community!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

7 hours ago, JaySavay said:

Might as well take a swing at this (quite literally). I’ve been looking to upgrade my clubs recently so got to try a few out. Started out with irons and getting into Drivers now. I’ve had an old TM R11 in the bag until it cracked and have borrowed my buddy’s King Radspeed for the past year and loved it. Getting into drivers was my next gig, but also favorite since my previous life in baseball only taught me to swing hard. 

I’ve had a love for golf after baseball so now I’m taking my competitive spirit into Golf! I had a small stint of dreaming to be a long driver but never went through with it. My buddies and I would hit the range and see if we could break 190 ball speed but always seemed to slice it out the driving range (sorry cars on freeway!) 😂

I know the path to being a tester takes time and commitment, so if I get selected I am beyond honored and happy to be a part of this community, but I’m also excited to dig more into the forums and find some new ways to enjoy Golf more. And hey, who knows.. maybe my long drive dream may come true one day too!

PS. Here’s some photos from 2023. And also got to tour Pebble while we were out for a wedding and my old man had his first hole in one!

IMG_3202.jpeg.c2d2fb70a89fafff42bdccba3af632d3.jpegIMG_3528.jpeg.fa940e4ecec5d98a6678e1b14f0f9dbc.jpeg

IMG_4218.mov 7.91 MB · 0 downloads  

IMG_3520.mov 11.85 MB · 0 downloads  

Winter here I am so jealous

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

17 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Winter here I am so jealous

Hey, in CA there’s a sunshine tax if you’re willing to pay it! I guess it’s the price of year round golf lol

- Josh

Having done a few tests here the biggest hurdle to overcome is the excitement.

WOW! I was picked to be a tester for "...."

We all have unconscious biases and when you get that new 'thing' we want it to be good and we know it will be good so we just have to prove it is good.

This is where the challenge comes in: How can we overcome this bias and be independently critical of this thing. Can I take off these rose-colored glasses and provide a fair and discrete opinion?

It's hard; really, really hard... and I had to do it recently. I tested the Paradym driver and wanted to like it so bad but there came a point where I had to be honest with myself and with everyone on the forum that, you know what, it's not for me, and maybe that means it's not for you. And that's okay; that's what we are all here for.

We don't want everyone writing glowing reviews of every product that's tested. 
Honest, fair, autonomous opinions.

also - good writing and good pictures go a long long way. 

Say what you want to say using the fewest words possible. <-- this is KEY for people reading reviews.

looking forward to reading the many reviews to come this year!

IMG_20200807_133801.jpg.c841c2f009a06ffa2e109f163d5b37a3.jpg

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

On 2/2/2024 at 2:05 PM, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

As someone who is still new around here, I have been tossing my hat into the testing opportunities just to show that I am interested and watching closely. I did not in any way expect to jump on MGS and start testing, that does not sound in any way realistic.

I joined MGS forum in 2018 having kind of stumbled on it while doing research on new irons to replace my PE2's (yes, you read correctly... playing PE2's in 2018 😄).  I was selected as a tester for the PING G410 drivers.  I remember coming home from a round of golf in Yuma, AZ, where we wintetred, seeing the email, and being both excited and apprehensive at the same time.  

Like first, I didn't expect to be selected and, second, I've never tested and reported on golf equipment before... what the heck did I get myself into 😲.  But the mod's were really helpful and the review template quite easy to follow.  I'm still playing the G410P today though it has an aftermarket shaft that came about as part of a bag fitting at TrueSpec.

I have been fortunate to be selected for other tests, most recently the Odyssey AI MIlled Putter and have made it a point to try an "up my game" with each successive product review.  Keeping up with the social media, tech savvy yutes on our forum, I've added near Oscar level YT video's and creative photo's that even Ansel Adams would be envy of 🤣.  

In all seriousness, I find the MGS forum and Hit Squad testing to be the best source of product reviews.  I want to hear from players like you and I more so than pros and elite am's with swings that can make a haphazard bag from Goodwill look good.  I try and follow most all of our product reviews and engage in the discussion as the testers go through their testing.  To that end, when I get the opportunity to test a product, I take it seriously and want the information to be useful to those considering the equipment.  We've had a few "ghosted" reviews and that's unfortunate and a kick in the willy to the OEM's, the forum staff and the forum.  The opportunity to keep expensive products comes with a responsibility.

So my point in this is, don't be surprised but rather ready to go.  Cause you just never know when your number is going to be called.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I joined MGS forum in 2018 having kind of stumbled on it while doing research on new irons to replace my PE2's (yes, you read correctly... playing PE2's in 2018 😄). 

Ha! I was still gaming my PE2s when I got fitted for my Mizunos in 2022. Still have them and will likely have them buried with me when I pass. Love those clubs.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

On 2/2/2024 at 3:04 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay, here is your chance to brag and show off to tell us why you would make an awesome tester! Send in your best photos, videos, tell us what unique twist you may bring to a testing opportunity and why we should be giving you hundreds of dollars or more worth of equipment! 

Then if you really want to make an impression. Read this thread (main first few posts) https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/ leave a reaction and comment if you found it useful!

Testing a product is a privilege that I would love to have.

I have been golfing for 10 months now and have worked my way down a 12 handicap. Although I am very young in my golf career (and my life career), I am mature and ready to take on the responsibilities of being a tester. I do some sort of golf activity every single day. Even on days when I can’t be outside, I am putting indoors. I understand that my review could have an effect on the people that read it. I would never want to give false information to a fellow golfer. I understand the value of money and I would never want someone to regret the purchase of a golf item that my review influenced. 

I have funded my entire golf journey, including volunteering at my local course for playing privileges. I am a hardworking individual with an extreme passion for the game. I believe I am a great candidate for testing.

Callaway Maverik 9.0 (Hazerdus Smoke 6.0 55g)

Callaway Epic Max 3w (Hazerdus smoke 6.0 65g)

Ping G400 3hy (stock stiff shaft 70g)

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-9 (project x LZ 6.0 120g)

Cleveland RTX 6 46, 50, 54

Cleveland RTX fullface 58

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I will say, that I came around and read a few reviews that were from the testers here. I like the honesty each one brings regardless if the product worked out for them or not. It's a breath of fresh air being able to read a review about a certain product and not have any big oem pressuring them into giving the best review possible. Not every product is going to be the best for everyone. And by doing these I feel people of the same playing ability based on handicap, can get an understanding if it would be good for their bag. Or the tech that is available for review and seeing if it could be of benefit to your game or fitness, that's a step forward for some companies. They get an honest feed back from people who are not PGA professionals. Yeah, getting with one to sponsor their product is a big advertisement benefit, but if it's not going to hit with the majority of people in golf, then it may be for nothing. Just my two cents. Listening to a few people who are reservists talk about the forum, I said I need to be more involved. I came back and forced myself to get involved in the different topics. Now I am pretty excited to read everyone's reviews of what they are testing. Really looking forward to these TaylorMade Qi driver reviews.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

First off, I would go with my 58+ years of playing (has it really been that long?)  and developing my game from novice to single digit handicapper,  playing in all sorts of conditions, and using a variety of equipment over all of that time.  In addition to the golf background, my work background was as a forensic scientist for 30 years, utilizing analytical skills to come up with answers, and being the director of quality assurance.  So my life skills help with these projects.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

I think i should be a tester, simply for the fact that i have a high handicapp (26.8,) and always looking to lower it. 

I golfed as a teen, mostly on Father's day with my dad. Didnt touch a club between age 21 and 44. After my dad passed away in February of 2022, i golfed a round with his golfing buddy, who is also a family friend, and got sucked into the golf world that my dad enjoyed so much.

I went out and bought a cheap ready to go set of top flight clubs and quickly added a Nike Victory driver and a Ping driver.  Played 3 rounds in 2022 and early 2023, i purchased a new to me Epic Speed driver, an Epic speed 3 wood, Callaway Mavrik Max irons (5i-gw) and an Oddessy Labs blade putter. I also play the Callaway ERC Soft with 260 fade.

I spend a couple days a week at the driving range, recently bought an Optishot2, and walk 2 morning 18 hole rounds a week.

What i never really see in all my research,  is high handicap "testung." Does it help? Is it worth the money? Why you should play this or not play that.  More high handicapp testing is what I'd like to see.

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* set to 11* w/ draw bias  Hzrdus Smoke 60g 6.5

Fariway woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3 Wood Project X Cypher Fifty 5.0

Hybrids: Callaway Mavrik 3H Project X Catalyst 65g 5.5

Irons: Callaway Mavrik Max 5I-GW & X20 SW KBS R80

Putter: Odyessey Stroke Lab 1 blade putter

Ball: Callaway ERC Soft fade 360

Bag: Maxfli white stand bag

11 hours ago, Samuel09152 said:

I can tell you from my  One of the best attributes I offer, is being a blank slate with very little prior experince, but willing to try anything. 

I can definitely relate to this !  Just when I start to think I know anything,  about anything GOLF ⛳️  RELATED, I feel like I just picked up the first book  of the encyclopedia Brittanica library set!

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I am relatively new to the Forum, but it has become a daily ritual to follow a number of threads and keep tabs on the "goings on" so to speak. It feels as though I am beginning to know some of you through the forum as I would get to know you if we played a few rounds together.

I believe this is a unique attribute of this forum and gives cause to bring responsible, unbiased, and completely transparent test discipline to the table. After all, you wouldn't give those you consider as friends bad advice or a bum steer when it comes to golf related products. Okay, okay, I know we all have that one individual in the back of our minds that just maybe...🤣

Not having been an equipment tester for other than myself I can only speak to a test protocol that meets my expectations for total performance.

- Does it do what the OEM advertises it to do and to what level? Length, consistency, ball flight, and accuracy in the case of a club.

- Is it pleasing to the eye (where applicable). For example: does the new club look like a block of wood attached to a stick or is it graceful, sleek, and                       appealing when set up behind the ball? 

- How does it feel? Is it heavy or light? Is it solid or tinny? Does it feel like you are compressing the ball, or does it feel like a rock? Other attributes such as              feel and texture when dealing with apparel items and or accessories such as gloves also come to mind.

- How does it sound where applicable? Does it have a solid sound or is it higher pitched in the case of a club. In the case of electronics is tinny or nasal when            speaking or transmitting?

- Does it do what I need it to do for me?

A mix of subjectivity and objectivity is needed to present a full picture. "Pretty New Toy" is nice but the urge for data needs to be satisfied as well. Access to launch monitor results in the case of ball or club test should be a requirement to present performance data but as others have commented, my swing is not your swing and results may vary. Almost sounds like a legal disclaimer...😅 Providing all available information will hopefully aid others in their decision-making process.

To that end I would encourage comments and requests from forum members and do my best to provide the information desired.

Being relatively new the Forum, I would not hesitate to reach out for help in the review process as I view the opportunity as a show of trust and that is not taken lightly.

The Forum and its staff and members should and can expect a neutral and unbiased test from me while gathering the information needed to provide a fair and honest evaluation of the product under review. 

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)