Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

When Do You Normally Golf? (Times/Days)

GolfSpy_APH

I play 3-4 times a week and have found better pricing in afternoon play.  Summer in Florida the courses are less crowded too.  Have a league on the weekend that goes off first tho, which is nice, we set the pace for the course.

Dave Mueller

I'm a morning golfer. The earlier the better. For me and my ADHD, mornings fit my focus range. Afternoon golf finds my focus wavering and being on the course is not a time for wavering.

As for days, I golf usually on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. With my bad back, I can't play on back to back days.

Edited by EMacK1961

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

49 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I love twilight golf!

I am fortunate enough to live in a small town where the course isn't crazy busy and only a couple minutes from my house. Therefore, I always play a couple days in the evenings throughout the week. There is something about hitting balls until the sun sets that just feels right... it could be that I am not a morning person lol.

... My Man! Apart from the fact that I live in the 5th largest US City I could have written that. 🥳 I am most definitely not a morning person as my brain and body are both on strike til around 11am. So being semi retired  I play twilite every day with a group of friends. 

... Mon/Wed/Fri we have 6 golfers looking to play and some can't make it every day so it usually works out. A Canadian snowbird and I also play Tues/Thur and are joined by strangers, other semi regulars we know or an occasional MWF player joins us. So we play 5 days a week at twilite. 

... With the cost of a round of golf in Phoenix between $200 and $400 during winter we all have city cards ($30 a year) and take turns booking the first twilite time at 1:04 (gradually goes up 1/2 til it hits 3pm in May) that is available 9 days in advance starting at midnight. You have to book right at midnight to get one of the first 2 twilite times. The cost is $36 to walk. Thankfully our muni is a nicer track than 75% of the courses gouging visitors to the Valley of the Sun for $200 - $400. 

... And as you and a few others have said, playing as the sun starts to set is a magical time. In Showbiz we call it the Golden Hour because the camera loves it. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I golf Tu, Th and Sun in the early morning. The occasional Wed is late morning. Early morning past few weeks has had a few frost delays, yes even here in NC.

Lov'in the game!

Driver: Ping RH G430 10K Max

Fairway: EZ3, Ping RH G430 5W

Hybrids: GX-7 21*, Ping RH G430 #4

Irons: Taylormade Graphite RH P-790 5-PW, AW

Wedges: Titleist BV SM6 F Grind 50*, 56*

Putter: Ping Scottsdale

Use Arccos

I usually play from 8-10 AM on weekends and after 2 PM on weekdays.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

I'm still a working stiff so my time on the course is limited (kind of). Fridays any time after 11:30, Saturday or Sunday morning at 7:30. Those are my normal times. Other times are when I get to take customers out on the course or mid-summer when I can get an afternoon round in.  I am partial to morning rounds. I like the just cut, bunkers raked, and fresh pin location conditions. But you definitely get more roll out in the afternoon. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I work swing shift (1pm to 11pm), so every Thursday and Sunday if the weather permits, which In the Pacific Northwest if you have decent rain gear the golf is virtually guaranteed. Ice storms excluded. During off season hours tee time is 8am, in season 7 am.

Ideally, I am a dew sweeper on Saturday mornings. Also love getting in a few (3-4) twilight holes after dinner! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I'm trying my best to get something scheduled once a month on a weekend in the morning. I also signed up for SoCal Golf guys this year so I could keep a handicap and get some of their events on the calendar. Making a commitment to something more than just myself makes it easier for me to follow through. 

I've been getting more practice in lately than I have in years because I've been going to a local indoor place called GolfShac. I can get a good practice in during my lunch break and that extra practice and data from the GCQuads has really motivated me to practice with a purpose and to get out and play more. It's still tough to justify the time away from family. I'm still working on figuring out the balance. She is interested in whacking golf balls already so I'm really hoping in a few years I can have her out on the course with me. 

TEE C722 9.5° Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 X

TEE C722 3 wood Tensei AV RAW Blue 75 X

3h Adams A4 Boxer hybrid

4-P PXG 0311T Gen 1

GW 52° PXG 0311

SW 56° PXG 0311

LW 60° PXG 0311

Putter Rife Abaco 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

8 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I like the just cut, bunkers raked, and fresh pin location conditions. But you definitely get more roll out in the afternoon. 

... Morning golf sounds like a punishment. Too cold and too wet. My last big golf forum outing at Myrtle Beach in the late 90's we threw some money in the pot and the morning and afternoon winners took the cash. Rotating players every round so everyone got to play with everyone else. After Thur/Fri rounds we were having dinner and one of my Sat morning pards said "We need to do something about tomorrow morning because we are paired up with Sam." The organizer said I was one of the best players so what's the problem? And my pard said Sam is playing to a 5 and has averaged 73 in the afternoon. But he has averaged 87 for his two morning rounds. 🤪

... Teeing off with the sun not quite up yet, seeing my breath and everything being wet while I didn't bring enough clothes because it got up in the 70's by the afternoon, that first morning I topped my drive a few inches. Then topped it into the water. Took a drop and topped it in the fairway and with my teeth still chattering and my body shaking I tapped in for a 12 on the first hole. They let the group use an average of their 3 scores with my score not counting. 🤣

This is what morning golf looks like to me:

582b193145b2d2915d6f3d87_GettyImages-56608803.jpg.73687ef6dd8ea290d66354a0d352dc52.jpg 

1 hour ago, Kevin McManus said:

I live next to course and am retired but have some health issues, I play every am if weather is good enough and feel well enough!

1 hour ago, Kevin McManus said:

I live next to course and am retired but have some health issues, I play every am if weather is good enough and feel well enough!

Lately the early am in NJ has been to cold, so I wait a little longer and play only back 9 from 15 to 11 and around to 16!

Nothing beats sunrise on the golf course. 

image.png.1cfeb7d8634dead235dfaa566d660373.png

Having to get up to make a 1-hour drive to work and be there by 7am, getting to the course which is 7 minutes away by 7:30 is like sleeping in. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Depends on the time of year.  During the winter... like now... I like a little later tee time just because it's a little warmer.  However, it the temp is not projected to get above 40º and there is going to be a frost delay, we opt for earlier tee times; otherwise we can't play until nearly noon after all the early tee times.  When it warms up and into the summer months, we book early tee times to beat the heat.

My wife and I play every weekend; sometimes on Tuesday or Thursday.  She also plays on Tuesday if we don't play together and Wednesday Ladies league.  I just practice at the course the rest of the days for a couple of hours.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I work 3 miles from club. So, for me I could theoretically go anytime the day dies off, but I try to only go once a week during the week. Afternoons here in Oklahoma means no later than 1 pm in the winter and no later than 4 pm in the summer. Weekend is usually one or the other between Saturday and Sunday. Those are also noonish times. I hate playing when it's dew everywhere and drying out as you go when greens start changing speeds.  

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

IMG_4188.JPG.8bac778f9aaad0ba73e380ca8d84daca.JPG

Sunrise... though they usually won't let me on before 7am...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

During the week I am dew sweeper, I try to get 1-2 rounds in before work during  the week and whenever I can on the weekends.  Living 7 min (10 if I need to stop in the locker room) from the first tee provides ample opportunity to jump out there for a loop without too much planning. 

WITB Changes with my mood: 
G430 Max 10K 
TSR 3W
TSR 7W
P7MC 4-PW
Vokey SM9 52,56,60
Odyssey OG Jailbird 

Edited by PrismFlopper

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

A lot of indoor sim golf this time of year but maybe 1 or 2 days during the month if it’s above 50degrees but during the season if I play during the week we tend to use carts just for the easiness factor and that we are mostly just going to get out of the house. During the weekend we like to walk 18 to relax from work. During the week we tend to play 18 on a par 3 or just 9 holes on a full course. Weekends we will usually take a drive usually within 2 hrs and play a full round.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

I get at least one round in on Sunday morning with my dad and 1-2 of our local friends if they're available. If they're not, then its just dad and I with 2 others that get added.
I'm hoping to find a 9 hole evening league here to jump into after work, if one has openings and fits my schedule. If I can't get into one, I'll just start planning 9 holes on my own on a particular day and do that each week going forward.
The goal is a minimum of 27 holes per week of play along with practice.

Not sure where you are, but check to see if there is a Spark Golf league near you. They play 9 holes after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Weekdays in the morning while kids are in school, sometimes on weekends but it’s tough with the wife and I having alternating schedules on Sat/Sun

In golf, the most important distance is the five inches between the ears. - Bobby Jones 

This year reshuffling my courses, but for last few years have played Saturday first tee time and Wednesday first tee time (or try to get these).  On Wednesday, during high daylight can be at work by 9 AM.     

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

2 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

I have started playing in the last group of the Ancient Agers… We call it the IR group ( those getting off injured reserve or those already on it ). This group average age is 77… We play at a much slower pace. Have to hunt balls on every hole. Everyone is in a riding cart… Still takes over 4 hours for a round. Can’t use the trick of waiting until everyone drives a cart from the tee and take the one that is left as with other groups. Most of us are confused on finding our respective carts. We still lose time sorting out whose cart is whose on most tee boxes😏🥴😳

I was the youngest the four, which brought the average age down to 72 (I was 63) another youngin joined us in 2023, he was also 63yrs old.  The two youngins are the ball trackers - standing behind them at tee, directing a couple of them which line golf ball was on! LOL.  They walk right to their ball and play ready golf.  
We do converse down the fairway, we look for golf balls if lost, but they waste no time.  You're in a greenside bunker, you hit out, once the ball leaves the bunker, another guy is putting. If Bunker Bob is not yet to the green another is putting.  I'm usually the longest hitter of the bunch, so I'm making way my golf ball and sizing up my shot as the guys are ready to hit. 
these guys taught me how to play faster & to enjoy the game!  Thankfully, we are all blessed with the ability to walk the course.  

The weekends are challenging for me as the Ranger, I see groups come out playing at 5 hour round pace and have to speed them up. Our course is rated for 4 hours.  Our electric carts will let you know if you're behind as well. It's amazing!   

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

The earlier the better for me. I love being the dew chaser. You can play at your own pace and will rarely have any one around you. I do play in a league, and they generally like to play mid-morning.

Coming back to golf

All year: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday- 1st group or as soon as possible. Play with a regular group.

During the summer will try to get out Monday, Wednesday, Friday, usually later in the day to get a cheaper rate. I used to be able to go by myself but more people have moved in to the community and it's crowded, even when it is 105 degrees. Plus Covid had the unfortunate effect of showing people they could stay in AZ over the summer.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Is the sun out or at least not raining/snowing? Then I can golf. I prefer 10 a.m. or after. I don't want to finish in the dark, and I don't want to be waiting on every tee for the older men who play every morning at dawn. Temps from the mid-40s into the 90s. I've decided my favorite temps are in the 60s...warm enough for shorts but not hot enough to sweat through my clothes. Comfy. 

1 minute ago, Beakbryce said:

All year: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday- 1st group or as soon as possible. Play with a regular group.

During the summer will try to get out Monday, Wednesday, Friday, usually later in the day to get a cheaper rate. I used to be able to go by myself but more people have moved in to the community and it's crowded, even when it is 105 degrees. Plus Covid had the unfortunate effect of showing people they could stay in AZ over the summer.

... Once it gets above 105* I pity those playing early as the day is getting to its hottest as they are finishing. I much rather start when it is hottest and the last several holes it is calling off as the sun sets. Down here south of Phoenix in Laveen, the golf courses are never crowded, especially at 110* and above. I join the Raven because it is completely tree lined and provides much needed shade June-September. And it can be busy but never crowded.

... $299 to play The Raven right now 🤑 but drops to $39 in summer 😎 after 3pm with an Arcis card that cost $89 a month. 

Either driving range, par 3 course or both 4-5 times a week during winter. This year I am working part-time at a course during the season and will try to play at least 9 holes before or after my shift.  Finally 18 on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Can you tell it’s my first year of real retirement?