Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

The Good Evening Thread

Erin B

Good evening Spies on what was almost a perfect Tuesday for me here.

1. Was able to get 18 in very early this morning with my Motocaddy, actually had to wait on the course staff to open so I could pay and go.

2. Finally have some resolution about getting my windshield replaced. Heard nothing from either AAA or Safelite, so I called the shop, they wanted me to come and get my car since it has been there since Thursday with no approval yet, but the lady at the shop I have been dealing with also said we could call the Safelite approval department to see what the delay may be with both of us there to answer any questions they had. Before I drove to the shop, I called my insurance agent, they verified coverage and $100.00 deductible and sent that to Safelite shop. Seems the Safelite HQ had a typo when they entered my policy number, actually missing a digit, and the delay was on their part. Shop then told me to leave car, they will install tomorrow, and waive the deductible due to the delays caused by their HQ and system.

@Michael.Sandoval33 best of luck in the vehicle search and hope that you don't have many issues with the dealers out there. Here they still are not 100% above-board, and I have walked away more than one-time due to them not being fair or equitable. Car values are easily found these days, due to internet and various resources, but dealers still try to gouge on their prices, and low ball you on any trade, yet alone the "add-ons" they try to pass on to the consumer.

Hope @Preeway had another safe and uneventful day headed back home from his trip out west.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

22 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

1. Was able to get 18 in very early this morning with my Motocaddy, actually had to wait on the course staff to open so I could pay and go.

2. Finally have some resolution about getting my windshield replaced. Heard nothing from either AAA or Safelite, so I called the shop, they wanted me to come and get my car since it has been there since Thursday with no approval yet, but the lady at the shop I have been dealing with also said we could call the Safelite approval department to see what the delay may be with both of us there to answer any questions they had. Before I drove to the shop, I called my insurance agent, they verified coverage and $100.00 deductible and sent that to Safelite shop. Seems the Safelite HQ had a typo when they entered my policy number, actually missing a digit, and the delay was on their part. Shop then told me to leave car, they will install tomorrow, and waive the deductible due to the delays caused by their HQ and system.

@Michael.Sandoval33 best of luck in the vehicle search and hope that you don't have many issues with the dealers out there. Here they still are not 100% above-board, and I have walked away more than one-time due to them not being fair or equitable. Car values are easily found these days, due to internet and various resources, but dealers still try to gouge on their prices, and low ball you on any trade, yet alone the "add-ons" they try to pass on to the consumer.

Hope @Preeway had another safe and uneventful day headed back home from his trip out west.

Good day indeed!  Hate you had to wait awhile for this though!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

29 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Had a good drive today. So good, I decided to skip the hotel and drive the whole 15 hours home. It does mean no golf tomorrow at Wild Horse but it does mean a night in my own bed a day earlier than expected. I’ll take that. Hope everyone had a good evening. I’m off to bed. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Just now, Preeway said:

Had a good drive today. So good, I decided to skip the hotel and drive the whole 15 hours home. It does mean no golf tomorrow at Wild Horse but it does mean a night in my own bed a day earlier than expected. I’ll take that. Hope everyone had a good evening. I’m off to bed. 

Glad you made it home safely!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Glad you made it home safely!

The last 5 hours were tough, which is why I booked the hotel in the first place. Plus, I love playing Wild Horse, lol. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

2 hours ago, Swood1994 said:

Going through the same thing right now for a family vehicle. Car shopping seems to be getting worse and worse especially given the market. Good luck with your search!

Oh yeah you guys, it's funny I was just talking to my sister the other day about how it has been nearly 12 years since I was in the market for a car (my old reliable Honda has held up very well)

All I got in response was a "good luck."

I think I understand now what she meant 😂 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

Well spies, I finally did it! Hit it passed the pin on hole 10 and back spun several feet towards the pin..all that's left for me now is to join the PGA Tour! Wasn't my best round though, 91 overall.. Turned it on late with a few pars but had a horrible front 9

Edited by Bubba1985

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

First day at the work site went well.. I didn’t stress my hands or wrists.. Limited myself to just a couple of fist shakings at the sky while verbally “ suggesting “ a different course of action. Heat wasn’t horrible in itself.. But it seems @Erin B is bogarting the wind again… We could have used some breeze. Should only be out here until the beginning of next week for my phase of the job. 
   @Michael.Sandoval33 if it is any consolation.. My better half will be ruining the day for a few vehicle salespeople in the next few days.. The woman is a savant when it comes to asking questions that have no relevance to the subject at hand.  
 Good night spies.. Time for the elderly to crawl off to bed… 

22 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Glad you got some satisfaction on the windshield issue. Rare in this day of age for a company to own their mistakes. Still at least somewhat of an inconvenience being without your vehicle for that long. 

Good evening Spies, on what was a busy doing anything but golf related for me today. Enjoyable day, but chasing after a 7 year old when I am almost 10 times his age is definitely a challenge.

Thanks @Dead Solid Bogey for the remarks on getting my car back, didn't matter to me how long it took, just that thye whole delay could have been avoided if not for a typographical error on their part.

Had my grandson today, picked him up, took him to breakfast, then home for the day. He spent a little while outdoors, but complained it was too hot, mid 80's and very sunny, so inside we went.

He had fun, building some puzzles, reading some books, then playing along with a game show on TV with SWMBO for a while.

Ironic that when I drove him back home, after my son got to his house from work, the kid fell asleep in his seat in the back.

I am hoping to get a round in tomorrow, weather here expected to be hot and humid, so hoping to get out earlier rather than later.

Have a good evening, and hoping that everyone's tomorrow is the best day it possibly can be.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

26 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

First day at the work site went well.. I didn’t stress my hands or wrists.. Limited myself to just a couple of fist shakings at the sky while verbally “ suggesting “ a different course of action. Heat wasn’t horrible in itself.. But it seems @Erin B is bogarting the wind again… We could have used some breeze. Should only be out here until the beginning of next week for my phase of the job. 
   @Michael.Sandoval33 if it is any consolation.. My better half will be ruining the day for a few vehicle salespeople in the next few days.. The woman is a savant when it comes to asking questions that have no relevance to the subject at hand.  
 Good night spies.. Time for the elderly to crawl off to bed… 

How’d you know??? We had 40mph gusts all the way to Denver today. 

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft; I TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Newton 5 Dot 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

Irons: New Level 6-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48, 52; TaylorMade MG4 56* (TW Grind)

Putter: SeeMore Black MiniGiant

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X or Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Buenos Nochas spies! Denver is effing hot. 99 outside. Being from Cheyenne we don’t get that hot too often. That’s sweaty ⚽🏈 hot!!! No thank you sir!IMG_5239.gif.e2ff39b07df9a3a7c818195f58d47fa0.gif

hotel cooler here we come! 

Driver: Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft; I TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Newton 5 Dot 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Good evening, gents. Sultry 93° for league tonight and a nice hot wind to go with it. Was a drastic change from Oregon for sure. Shot a crappy 42 but managed to tie with my opponent who played equally as miserable. Time to get my unboxing post prepped for the Fujikura shaft test thread and then off to bed. @Erin BI hope Denver brings you two some good news. 

28 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Buenos Nochas spies! Denver is effing hot. 99 outside. Being from Cheyenne we don’t get that hot too often. That’s sweaty ⚽🏈 hot!!! No thank you sir!IMG_5239.gif.e2ff39b07df9a3a7c818195f58d47fa0.gif

hotel cooler here we come! 

Hope to hear good news from Denver visit.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Evening all!  Other than catching glimpses of the US Open practice rounds and the press  conferences , there was no golf today, or for tomorrow either. 

Hope the news was positive @Erin B for the boss lady! How has she been coping?

Good evening everybody,

Spent a solid 4 hours at Starbucks completing my classwork for the week due to the high heats killing WiFi in the house. I did not know that was a thing but I guess it's legit. Tomorrow is another range day for me, trying to work my irons back to any semblance of "ok." Glad everybody made it through another Wednesday and I hope to hear great news coming out of Denver @Erin B.

Have a good one spies 🕵🏽‍♂️

WITB

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Evening all!  Other than catching glimpses of the US Open practice rounds and the press  conferences , there was no golf today, or for tomorrow either. 

Hope the news was positive @Erin B for the boss lady! How has she been coping?

8 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Good evening everybody,

Spent a solid 4 hours at Starbucks completing my classwork for the week due to the high heats killing WiFi in the house. I did not know that was a thing but I guess it's legit. Tomorrow is another range day for me, trying to work my irons back to any semblance of "ok." Glad everybody made it through another Wednesday and I hope to hear great news coming out of Denver @Erin B.

Have a good one spies 🕵🏽‍♂️

She’s coping well. The dr said no reconstruction. They’re draining her and cleaning out the infection. We’ve discussed no reconstruction at all. Still considering options, but really thinking doing nothing after this. Thanks again for thoughts and prayers. We did go shopping. I’m trying out psycho bunny golf attire. 
IMG_5240.jpeg.394fab1b89ecf69b958f37800457b7f2.jpeg

Am I spoiled?

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

She’s coping well. The dr said no reconstruction. They’re draining her and cleaning out the infection. We’ve discussed no reconstruction at all. Still considering options, but really thinking doing nothing after this. Thanks again for thoughts and prayers. We did go shopping. I’m trying out psycho bunny golf attire. 

Am I spoiled?

Yes, yes you are Spoiled… But as your better half will attest.. “You are our spoiled _____ “ 😏🥴😉

Hope your lady is doing well and that her course of action is her choice and not dictated by Medico’s  preference. 
 Good job on taking care of each other.. Y’all got this. 

2 hours ago, Erin B said:

Am I spoiled?

Glad to hear that you both are in good spirits. I have heard of the psycho bunny attire before, definitely let us know what you think about it. 

WITB

1 hour ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Yes, yes you are Spoiled… But as your better half will attest.. “You are our spoiled _____ “ 😏🥴😉

Hope your lady is doing well and that her course of action is her choice and not dictated by Medico’s  preference. 
 Good job on taking care of each other.. Y’all got this. 

26 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Glad to hear that you both are in good spirits. I have heard of the psycho bunny attire before, definitely let us know what you think about it. 

Thanks amigos! Yes I’ll let you all know how psycho bunny is. I’m wearing some right now and I must say, very comfortable.

9 hours ago, Erin B said:

Am I spoiled?

Glad to hear treatment is progressing well and options include no further surgery if so desired. you are definitely spoiled...

19 hours ago, Preeway said:

Good evening, gents. Sultry 93° for league tonight and a nice hot wind to go with it. Was a drastic change from Oregon for sure. Shot a crappy 42 but managed to tie with my opponent who played equally as miserable. Time to get my unboxing post prepped for the Fujikura shaft test thread and then off to bed. @Erin BI hope Denver brings you two some good news. 

I shot a respectable 42 today.. That sounds way better than ur crappy 42😭😂

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

Evening spies! Denver is HOT! Not used to it. Anyway, Dr said the infection was pretty bad and the CIC made the right choice to have the surgery instead of a drainage attempt. So that’s good. She’ll be on antibiotics for a while. These things happen and I’m glad we caught it when we did. I went to the PGA Superstore while she was under the knife. Was exchanging two wedges for two others. The bounce was wrong on the TaylorMades I bought last month. So I went to Vokeys. And I got a SeeMore MiniGiant. Price was $249 and I’d been eyeing it. Saved $150, so justified. 

IMG_5244.jpeg.b45c1ba86f87b86f6613e99a9450c7ca.jpegIMG_5245.jpeg.fe2e843c7eca3f1ef33ce2aaa4961ee8.jpeg

And that’s about it. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. Very much appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Evening spies! Denver is HOT! Not used to it. Anyway, Dr said the infection was pretty bad and the CIC made the right choice to have the surgery instead of a drainage attempt. So that’s good. She’ll be on antibiotics for a while. These things happen and I’m glad we caught it when we did. I went to the PGA Superstore while she was under the knife. Was exchanging two wedges for two others. The bounce was wrong on the TaylorMades I bought last month. So I went to Vokeys. And I got a SeeMore MiniGiant. Price was $249 and I’d been eyeing it. Saved $150, so justified. 

IMG_5244.jpeg.b45c1ba86f87b86f6613e99a9450c7ca.jpegIMG_5245.jpeg.fe2e843c7eca3f1ef33ce2aaa4961ee8.jpeg

And that’s about it. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. Very much appreciated!

Glad yall caught it early!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

7 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Hope she is doing and feeling better after the procedure.

What lofts and bounce did you go with in the Vokeys?

20 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Glad you guys caught it early and everything is looking up right now. Also, Vokeys 😍

WITB

Had my wedge fitting this afternoon and it went very well. Jason Terry with Titleist was my fitter and did a nice job. Was fitted into a 46-10F for my much needed gap wedge and 50-12F, 54-12D, and 58-12D to finish out the set. Hopefully, these new tools and some good practice can bring back my short game from a few years ago... I'm hopeful but not taking any bets...🙃

39 minutes ago, William P said:

Had my wedge fitting this afternoon and it went very well. Jason Terry with Titleist was my fitter and did a nice job. Was fitted into a 46-10F for my much needed gap wedge and 50-12F, 54-12D, and 58-12D to finish out the set. Hopefully, these new tools and some good practice can bring back my short game from a few years ago... I'm hopeful but not taking any bets...🙃

Well with your new set of wedges… you will surely “ bounce “ back to having that “lofty“ short game that you want.  😏🥴😉 
   While some of the rest of us are still “ grinding “ if not totally “grounded” with our old wedges and old short game. 😇

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

We all know that your lady has amazing and awesome strength… She would have to, to put up with you. Hope the surgery was a complete success and that she is resting /sleeping comfortably while her psycho clothes wearing husband is hopping around the hospital. 

The day is done.. Tired and feeling the body wide soreness setting in. 
  May have to go into a supply chain location in the morning… If so; may stop off at a hole in the wall dive bar that serves a killer breakfast. 

Edited by Dead Solid Bogey
Can’t spell