Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Could you birdie all 18 holes?

Son saw this earlier on Instagram.

if you had 24 hours and stamina was not a problem, could you birdie all 18 holes at your typical local course?

again stamina. It an issue and no one else in the course just you going through every hole and trying to birdie them.

for me I don’t think I could in 24 hours. I would choose my local club maplegste CC. I think I could eventually but there are a few par 4s that would be brutal.

what say you? What course would you try to tackle and could you do it?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Given that I didn’t birdie all 18 holes at my local course last season, achieving it in 8 tries over a 24 hr period (3 hour rounds) seems highly unlikely. It would be cool to try though 😎

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I believe that this shouldn't be a problem.  Sounds like I need to attempt at some point this year....  I might wait until the days are a bit longer to try.  

Next question: What are the rules of this challenge?

• What tees/Course length?
  • If I don't make a birdie, do I have to finish the hole?
  • Do eagles and HIOs count?
  • If I get to 16 holes birdied, can I just play the remaining 2 holes until I get them?
  • Do holes have to be played in order?
  • Do I need a witness?

thx!

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

So are there rules to this?  If not, I'm hitting 5 off the tee and playing all 5. I would stay on that hole until I birdied and then move on. The few holes that are the toughest, I'm leaving for last because stamina isn't an issue.  I think it could be done for sure. 

You have over an hour per hole to get birdie. 

Edited by Josh Parker

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

7 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

I believe that this shouldn't be a problem.  Sounds like I need to attempt at some point this year....  I might wait until the days are a bit longer to try.  

Next question: What are the rules of this challenge?

• What tees/Course length?
  • If I don't make a birdie, do I have to finish the hole?
  • Do eagles and HIOs count?
  • If I get to 16 holes birdied, can I just play the remaining 2 holes until I get them?
  • Do holes have to be played in order?
  • Do I need a witness?

thx!

Just hypothetical more of a do you think you could?

would be cool to try if you have 4 hour rounds call it in 6 rounds could you do it?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

8 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

So are there rules to this?  If not, I'm hitting 5 off the tee and playing all 5. I would stay on that hole until I birdied and then move on. The few holes that are the toughest, I'm leaving for last because stamina isn't an issue.  I think it could be done for sure. 

You have over an hour per hole to get birdie. 

Yea strategy wise I think I would go hole by hole until I did it. Or if I could do 3 holes where it brought be back to the tee box of those 3 holes at the end to save time I think that’s a goood strategy to

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Yea strategy wise I think I would go hole by hole until I did it. Or if I could do 3 holes where it brought be back to the tee box of those 3 holes at the end to save time I think that’s a goood strategy to

My course is so spread out, it's the only way to utilize time.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Just hypothetical more of a do you think you could?

would be cool to try if you have 4 hour rounds call it in 6 rounds could you do it?

Not a chance..  If I only get 6 shots at making a birdie on each hole? I cannot imagine a world where this happens.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I don't know if in the given time frame I could par all 18 holes as there are two on my course that I can think of I haven't made par on in years of playing. 

The first is the 10th, which I have mentioned a few times is my nemesis hole. I mean, I did par it once from the forward tees but for this I would play it from the whites or greens. I just don't get along with the tee shot. 

The other is the 15th which is an uphill par 4 which plays about 410, I just can't reach it in two and give myself a chance to two putt for par. 

I would say this is unlikely…there are holes that I’ve never birdied on the course I play the most.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Son saw this earlier on Instagram.

if you had 24 hours and stamina was not a problem, could you birdie all 18 holes at your typical local course?

again stamina. It an issue and no one else in the course just you going through every hole and trying to birdie them.

for me I don’t think I could in 24 hours. I would choose my local club maplegste CC. I think I could eventually but there are a few par 4s that would be brutal.

what say you? What course would you try to tackle and could you do it?

24 hours I am thinking I could get roughly 100 holes with good daylight so 5-6 rounds... Hell no! 

I played 70 some odd rounds and there are still a few holes I have not birdies so not a chance.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I saw this also via golf twitter/instagram.  There are a few rules with more details.  Just apply it to your home course and normal tee's so we don't have to worry about things like length/rating/slope.  You can pick the days and times so you also can play in decent weather.

• You have the whole course to yourself
  • You can play in any order and play the hole as many times as you want in the time allowed
  • You don't have to finish the hole if you hit a bad one. i.e. shank one just pick up and start over
  • The 24 hours is split in to 6 x 4 hour sessions so fatigue isn't an issue
  • No mulligans

It's a very interesting question, at first glance it does seem doable.  However, the more I think about it and how often I actually birdie certain holes at my course, it may be harder than I think.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I can’t even birdie them all in a season, there’s no way I’m getting it done in 24 hours. I’ve still got one hole, on one of the two courses that I play the most, that I have yet to shoot par after three years of playing there. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

24 hours I am thinking I could get roughly 100 holes with good daylight so 5-6 rounds... Hell no! 

I played 70 some odd rounds and there are still a few holes I have not birdies so not a chance.

5 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

I can’t even birdie them all in a season, there’s no way I’m getting it done in 24 hours. I’ve still got one hole, on one of the two courses that I play the most, that I have yet to shoot par after three years of playing there. 

But different from just playing a single ball if you could put out multiple balls in play?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

But different from just playing a single ball if you could put out multiple balls in play?

That definitely changes things. That could be possible...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Not at my age I don’t think so but I would try it , on another note the course I learned to play on back in the 70/80/90’s I eagled every hole on this 9 hole course except the par threes over the years I played 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

I don’t think there would be enough time! If you gave 48 total hours it would probably be more doable. 24 hours would only be an hour and 20 min per hole, so would greatly depend how hard the course is. Great thread though!

Cleveland woods - Cobra Irons - Cleveland wedges - Toulon Putter

Got 6" of snow here in Michigan yesterday, so no.  But seriously, I play 2 9 hole leagues on the same course and never birdie every hole in a season.  I did birdie holes 9, 10 and 11 on another course my first round this season, so maybe not impossible, but highly unlikely for sure.

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F7 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5

9 minutes ago, Sleeech said:

I don’t think there would be enough time! If you gave 48 total hours it would probably be more doable. 24 hours would only be an hour and 20 min per hole, so would greatly depend how hard the course is. Great thread though!

Once you birdie a hole though you don't have to play it anymore, so would be end up being more time per hole on the tougher ones.

Just now, hckymeyer said:

Once you birdie a hole though you don't have to play it anymore, so would be end up being more time per hole on the tougher ones.

True. And you also could just restart any hole as soon as a birdie was out of reach. I still think it would be pretty difficult in 24 hours though. 

Cleveland woods - Cobra Irons - Cleveland wedges - Toulon Putter

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

I would think in the interest of time, you could play multiple balls at once, but each would have to be played on it's own.  No scramble situation or muligans.

Since you can pick up any time after a bad shot though, you could sit on the tee box on par 3's and keep hitting until you get one close.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

35 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Ok so if a person played one hole at a time until they get the bird then move onto the next hole, that could possibly change things. That could be doable in 24 hours. 

One hole at a time until birdie is made. I absolutely could. Would be challenging but I’d be up for it. 

JackieMoon_LMS: 3.2 handicap

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth Plus 
  • 3W: Taylormade Sim 2 
  • 3H: Taylormade Stealth Plus
  • Irons 4 - PW: Taylormade Tour Preferred
  • Wedges: Vokey 50, 54, 58
  • Putter: Never Compromise GM2 Mallet
  • Ball: Vice Pro 

Some holes are really tough birdie holes in general. No shot I could even come close. Now with unlimited mulligans I think I could do it. 

:ping-small: G400 Max, 9°, hzrdus smoke black

:ping-small: G425 Max 5W, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: G425 4H, Stock Stiff

:taylormade-small: M4 5H, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: i210 5-PW, Blue Dot, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

:taylormade-small: TP5x Pix

:Arccos: Sensors

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor

2 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I saw this also via golf twitter/instagram.  There are a few rules with more details.  Just apply it to your home course and normal tee's so we don't have to worry about things like length/rating/slope.  You can pick the days and times so you also can play in decent weather.

• You have the whole course to yourself
  • You can play in any order and play the hole as many times as you want in the time allowed
  • You don't have to finish the hole if you hit a bad one. i.e. shank one just pick up and start over
  • The 24 hours is split in to 6 x 4 hour sessions so fatigue isn't an issue
  • No mulligans

It's a very interesting question, at first glance it does seem doable.  However, the more I think about it and how often I actually birdie certain holes at my course, it may be harder than I think.

Since I have birdied every single hole (not in the same round, obviously!) over the years at three different golf courses, and eagled multiple holes on 2 of those 3 courses), I might be able to birdie all 18 holes in a 24-hour period on at least one (maybe two) of them. It would have to be on one of my stellar ball-striking days, which are getting increasingly more rare, so who knows!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

1 hour ago, ParFore74x said:

Ok so if a person played one hole at a time until they get the bird then move onto the next hole, that could possibly change things. That could be doable in 24 hours. 

That’s kind of what I was thinking focus on a hole at a time

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

This was my way of thinking as well. If I can keep restarting the hole and maybe play two balls at once to speed things up, there's a slight chance I could do it. very, very slight.

I wonder how many balls I'd lose in the process.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

45 minutes ago, TSauer said:

This was my way of thinking as well. If I can keep restarting the hole and maybe play two balls at once to speed things up, there's a slight chance I could do it. very, very slight.

I wonder how many balls I'd lose in the process.

I’d take a spotter with me to make sure that all of my balls were accounted for. 😂 

19 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Not a chance..  If I only get 6 shots at making a birdie on each hole? I cannot imagine a world where this happens.  

Same with me - no chance at my club unless I’m playing the special junior tees that make all the par 4’s around 250 yards and even the par 5’s around 300. 

I suppose I could at my league course so long as I was allowed to play the senior tees but I would still need some fortunate breaks. 

Think about this and ask yourself how often you get up and down in 2 from 150. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD