Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Opinion Stand vs cart

I have a carry with dual strap, very light and when i walk I play a round with only half my clubs. I have a Sun Mountain, 15 divider, C130. Luv it

as of May 7, 2024

Driver:    Titleist TSR2 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI 6-SR

Wood:    Taylormade SIM2 Steel 3 wood 15.5° w/ Fuji Ventus Blue 6-S VeloC

Hybrid:   Ping 425 3 19° 

Irons:      Mizuno JPX 923 4-GW w/ UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 F3

Wedge:  Mizuno T22 54°/58° degree w/ UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 F3

Putter:   Scotty Newport 2.5+/Odessey White Hot OG1 SL (alternate  

Balls:      Maxfi Tour X / Bridgestone B-RX / Titleist Pro V1x (depends how I feel that day)

Currently testing the Stix set, and the stand bag is soooo light to wear and walk with!  

Being my first carry bag I have to ask if the higher dollar ones, or one's with better options (full length separation, more top dividers, etc) add alot of extra weight?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I think a big decider is when you walk is it a full fledge par 72 6500-7000yd course that has some terrain?

Or is it a casual 9 holer that an easy casual walk?

Cause that answer will tell you quickly which way to go and consider having 2 bags like I have.

I have a hybrid SM C130s with legs and more space and I also have a SM 2.5+ made for lightweight carry.

Can I get away with the hybrid in an executive 9? Sure but I would not dare carry that thing on an undulating full fledge course. No way

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke  9*  :Fuji: Ventus TR Black 6X 45.25"

FW: :taylormade-small: BRNR mini Driver 13.5*  Hzrdus Blue 70g 6.5 tipped 1"

Utility:  :callaway-logo-1: UW 21*  Hzrdus black 80g 6.5

Irons :   :srixon-small: ZX Utility 4 23* MCA Diamana Thump 100x

:srixon-small: Z785 5-PW Nippon Modus 120x

Wedges:  :callaway-logo-1: TCB AW 50* Nippon Modus 120x

:cleveland-small: zipcore 55* DG Wedge Spinner

:vokey-small: Vokey Wedgeworks T grind 60*  REV 2.0

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa 3T 

BB8W MCA MMT Putter shaft

I like the hybrid bags and the stand bags.  Just all around easier when going to the range or storing at home.  I have the Titleist hybrid 14 and just got the Ghost stand bag.  Love both of them.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Stand bag all the way for me.  I walk occasionally and will carry, but also at the range just to be able to set the bag up without worrying about it falling over.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 5/9/2024 at 8:09 AM, Julius said:

Ok, another member of the push cart mafia here.   I use a cart bag due it fitting perfectly onto any push cart

@Julius stated perfectly - The cart bag fits much better on push cart, than a carry/stand bag.  If going to the driving range & putting green, I take my carry bag

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I have both!  My home course only really allows us to use carts, so I have a 15 slot Ping Pioneer cart bag as my day-to-day bag. 

MGSVirtualTournamentTag.jpg.ded5a8330caaf9d53a2acfc18380cf27.jpg

For travel, I have one of the special edition MGS Jones bags.  It's smaller and fits in my Club Glove travel bag.

MGSbagfront.jpg.29d909b857640f8d1d800a16578bb7ac.jpg

The bag to the left was my go-to bag exclusively for traveling.  It's a personalized Jones bag that's over 25 years old and holding up well.   The newer Jones MGS bag (on the right) is the perfect travel size.  It fits the Club Glove travel bag and works as a stand carry or cart bag when needed.   I like having both and can go between the two when needed.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing a lot of people hyping up the hybrid bags. I can definitely see pros and cons for the hybrid bags. If you ride a lot, I think hybrid stand bags are great. Easier to lug around than a cart bag. But I prefer the lighter stand bags. They are great for hitting the range and still light enough to walk with. 

Caleb C.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3

Fairway Woods: Titeist 915 3 wood & 3 hybrid 

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 4-PW with KBS tour shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I experimented with a few different bags in the last three years. I had a cart bag which was great only for all of the things it could carry on the back of the cart. That being said, There is plenty of room for a round with a light stand bag. I had the Mizzuno  BR-D4 stand bag which had a great magnetic pocket on the back for a range finder with two felt lined sides and plenty of storage for everything I could think to put in. a bag including rain gear. The only down side to this was I could actually notice the extra weight when walking. I still only use this bag for the cart now when I know I'll be playing a long round with friends. It is very nice to still grab the bag off the cart and stand it next to the range. 

Now all that being said I walk 75% of the time I play and I love the Titleist Players 4 bag. The back pad is super comfortable for me and the straps hit the shoulders right for me (Big Chested Here). It is lacking a magnetic pocket which the ping hoofer has but it all came down to the lightness and comfort. I actually took my clubs and 6 balls into the store to try it out. For me the less weight the better when walking. I take 6 balls only for instance. 

I could do the hybrid walking but it was heavier and did have some shoulder strain once from this. I suggest the lightest back with your must have features is the best thing for walking with the bag on the back.

The flip-side is the larger bags fit on my pushcart better.  But I hate that thing due to trunk space. 

Profession: Medicine

Hobbies: Golf, Hockey, Woodworking

Dislike: Salad