What do you keep in your bag (apart from clubs)

On 4/30/2024 at 8:04 AM, Northern Monkey said:

With the imminent arrival of my Ghost bag, and the discussion around what you can fit in the pockets, I was wondering what everyone carries in their bag. I’m terrible for hoarding all sorts in my bag and know I need to streamline so thought I’d get everyone’s view. 
In my bag at present I have

Waterproof jacket and trousers, Rangefinder, Bushnell Phantom GPS, c. 3 dozen balls, 6 gloves, pair of rain gloves, woolly hat, bag of tees, 4 ball markers, 2 divot tools, half a dozen pencils, woolly hat, 2 microfibre towels, BootBuddy club/ball cleaner, 2 long sleeved sweater, score card wallet

As well as this attached to the outside of the bag I have 2 towels, 2 bag tags, small brush/groove cleaner

Whoa that is a lot!! I have about 10-15 balls,  rangefinder, 1 towel clipped, small pouch with tees, another small pouch with various markers, divot tools, etc, 2 used gloves, a bottle of water (ready for next round) and golf hat. When the weather is colder/wet I carry some of those items you have but I vary my bag every time i play, depending on conditions. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

As the years have gone by I have tried to lighten the load of my golf bag. A ditty bag with 4-5 large size ball markers, some tees, 2 divot tools,small sunscreen and lip balm, plus my adjustable head tool. Side pockets hold a small medical bag of eye glass repair, tylenol, bandaids. A sealable bag with back, knee and ankle braces, another sealable plastic bag with two spare gloves plus a set of rain gloves. I also have a small collapsable ball retriever. Rain gear, long sleeve pull overs, umbrella and such I leave in the back of the SUV and only pack them as needed. Golf balls will be 8 to 12, depending on the course plus assorted tees and my Bushnell range finder. Bag still feels heavy but that could just be me at my age.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)

• rangefinder
  • Spare battery
  • 7-10 balls + any I find on that round.
  • Tees - too many tees
  • Pencil
  • Divot tool
  • Club wrench
  • Gloves (2 or 3).
  • Rain gear and rain gloves
  • Vest
  • 2 towels (wet and dry)
  • bug spray, sunscreen
  • Band-Aids, Tylenol.
  • Sharpie
  • 1 or 2 water bottles and snacks for round
  • Ball retriever (my most valuable club!)
  • Car Keys
  • Apple Air tag
  • Valuables case for my car keys and apple tag so they don't get lost in the bag or on the course.

I wish my bag (sun mountain) had a clip inside the valuables pouch to keep my keys/air tag secure w/o having an additional case to secure them. Or maybe I wish I was less paranoid about losing them.

Edited by cthoma11

Titleist TSR2 Driver, Taylor Made M5-3W, M6-3H,4H, Sim2 5-PW, Vokey SM9  50,54,58 , Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

3 ball holder that goes over the edge of the bag, ball retriever, wire brush, wrench for adjusting clubs, regrouping tool, rain gear, cigar holder, cigar case with cutter and lighter, extra towel, extra gloves and small zipperd bag with tees, divot tool and sharpie. Garmin GPS. I think that's it.😍

Frank musolino 

Sweater that is about 30 years old, rain pants and coat, rain gloves, 2 regular gloves, Sccotty Cameron divot tool, 2 chip size ball markers, 1 dozen balls, 3 sizes of tees, spare change, dozen dollar bills, 2 bottles of water, 2 towels, several pencils, sharpie, Vortex range finder.

Kevin Berry

Clipped on the bag: Towel, cleaning brush

In the bag at all times: Rain jacket, rain cover that came with the bag, small first aid kit, balls, tees, gloves (if I have more than one).

Kept in the bag but then put in my pockets: divot tool, ball marker, glove I'm using

I'm walking most of the time so I try to keep the bag light.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic MAX LS
Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Rescue 
Irons: :Sub70: 659 CB (:kbs:Tour Lite Stiff shafts)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged (50/54/58)
Putter: ? It was a gift with no brand on it
Bag: :Ogio: Fuse 2024 Neon Sport

After reading these replies, I feel that I'm under-prepared...

Here are the things that I have in (or hanging on) my bag-

Too many balls- maybe 20?

Tees

Divot tool with ball marker

Ball retriever 

I think there's a rain cap/club cover in there, but I've never used it.

Club brush

Towel

I don't use gloves, nor do I have scorecards or pencils in the bag. I've always got the Garmin on the wrist, so that's what I use for distances and to track my score. I'm wearing a cap about 90% of the time, so I do not need to have one in the bag. I generally buy a drink or two at the clubhouse when I start a round, but I never put them in a bag pocket. 

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

The standard: Balls, Tees, Ball marker/divot tool, Rangefinder, wrench for club heads, Two towels (One for clubs, one for me), 4 pair of gloves, the bags rain hood club brush, score card. 

Non standard: Extra pair of socks, Bug spray, Suntan lotion, sharpie to mark ball with the cup to make straight lines.

Occasional items: Rain jacket and rain pants. Mevo for range work, Ball retriever.

Most valuable item: A dense foam disc I made to snap on the club to keep your grip off the ground. Fits in your back pocket and is soft enough to bend comfortably when you sit on it in the cart. I play mostly morning rounds when the grass is wet.

IMG_1318.jpeg.399f61398169a7eb8728cb463b432e93.jpeg

Edited by Tom the Golf Nut

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I carry less when I go on vacation, but for my home bag:

* Nice towel for face and hands

* Cheap towel for cleaning

* Club brush with water reservoir

*  Ball retriever

*  Bug spray

*  Valuables pouch with ball mark repair tool, ball markers and assorted pain relievers (wallet, keys and phone go in here at start.

*  Glove

*  Tees

*  Rain jacket and pants

Given how I've been playing, I may have to soon replace or regrip the ball retriever as it is getting worn from overuse. 

image.png.3b883ddb02eed4871ea9eb0079d51e22.png Aerojet LS driver

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite (currently testing New Level 480DB)

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png HB SOFT 2 Putter – Model 8C

Hmmm, 🤔 🤔 I keep tees, about a dozen balls, ball markers, divot repair tools, towels, rain gear, sharpies, pain meds including patches, sun screen and lotion, a lighter, groove sharpener, range finder, speaker, finger nail clippers, skin glue, bandages, sometimes an extra shaft, I think that’s about it.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

4 hours ago, hoppman said:

"I have no trouble playing a round of golf without drinking water." I am the opposite, I am known as the water guy. I always carry a bottle of water and if we are going to Mesquite NV in the summer, I carry like 3 or 4 bottles of water in my bag or cart at all times. As a kid growing up, I always got headaches if I didn't drink enough water. Colorado is so dry that I can't imagine not carrying water ALL the time.

I can see that.  New England isn't particularly hot or dry.

6 balls, divot tool, 4 wooden tees, 5 more yard tee and spare, laser, face towel (ya, I live in AZ), club towel, shoe laces, sunscreen lotion, USMC ball marker, club wrench, fingernail clipper, lip balm, ball retriever (this is the reason I have 4 shoe boxes of new to me Pro V1's and a few other balls I or my spousal unit like to hit)

additional family heirloom golf towel when I need to chip so I can leave the clubs on the towel and keep the grips clean (btw, have left clubs green side but who can forget their heirloom golf towel? Am I right?)

I have my own golf cart so club cleaners, food, drinks, USMC flag, scorecards, and if it gets cold enough, additional clothing, go on the cart.

Edited by Beakbryce

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

I have 3 towels (one frogger) attached outside and a frogger club cleaner. Inside 7 gloves, 18 golf balls, 2 rangefinders, approx. 40 tees, driver/fairway wood adjustment tool, 3 ball markers, 6 divot tools, rain pants, several Band-Aids and tape, spray on sunscreen, visor, several pencils (some with erasers ha ha), USGA bag tag  on outside, rain hood, sunglasses cleaner cloth, swiss army golfer knife attached to the outside and lastly 4 sharpies (black and brown) for marking balls.

The only thing that I can add, I normally wear bifocals,  but I can't play with them. I also normally wear sunglasses, but they're rather dark at twilight. I keep a pair of prescription single vision glasses for that circumstance. 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

18 balls, two towels, 2 divot tools, numerous tees, range finder, rain coat, pull on pants for colder weather, 2-1/4 zip pullovers, rain gloves winter gloves, 2 regular gloves. club brush.