PGA Championship 2024

Splatt

Ok this is getting carried away. As I said earlier we don’t know everything. If we can’t keep this civil and keep any name calling or character attacks of Scottie, the officer, pro golfers or members out of the conversation, the staff will have no choice but to end it. 

The Staff shouldn’t have to mention this again  

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    PXG Black Ops 8* or Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Grey 65/4 shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :titleist-small: T150 4-GW with Modus 105R

Wedges:    :vokey-small: SM10 56M shaft TBD

:edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge 

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Ok this is getting carried away. As I said earlier we don’t know everything. If we can’t keep this civil and keep any name calling or character attacks of Scottie, the officer, pro golfers or members out of the conversation, the staff will have no choice but to end it. 

The Staff shouldn’t have to mention this again  

With that being said, anyone have a prediction on who is gonna come out hit on this course in these conditions? Know some of y'all having been watching this sport much longer than I have, so who's game can adapt to this much rain?

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

With that being said, anyone have a prediction on who is gonna come out hit on this course in these conditions? Know some of y'all having been watching this sport much longer than I have, so who's game can adapt to this much rain?

min woo is off to a solid start hoping he can keep the rally going after a disappointing day yesterday. On the other side i am really hoping Talor Gooch implodes and misses the cut. I don't really have a problem with any of the liv guys but he's pretty insufferable. But if scottie can  end today in the top 5 after getting arrested knowing ted scott is off the bag tomorrow its hard to think he won't win

Edited by jayyarr

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

So just as an aside to the Scheffler nonsense, I looked into the Jefferson County records, Scottie is back for arraignment on 5/21 at 9 am. There I assume either charges will be dropped, lowered, or pled. Hard to see the felony charge sticking because it requires serious physical injury per the statute, but I'm not barred in Kentucky... so take it with a huge ol' grain of salt.

You're now free to continue talking about our quest to Valhalla.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Posted (edited)

This ESPN BET second round coverage is _the worst_ thing I’ve ever seen. I get it, the bookmaker sponsor is right there in the name, but through the opening 20 min., prop option odds is _the only_ thing the crew is chirping about. Silver lining, they’re making it easy to actually get some work done this morning, something I’ve always struggled with Thurs/Fri of every major week.

Edited by downlowkey

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

We don’t know the full circumstances so hard to comment. However look at it this way, if you have a fatality then technically it is a crime scene (or at least would be here in England) and the deceased person may still have been in situ. The scene would need to be kept sterile until the investigation of the scene had been completed. If that was one of your relatives would you want someone driving past just so they can go and play golf?

Without having ALL the facts you can’t make any assumptions but the overriding issue here is someone has lost their life and a family have lost a loved one. Our thoughts should be with them and not whether the cop or Scheffler were at fault

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

an average fan would not have been driving to the course that early in a line of  players specifically getting waved in to access the property when no one else was allowed to.. So i don't really know if that's a fair comparison to make. 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Before people bash Scottie or the officer for doing anything wrong let’s get the whole situation sorted. 

There have been reports that have stated that the players were told they could enter and even a few players that did what Scottie did and were waved through. 

Bashing anyone’s character at this point including Scottie’s or the cops is just wrong with the contradicting reports so far. 

100% agree here. I have a feeling there were missteps on both sides and it's not a matter of bad character on either side, but just a difficult situation that was mishandled all around. With officers there for the accident (which is something we must not forget someone lost their life this morning) and likely not knowing the situation from the tournament side, blaming them is not prudent in any way.

I'm going to try and ignore any reporting at this point because most outlets just want clicks and will bash anyone to get them. I'll let the situation work itself out and allow the truth to prevail.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter: Maltby Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Hey men, respectfully, I say we drop it and get back to golf.. Every other website is gonna have debates about this, but the reason I love this sight is we are all grown without trolls and talk golf.. with a major going on as we speak, I'm hoping we can talk and bs about it

22 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

I was there yesterday with my wife. She has a small procedure upcoming on her knee, so we didn't walk everywhere, so I didn't see all of the course. (I did leave her a few times to sit while I went some hillier places.) I'm not a big picture guy, but I attached a few of my better shots. I also focused on seeing the course and more players, so I didn't follow any groups (other than incidentally, as there were a few times we walked forward with groups). I'm sure some of these things are common knowledge to you, but some of the things that stood out to me include:

• Parking sucked. It took nearly two hours from getting off the interstate to getting to the course, including 50 minutes standing in line for the buses. We didn't need it, but others did, and there was no accomodation for handicapped. Unacceptable, PGA.
  • Concessions were outstanding. Everything but alcohol was free, and there were plenty of stands, so you never waited, and nobody abused the free food. There were water stations literally everywhere, and almost as many bathrooms. (Needed, since I was obsessive about staying hydrated. It wasn't hot, but it was direct sun for many hours.)
  • The Elijah Craig Speakeasy (the only alcohol we had) made an outstanding Old Fashioned. My wife tried their signature Mulligan cocktail, and it was mediocre. (That drink is supposed to be Irish Whiskey, and I think that would be much better than bourbon.)
  • Lots of electronic signboards around. They told you who it was, their score, and how far their shot was, including putt distances to the inch.. The only thing I wished was they identified the club pros. I understand why not, but we don't know all of these names, and while I'm not much of a vocal "cheer" guy, I would have been louder for those guys.
  • Other than length, the course was nearly defenseless. Super soft fairways (I'm surprised at no casual water spots, but I guess that's what a huge greenskeeping budget will do for you), very receptive greens, and while some of the pins were tucked, they were in flat areas that were very puttable. 
  • F'ing long! It's one thing to see 500 yard par 4s on TV, but looking at a hole in person and thinking, "This is a par 4?", woof! 253 yard par 3? At least on that hole, once a group was on the green the following group would hit their tee shots, and then the first would putt out. Dramatic time savings. 
  • Back to defenseless, the rough was not nearly as thick as I expected. The muni I played Wednesday was at similar length. Outside the ropes everything was so trampled down that the grass was not an issue. Get farther from the ropes and the rough was eminently playable. The worst spot I saw anybody in was Hisatsune, who pushed his drive on 9 and it ran down a bit of a hill to where he was blocked from the green. From a severe uphill but ball below his feet lie he hit a solid layup to about 80 yards, and then got up and down. I saw him on two other greens, he made the best putts I saw.
  • Shortly after that shot, we realized the very stylish woman walking with us was Hisatsune's partner. Tiny, very pretty, and she had this very elegant sweater draped around her neck that had these very cool retro patches of all of the majors. That sweater would sell like mad in most places, but I'm guessing it's a very spendy label.
  • You always hear it said, but yes, these guys are all tall and slim.
  • But then there's John Daly! In fairness, he looked 50 pounds or more lighter than most pictures I've seen of him. He was the only guy using a cart. It was weird to see him consistently 30-70 yards short of his companions, but inside of 200 he was still awesome. Even with irons and wedges, he has the most extreme shoulder tilt I've ever seen.
  • Number 3, 204 yard par 3 into the breeze, the group we watched (Horschel/Kirk/Lee) hit 8, 8 and 7 iron. Life's not fair.
  • On our way out we went to the merchandise tent, but we should have gone first and checked our stuff ($10 fee!). At 4:00 PM the line for the checkout was 45 minutes. We noped our way out of there.
  • We left a little earlier than planned, as my wife's knee was done. The line to get back on the shuttle buses was only 10 minutes, but it was a 40 minute drive in heavy traffic back to parking. At least it was a high end bus with really nice seats.

PXL_20240516_144647592.jpg

PXL_20240516_155241012.jpg

PXL_20240516_170146163.jpg

Screenshot_20240517-114344.png

This is awesome!  Glad you were able to experience it first hand!  Thanks for sharing the photos!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Hey men, respectfully, I say we drop it and get back to golf.. Every other website is gonna have debates about this, but the reason I love this sight is we are all grown without trolls and talk golf.. with a major going on as we speak, I'm hoping we can talk and bs about it

Word. For example: considering the combination of a major championship in Kentucky, rain soaked weather forecast and decision to play the ball down - where is all the crucial speculation re: the best mudders in the field?

Edited by downlowkey

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

5 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Word. For example: considering the combination of a major championship in Kentucky, rain soaked weather forecast and decision to play the ball down - where is all the crucial speculation re: the best mudders in the field?

after last year Tom Kim seems pretty experienced at mudding must be why he's still in the top 10

6 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Exactly, gotta think ppl that put in the extra work over ppl that have the natural talent come thru today

Noted mudder Brian Harman looking grumpy out there. Don't know if anyone else saw that club slam bounce back and hit him in the face 😂

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (45.5")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, Reg flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft, :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip (34")
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

29 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Exactly, gotta think ppl that put in the extra work over ppl that have the natural talent come thru today

Scheffler just birdied after a 185ish shot to 5 feet with mud on the ball.  Impressive..

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

5 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Noted mudder Brian Harman looking grumpy out there. Don't know if anyone else saw that club slam bounce back and hit him in the face 😂

speaking of which, anyone catch Rahm's two handed club throw?  🤣

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

3 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

I agree.. His mind is obviously in the game..Aberg is one of the guys I'm watching today.. He's young and down big.. Is he going to step it up or crack

I need aberg to come back strong since he and theegala are my picks in a pool.

Also somebody tell me when it isnt too soon for the scotty jokes!  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

The PGA should tale some accountability on this by not alerting players, delaying the entire tournament starting times or some other proactive action.

This is not to say Scheffler is without blame or accountability, but is is his job and trying to prepare for a major.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Titleist TiS1 Senior Flex

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

Min Woo Lee said said he and others did the same as Scottie to get around the traffic delays.  I guess Young and Zalatoris both walked to the course.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

11 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

My picks have tanked.  At least there is some good golf to watch!

Let's hope E makes the cut at least.

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1