Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

MGS VCT Flights!

11 hours ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Taking all side bets! 2/1 on @Javs & @Preeway.. Sry @Josh Parker & @Shifty but the numbers are the numbers 🤷 😁

I would never bet against @Josh Parker or @Shifty but I do think @Javs and I have a good shot. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

11 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I would never bet against @Josh Parker or @Shifty but I do think @Javs and I have a good shot. 

It's going to be a great finals! Honestly feel like it's a deadlock.. Gonna be whoever brings their A game and the ball rolling in there favor..I feel like each stroke is gonna count more than normal with y'all 4

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

With Saturday coming to a close, we have one more day for the finals of the Mid-Season Two Person VCT Tournament!  We started with 34 players in four flights and now we're down to two teams in each flight battling it out for being flight champions.  All but @Mr. Mushball and @GolfSpy_BEN have submitted a round in the week 15 thread.  

Without giving anything away, there are some pretty tight matches that have gotten their scores submitted.  So, there's still time to improve on those submitted scores.   Rounds must be completed by Sunday night and posted on the week 15 thread by 9 am Monday, August 5th morning.  

I have a feeling it's going to come down to some solid rounds played on Sunday!  With the quality of the flight finalist, I would expect nothing else!

Good luck to everyone and I'll do my best to post the final round results and crown the flight champions on this thread Monday morning.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

47 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

With Saturday coming to a close, we have one more day for the finals of the Mid-Season Two Person VCT Tournament!  We started with 34 players in four flights and now we're down to two teams in each flight battling it out for being flight champions.  All but @Mr. Mushball and @GolfSpy_BEN have submitted a round in the week 15 thread.  

Without giving anything away, there are some pretty tight matches that have gotten their scores submitted.  So, there's still time to improve on those submitted scores.   Rounds must be completed by Sunday night and posted on the week 15 thread by 9 am Monday, August 5th morning.  

I have a feeling it's going to come down to some solid rounds played on Sunday!  With the quality of the flight finalist, I would expect nothing else!

Good luck to everyone and I'll do my best to post the final round results and crown the flight champions on this thread Monday morning.  

Got a round posted.  One more to go tomorrow morning.

BTW, it was only 3pm on the west coast when this was posted, plenty of day left.  Some rounds could even be competed if they are teeing of around now.  I know we have some folks in HI that post to the VCT, though not sure they are in this tournament. 

All times posted usually are EST as that's where many of the mods live.  9am is 6am (or 3am) for some of us, so be sure to post your scores when you get back.  Fortunately, I'm in EST and playing an AM round, so will get my tie breaker round posted then. 😁

Driver - :PXG: GEN5 0311FX 9°+1.5° - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - :PXG: GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - :PXG: 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Irons🆕 4-PW New Level 480-DB with Nippon Steel Modus Tour 105 shafts 🆕 -- Currently in play test, follow along!
Wedges - :nickent-small: Genex GH Pro 54°, :cleveland-small: ZipGroove 58°
Putter - Wilson (pre Staff) Brass Tech BT-2 with :garsen: ULTIMATE grip
Balls - Kirkland yellow, or whatever I can pick up.  Prefer newer ('23) :titleist-small: V1x.
Distance/Tracking:ShotScope:  X5 Watch
Lugging:Clicgear: 4.0 in obnoxious green

RH player shooting ~105 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

On 8/2/2024 at 11:17 AM, Placasse61 said:

Thanks  MyGolfspy_ben. My only hope it to continue to play well. Not a good start though 49/45

I got you!!!!

Irons🆕 4-PW New Level 480-DB with Nippon Steel Modus Tour 105 shafts 🆕 -- Currently in play test, follow along!
Balls - Kirkland yellow, or whatever I can pick up.  Prefer newer ('23) :titleist-small: V1x.

RH player shooting ~105 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

Congrats everyone!!  Well deserved wins!

Well played @Javs and @Preeway

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Great showing by all and great match @Josh Parker and @Shifty. Expected nothing less than coming down to the wire to determine the victor. Just glad I had enough pop early in the week, despite the heat, because I had nothing in the tank yesterday. Hope the back starts feeling better soon partner @Javs

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

2 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Great showing by all and great match @Josh Parker and @Shifty. Expected nothing less than coming down to the wire to determine the victor. Just glad I had enough pop early in the week, despite the heat, because I had nothing in the tank yesterday. Hope the back starts feeling better soon partner @Javs

Yes great playing @Josh Parker and @Shifty! @Preeway thanks partner and great play the last couple weeks!

Play like a champion today!

19 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

The first Mid-Season Two Person Best Ball VCT Tournament is in the books!  Seventeen teams started and only four could be the flight winners.  As expected, the flight final matches were close.  All four matches were decided by a total of seven strokes and three of the four came down to the last few holes.  So, let’s start.

In Flight I we had @Preeway and @Javs taking on @Josh Parker and @Shifty.  Both won very tight matches to get into the finals:  Preeway/Javs winning by one stroke and Josh Parker/Shifty winning on the second tie breaker.  So, how about in the finals?  Again, a very tight match!  Josh Parker/Shifty started strong with a net birdie and eagle to go up by two strokes.  Preeway/Javs matched that eagle on the eighth hole and held a one stroke lead as they headed to the back nine.  Through 16 holes, Josh Parker/Shifty were up by one stroke.  However, Preeway/Javs finished really strong with a net eagle and birdie to take the match by three at -11 to -8. 

image.png.02321cb0a840a573b9a46d6a98155989.png

Congratulations Preeway and Javs on winning the Flight I and being crowned champions!

In Flight II, we had @tw1ns and @GolfSpy_BEN taking on @rkj427and @GolfSpy SAM.  If you remember last week, tw1ns/Golfspy_BEN kicked butt and won their week 1 match by seven strokes (I certainly do as I was part of the victims).  rkj427/GolfSpy SAM outpaced two other teams by four strokes to win Group B.  This championship match was closer…much closer!  By the turn, rkj427/GolfSPy SAM built a two-stroke lead with five birdies and their solid play continued on the back.  However, tw1ns/GolfSpy_BEN went -5 from holes 10-17 to get within one stroke which included a net eagle on their eleventh hole.  That left them one down with one to play.  GolfSpy_BEN said in his VCT Week 15 round summary “The birdie on 18 was a 25 foot putt from the fringe that was pretty cool.”  Yes, it was, and it proved to be the winner!  That tied the match at -9 and with that last birdie it gave rkj427/GolfSpy_BEN one more team net birdies or better to win the tie breaker.  Full disclosure, tw1ns also had a net birdie on the 18th hole which would have given them the victory, but GolfSpy_BEN’s quote yielded a better story.  

image.png.1ef4d0fbbd5409f7090dd39c00b1e4fa.png

Independent of who got the winning birdie, congratulations tw1ns and GolfSpy_Ben for a great two weeks of golf and winning Flight II!

Flight III/IV featured @Rico_de_Gallo and @frazzman80 against @fozcycle and @dback.  Both had convincing wins in week one.  This week, fozcycle/dback built a two stroke lead at the turn even with Rico_de_Gallo/frazzman80 having a net eagle.  Both teams added another net eagle on the back and played well.  In the end, fozcycle/dback were able to fend off Rico_de_Gallo/frazzman80’s shooting -6 on the last seven holes and a net birdie-birdie finish to take Flight III/IV by one stroke in another extremely close match.

image.png.3d229c11faa619f0b609ec3ca4615252.png

Congratulations fozcycle/dback on your Flight III/IV championship!

Flight V/VI featured two teams with solid week 1 performances.  @Mr. Mushball and @Placasse61had a strong five stroke win while @Wolfstrum and @MGoBlue100 pulled out a one stroke win.  In the Flight V/VI championship martch, Mr. Mushball/Placasse61 started out strong and built a three-stroke lead after nine holes.   That even included a rare team net double bogey too!  Mr. Mushball/Placasse61 added another net eagle while Wolfstrum/MGoBlue100 had a sting of three net bogies.   Wolfstrum/MGoBlue100 rallied and finished really strong shooting -5 on the last six holes.  However, it wasn’t enough.  Mr. Mushball/Placasse61 built a big lead and held on for the win.

image.png.8d1d28929373e4e27293fa9a389d1542.png

There you have it.   Another MyGolfSpy tournament in the books!  Thank you all for participating and congratulations to all the winners.  I hope everyone had fun and look forward to this Fall’s season ending VCT tournament.

Great playing across all the flights! Thank you to @GolfSpy_BEN @Golf2Much and @Josh Parker for another great and fun event! 

Play like a champion today!

18 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

The first Mid-Season Two Person Best Ball VCT Tournament is in the books!  Seventeen teams started and only four could be the flight winners.  As expected, the flight final matches were close.  All four matches were decided by a total of seven strokes and three of the four came down to the last few holes.  So, let’s start.

In Flight I we had @Preeway and @Javs taking on @Josh Parker and @Shifty.  Both won very tight matches to get into the finals:  Preeway/Javs winning by one stroke and Josh Parker/Shifty winning on the second tie breaker.  So, how about in the finals?  Again, a very tight match!  Josh Parker/Shifty started strong with a net birdie and eagle to go up by two strokes.  Preeway/Javs matched that eagle on the eighth hole and held a one stroke lead as they headed to the back nine.  Through 16 holes, Josh Parker/Shifty were up by one stroke.  However, Preeway/Javs finished really strong with a net eagle and birdie to take the match by three at -11 to -8. 

Congratulations Preeway and Javs on winning the Flight I and being crowned champions!

In Flight II, we had @tw1ns and @GolfSpy_BEN taking on @rkj427and @GolfSpy SAM.  If you remember last week, tw1ns/Golfspy_BEN kicked butt and won their week 1 match by seven strokes (I certainly do as I was part of the victims).  rkj427/GolfSpy SAM outpaced two other teams by four strokes to win Group B.  This championship match was closer…much closer!  By the turn, rkj427/GolfSPy SAM built a two-stroke lead with five birdies and their solid play continued on the back.  However, tw1ns/GolfSpy_BEN went -5 from holes 10-17 to get within one stroke which included a net eagle on their eleventh hole.  That left them one down with one to play.  GolfSpy_BEN said in his VCT Week 15 round summary “The birdie on 18 was a 25 foot putt from the fringe that was pretty cool.”  Yes, it was, and it proved to be the winner!  That tied the match at -9 and with that last birdie it gave rkj427/GolfSpy_BEN one more team net birdies or better to win the tie breaker.  Full disclosure, tw1ns also had a net birdie on the 18th hole which would have given them the victory, but GolfSpy_BEN’s quote yielded a better story.  

Independent of who got the winning birdie, congratulations tw1ns and GolfSpy_Ben for a great two weeks of golf and winning Flight II!

Flight III/IV featured @Rico_de_Gallo and @frazzman80 against @fozcycle and @dback.  Both had convincing wins in week one.  This week, fozcycle/dback built a two stroke lead at the turn even with Rico_de_Gallo/frazzman80 having a net eagle.  Both teams added another net eagle on the back and played well.  In the end, fozcycle/dback were able to fend off Rico_de_Gallo/frazzman80’s shooting -6 on the last seven holes and a net birdie-birdie finish to take Flight III/IV by one stroke in another extremely close match.

Flight V/VI featured two teams with solid week 1 performances.  @Mr. Mushball and @Placasse61had a strong five stroke win while @Wolfstrum and @MGoBlue100 pulled out a one stroke win.  In the Flight V/VI championship martch, Mr. Mushball/Placasse61 started out strong and built a three-stroke lead after nine holes.   That even included a rare team net double bogey too!  Mr. Mushball/Placasse61 added another net eagle while Wolfstrum/MGoBlue100 had a sting of three net bogies.   Wolfstrum/MGoBlue100 rallied and finished really strong shooting -5 on the last six holes.  However, it wasn’t enough.  Mr. Mushball/Placasse61 built a big lead and held on for the win.

There you have it.   Another MyGolfSpy tournament in the books!  Thank you all for participating and congratulations to all the winners.  I hope everyone had fun and look forward to this Fall’s season ending VCT tournament.

Congrats @GolfSpy_BEN!  We are the Winners!  I appreciate all the work @Golf2Much a little edit is needed in the last paragraph- you teamed up Ben with our opponent - for the win.  Tough opponents @rkj427 @GolfSpy SAM  and I will concede the better story aspect of Bens putt making the difference on 18!  We just decided to leave no doubt with both of us making birdie. 

Driver :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5 deg. Tensei CK Series Blue 50 Stiff

3 Wood :callaway-small: Steel Head Tensei CK Series Blue Reg.

Hybrids :taylormade-small: M2 3-4H - Reg.

Irons :taylormade-small: M2 5-PW Reg. Steel

Wedges :titelist-small: 52* 56* Vokey SM4 Black

Putter :odyssey-small: Versa White Hot RX #7  35 inch SuperStroke Slim 3.0

Ball  VICE Tour

34 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

Congrats @dback and @fozcycle on the win!

Still think we had the best club head cover thanks to @frazzman80

Thank you so much @GolfSpy_BEN, @Golf2Much, and @Josh Parker for running this. This is such a great place

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Congrats to the winning teams! Although I only got to compete in one round (sorry @GolfSpy_APH) these are always a fun time! 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just now, GolfSpy BOS said:

Congrats to the winning teams! Although I only got to compete in one round (sorry @GolfSpy_APH) these are always a fun time! 

Next time!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congratulations to all of the winning teams, actually no one who participated should be considered a loser. ⛳

Thanks to Ben and Norm, @GolfSpy_BEN and @Golf2Much for all their work in the VCT all year long and making it a great way for the members to post scores. 😎

Matt, @GolfSpy SAM no shame on our team, we played well, just the birdies on the last hole did us in.  👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Congrats to the winners!  Thank you everyone who participated, and extra thanks to @Golf2Much for doing the heavy lifting and thrilling round recaps.  This was a ton of fun, always love these tournaments.

@Placasse61, you made a great partner, we worked well together!  Hope to get matched up with you next time, but doubt I'll get into Flight V for a while.  Best of luck to everyone else next time, can't wait for a good comeback attempt.

1 hour ago, Golf2Much said:

In Flight II, we had @tw1ns and @GolfSpy_BEN taking on @rkj427and @GolfSpy SAM.  If you remember last week, tw1ns/Golfspy_BEN kicked butt and won their week 1 match by seven strokes (I certainly do as I was part of the victims).  rkj427/GolfSpy SAM outpaced two other teams by four strokes to win Group B.  This championship match was closer…much closer!  By the turn, rkj427/GolfSPy SAM built a two-stroke lead with five birdies and their solid play continued on the back.  However, tw1ns/GolfSpy_BEN went -5 from holes 10-17 to get within one stroke which included a net eagle on their eleventh hole.  That left them one down with one to play.  GolfSpy_BEN said in his VCT Week 15 round summary “The birdie on 18 was a 25 foot putt from the fringe that was pretty cool.”  Yes, it was, and it proved to be the winner!  That tied the match at -9 and with that last birdie it gave rkj427/GolfSpy SAM one more team net birdies or better to win the tie breaker.  Full disclosure, tw1ns also had a net birdie on the 18th hole which would have given them the victory, but GolfSpy_BEN’s quote yielded a better story.  

Congrats to everyone - Well Played!

Thanks to my partner @Golf2Much, @GolfSpy_BEN, and @Josh Parker for putting this on!

Edited by William P

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1 hour ago, tw1ns said:

Congrats @GolfSpy_BEN!  We are the Winners!  I appreciate all the work @Golf2Much a little edit is needed in the last paragraph- you teamed up Ben with our opponent - for the win.  Tough opponents @rkj427 @GolfSpy SAM  and I will concede the better story aspect of Bens putt making the difference on 18!  We just decided to leave no doubt with both of us making birdie. 

Awesome win, you two! Great work @rkj427 - we complimented each other really well through both weeks! 

All I keep thinking about is the number of putts over the last two weeks that have burned edges/been left one roll short.  Sigh.  🙂  But that's golf, right? 

Congrats to all the winners, and - as always - special thanks and shout-outs to @Golf2Much & @Josh Parker (and Ben) for making this thing happen.  VERY excited to be involved in the next iteration (trust me - should be a fun option) of this thing!

-Matt

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Congratulations to the winners!  Well done. 

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

2 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

In Flight II, we had @tw1ns and @GolfSpy_BEN taking on @rkj427and @GolfSpy SAM.  If you remember last week, tw1ns/Golfspy_BEN kicked butt and won their week 1 match by seven strokes (I certainly do as I was part of the victims).  rkj427/GolfSpy SAM outpaced two other teams by four strokes to win Group B.  This championship match was closer…much closer!  By the turn, rkj427/GolfSPy SAM built a two-stroke lead with five birdies and their solid play continued on the back.  However, tw1ns/GolfSpy_BEN went -5 from holes 10-17 to get within one stroke which included a net eagle on their eleventh hole.  That left them one down with one to play.  GolfSpy_BEN said in his VCT Week 15 round summary “The birdie on 18 was a 25 foot putt from the fringe that was pretty cool.”  Yes, it was, and it proved to be the winner!  That tied the match at -9 and with that last birdie it gave rkj427/GolfSpy SAM one more team net birdies or better to win the tie breaker.  Full disclosure, tw1ns also had a net birdie on the 18th hole which would have given them the victory, but GolfSpy_BEN’s quote yielded a better story.  

Oh no!!! My 2 lip-out 3 putts sting so much more 6 days later!!! I gave it all I could but I needed at least one real birdie it seems!

Congrats @dback and @fozcycleon the one shot victory! 

Great playing with you @Rico_de_Gallo  - I’ll reach out to do it in person soon.

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 10* | Taylor Made Mini Driver 13.5* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 51*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

2 hours ago, Mr. Mushball said:

Congrats to the winners!  Thank you everyone who participated, and extra thanks to @Golf2Much for doing the heavy lifting and thrilling round recaps.  This was a ton of fun, always love these tournaments.

@Placasse61, you made a great partner, we worked well together!  Hope to get matched up with you next time, but doubt I'll get into Flight V for a while.  Best of luck to everyone else next time, can't wait for a good comeback attempt.

Congrats Mr mushball. Fun teaming up with you for the win. Hopefully we can team up again. Best of luck

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

2 hours ago, frazzman80 said:

Oh no!!! My 2 lip-out 3 putts sting so much more 6 days later!!! I gave it all I could but I needed at least one real birdie it seems!

Congrats @dback and @fozcycleon the one shot victory! 

Great playing with you @Rico_de_Gallo  - I’ll reach out to do it in person soon.

The real victory is the friendships we've made along the way .... undefeated there

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Awesome! Way to go @dback…….we took ‘em down!

BTW, do we get a banner?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

48 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Awesome! Way to go @dback…….we took ‘em down!

BTW, do we get a banner?

There will be a badge/trophy added to your trophy room in the next few weeks.

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman